cursed spark

Nov 27, 2017
i had a grand time so far... just got a few questions:
-is there a way to masturbate?
even with max arousal i couldnt find any obvious option to do it...
-is there contraception?
I am not a dilligent reader, but i did read a little of the class and i know that abortion is pretty much illegal after the epidemic. Does this apply to contraception as well?
-Will there be a way to affect your height as well as breast size bellow C cup?
-Is there or will there be a way to interact with npcs?
there are your classmates, your sister and a doctor and the other guy over at the clinic, but there is no dialog options to speak of with one of those, then there are ofcorse the random encounters that offer sex and all that over at the bar, but having something like that with an actual character would be nice rather than a random event.

really like the premise and main character representation, although having more represented stats/states wouldnt hurt i dont think?
Hope the development on this goes well, cheers!

Wolfyna

Jan 24, 2018
I dont know if someone already said this but I think the clothing system is great but it would be better if it had an option to change automatically like if you go to the park to run in your school clothes you automatically change to gym clothes or dress automatically when leaving the apartment using the loadouts you chose before it would cut on a lot of time

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Yes, walking around naked at the apartment works fine, but the outfit gets marked invalid and trying to sleep changes you into the everyday outfit.
Not sure why you would have this issue, there shouldn't be anything else interacting with it. I will come up with a more elegant solution later since the same issue might happen when sunbathing naked or something (once sunbathing is added)

i had a grand time so far... just got a few questions:
-is there a way to masturbate?
even with max arousal i couldnt find any obvious option to do it...
-is there contraception?
I am not a dilligent reader, but i did read a little of the class and i know that abortion is pretty much illegal after the epidemic. Does this apply to contraception as well?
-Will there be a way to affect your height as well as breast size bellow C cup?
-Is there or will there be a way to interact with npcs?
there are your classmates, your sister and a doctor and the other guy over at the clinic, but there is no dialog options to speak of with one of those, then there are ofcorse the random encounters that offer sex and all that over at the bar, but having something like that with an actual character would be nice rather than a random event.

really like the premise and main character representation, although having more represented stats/states wouldnt hurt i dont think?
Hope the development on this goes well, cheers!
I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Masturbation, not yet but it is high priority to be added. I also need to balance lust gain because Sammy is pretty much always horny right now.

Contraception is something I am still trying to tie down. Yes contraceptives are illegal and while not ingame yet, once added will only be available from the black market. I personally would like to make them very costly so that there is a trade off in eliminating the risk of pregnancy. But I know there are some players who don't care for pregnancy and want contraceptives to just be a "turn pregnancy off" button. So I am still considering how to balance it.

Breast size changes are planned, it will be rolled out slowly over multiple updates. Height, I have no plans to do anything about that currently. It would require more work than new breast sizes and far less popular. Plus her being short is kind of a minor story point.

Interacting with NPC's. Emily after the tutorial is a proof of concept on how NPC interaction will work. You will see them in the environment and can click on them. But currently the only one ingame is Emily right now.

Represented stats will come in it's own dedicated menu.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
I dont know if someone already said this but I think the clothing system is great but it would be better if it had an option to change automatically like if you go to the park to run in your school clothes you automatically change to gym clothes or dress automatically when leaving the apartment using the loadouts you chose before it would cut on a lot of time
Didn't catch your post while replying to the above. I would actually like some feedback on that. It is easy for me to quickly change you and let you run. Is the loss of immersion or realism worth the gain in user friendliness? I will follow player feedback on this subject.

magistrate

Feb 2, 2019
Didn't catch your post while replying to the above. I would actually like some feedback on that. It is easy for me to quickly change you and let you run. Is the loss of immersion or realism worth the gain in user friendliness? I will follow player feedback on this subject.
Make it a cheat, to make it clear it's not the intended experience but still let people do it. Alternatively you could just make the player change right there, and add NPC reactions if it's in public.

cursed spark

Nov 27, 2017
Not sure why you would have this issue, there shouldn't be anything else interacting with it. I will come up with a more elegant solution later since the same issue might happen when sunbathing naked or something (once sunbathing is added)

I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Masturbation, not yet but it is high priority to be added. I also need to balance lust gain because Sammy is pretty much always horny right now.

