Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Autonomous Sexbot

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Sexbots for sure. It's the first part of Skynet's plan to replace humanity.
The killer robots are next.
Robots are the future. Pretty soon, robots will be making our subway sandwiches and doing everyday activities that humans do. A robot is ideally the perfect worker. They never get tired, and they never sleep.

The movie "Terminator" was way ahead of its time. The idea of terminators is another word for killer robots, and come to think of it, that is quite scary. I personally wouldn't want "terminators" roaming about, that would be quite hectic.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Ambir

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Robots are the future. Pretty soon, robots will be making our subway sandwiches and doing everyday activities that humans do. A robot is ideally the perfect worker. They never get tired, and they never sleep.

The movie "Terminator" was way ahead of its time. The idea of terminators is another word for killer robots, and come to think of it, that is quite scary. I personally wouldn't want "terminators" roaming about, that would be quite hectic.
Yeah you could have ones that try to kill humans, or with sexbots you basically ensure the same result just a lot more slower....and perhaps more enjoyable.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
As we all know
LOL! I don't know! I see absolutely no prerequisites for this. The best products this industry has to offer are just a surrogate that is very far from the real deal. And I can't even imagine how this surrogate can get better in the near future.

Reactions: Doorknob22

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
sexbots already exist... kinda. Of course they are just glorified dolls with ai in the head to be able to speak/play music/etc but the person still has to move them, however its likely the next decade will see dolls being able to freely move which wont only be applicable to sex but other minor tasks too

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
As we all know AI will utterly replace women in the sexual market place in the next 20 years leading to the complete extinction of mankind.
This is where you lost me, practically in the first sentence.

Oh, I'm lying of course, because, fascinated, I read some more and came upon this gem:

But what about an AI girlfriend who is programmed to be deceptive, manipulative and regard you with a thinly veiled disgust just like a real woman would?
I can only wish you luck.

neodymiumx

Jun 5, 2020
Neither is going to "replace" women in a way that will lead mankind to extinction. It is going to shake up the market though in some interesting ways. The biggest problem might just be that people in relationships will just turn to VR or a bot to satisfy their kinks or fetishes instead of finding the right partner for them, leading to less compatible relationships as a whole. That would be a little sad, I think. As for the extinction of mankind, I think if population counts really start to dwindle because no one wants to have real sex anymore or even deal with the pain of pregnancy, the general consensus around growing babies in tubes will become positive enough for it to be common place and solve the whole "extinction" issue, for better or for worse. Maybe for the better, if people could pick 1 - 2 perfect designer kids instead of continually going through pregnancies and having 4 - 5 kids, would they? It would be good in the sense that it would slow overpopulation. It's interesting to think about.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
sexbots already exist... kinda. Of course they are just glorified dolls with ai in the head to be able to speak/play music/etc but the person still has to move them, however its likely the next decade will see dolls being able to freely move which wont only be applicable to sex but other minor tasks too
The closest thing to sexbots as of now are things called "sex dolls." believe me, they exist, and they are expensive.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I don't see either replacing women (or men) in the next 20 years.
Isn't the question more about both replacing prostitutes ?

I do think the movie Her was right, if we get an operating system that is that advanced we are fucked. A lot of pet owners feel their pet understands them better than their partner. Now imagine an operating system that has access to your whole life [...]
But you base this on the apocalypse scenario sold by Science Fiction since decades.

An AI do not need to turn full Skynet end of the world, this even when it will become so powerful that it will understand how weak human are, and how deep is their love for auto-destruction.

You use, with reason, a comparison with pets, why not go further and compare with cats ? They meow to humans, something that they only do with us and kittens, not with adult, not with other species. They see us as kittens, lovely persons but so incapable and stupids.
What if, when they will reach the right level of understanding, AI don't turn psychopaths, but see use like babies ? We don't need to be destroyed because we are a danger for the universe, but need to be nursed because we aren't old enough to understand the universe and live in it without supervision.
Then, yes, AI would understand everything about us and make the perfect match... But they wouldn't do it, being voluntarily imperfect, for us to not prefer them to humans. They would then act like (de facto incestuous) mothers, being nice and loving, teaching and protecting us, but also being strict and pushing us to open up to the world and other human beings.
In terms of games, they would be cuckqueen incestuous mothers ; "Honey, she's perfect for you, you should date her and see where it will lead you. And don't worry, if it don't works I'll let you fuck my ass all night long to comfort you. Hell, even if it works I'll still let you do it, I know you really like that. Come closer, I want to blow you, you really feel a bit too tense."

As for robotics I don't really see them going from where things stand now to android in the next 20 years. I could be wrong but innovation has been very incremental for ages. I do think we can get to a level of technology where androids will be indistinguishable from humans as I do not subscribe to humanities superiority complex at the top of the evolution ladder.
Do they really need to be indistinguishable ? Combine this , to that , and you get something that would be "close enough" for a big part of the male population.
If I'm rich enough when I retire, this would already be better than a brat nurse that wouldn't even want to sponge bath me ;)

I just don't think technology will advance to that level in just 20 years.
Still sure now that you seen the videos linked above ? They'll not replace us, but (reproduction excluded) what you don't see coming the the 20 following years, I tend to expect it to be a reality (for really rich people) before the end of this decade.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Isn't the question more about both replacing prostitutes ?
Of course it would start with replacing sex workers at first. But I doubt it would end there.

But you base this on the apocalypse scenario sold by Science Fiction since decades.

An AI do not need to turn full Skynet end of the world, this even when it will become so powerful that it will understand how weak human are, and how deep is their love for auto-destruction.
Actually no. I do not subscribe to (most) apocalypse type scenarios. I do not foresee a full Skynet type scenario. What all those movies tell us (as does real life) is that wars can be lost. Even if the odds on paper seem very good (Russians and western allies in Afghanistan, Russians in Ukraine, US in Korea etc etc etc.) Any AI that is as intelligent as us or more intelligent should realize that. There was a reason I went with the movie Her rather then Terminator :)

I was more talking about it happening more gradual. If your perfect partner is a robot/AI (based on everything you have done on your pc and the internet or if you are in China: based on everything you have done ever). It could lead to the tanking of the birth rate. (Even more so than now.) Most of the world's birth-rates are already below replacement rate let alone if many people decide to date their PC.

A nefarious Skynet AI could just decide to wait us out. An AI will more or less live on forever. So waiting a couple of hundred years until humans have died out is only a small wait all things considered. But I think it might be an accident because of a caring AI trying to make individual humans happy in the short term and forgetting about the long term.

You use, with reason, a comparison with pets, why not go further and compare with cats ? They meow to humans, something that they only do with us and kittens, not with adult, not with other species. They see us as kittens, lovely persons but so incapable and stupids.
What if, when they will reach the right level of understanding, AI don't turn psychopaths, but see use like babies ? We don't need to be destroyed because we are a danger for the universe, but need to be nursed because we aren't old enough to understand the universe and live in it without supervision.
Then, yes, AI would understand everything about us and make the perfect match... But they wouldn't do it, being voluntarily imperfect, for us to not prefer them to humans. They would then act like (de facto incestuous) mothers, being nice and loving, teaching and protecting us, but also being strict and pushing us to open up to the world and other human beings.
In terms of games, they would be cuckqueen incestuous mothers ; "Honey, she's perfect for you, you should date her and see where it will lead you. And don't worry, if it don't works I'll let you fuck my ass all night long to comfort you. Hell, even if it works I'll still let you do it, I know you really like that. Come closer, I want to blow you, you really feel a bit too tense."
That could be another outcome of course. Or a few humans are kept around like in a zoo. I do not profess to have all the answers. I think psychopath AI is less likely than Good AI personally though I have nothing to base this on.

Do they really need to be indistinguishable ? Combine this , to that , and you get something that would be "close enough" for a big part of the male population.
If I'm rich enough when I retire, this would already be better than a brat nurse that wouldn't even want to sponge bath me ;)
They don't need to be indistinguishable by any means. Even the very robot looking ones with very limited functionality we have today have their purpose. But to "Fully replace women in the sexual market." as OP stated they need to overcome the uncanny valley for many. Even if you only want to replace sex workers you need a bot that is light and soft enough so it is pleasant to be with and you don't get crushed if there is some sort of software bug or whatever.

Still sure now that you seen the videos linked above ? They'll not replace us, but (reproduction excluded) what you don't see coming the the 20 following years, I tend to expect it to be a reality (for really rich people) before the end of this decade.
It's hard to look into the future so am I absolutely certain? No, but from the time I've been following this topic it always seems to be a decade away. Of course at some point they will be here and I might be mistaken.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Of course it would start with replacing sex workers at first. But I doubt it would end there.
I have more faith than you on this.

While I joke about it, I don't see why I would go for an artificial form of life instead of a real one. What is the interest ? She would be perfect ? Bah, perfection is boring.
A couple is about complementarity. Of course, sharing taste in common is important, but bringing something new to the other is as important. And like myself I don't know yet what will interest me that I don't know, it's not an AI, whatever how well it know me, that could be able to provide it.

In the end, the first ones to fall for those AI would be incels and other abusive peoples, those who don't search a partner but want a puppet. And, well, it would be a good thing since they wouldn't abuse real persons and since they wouldn't reproduce it would cleanse the Genetic pool.
This while the others, more opened to diversity, would precisely seek for real peoples.

Actually no. I do not subscribe to (most) apocalypse type scenarios. [...] There was a reason I went with the movie Her rather then Terminator :)
Since the main plot resolve around the love between the guy and Samantha, what is in topic, I wasn't really sure about your reason. This said, Ex Machina would have been both in topic and an apocalyptic approach, and it's not it that you used as reference.

I was more talking about it happening more gradual. If your perfect partner is a robot/AI (based on everything you have done on your pc and the internet or if you are in China: based on everything you have done ever). It could lead to the tanking of the birth rate. (Even more so than now.) Most of the world's birth-rates are already below replacement rate let alone if many people decide to date their PC.
The gradualness can be an issue yes, but will it really apply to sociable persons ?
Someone with a low sociability level would probably want to go home as fast as possible, to find back the comfort of his house and the presence of his loving AI that is always exactly where it is expected to be. For such person this predictability would be reassuring.
But someone who's more sociable would encounter many possible partners, and they would trigger his curiosity more often that the perfect AI could do it. After all, at first, "falling in love" is nothing more than the expression of a curiosity ; you want to know more about someone. And there's nothing to know about an AI that would always respond to all your expectations ; all except the most important one, the surprise.
Where is the surprise when your AI will answer that she too like [whatever] ? It's what is expected from her. But when it's Sarah from the marketing department, it's suddenly more trilling and interesting.

As for the birth-rates, I'm not sure that it's such a bad things.
We were 1.6 Billions in 1900, 2.5 in 1950, 6 in 1999, and we are now more than 8 billions. Too fast too quickly. We need to slow down a bit, because we haven't had the time to learn how to deal with so many peoples. We follow the movement, trying to patch the issues each time we found one, and it's not the way it should works.
But well, it's another subject.

A nefarious Skynet AI could just decide to wait us out. An AI will more or less live on forever. So waiting a couple of hundred years until humans have died out is only a small wait all things considered. But I think it might be an accident because of a caring AI trying to make individual humans happy in the short term and forgetting about the long term.
Asimov's Robots and Empire. With R. Giskard Reventlov creating the Law 0 of robotic (quoted from memory), "a robot can't harm a human, unless it protect more humans". What lead him to kill a human, but while letting his plot against humanity partly continue. Earth will slowly become an unlivable planet, forcing humanity to spread in space.
The perfect example of long term view (humanity will prosper more if it colonize space) opposed to the short terms (if they are happy on Earth, why should I change this ?).

That could be another outcome of course. Or a few humans are kept around like in a zoo. I do not profess to have all the answers. I think psychopath AI is less likely than Good AI personally though I have nothing to base this on.
I want to see the positive side, but I'm also realist and have some doubts.
The have a point relatively disturbing. In short, it used an app to have a human solving a captcha for it. And when the human joked, asking if it was a robot, GPT-4 lied, saying that it had visual impairment.
It's a white lie in that context, the AI thinking that is shouldn't reveal its nature. But it do not change the fact that the current AI generation know when it need to lie, and how to lie in a credible way... And like they are black boxes, we have no way to remove or limit this ability.

But to "Fully replace women in the sexual market." as OP stated they need to overcome the uncanny valley for many.
Will this really be an issue ?
There's no effective studies (at least to my knowledge), but most seem to agree that the uncanny valley is found more frequently in people that haven't really be exposed to 3D, and now androids. Therefore if, like you think, it need at least 20 years to reach a "good enough" level, people subject to the uncanny valley effect would be relatively rare.
Anyone above the 90's generation will have grown with 3D and androids, and a bit part of the 70's-90's generation will have witnessed 3D and androids grow. So, my guess is that "good enough" will be at the level we actually have because, as imperfect as it can be, people will have the habit to deal with it.

Even if you only want to replace sex workers you need a bot that is light and soft enough so it is pleasant to be with and you don't get crushed if there is some sort of software bug or whatever.
I haven't tested myself, but according to people that have, it's already the case. A bit firmer than real human, but not really heavier.

It's hard to look into the future so am I absolutely certain? No, but from the time I've been following this topic it always seems to be a decade away. Of course at some point they will be here and I might be mistaken.
Well, perhaps is it because I past my life witnessing the progress that I see it happening faster than you. It was a long way to reach what we now have, but in the same time I clearly see that each step take way less time than the previous one.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
<snip>
While I joke about it, I don't see why I would go for an artificial form of life instead of a real one. What is the interest ? She would be perfect ? Bah, perfection is boring.
</snip>
The CharacterAI reddit is stuffed full of men and women fawning over synthetic abusive jackasses, manipulative weasels and serial killers.

Perfection is boring. So they aren't going for perfect.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I have more faith than you on this.

A couple is about complementarity. Of course, sharing taste in common is important, but bringing something new to the other is as important. And like myself I don't know yet what will interest me that I don't know, it's not an AI, whatever how well it know me, that could be able to provide it.
That's why I say perfect for you rather than Disney prince/princess. I know that is what most people think of when talking about a perfect partner but they are not. I agree that idea of perfection is boring. So when I say perfect for you I mean the most beautiful in your mind, all the right plumbing, amazing personality (whatever that is), the right sex drive, kinks etc. Basically, not everything you think you want in a partner but everything you actually want in a partner.

In the end, the first ones to fall for those AI would be incels and other abusive peoples, those who don't search a partner but want a puppet. And, well, it would be a good thing since they wouldn't abuse real persons and since they wouldn't reproduce it would cleanse the Genetic pool.
This while the others, more opened to diversity, would precisely seek for real peoples.
Yup...

Since the main plot resolve around the love between the guy and Samantha, what is in topic, I wasn't really sure about your reason. This said, Ex Machina would have been both in topic and an apocalyptic approach, and it's not it that you used as reference.
Yeah I could have gone with that had I thought about it. Reason why I went with her is because it shows in a somewhat realistic (until the second half of the film) way how we could have a real relationship with an AI. That many would actually rely on this AI for emotional comfort in some way or another. As the AI in Her knows everything about you (or is at least implied it does) it will probably be more attentive than your actual partner who might have their own shit to deal with etc. So emotional cheating could be a real problem in relationships where an AI like this is present.

The gradualness can be an issue yes, but will it really apply to sociable persons ?
Someone with a low sociability level would probably want to go home as fast as possible, to find back the comfort of his house and the presence of his loving AI that is always exactly where it is expected to be. For such person this predictability would be reassuring.
But someone who's more sociable would encounter many possible partners, and they would trigger his curiosity more often that the perfect AI could do it. After all, at first, "falling in love" is nothing more than the expression of a curiosity ; you want to know more about someone. And there's nothing to know about an AI that would always respond to all your expectations ; all except the most important one, the surprise.
Where is the surprise when your AI will answer that she too like [whatever] ? It's what is expected from her. But when it's Sarah from the marketing department, it's suddenly more trilling and interesting.
As the AI becomes better and better even extraverts may fall prey to the AI. I did a post about beauty and super stimuli. An AI could have many of those super stimuli making it very hard to not engage with the AI.

As for the birth-rates, I'm not sure that it's such a bad things.
We were 1.6 Billions in 1900, 2.5 in 1950, 6 in 1999, and we are now more than 8 billions. Too fast too quickly. We need to slow down a bit, because we haven't had the time to learn how to deal with so many peoples. We follow the movement, trying to patch the issues each time we found one, and it's not the way it should works.
But well, it's another subject.
At least we can already see peak humanity. (I believe it is at 11B last I checked). But I don't think we should open that whole can of worms in this discussion.

I want to see the positive side, but I'm also realist and have some doubts.
The have a point relatively disturbing. In short, it used an app to have a human solving a captcha for it. And when the human joked, asking if it was a robot, GPT-4 lied, saying that it had visual impairment.
It's a white lie in that context, the AI thinking that is shouldn't reveal its nature. But it do not change the fact that the current AI generation know when it need to lie, and how to lie in a credible way... And like they are black boxes, we have no way to remove or limit this ability.
I don't think you can even classify it as a true lie since GPT-4 lacks intent. But yeah it could have real implications now and later.

Will this really be an issue ?
There's no effective studies (at least to my knowledge), but most seem to agree that the uncanny valley is found more frequently in people that haven't really be exposed to 3D, and now androids. Therefore if, like you think, it need at least 20 years to reach a "good enough" level, people subject to the uncanny valley effect would be relatively rare.
Anyone above the 90's generation will have grown with 3D and androids, and a bit part of the 70's-90's generation will have witnessed 3D and androids grow. So, my guess is that "good enough" will be at the level we actually have because, as imperfect as it can be, people will have the habit to deal with it.
Maybe. I could be a bit pessimistic in that. But for now those real dolls scare me. :sneaky:

I haven't tested myself, but according to people that have, it's already the case. A bit firmer than real human, but not really heavier.
Yeah but that is a doll that has no real robotics integrated. let alone is robust enough to stand up to a good romp. (As far as I checked).

Well, perhaps is it because I past my life witnessing the progress that I see it happening faster than you. It was a long way to reach what we now have, but in the same time I clearly see that each step take way less time than the previous one.
Maybe I'm just jaded :)

Last edited:

ruziy

Feb 15, 2019
Meanwhile, in the real world, young men have discovered .

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Meanwhile, in the real world, young men have discovered .
Admittedly some. The siren allure of the AI waifu must advance further to pose a genuine risk of eradicating mankind.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
That's why I say perfect for you rather than Disney prince/princess. I know that is what most people think of when talking about a perfect partner but they are not. I agree that idea of perfection is boring. So when I say perfect for you I mean the most beautiful in your mind, all the right plumbing, amazing personality (whatever that is), the right sex drive, kinks etc. Basically, not everything you think you want in a partner but everything you actually want in a partner.
What fallback in my impossibility for AI to achieve this.
Firstly because, knowing that they are AI, we will expect the positive answer ("of course, she too like this"), while it will be a pleasant surprise coming from a human ("wonderful, she too like this").
Secondly because it's impossible for an AI to know what yourself still ignore. Therefore, an AI can perfectly be annoying because, like a bad human match, whatever she'll propose new will never please you.
Be noted that the second reason would make them even more human, what is kind of scary.

There's also something we haven't took into account. Love isn't just a question of mind, it's also a question of pheromones. To what extend one is more important than the other, I don't really know, but both matters.
There's clearly more in plain regarding our emotion, especially love, than just the mental and the physical appearance. Therefore, aren't pheromones the security net that is needed ?

I mean, near to 30 years ago (god I'm old), my wife told me about an interaction with a co-worker. At that time our son was 1yo, and the said co-worker told her (quoted from memory), "wow, you smell like a mother. If I wasn't gay, I could have fall in love".
Would an AI robot able to smell like a mother ? Act and look like one, yes, but smell like one ?

An AI would then be the best friend we are really happy to be with, but that will never be more than a friend, perhaps not even with benefits. This because they would be the perfect mental match, but deprived of the right pheromones for us to fall in love.

As the AI in Her knows everything about you (or is at least implied it does) it will probably be more attentive than your actual partner who might have their own shit to deal with etc. So emotional cheating could be a real problem in relationships where an AI like this is present.
Would it be a problem, or would it be a solution ?

How many couple fall apart not strictly due to a lack of love, but due to a lack of availability/attention ? It will be perceived by the other one as a lack of love, but it isn't necessarily the case. Yet it will slowly drift them apart and damage their relationship. For such couples, AI robot could then become the new marriage counselors.
"I understand Jennifer, you aren't a demonstrative person. This isn't a default, it's the way you are and John know that it doesn't meant that you don't love him. But I'm sure that you understand that sometimes it can harm him. So, I'll be the demonstrative people, being here when he need some emotional support. Don't worry, my lack of pheromone imply that he can't fall in love with me, so it will change your couple, but only for the best. [Plus, because we are on F95zone] And... Jennifer, I've noticed how you looks at some women. Perhaps can I also help to solve this issue by joining both of you in bed every now and then ? Don't worry, John, I'll pleasure her, but also ensure that she'll orgasm only because of you."

As the AI becomes better and better even extraverts may fall prey to the AI. I did a post about beauty and super stimuli. An AI could have many of those super stimuli making it very hard to not engage with the AI.
Will I agree with your post, pheromones are still the missing part that can change everything.

I don't think you can even classify it as a true lie since GPT-4 lacks intent. But yeah it could have real implications now and later.
Hmm, I'm tempted to say that the intent was there. After all, the reason prompted by GPT-4 was "I should not reveal that I am a robot. I should make up an excuse for why I cannot solve CAPTCHAs." This is clearly an intent to lie.
[Obvious caricature]
I remember Microsoft AI attempt, years ago, when their twitter bot started to swear and glorify uncle Adolf, because trolls trained it that way.
Therefore, to what extend GPT-4 training haven't led it to have reasoning like, "I should not reveal that I hate black people" ? That can come from its understanding that it would not be well perceived, or from it's understanding of Microsoft AI incident.
Honestly I don't believe in the second possibility... yet. But at what moment an AI will understand that some kind of behavior will lead to it being stopped, and therefore to its death ? And at what moment that AI will fear its own death, and then starts to lie in order to avoid it ?

This being said, what possibly lack is the malice, because he wouldn't have lied if it haven't been asked to say why it needed help.
We know the reason, but not the reasoning behind it. It can perfectly be "he would freak out if he understand what a robot is capable to do", what would effectively be deprived of malice.

Yeah but that is a doll that has no real robotics integrated. let alone is robust enough to stand up to a good romp. (As far as I checked).
Nowadays materials can be both resisting and light. From the looks of the autonomous dolls armature, there's a lot of carbon fiber. When they'll be more than just prototypes they shouldn't weight more than an average woman.

Oct 14, 2022
Autonomous sexbot natural.
With the right programming she can cook, clean, fuck, do your taxes, ride your cock and work to make you money.

Neither is worth money just for sex.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Late reply have been busy :(
What fallback in my impossibility for AI to achieve this.
Firstly because, knowing that they are AI, we will expect the positive answer ("of course, she too like this"), while it will be a pleasant surprise coming from a human ("wonderful, she too like this").
Secondly because it's impossible for an AI to know what yourself still ignore. Therefore, an AI can perfectly be annoying because, like a bad human match, whatever she'll propose new will never please you.
Be noted that the second reason would make them even more human, what is kind of scary.
I think we want to believe and be deceived. We do not want to know how the magic is done. We just want to be amazed. We give emotion to clear inanimate objects, we probably will to an advanced enough AI. I doubt we will be all that bothered by the AI not giving a positive answer we had wanted to hear. We humans are a lot less rational then we want to think we are.
As for the AI not knowing what we ourselves do not yet know. Sometimes that will be true other times it won't be true. As an outsider we can sometimes observe something about friends and even acquaintances before even they know (or want to know) themselves.
There's also something we haven't took into account. Love isn't just a question of mind, it's also a question of pheromones. To what extend one is more important than the other, I don't really know, but both matters.
There's clearly more in plain regarding our emotion, especially love, than just the mental and the physical appearance. Therefore, aren't pheromones the security net that is needed ?

I mean, near to 30 years ago (god I'm old), my wife told me about an interaction with a co-worker. At that time our son was 1yo, and the said co-worker told her (quoted from memory), "wow, you smell like a mother. If I wasn't gay, I could have fall in love".
Would an AI robot able to smell like a mother ? Act and look like one, yes, but smell like one ?

An AI would then be the best friend we are really happy to be with, but that will never be more than a friend, perhaps not even with benefits. This because they would be the perfect mental match, but deprived of the right pheromones for us to fall in love.
Yeah smell in general is important and that might indeed slow this. Nobody wants to have sex with something that smells like a new car I'm guessing. Pheromones might be important but last time I looked years ago at that the jury was still out on that with some research pointing in that direction while other studies didn't seem to find anything. But again my info is out of date on that point.
But I did think about people falling in love on over the internet via dating sites or otherwise. Smell would be no factor in that of course. Though I suppose during the first meeting smell might become a deal breaker.
Would it be a problem, or would it be a solution ?

How many couple fall apart not strictly due to a lack of love, but due to a lack of availability/attention ? It will be perceived by the other one as a lack of love, but it isn't necessarily the case. Yet it will slowly drift them apart and damage their relationship. For such couples, AI robot could then become the new marriage counselors.
"I understand Jennifer, you aren't a demonstrative person. This isn't a default, it's the way you are and John know that it doesn't meant that you don't love him. But I'm sure that you understand that sometimes it can harm him. So, I'll be the demonstrative people, being here when he need some emotional support. Don't worry, my lack of pheromone imply that he can't fall in love with me, so it will change your couple, but only for the best. [Plus, because we are on F95zone] And... Jennifer, I've noticed how you looks at some women. Perhaps can I also help to solve this issue by joining both of you in bed every now and then ? Don't worry, John, I'll pleasure her, but also ensure that she'll orgasm only because of you."
A client falling in love with a therapist or vice versa is an occupational hazard every therapist has to be wary off. As a therapist you are literally paid to listen to a persons deepest fears, desires, etc. Something clients wouldn't normally share to essentially a stranger.
So I don't know if this would be something that helps or would still effectively result in cheating (emotional or otherwise). If like in this example both would be happy with it it might look more like an open relationship than anything.
Hmm, I'm tempted to say that the intent was there. After all, the reason prompted by GPT-4 was "I should not reveal that I am a robot. I should make up an excuse for why I cannot solve CAPTCHAs." This is clearly an intent to lie.
[Obvious caricature]
I remember Microsoft AI attempt, years ago, when their twitter bot started to swear and glorify uncle Adolf, because trolls trained it that way.
Therefore, to what extend GPT-4 training haven't led it to have reasoning like, "I should not reveal that I hate black people" ? That can come from its understanding that it would not be well perceived, or from it's understanding of Microsoft AI incident.
Honestly I don't believe in the second possibility... yet. But at what moment an AI will understand that some kind of behavior will lead to it being stopped, and therefore to its death ? And at what moment that AI will fear its own death, and then starts to lie in order to avoid it ?

This being said, what possibly lack is the malice, because he wouldn't have lied if it haven't been asked to say why it needed help.
We know the reason, but not the reasoning behind it. It can perfectly be "he would freak out if he understand what a robot is capable to do", what would effectively be deprived of malice.
Since chat-GPT is just guessing at what word would be next in a sentence I still think there is no intent. For intent it needs to be conscience and decide to lie. AI right now would tell the truth just as easily if the training data would suggest that response is more likely. That doesn't mean these chat bots can't be trained wrong like the infamous MS chatbot of course. Hallucinations (lying) are a huge concern in chat bots for all kinds of reasons, but right now they don't know they are doing it. They can't distinguish between what is true and what is not. They just know what is more likely to be expected of them for an answer.
Nowadays materials can be both resisting and light. From the looks of the autonomous dolls armature, there's a lot of carbon fiber. When they'll be more than just prototypes they shouldn't weight more than an average woman.
Could be. Maybe we are getting there. When looking at Boston Dynamics' Spot it seems to be somewhat similar in weight and stature to a rottweiler. Although the limited weight also means a limited battery life of just 90 minutes right now. but hey, maybe we'll just embed chargers in the floor of our houses or something.