Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Yeah a pre alpha demo of an 0.0 version game that weights 84MB
I basically downloading it in hopes I can reach the part where I get to name the MC
It actually does a good job of showing you what the plan is and introducing a lot of female characters and locations. Very impressed for a basic early layout, and very fair of the dev to label it as just a demo. I think it gives the player a great idea of whether they want to follow the project or not, without putting a lot of time into it. For me, I'm hugely interested.

Reactions: Anon4990

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
According to a review on Biome, dev planned to redo that one in Unity, but both reviews basically said it's too grindy, not enough content, and too many bugs. At this point considering they're starting a new game, it kinda sounds like that one is headed for the dumpster or at least taking a backseat, and this one would become their main project.

Reactions: ubblesnop

Guardra

May 29, 2018
hunger + hygene + sleep + style + strength + humour + speed + endurance + charisma + wit + karma + charity + money

WTF thats too much grind to get an MC laid....i mean if i wanted to do grind work i would just play World of Warcraft
with all that theres gonna be a need for a cheat mod to make this somewhat playable. And that sucks cuz i read the summary and was looking forward to trying it

Spoil

Sep 30, 2019
The pre-alpha version of The Hard Way was never intended to be publicly released. It was only released to show our patrons what we were working on.

Biome has been abandoned and will be replaced with The Long Way, in about 2 months time.

All stats in The Hard Way are capped at 100; and in a game spanning half a century, you won't need to specifically work on them. The stats are not intended to be grindy at all. Almost all stats and skills will be gained through events. In the alpha version, karma will have a fun reset at the gym wellness center.

When it comes to the girls, though all of them can be pursued, there is only 1 that you will be forced to include in your harem - needed for the storyline of The Long Way. The others may be included or excluded at your own discretion.

The alpha version of The Hard Way, (about 2 weeks from Patreon release) will have about 50 characters and over 50 locations. It will include the initial investigation system and at least 1 sex scene for the MC. It will also include the first age adjustment.

Unfortunately, there are some people who just can't wait for us to release the free versions of games and take it upon themselves to release them for us. The version on this thread, for instance, was not uploaded by our team.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
The pre-alpha version of The Hard Way was never intended to be publicly released. It was only released to show our patrons what we were working on.

Biome has been abandoned and will be replaced with The Long Way, in about 2 months time.

All stats in The Hard Way are capped at 100; and in a game spanning half a century, you won't need to specifically work on them. The stats are not intended to be grindy at all. Almost all stats and skills will be gained through events. In the alpha version, karma will have a fun reset at the gym wellness center.

When it comes to the girls, though all of them can be pursued, there is only 1 that you will be forced to include in your harem - needed for the storyline of The Long Way. The others may be included or excluded at your own discretion.

The alpha version of The Hard Way, (about 2 weeks from Patreon release) will have about 50 characters and over 50 locations. It will include the initial investigation system and at least 1 sex scene for the MC. It will also include the first age adjustment.

Unfortunately, there are some people who just can't wait for us to release the free versions of games and take it upon themselves to release them for us. The version on this thread, for instance, was not uploaded by our team.
Its awesome, regardless! Keep up the terrific work and I can't wait to see what's coming.

cyborgturtle

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2018
tempted to try because the tits on the cow girl on the right (plus the ass on the goblin girl?) but guessing neither are in the game yet lmao

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
tempted to try because the tits on the cow girl on the right (plus the ass on the goblin girl?) but guessing neither are in the game yet lmao
No not yet. And there aren't any sex scenes yet regardless. Its an introduction to what it will become.

Spoil

Sep 30, 2019
Demo version released today to patrons. Click on cheats button on the phone settings and type 'incest' to enable the true story.

Reactions: Kingvlad

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
Another "We have over 30 characters that will never get the time to be fleshed out or finished routes"
And if they abandoned a project to do this they're likely to do it with this.
My rule with all of these games is wait and see if they make it to 0.07, or 7 months of "development" (aka posing daz models with a half assed story) because so many of these things are abandoned within or at that amount time and with SO MANY characters, the dev will get overwhelmed more than likely.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
The Hard Way = The Never Ending Story

imo waaaaay to ambitious ... over 50 chars and an huge amount of locations ... massive stats to grind ... carefully estimation with monthly (?) updates and covering 2-3 chars each update I would say 2 years at minimum ... IF he doesnt abandon it half way trough ... didnt even finished his first game with less chars and locations and longer than monthly updates ...

But I like to be surprised ... Let's see how long his breath lasts ;)

MagusXxX

Sep 27, 2020
this game is in v0.o so tests still, should release Cheat for everyone to give feedback on the gameplay because playing normal and a lot to worry about. Release cheat Code or console

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
My version of the MC works as a handyman at the high school but doesn't seem to earn money. Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks.

2.90 star(s) 147 Votes