Contraception is something I am still trying to tie down. Yes contraceptives are illegal and while not ingame yet, once added will only be available from the black market. I personally would like to make them very costly so that there is a trade off in eliminating the risk of pregnancy. But I know there are some players who don't care for pregnancy and want contraceptives to just be a "turn pregnancy off" button. So I am still considering how to balance it.

Breast size changes are planned, it will be rolled out slowly over multiple updates. Height, I have no plans to do anything about that currently. It would require more work than new breast sizes and far less popular. Plus her being short is kind of a minor story point.

Interacting with NPC's. Emily after the tutorial is a proof of concept on how NPC interaction will work. You will see them in the environment and can click on them. But currently the only one ingame is Emily right now.

Represented stats will come in it's own dedicated menu.
thanks for the reply, is there a way to track ETAs on these updates?

D

Deleted member 895070

Found an error when broke and choosing the option "I really need the cash"

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/locations/trainstation_local/trainstation_local_pub.rpy", line 9, in script call
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/trainstation_local/trainstation_local_pub.rpy", line 9, in script call
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/hallway.rpy", line 10, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/bus/busstop_highway.rpy", line 9, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/trainstation_local/pub_events/pub_work/pub_work_rep_talk.rpy", line 177, in script
    jump pub_waitress_work_sex_sold_toilet
ScriptError: could not find label 'pub_waitress_work_sex_sold_toilet'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/bus/busstop_highway.rpy", line 9, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/trainstation_local/pub_events/pub_work/pub_work_rep_talk.rpy", line 177, in script
    jump pub_waitress_work_sex_sold_toilet
  File "C:\Users\Späher\Downloads\fixer\TheFixer-0.2.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\Späher\Downloads\fixer\TheFixer-0.2.8-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'pub_waitress_work_sex_sold_toilet'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Fixer 0.2.8
Fri Nov 13 17:42:08 2020

Mushrooms

Jul 10, 2018
Is the loss of immersion or realism worth the gain in user friendliness?
You can give us a choice: go home/safe place to change clothes (skip some ingame time and change clothes), or play event with changing clothes at risky places.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
I would think it's best if you create settings to toggle off content rather than trying to create a balance around it. Because I'd like to think there are quite a few of us who enjoy the forced corruption spiral. At least I think it's counter-intuitive for the genre if the player needs to actively try to fail to see the content. I say bring it on! Make the men devious scumbags who try to get into her panties by any means necessary. I love the fact that your code tells me that even birth control pills and condoms can currently fail, please don't change that. On the contrary, I'd love it if in the flat-mate update you'd include somebody who would actively try to switch your pills into sugar pills to further screw the player over even if they tried their best to stay pure. Hell, even more extreme if they switched them to fertility increasing drugs.

Speaking of which, why are the men much less likely to come inside her when she's on dangerous period if the game lore says they have absolutely nothing to worry about if she gets pregnant? And if lore says pregnancy is in fact desired effect they should have increased desire to go for it. I also assume in the future we don't need to get drunk before work to get scenes either - as I already mentioned, don't make us actively seek her misfortune but rather serve it to us.

I assume most players will want to see her get fucked, quite literally, so it's ok if we're only given bad options. For those few who like her to stay pure for whatever reason it's a good idea to keep events with certain amount of RNG so those who want to can save-scum to stay pure.

