Jul 24, 2017
Quick recommendation: Scenes should default to manual, not automatic. If you really, really want it to default to automatic, then at least add an option in the preferences menu to change between the two. It's especially intrusive in scenes with dialogue.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I think the concern here is that the spanking is on auto mode, and you need to uncheck it to do manual spanking...(the "A" with a circle around it). I am not supporting the concern, only (hopefully) clarifying it. I am actually happy its on auto, as it keeps my hands free :)
Ah, it's the spanking animation itself we're talking, that makes sense. And yes, manual as a default seems more logical now that I first think about it though there are arguments for both. So a preference wouldn't hurt, no idea how much work it would be to implement though.

Jul 24, 2017
I think the concern here is that the spanking is on auto mode, and you need to uncheck it to do manual spanking...(the "A" with a circle around it). I am not supporting the concern, only (hopefully) clarifying it. I am actually happy its on auto, as it keeps my hands free :)
Yes, this. I'm in the other camp both out of annoyance and as a general rule of giving the player complete control. Your point is important too, though, and something I didn't take into consideration. ;) I'll admit I didn't find this one very titillating and so that wasn't a concern. Regardless, I think an option in the preferences is the best solution.

Reactions: T_Abraxas

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yes, this. I'm in the other camp both out of annoyance and as a general rule of giving the player complete control. Your point is important too, though, and something I didn't take into consideration. ;) I'll admit I didn't find this one very titillating and so that wasn't a concern. Regardless, I think an option in the preferences is the best solution.
I had just assumed that it remembered what I had chosen last time. Though, it is not as if I have done extensive testing. lol

Reactions: notme222

T_Abraxas

Jun 26, 2020
Yeah I also immediately look to find a way to make it manual. Watching an animation is substantially inferior to being able to control what's happening.

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
3 Year Anniversary – Congratulations!

It was exactly 3 years ago today that Altos and Herdone submitted version 0.1 of the Headmaster to this site. It was fairly small – more of an preview than an actual game, but it promised a lot. Three years later, version 0.12 is about to be released, and that first release has turned into one of the best games on this site.

So congratulations on the first 3 years… and I’m looking forward to what the next three years brings!
And to celebrate, here’s another preview picture and the latest development update.

v12 Preview_60.jpg

Development Update - Version 0.12 Entering the Final Stages
Posted Dec 22, 2021

Hey guys,

We are in the final straight now for the next version, with about five weeks or so left until the provisional release date, so I'm sure you are wondering how I'm getting along.

The update's main storyline for Priti is mostly finished, I've got bits and pieces left to do, including the quest log and several animations. Given Priti's very high popularity in the polls, I had to give her a big storyline and of course the option for some romance. Priti's story branches early depending on whether you encouraged her to be naughty so you could spank her. However, it's possible to get the 'best' ending for Priti whichever route you take. Priti’s original storyline from way back in version 0.3 had one of the games’ darker moments where we had the option to force Priti to undress. The new content on the other hand is generally much more positive and upbeat with plenty of humour. The focus is on helping Priti become more confident and less ashamed of her natural desires. The new punishment system animations are also looking great and the red butt effect is working as intended, although I still need to tweak a few things.

Priti's content ended up being a lot longer and more complicated than I initially estimated. There were also a couple of side story's which tied into Priti's (for Charlotte and Harriet), which I either had to make now or abandon. Including a new maid themed storyline which I wrote following a poll where "Lucy the maid" was in the majority of people's top three favourite scenes. Although, apart from the maid uniform, the two storylines could be much different, with the new maid being for the other students rather than the headmaster.

Unfortunately, with the complexity of Priti's storyline, I'm way behind on the other parts of the update which I hoped to include. Based on the poll we had a few months ago, it was decided to prioritise opening the girl’s locker room, continuing with Rachel's storyline and the after school BDSM classes (for staff and Prefects). Originally I planned to give myself six weeks to work on these side stories. However, I still need another couple of weeks to finish Priti's storyline. Meaning my time for side story's has dropped to only a few weeks. I can get a lot done in a few weeks though, especially when everything is already written and planned out. I'll definitely have the opening of the girl's locker room. However, the second and third place poll winners (Sex with Rachel and BDSM class) might get pushed back, either to a small follow up update or a fast turnaround version 0.13. We’ll see how things go between now and the end of January. I'll be working all the hours between now and then (except Christmas day and new years day). So hopefully I can catch up. At the moment the update is lacking any penetration (although there is plenty of other stuff), so it might be that I need to prioritise Rachel's content over some of the things I had planned for the girl’s locker room. I’m very keen not to push the release date back any further, but I also can’t rule that out entirely at this point.

Regardless of whether I managed to include everything I initially hoped for, it's still going to be a big update. Just how big? Well, I used to give an estimate of the update size based on the number of renders, so our previous biggest update was version 0.9 with around 50,000 words, 1500 renders and 20 videos. Whereas version 0.12 should contain around 60,000 words, 1300 renders and about 200 videos. So version 0.9 had more renders but a lot fewer videos. However, that render count for version 0.9 also included frames of my old stop motions animations. If I counted the frames in my video animations the way I did with my old stop motion ones (with an average of 60 frames per video with about 200 video files) then I would say that version 0.12 actually has over 12,000 images. So without a doubt, version 0.12 is our biggest update so far in purely numerical terms. Obviously, that old way of describing update size is no longer fit for purpose though. Instead, I’ll just say around 1300 images and 200 videos and I’ll use that way of estimating update size going forward. Now, these numbers, whilst hugely significant to me, don’t really mean very much to the player. What’s more important is playtime and that’s a lot more difficult to estimate. I’d like to think there will be at least three to four hours worth of playtime, although that will really be down to the individual player.

I've mostly been making animations these last few weeks so I don't have many new image previews at the moment. However, I'll probably release one final batch of preview images in the new year.

Altos

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

It was exactly 3 years ago today that Altos and Herdone submitted version 0.1 of the Headmaster to this site. It was fairly small – more of an preview than an actual game, but it promised a lot. Three years later, version 0.12 is about to be released, and that first release has turned into one of the best games on this site.

So congratulations on the first 3 years… and I’m looking forward to what the next three years brings!
And to celebrate, here’s another preview picture and the latest development update.

View attachment 1581584

Posted Dec 22, 2021

Hey guys,

We are in the final straight now for the next version, with about five weeks or so left until the provisional release date, so I'm sure you are wondering how I'm getting along.

The update's main storyline for Priti is mostly finished, I've got bits and pieces left to do, including the quest log and several animations. Given Priti's very high popularity in the polls, I had to give her a big storyline and of course the option for some romance. Priti's story branches early depending on whether you encouraged her to be naughty so you could spank her. However, it's possible to get the 'best' ending for Priti whichever route you take. Priti’s original storyline from way back in version 0.3 had one of the games’ darker moments where we had the option to force Priti to undress. The new content on the other hand is generally much more positive and upbeat with plenty of humour. The focus is on helping Priti become more confident and less ashamed of her natural desires. The new punishment system animations are also looking great and the red butt effect is working as intended, although I still need to tweak a few things.

Priti's content ended up being a lot longer and more complicated than I initially estimated. There were also a couple of side story's which tied into Priti's (for Charlotte and Harriet), which I either had to make now or abandon. Including a new maid themed storyline which I wrote following a poll where "Lucy the maid" was in the majority of people's top three favourite scenes. Although, apart from the maid uniform, the two storylines could be much different, with the new maid being for the other students rather than the headmaster.

Unfortunately, with the complexity of Priti's storyline, I'm way behind on the other parts of the update which I hoped to include. Based on the poll we had a few months ago, it was decided to prioritise opening the girl’s locker room, continuing with Rachel's storyline and the after school BDSM classes (for staff and Prefects). Originally I planned to give myself six weeks to work on these side stories. However, I still need another couple of weeks to finish Priti's storyline. Meaning my time for side story's has dropped to only a few weeks. I can get a lot done in a few weeks though, especially when everything is already written and planned out. I'll definitely have the opening of the girl's locker room. However, the second and third place poll winners (Sex with Rachel and BDSM class) might get pushed back, either to a small follow up update or a fast turnaround version 0.13. We’ll see how things go between now and the end of January. I'll be working all the hours between now and then (except Christmas day and new years day). So hopefully I can catch up. At the moment the update is lacking any penetration (although there is plenty of other stuff), so it might be that I need to prioritise Rachel's content over some of the things I had planned for the girl’s locker room. I’m very keen not to push the release date back any further, but I also can’t rule that out entirely at this point.

Regardless of whether I managed to include everything I initially hoped for, it's still going to be a big update. Just how big? Well, I used to give an estimate of the update size based on the number of renders, so our previous biggest update was version 0.9 with around 50,000 words, 1500 renders and 20 videos. Whereas version 0.12 should contain around 60,000 words, 1300 renders and about 200 videos. So version 0.9 had more renders but a lot fewer videos. However, that render count for version 0.9 also included frames of my old stop motions animations. If I counted the frames in my video animations the way I did with my old stop motion ones (with an average of 60 frames per video with about 200 video files) then I would say that version 0.12 actually has over 12,000 images. So without a doubt, version 0.12 is our biggest update so far in purely numerical terms. Obviously, that old way of describing update size is no longer fit for purpose though. Instead, I’ll just say around 1300 images and 200 videos and I’ll use that way of estimating update size going forward. Now, these numbers, whilst hugely significant to me, don’t really mean very much to the player. What’s more important is playtime and that’s a lot more difficult to estimate. I’d like to think there will be at least three to four hours worth of playtime, although that will really be down to the individual player.

I've mostly been making animations these last few weeks so I don't have many new image previews at the moment. However, I'll probably release one final batch of preview images in the new year.

Altos
I do have to wonder, other than Liz, why only half of them are naked, and can't wait to find out.

Personally, I hope they take the time to get it all done.

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021

View attachment 1581584

Posted Dec 22, 2021
Note the seating choices of each of the girls. This is an example of how EVERYTHING in Altos's game has been carefully thought through.

Liz, being the exhibitionist, has chosen the front seat in the middle -- so everyone can see her.

Charlotte, being a natural leader, has chosen a front seat by the entry door. And April, who wants to replace Charlotte as the leader of the girls, is sitting beside her, also in the front.

Lucy and Priti are in the front row, too. They are the best students, and they want to have a good view of the board. But they aren't as aggressive as Charlotte and April, so they're not sitting next to the entry door. They had the last pickings among the front seats.

Then in the second row, you have Cassandra, hidden by the wall. She doesn't want the teacher to notice her much. Debbie, her friend, is beside her.

Then Amy, also liking lots of attention, is in the middle of the second row, just behind the even more exhibitionistic, Liz.

Then Donna has a seat near the front, in accordance with her place in society.

Faye is sitting behind Priti. Faye knows who the best student is, and she knows she needs the help.

Then third row ... the twins, not the best students, aren't sitting together. They see enough of themselves outside of class.

Alice, completely uninterested in school, is also in the third row.

Then Rachel . . . not a good student, and always sleeping.

Nina is behind Faye. They are friends.

Then fourth row.

Shy Emily is in the back.

Maxine is in the back, but in the middle. She is the reformist rebel who wants to be the leader. So, she has the central position in the back rank.

Harriet thinks she already knows what she needs to know about business, so there she is, in the back row, uninterested.

Then Ada is the new girl, so back row, farthest from the entry.

All of these seating positions have been THOUGHT THROUGH. You see these kinds of patterns throughout the game, such as where the girls are seated on the beach, and where they are seated during movie night in the dormitory lounge.

Details such as this build character and consistency . . . and this detail is one of the chief delights for me in playing this masterful game.

So . . . here's to Altos! Yes, Altos, there are people out there who see these details and appreciate the thought that has gone into them.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Note the seating choices of each of the girls. This is an example of how EVERYTHING in Altos's game has been carefully thought through.

Liz, being the exhibitionist, has chosen the front seat in the middle -- so everyone can see her.

Charlotte, being a natural leader, has chosen a front seat by the entry door. And April, who wants to replace Charlotte as the leader of the girls, is sitting beside her, also in the front.

Lucy and Priti are in the front row, too. They are the best students, and they want to have a good view of the board. But they aren't as aggressive as Charlotte and April, so they're not sitting next to the entry door. They had the last pickings among the front seats.

Then in the second row, you have Cassandra, hidden by the wall. She doesn't want the teacher to notice her much. Debbie, her friend, is beside her.

Then Amy, also liking lots of attention, is in the middle of the second row, just behind the even more exhibitionistic, Liz.

Then Donna has a seat near the front, in accordance with her place in society.

Faye is sitting behind Priti. Faye knows who the best student is, and she knows she needs the help.

Then third row ... the twins, not the best students, aren't sitting together. They see enough of themselves outside of class.

Alice, completely uninterested in school, is also in the third row.

Then Rachel . . . not a good student, and always sleeping.

Nina is behind Faye. They are friends.

Then fourth row.

Shy Emily is in the back.

Maxine is in the back, but in the middle. She is the reformist rebel who wants to be the leader. So, she has the central position in the back rank.

Harriet thinks she already knows what she needs to know about business, so there she is, in the back row, uninterested.

Then Ada is the new girl, so back row, farthest from the entry.

All of these seating positions have been THOUGHT THROUGH. You see these kinds of patterns throughout the game, such as where the girls are seated on the beach, and where they are seated during movie night in the dormitory lounge.

Details such as this build character and consistency . . . and this detail is one of the chief delights for me in playing this masterful game.

So . . . here's to Altos! Yes, Altos, there are people out there who see these details and appreciate the thought that has gone into them.
Alice should be near the front so we can keep an eye on her.
And the twins are also apart so they can't pull pranks as easily. XD

Reactions: oceanbobo4
4.50 star(s) 251 Votes