ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Has any of the developers said if Sarah from the intro going to reappear on future updates?
I have no information one way or the other on this but my thinking is that if she does appear at the school as opposed to in the headmasters dreams then it would just be a quick pop in/out visit as within the narrative of the story she will be studying at university, if my recollection of story events is correct and as such it wouldn't make any, in story, logical sense for her to appear at the campus as a permanent character.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I have no information one way or the other on this but my thinking is that if she does appear at the school as opposed to in the headmasters dreams then it would just be a quick pop in/out visit as within the narrative of the story she will be studying at university, if my recollection of story events is correct and as such it wouldn't make any, in story, logical sense for her to appear at the campus as a permanent character.
She might be an intern of sorts for whatever chosen profession, but yeah, kinda soon.

Also, I personally do think, we already have a good selection of characters, no real need to expand, even if it is an already introduced one, but that ofc is for Altos to decide.

Jun 13, 2022
She might be an intern of sorts for whatever chosen profession, but yeah, kinda soon.

Also, I personally do think, we already have a good selection of characters, no real need to expand, even if it is an already introduced one, but that ofc is for Altos to decide.
I think she will first end her studies with a phsychology master degree and will return only as the school counsellor in 2030 with update version 0.28.0 or around 0.36.2.1:unsure::p:D:giggle:
Or if erlier, as the headmasters dean. (somewhere in the intro she mentoined to follow our headmasters way)(y)

• Haha
Reactions: Ale3 and hampsure

HaPPeQ

Aug 20, 2019
Can someone please upload 100% save game? mine got corrupted :/ I thought that transfering save from android to pc would work but It didnt

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
I think she will first end her studies with a phsychology master degree and will return only as the school counsellor in 2030 with update version 0.28.0 or around 0.36.2.1:unsure::p:D:giggle:
Or if erlier, as the headmasters dean. (somewhere in the intro she mentoined to follow our headmasters way)(y)
Wouldn't this hit against the problem so many titles have here of things happening in a very, perhaps excessively quick, period of storytime because it has taken years of development time to get there. For example given events within this game, by my reading of what has been released so far it is still certainly within the first year of what I'll refer to as 'storytime', possibly even within the first six months even though it has taken what, four years or so to get to this point with content (I don't actually know, if someone could correct this if it is erroneous). In essence Sarah would currently be six months to a year into a degree course that would usually last at least three years so it may not be reasonable to expect her to turn up for a long period of time. Though I will admit I have no idea how teacher training works with the balance of degree level education, intern placements and on the job training and instruction.

Then again what the hell does logic have to do with this, or any other title here.:ROFLMAO:

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
Sarah would currently be six months to a year into a degree course that would usually last at least three years so it may not be reasonable to expect her to turn up for a long period of time. Though I will admit I have no idea how teacher training works with the balance of degree level education, intern placements and on the job training and instruction.

Then again what the hell does logic have to do with this, or any other title here.:ROFLMAO:
Sarah has backslid (pun) . . . and dropped out. Must return for a semester of remedial education.

There you go.

• Love
Reactions: hampsure

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Haha, true. One of the teacher's previous experience was being a stripper... don't think this school is too tight with qualifications (or at least they have their own set). :LOL: I've had friends that have been interns or TAs at schools with pretty light qualifications from what I recall so not sure there's standards or if it varies by place, institution, etc.

Ah, but wouldn't that prove that the methods of the Headmaster have no long term efficacy. That would be a blow to his attempts for them to gain wider acceptance and use.
Good point and something he'd struggle with... perhaps he'd have to "refine" his methods even more starting with analyzing his failure and figuring out what went wrong and how to prevent it while resolving her case. :unsure:

Reactions: Ale3

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well, the idea that was floating around back then, was that she might show up ...pregnant. Only way to get someone pregnant, have them show, and not have it be someone else's kid.

Reactions: oceanbobo4

CuteLilNori

Sep 10, 2022
Just wondering if there's anyone else coming to see the whole "class punishments" first using unlock-all-events cheat menu as soon as the update comes :whistle::coffee:

raven54

Sep 12, 2022
Been hearing that for months now, I hope it does, and then back to regular updates, it would be a pity if this game is abandoned.
This game seems dead
I've already put 5 abandoned tag fetishists/white knights on ignore today.
I have no idea why people are so eager to declare games to be dead and abandoned. Happens all the time for no reason whatsoever. Worst I have seen is a free open source game, which had an active forum, posts with screenshots of new features like every second week, public facing github hosted source code, which was updated multiple times each day and a very much alive discord server. After releasing a new version, the thread announcing the release was met with talk about development being dead, or maybe not as dead as expected since there was a release.