Last edited:

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Make it a cheat, to make it clear it's not the intended experience but still let people do it. Alternatively you could just make the player change right there, and add NPC reactions if it's in public.
You can give us a choice: go home/safe place to change clothes (skip some ingame time and change clothes), or play event with changing clothes at risky places.
I would rather avoid cheats/options as a first solution. Changing clothes from your rucksack can be nice. Seems like an idea that can solve the issue while also adding some fun events and risk around doing it.

thanks for the reply, is there a way to track ETAs on these updates?
Currently I am pushing releases as fast as I can to get as bug free a version as possible so releases are hourly/daily. From there I will settle into a routine where I will either have monthly or bi-weekly updates. Keeping an eye here or my patreon is the best way to keep up to date

Found an error when broke and choosing the option "I really need the cash"
Thanks for reporting, is fixed and will be in the next build.

I would think it's best if you create settings to toggle off content rather than trying to create a balance around it. Because I'd like to think there are quite a few of us who enjoy the forced corruption spiral. At least I think it's counter-intuitive for the genre if the player needs to actively try to fail to see the content. I say bring it on! Make the men devious scumbags who try to get into her panties by any means necessary. I love the fact that your code tells me that even birth control pills and condoms can currently fail, please don't change that. On the contrary, I'd love it if in the flat-mate update you'd include somebody who would actively try to switch your pills into sugar pills to further screw the player over even if they tried their best to stay pure. Hell, even more extreme if they switched them to fertility increasing drugs.

Speaking of which, why are the men much less likely to come inside her when she's on dangerous period if the game lore says they have absolutely nothing to worry about if she gets pregnant? And if lore says pregnancy is in fact desired effect they should have increased desire to go for it. I also assume in the future we don't need to get drunk before work to get scenes either - as I already mentioned, don't make us actively seek her misfortune but rather serve it to us.

I assume most players will want to see her get fucked, quite literally, so it's ok if we're only given bad options. For those few who like her to stay pure for whatever reason it's a good idea to keep events with certain amount of RNG so those who want to can save-scum to stay pure.
While I did say above I would prefer not to use cheats/options as a solution. I think with pregnancy content I may well have to since it is a core feature of the game and much of the gameplay will be balanced with it in mind. Especially with alcohol being the best mood booster in he game, there will be instances where you do end up in situations that are less than ideal for the PC.

With cumming inside her on certain days, to be sure I had a look at the code and it's not the case. She is just less likely to let them in her vagina during these days. Assuming she is given the choice of course, sometimes she's far too drunk or horny to care. Once men are inside her, it's pretty much just a dice roll.

Also pregnancy is desired for the men, not the women :p They still need to carry the baby for 9 months. (Or 3 seasons in this case)

For pub scenes, I have a counter (10 I think) that counts how often you sold yourself. Once you reach that point then Sammy no longer cares and just goes with it. Pretty much all the other stat restrictions are removed at that point. She has accepted she is a whore. This counter will also carry over throughout the whole game for when more events are in. At that point it will be as you say, served on a plate to the player since it's clear what kind of girl Sammy is ;)

Mushrooms

Jul 10, 2018
sometimes she's far too drunk or horny to care.
That's good. On the other hand i'd like to have some control. Like in bar events you can give options to tease. Flash someone for fun or seduce. And have options to force men to come outside if she have enough self control (not drunk or too horny)
Also would be nice if horny state would distract you from other activities (she will try to show her body instead of training for example) and you have to get rid of it.

One more thought. When peaple get her arse (bar events) can be more reaction from her: let them/polite/angry. And when she is pantless they could comment it or even put finger in her pussy. Hm.. maybe add minigame in bar job, when she is too horny she can masturbate(lost some time) or seduce or work in horny but have chance to come from groping (drop beer, pay for it, deal with costomer)

Your game looks very promising. Keep up the good work.

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
heyy

i got another one when you try to kill time around the neighborhood around at dawn, code is as such:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/kitchen.rpy", line 9, in script call
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/stairwell.rpy", line 9, in script call
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/common.rpy", line 10, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/bedroom.rpy", line 10, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/bathroom.rpy", line 9, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/residential_area/residential_area.rpy", line 14, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/bus/busstop_trainstation.rpy", line 8, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/park_local/park_local.rpy", line 20, in script call
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/core/game_calls.rpy", line 26, in script
    $ time_kill(60)
  File "game/scripts/core/game_calls.rpy", line 26, in <module>
    $ time_kill(60)
  File "game/scripts/core/functions.rpy", line 339, in time_kill
NameError: global name 'pc_allure' is not defined

Full traceback:
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/residential_area/residential_area.rpy", line 14, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/bus/busstop_trainstation.rpy", line 8, in script call
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/locations/park_local/park_local.rpy", line 20, in script call
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/core/game_calls.rpy", line 26, in script
    $ time_kill(60)
  File "D:\Games\eyes\TheFixer-0.2.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\eyes\TheFixer-0.2.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/core/game_calls.rpy", line 26, in <module>
    $ time_kill(60)
  File "game/scripts/core/functions.rpy", line 339, in time_kill
NameError: global name 'pc_allure' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Fixer 0.2.8
Fri Nov 13 20:53:51 2020
edit: got another one when talking to emilie, happens in this entire interaction actually

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/locations/commercial_area/commercial_area.rpy", line 13, in script call
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/characters/emile.rpy", line 158, in script
    emile "It's best if you don't stay out too late at night if you want to keep safe."
Exception: Sayer 'emile' is not defined.

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/locations/commercial_area/commercial_area.rpy", line 13, in script call
    $ arrival()
  File "game/scripts/characters/emile.rpy", line 158, in script
    emile "It's best if you don't stay out too late at night if you want to keep safe."
  File "D:\Games\eyes\TheFixer-0.2.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "D:\Games\eyes\TheFixer-0.2.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'emile' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Fixer 0.2.8
Fri Nov 13 21:39:04 2020

Last edited:

Headingley

Mar 16, 2020
I have a shadow person on screen all the time now that says npc_doc in the middle of it, any idea how to get rid of it.

baltic1284

Apr 27, 2019
At a bar how do you get diffrent scene? Each time it's just anal...
good question usually you have to get drunk to get those scenes havnt found any other way except threw confidence if i ever figure how to get the console commands to work to bost it since there is no way to other wise

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
good question usually you have to get drunk to get those scenes havnt found any other way except threw confidence if i ever figure how to get the console commands to work to bost it since there is no way to other wise
the only i managed to do it was on a new save where sammy lost her virginity to simon on the first mission (i assume you need to have max desire for it to trigger)

older saves where sammy was still a virgin, vaginal sex scenes never seemed to trigger, only anal, and a handjob scene that happened fairly rarely

Reactions: netsrac

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
At a bar how do you get diffrent scene? Each time it's just anal...
Get drunk, more than what is required to start the events. If you pass out you can lose virginity while unconscious or barely conscious. You can also lose virginity to a guy that you tell to go for bum only; if you are attractive enough and drunk enough there's a chance they ignore your request.

Both of these events can be save-scummed. If you look for the pass out scenes, save when she goes into men's room because it has much higher chances for the events.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I haven't had time for a particularly extensive playthrough but I just wanted to say that I like what I've seen so far and am eager to see where this goes.

I'm not too keen on life-sims but this seems light enough on the busywork while still being complicated enough in the customisation and choices to be worth it. I'm not a fan of having to make sure I eat three times a day and go toilet regularly when I don't even do that IRL (the eating part, anyway) and the current focus on a handful of stats seems more reasonable.

A lot of the ideas behind the game are ones that have been pinging around my brain for years - Genderswapped protagonist in a cute female body having to do espionage-y stuff in a dark but not too dark future, specifically - and I'm glad to see someone putting that idea to good use. I wasn't surprised to see this first pop up on TFGS, lol.

I did notice some occasional minor typos and such going through the game, but it seems like I'm a few versions behind now so they might have been cleaned up already. If you need proofing support or something, I might be able to help. Basic resumé is in my "About me" section on my profile page, should be linked in my sig - tl;dr: I do my own writing and have done some extensive re-writing work for a mod of another Ren'Py game so there's some proof i can do word good without breaking everything.

Reactions: Difictly
3.90 star(s) 54 Votes