People should really bother to invest at least a few minutes to figure out when the last indication of activity took place before announcing something to be dead. It's actually insulting to the people working hard to tell them that they aren't doing anything at all. Sure sometimes releases can be overdue, but at long as there is announcements and screenshots once in a while, it makes no sense to declare something to be dead. Overdue releases usually have a pretty good reason for being overdue. It can be hospital, shark attack (yes some software library stopped releasing for BeOS like 20 years ago because the guy who was supposed to do that was attacked by a shark while surfing in Australia), but other reasons can be that the release was just not ready in time. Sometimes it makes no sense to release before reaching some milestone or fixing a bug regardless of how long it takes to finish. There is a commercial visual novel, which cancelled the release just days before the announced release date. They never said what precisely was wrong, but when they released a month later, they announced the bug was found after producing the discs so everybody had to download an update. They hinted at the unpatched version could corrupt savegames and that the patch would fix it, but the fix wasn't savegame compatible with the unpatched disc version. In other words a perfectly valid reason for not releasing as planned and completely unrelated to development stalling/dying.

Now we get to relax for a little while longer until we get the release and while doing so we will get more entertainment from death announcements from people not reading the thread prior to posting.

Hertopaly

Donor
Sep 25, 2017
I have no idea why people are so eager to declare games to be dead and abandoned. Happens all the time for no reason whatsoever. Worst I have seen is a free open source game, which had an active forum, posts with screenshots of new features like every second week, public facing github hosted source code, which was updated multiple times each day and a very much alive discord server. After releasing a new version, the thread announcing the release was met with talk about development being dead, or maybe not as dead as expected since there was a release.

People should really bother to invest at least a few minutes to figure out when the last indication of activity took place before announcing something to be dead. It's actually insulting to the people working hard to tell them that they aren't doing anything at all. Sure sometimes releases can be overdue, but at long as there is announcements and screenshots once in a while, it makes no sense to declare something to be dead. Overdue releases usually have a pretty good reason for being overdue. It can be hospital, shark attack (yes some software library stopped releasing for BeOS like 20 years ago because the guy who was supposed to do that was attacked by a shark while surfing in Australia), but other reasons can be that the release was just not ready in time. Sometimes it makes no sense to release before reaching some milestone or fixing a bug regardless of how long it takes to finish. There is a commercial visual novel, which cancelled the release just days before the announced release date. They never said what precisely was wrong, but when they released a month later, they announced the bug was found after producing the discs so everybody had to download an update. They hinted at the unpatched version could corrupt savegames and that the patch would fix it, but the fix wasn't savegame compatible with the unpatched disc version. In other words a perfectly valid reason for not releasing as planned and completely unrelated to development stalling/dying.

Now we get to relax for a little while longer until we get the release and while doing so we will get more entertainment from death announcements from people not reading the thread prior to posting.
I'd assume it's mostly just idiots thinking it'll make the devs hurry or something.

Reactions: TheDevian

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

I'd assume it's mostly just idiots thinking it'll make the devs hurry or something.
Yes, some may be trying to shame the developer into rushing their project (something I would not be in favor of).

I suspect some instances may be a form of Schadenfreude. They see successful, well regarded developer (I don't see this as often with unpopular games), seems to slip by having a long development cycle. They take great glee in declaring the project dead and dancing on it's supposed corpse. "How the mighty have fallen, ha ha!"

In general, it is easier to badmouth a successful creator than create something better.

raven54

Sep 12, 2022
The thing is, it's the opposite. It create time pressure, which can push people to work too fast, which is when mistakes happen. Mistakes means something has to be corrected and then making and fixing it will combined take longer than just doing it right the first time.

I suspect some instances may be a form of Schadenfreude. They see successful, well regarded developer (I don't see this as often with unpopular games), seems to slip by having a long development cycle. They take great glee in declaring the project dead and dancing on it's supposed corpse. "How the mighty have fallen, ha ha!"
Jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins. It is indeed something, which is very destructive.

I think you are on to something. It's like when kids build sand castles at the beach. If some kid can't figure out how to do it, he can always jump on the castles made by other kids because if he doesn't have one, then nobody should have one. It's less obvious when it comes to adults, but I have seen this kind of thinking a lot. Wouldn't surprise me that this is yet another example of this.

It is important for developers to learn how to ignore such idiots. Never cave in to the internet trolls.

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes