3.90 star(s) 20 Votes

Devious

Jul 20, 2017
Can someone post the The Future of The Hunter post ?
Below is what that post says.
Ark Thompson said:
The Future of The Hunter #1
Hello everyone o/
I hope you like reading cause I've planned a little series of posts to talk about the future of The Hunter (Duh!)
I could've mentioned everything in a single post but considering my bad habit of writing long stuff, I decided to split things into different posts to make it easier to read (for those interested).
As I'm slowly getting close to v0.2, I've been thinking more and more about the game itself rather than "what to add in the next update". To tell you the truth, while I know what I'll add in v0.195 and 0.2, I haven't thought about what I was going to add in following updates. Instead, I'm focusing on "What to do with what I currently have?"
The main problem of The Hunter is that unlike SoV2 that was bound to be a big game from the beginning and got the attention it needed right from the start, it's not the case of The Hunter. If you're new to my Patreon, you should know that when I started The Hunter, it was supposed to fill gaps to have something to give you when I couldn't deliver an SoV2 update. As such, the first two updates of The Hunter (v0.001 and v0.002) were small as fuck. With those two versions, you could only reach Jeanette's library unlocking and that's all. With time things got bigger and bigger and now I'm rendering between 40 and 150 pics per update. That's rather insane. It means that posing takes almost as much room as RPG Maker-ing ^^'
Through all the updates between 0.1 and 0.2 I've added a shitload of things I had never planned to add in the first place: the world map with the motorbike, the show system, the clothing sewing shop, the items scavenging... Even the Free Folks act was something I didn't think I'd add (I knew I'd add some story at some point but I didn't think I'd make it a 4-update-long story.) Anyway, that is to say, that things have been going to bit wild and I need to take some time to "lock" all that content.
By locking I mean "make sure that all the content prior to v0.2 is nicely integrated and I won't have to go back to it ever again in the future " (except for bug correction 8D). That's why I added the fetish selector and the gallery in the last update, and why we're still working on improving things to give the game a real soul. I know most of you already find the game has a soul (it has), but you know me, the more I stray away from the basic look of RPG Maker, the better I feel x) That's why Hime is currently working on making the menu looking much better than the basic menu we've added until now.
I want you guys to be prepared: post-v0.2 will be a major turn in The Hunter. That's more or less the reason I'm writing those posts ^^' Even though I don't know what I'll do content-wise I know what I want to do setting-wise.
I will write two more posts about this. One will be heavily focused on the technical side (3D models and stuff), because I think it's important you understand the process behind my decisions. The other one will be more oriented towards game design choices and their impact on the future of the game.
I'll see you guys early next week for the first of those two posts (which will probably be the longest of all ^^')
See ya o/

Devious

Jul 20, 2017
Thanks Devious !
Could you post the other two parts as well (and the poll), please?
Yep, here they are.
Ark Thompson said:
The future of The Hunter #2

Hello everyone,
I must admit that when I had planned writing those 3 posts about The Hunter, I was far from suspecting what just happened to me would happen. It won't change everything about what I was supposed to write, but it sure killed a part of my motivation on a point. But I have to explain things thoroughly if I want you to understand fully what I just came through.
I) Explaining how Daz and 3D models work
I told you this post would be long but you have to have all the keys in hands to understand things completely. If you enjoy western 3D adult games, you probably know or at least guessed that most devs use the same 3D models. That's because everyone uses content coming from Daz Studio. Daz Studio works on a very original marketing way. The 3D soft itself (Daz Studio) is free for everyone. However, if you want content for it, you need to pay said content. That's why Daz has a store on which they propose both their own 3D models (which are the bases from which all other models are created) and many other 3D elements proposed either by Daz or by merchants that are allowed to sell their stuff on Daz's market. While there IS another soft game makers can use for their game (called Poser), I'll only talk about Daz here because that's what I use. If you're really eager to know, Poser is technically more complete (and complex) than Daz Studio but it's paying.
Anyway, Daz basically does the extreme opposite of what does a professional soft like 3DS Max: If you want to use 3DS Max, a license cost A LOT of money, but once you get one, you can create EVERYTHING you want (depending on your skill of course). And that's the keyword here: skill. I did 3D modeling for 3 years and I can tell you that I suck major balls at it. That's why Daz's content is an El Dorado for people like me, unable to CREATE 3D models. Because that's the main difference between Daz and most 3D soft: You cannot model in Daz. Daz is a software for posing and rendering (and animating but that's not really their focus). You buy a figure, you buy clothes, you buy a background and you mix that to get your picture. It means something simple: If I want to make a spike on Kaya's back (which is something even bad 3D modelers can do ;) I can't. At least not on my own by modeling her model. My best chance would be to find someone selling an item allowing me to create a spike on her back. Remember this cause it'll be very important for the rest of the story.
Daz models are based on Generations. What does it mean? It means that every couple of year, the developers of Daz create a base figure that serves as a sort of "blueprint" for all other 3D models of that generation. The main female model that always open a new generation is called "Victoria". There's always a number attached to her to know which generation you're talking about. Currently, the last model is Victoria 8. Because we are at the 8th generation of 3D models. Every time a new generation appears, it has improvements over the previous one. Even if it's not EXACTLY the case you can consider that a new generation appears every two years (this year should've seen the arrival of Victoria 9 but the devs stated themselves they wanted to pause the release of new 3D models to focus on adding more elements to the soft itself). The improvements between generations aren't always visible in renders. Sometimes, the improvement is more on the creator side with easier tools to work on their models. But those improvements are actually the reason for this whole post.
II) The Genesis case
After Victoria 4 (which was the generation that lasted the long (between 2006 and 2011), the guys from Daz created a model that was unisex. With only morph dialing (morphs are body modifications you can implement to change the look of a body part) you could create a male, a female or a child without having to buy 3 different models. That revolution led the devs to change the name of that base model into "Genesis". Of course, Victoria 5 exists and was released at the same time as the Genesis model. But since it was a unisex model, you couldn't call it Victoria 5. That's why they changed the name. From here on, for some reason, they thought the name "Genesis" was amazing and they kept it for the next updates. The trick is: Starting the generation right after (Victoria 6), the models were now back to being divided into male models and female models. So you couldn't call them Genesis only. That's where things start to be a bit messy in terms of naming. The 6th generation is called respectively "Genesis 2 Female" for female characters and "Genesis 2 Male" for male characters. They're often shortened into G2F and G3F. As always, a Victoria 6 is in the batch as the first model. Two years later came the 7th generation which was called Genesis 3 Female/Male. And to stop the confusion, the dev aligned the number for the current generation: Victoria 8 = Genesis 8 Female/Male Generation. So yeah, there's a stupid gap of 5 numbers between Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 but at least now, things are clear. Why did you need to know all that shit about Genesis? Because that's exactly around where I fell in the 3D world.
III) My arrival in the 3D world and its consequences on The Hunter
There's something you need to understand about me: I didn't start being interested in toying with Daz when I started working on The Hunter. It's actually the other way around. When I was still working on Slice of Venture (the 1st one) I discovered Daz. Back then it was 2014. The new thing was Genesis 2. I started buying a few things, and then it became a real money sinker. Back then I bought between $100 and $300 worth of content every month. I bought Genesis 2 stuff, but also Genesis (since many things were compatible between those two models.) And it lasted for quite some time. To give you an idea, I was the owner of a Daz Exclusive 3D printed Figure they sent me for free when they created their 3D-printing shop. That figure was sent to the 500 best customers of the site (I say "was" because I, unfortunately, made it fall a few months ago and it shattered in pieces -_-). In a bit more than a year, I had reached the rank of the top 500 customers. Tells a lot about the amount I put in those 3D elements (I was kinda depressed back then so it was a sort of escape for me.) After that, I paused my purchase because I had to invest quite a lot in SoV's final rush. Then the game came out and I started working with PeakJump. I kept buying a few things here and there but nothing big. And at the end of 2016, I released v0.01 of The Hunter. Except the dates aren't the same anymore. We're at the end of 2016. Genesis 3 has been released for a year and a half, and (even if I don't know it yet) Genesis 8 is going to be released in 6 months. Logic would've told me to use AT LEAST Genesis 3 to work on The Hunter. But I had thousands of dollars worth of product laying in my library. Even if they were G1 and G2, I had MUCH more choice there than if I had to buy G3 stuff. So here's the core of everything: The Hunter was made with Genesis 1 & 2 figures at a time it should've been made with G3 ones (At least you know why, now.)
IV) Kaya's case and Why everything fell apart these last days
Normally at that point, I was supposed to only explain Kaya's case. But I'll have to mention what happened these last days so you can get a clearer idea of the whole problem.
As much as I love Kaya, she's a big problem for me. Her body is a Genesis 2 one. Her mapping (or texture if you prefer. The skin etc...) is based on a Victoria 5 version (so Genesis 1). Just with that, it can be problematic. But it's more or less fine. Thing is, through these last years I had the chance to do MANY MANY renders, especially with Kaya. And I was able to see what were the different problems I had with her. One of the biggest ones is the genitals. This isn't a Kaya-only problem. It's a global G1/G2 problem. Even if I use a custom element (that is not Daz's base genitalia), it's a bit wonky and doesn't allow much without looking problematic. There's a reason you don't often have a big focus on Kaya's vagina: it's because it often looks bad :/
Another HUGE problem with genitals is the texture. Basically, you can't use anything else other than the base genitalia from Daz because custom genitals don't have a good way to merge texture between the genitals and the rest of the body. But Daz's genitals have no morphs so you can't do anything with those. Thankfully, the creator of the custom genitals I use created a script back then that "create" the genital texture based on the body genitals. it's a bit complex but it worked like a charm. All the female G2 genitals you see in the game were textured thanks to that tool. Why am I complaining then? Because the last update of the script was in 2015 and meanwhile Daz Studio (the soft) evolved into v4.9, then 4.10 then 4.11... And since 4.9 the script doesn't work anymore. Which means that if for some reason, I lose Kaya's genitals texture, I WOULDN'T be able to recreate it.
Oh, and since we're at it, here's a little extra I discovered today: the original model I used for Kaya's skin has disappeared from the Internet. It's not on sale on Daz anymore. Let's hope I won't lose it then 8D.
And then, as time went by I added a few girls in the village, and I ended up using G3 to test it. Lani is G3 for instance. Halycon too. And I discovered quite a whole new world with G3. ESPECIALLY genital-wise. To make it simple, the gap between G2 and G3 is so big in many areas that genital-wise it's day and night. It took me a long time to attach a penis to Paige. It took me a few minutes to do it to Subject 74 (and it looks better). G3 introduced a new system of texturing that kinda allows getting rid of the limitations of G2. Basically, you don't need scripts anymore to apply a genital texture to a different genital model. Which means things can't get obsolete (unlike scripts that are bound to how the soft is coded).
That's where I FINALLY reach the part where I talk about my original intention.
At some point when I was seeing how I was having trouble posing G2 models and how some G3 models looked better, I started to look into the possibility of making Kaya a Genesis 3 model. And if it sounds easy, believe me, it's ABSOLUTELY NOT easy. Let me show you the steps so you can see how long it can be:
1) Buy and install a tool on Daz that allows morphs from G2 to work on G3 (I remind you morphs are more or less the body modifications)
2) Note down ALL the morphs you've used on Kaya and note the value they're at (cause a morph always has a minimum and maximum value).
3) Create a G3 base model and apply all the above morphs at the right value
4) Finetune things because it's not EXACTLY looking the same.
5) Buy and install a tool on Daz allowing to use G1 or G2 textures on G3 body
6) Learn to use that tool and try to import properly Kaya's original skin on her new version.
At that point, I can show you a pic. Just to reach that part, it took me around 10 hours of work.

If you download them and zoom you can see the little differences but honestly, I think made a good job.
Knowing I was evolving towards G3, I decided to change more than Kaya's body. You probably didn't pay attention to it, but her haircut as always been a pain in the ass for me. Depending on how her neck/head is bending/turning, her bangs can grow longer or smaller without me being able to correct it. Or they can bend at 90° without anything justifying this movement. So I started to be in a "Let's improve Kaya totally" mode. And I started working on changing her haircut.
The goal was simple: I wanted her new model to be ready to implement for post v0.2 content. And when I saw what I was able to do with Kaya, I ALSO decided to convert all G2 females into G3 to make things easier for me in the future (even thought the preparation work would've been huge).
Normally, at that point, I should've stopped here. When I reached that point I was happy, I had managed to make a G3 model looking like a G2 one. I could have the benefits of G3 without losing anything. I was planning to change different girls, maybe take that chance to change their outfit to refresh a bit the cast, give them more realistic hairs (but keeping their original haircut though).
But things didn't go as planned. In my eagerness to try to convert G2 females into G3 females. I tried doing it with Jeanette. It worked like a charm, just like Kaya, I managed to have a G3 version of Jeanette that was almost identical to the original one. And then I gave her the genital element I was using on my G3 girls.
First disappointment: Because G2 morphs are NOT supposed to end up being used on a G3 model, the body modifications of Jeanette conflicts with the genitals (and I'm talking about a morph that changes Jeanette's whole body, so it's the core of her body, I can't remove it). Due to that conflict, Jeanette's genitals have a huge lump of flesh around the venus mount that I can't remove. It's ugly as fuck and I can't do anything about it (except removing Jeanette's morph, but it won't be Jeanette anymore). This problem COULD have a solution though: buy another genital set. The problem is that the one I'm using is so used by everyone that it has a lot of add-ons other sets don't have. And even if that wasn't a problem, the second problem came this morning and literally took my whole day to fix (without success). At the moment I'm writing this, I've been working literally for 10 hours in a row to try to find a solution and none worked, making me totally fucked.
Those genitals conflict with Jeanette's models but they don't conflict with Kaya's. That's awesome. I apply the genitals, then the texture... Then... Oh... Fuck me. The genitals are based for a model using G3 textures. The problem is: To be able to use Kaya's original textures I had to use a tool allowing me to put G2 textures on G3 models. That tool is for bodies, not genitalia (There are not tools for genitalia on Daz's shop since genitals are not supposed to be used). So I have a crotch area using G3 textures with a body using G2 textures. Where's the problem actually? Can't I just put the G2 texture on Kaya's crotch? And the answer is no. Let me explain you.
Basically, a 3D model has what is called a UV set. It's a sort of "texture skeleton". It defines how the texture files are going to recover the 3D model. Each generation has its UV Set. Since the 3D model change, the UV set changes too. But remember, all models are based on the original Model. So no matter the 3D model, as long as you use a G2 model, its textures will be compatible with the G2 UV Set (you won't have to tweak anything). But here things are more complex since it's G2 textures on G3 UV set. Which means the files aren't built the same way. There aren't many ways around that problem.
1) Trying to find a body texture to replace Kaya's --> No good. I looked into the shop of the creator of the original skin. He had tons of choices. Not a single one was close enough to Kaya. That solution is not good.
2) Trying to recreate Kaya's body texture thanks to a tool to create custom textures --> I spent 2 whole hours on it, never being able to reach the right skin color and even if I did, the options for freckles and stuff were way too few to be able to recreate Kaya's skin. That solution is not good either.
3) The Blender way. There is technically a possibility to convert a G2 texture file into a G3 version. When it's ready the G3 version has all the spots that are different between G2 and G3 black. After that, it's your photoshop skill that has to handle it. I'm not mentioning it but the set-up is to create figures on Daz, import them on Blender, make a ton of things on Blender to be able to get those files. That alone was ALSO 2 hours long. And I tried to fill the black spots on Photoshop. The result is good. Yet it can't be used. For some reason I didn't manage to understand, even though the body color is the same than the genitals, there's a slight color difference between the bottom of the belly and the rest of the body. This solution is no good either.
4) The "Fuck it I give up" way. Remove the awesome genitalia set and put Daz's base genitalia. It works. I can buy a small pack of morphers to have a few options on the genitals, but it'll be far from the possibilities I could've had with the original set I was using.
And as if the software was nicely telling me "Go to Hell" after all that stuff, I also discovered that G2-converted models into G3 don't work with all the poses (those automatic full pose you can also buy on the store). Some work, but some don't 8D
So this is where I am now. I was eager to make everyone evolve into G3 but I simply can't. Unless I take that base genitals option. But even if solves things, it doesn't change the fact that I was clearly told: "G2 morphs on G3 figures are bound to fuck things up". So I'm a bit lost for now. Kaya will remain G3 because I want her too. But I don't know if I'll take the time to change the other women into G3...
One thing is sure, though: Kaya's look will change after v0.2. I know many of you will be displeased with it. But hey, at least she keeps her body and skin. I'm only changing her hair and clothes :p
I apologize for the length of the post (and the amount of mistakes, it took me 2 hours to write that and it's midnight so I'm slightly beat, especially after seeking a solution for the whole day).
The third one will be shorter but will also be crucial for the future of The Hunter (and you'll get to participate too through a VERY important poll).
See you o/
Ark Thompson said:
The Future of The Hunter #3 (Poll inside)
Hello everyone o/
My Monday post sure was a great idea. I lost quite a bunch of patrons thanks to it. Dunno if it's because I sounded depressive or because I mentioned changing Kaya's look, but it had rather negative consequences ^^'
I do have some good news for you though. It appears that on Monday I was so jaded at having nothing working that I didn't realize that option N°4 (using Daz's original genitals) was actually a viable idea. It actually solves all my problem (not the posing ones, but that's less of a problem to me). After sleeping over it I can now attest that I had actually solved the problem before even writing that post. I just hadn't realized :x (Sorry for that ^^')
This last part about the future of The Hunter will be much more light-hearted and also much less heavy in text.
I did mention Kaya's changing look at the end of the previous post. And that raise some questions. The most important being "How can I merge old scenes with the new look?" It's simple. All scenes up to v0.2 will be automatically unlocked at the end of v0.2.
I have the feeling that a part of you are gonna be super happy to read that and another part will tell me to go fuck myself ^^' Put you in my shoes though. The more the game advance, the more different H branching there are (Jeanette scenes, Paige scenes, Nathalie's scenes...) where each player is reaching a certain point that will be different from another player. If all characters were isolated, that wouldn't be a problem. But they live in a village and interact with each other. If I want to create specific interactions, the conditions are more and more complex to implement as the game progress because the situation with each girl will be different. Nathalie is the best example: It's totally possible to reach the end of v0.19 without going out with her. But I didn't make it as if you could date any girl in the village. Nathalie IS the girl to date. So it's obvious at some point I'll want that element to have consequences on other girls, or in a story... That's why I'm doing this. This way, when people will start playing v0.21, the situation in the village will be the same for EVERYONE (Kaya will know Paige's secret, she'll be a couple with Nathalie, etc...). On a positive side effect, that will avoid people requesting full saves forever 8D
There are other consequences on Kaya's change though: Repeatable scenes (Lani's shows and Valera's scenes) and fighting scenes. Well for those I'll go through the burden of remaking all the pics. While it'll be rather boring for the shows and Valera (since nothing will change much), the fighting pic will be a good way to make them evolve into something where she looks a bit more self-assured :p So yeah, the updates after v0.2 will take a bit of time to make sure everything is at the good level for an update or two (which will mean less new content). But it's a necessary evil. Between that and the current menu updates we're working on, I can safely say that in roughly a year, The Hunter will finally look like a fully-fledged game SoV2's level :) When I'll deem everything on the side (model updates, UI update, etc...) is done and I can fully focus on the smut only, The Hunter will make a big jump into a v0.5 because, at some point, we need to remember that I'll have been working on it for more than 3 years and while I don't plan on abandoning the project at all, I'll have to finish it one day. So saying I did half of the work after 3,5 years feels okay to me.
Now comes the final part and the most important as you're going to participate in a vote that will HIGHLY influence how The Hunter will evolve after v0.2 :x
As you all know, I have a Pixiv account and I sell my games on Booth (Pixiv's store). A few years ago Pixiv created their own Patreon-kind called Pixiv FANBOX. It was reserved for Japanese people (as you needed a Japanese bank account to use it). That's not the case anymore since June. Us artists can be paid through Paypal so it's basically opening to western artists. That opens a possibility I never really wanted to try because of the situation I'm in (you know... content and stuff :x). Since Pixiv is in Japan, there are "situations" in The Hunter that could happen that "can't" happen for now because of "some people". I'm sure the majority of you catch my drift. Please don't try to decipher this in the comment, there's a reason I'm staying cryptic -_- If you really don't know what I'm talking about ask me on Discord or through mail (not through PM please). I'll delete right away any com that I'll deem dangerous. Thank you for your comprehension.
You have to keep something in mind: it's a very important decision. I'm talking about relocating The Hunter on Pixiv FANBOX only. The game would still be downloadable on Patreon but only up to v0.2. All future updates would be on Fanbox only. Since Pixiv doesn't allow anything else than monthly charging, I'd also put all my other projects there of course (so it'll be possible to totally move there). But for those of you who'd rather stay here, fear not. I have the possibility to freeze pledges for a month anytime I want. So in that configuration, every time I'd update The Hunter, I'd freeze a month of pledge here so you don't pledge for nothing. That would fuck me up pretty much, to be honest. I'm perfectly aware that the majority won't make the move to Pixiv so that means having months where I'll basically earn very few. But I'm willing to take that risk if you want it. Now the reason I'm making that poll is because there are both pros and cons in doing or not doing that and I really need your opinion about it. If the results are tight, I'll take time to think about it (it's not for a near-future anyway, we're talking about post v0.2 content (so 2020)). If one result is overwhelming, then I'll follow that result. Since it's very important I'd like you to be as many voters as possible, please ^^' (You can also come and talk about it on Discord if you have questions or want to propose different things). I'd like to add as a last element that you CAN'T use Paypal as patrons on Fanbox (only credit cards). That's still one of Patreon privilege ^^'
So, should I relocate The Hunter on Fanbox to be totally free but having less income or should I stay here to avoid spreading everywhere even at the cost of some fantasies?
Thank you for those who'll answer and participate in the debate in Discord. I'll come back next week with a pic about this update's new character (gotta show a bit, no?)
See ya o/

Poll:
Keep The Hunter here (and give up on wilder things)
25%

Relocate The Hunter on Fanbox (and give up on monies)
75%
There you go that's all of them.

Devious

Jul 20, 2017
Can someone post the The Future of The Hunter #4 post ?
Here it is.

Ark Thompson said:

About the future of The Hunter #4
Hello everyone o/
You didn't expect that one, did you? Well, to be honest, me neither x) It's just that even though we're only at the end of July, There are MANY things that will change at the end of this year. And part of it concerns The Hunter. So let's first talk about it.
As I mentioned in my last posts I'm now able to make model evolve from G2 to G3. I'll have to do it in my free time though as it takes MUCH more time than you'd think. So I can't afford to "do it for a month". It's almost one girl = one day of work. Considering there are more than 30 girls in the game, that would mean having no time at all for other stuff. So I'm gonna do it progressively through the whole second part of 2019 and early 2020 so that ideally everyone is done in time.
As you also know this whole "evolution" was meant to be post-v0.2 content that would be the first update after the end of Free Folks arc.
Well, there's a bit more to it. I've decided something. Something very important. v0.2 will turn into v1.0 and The Hunter will be considered finished when this update will be live. Don't run away though. That doesn't mean I'll stop working on the game. Not at all. But I'll just make the next content a sequel rather than an update.
Why am I doing that?
It's a combination of different things. There are elements directly tied to the scenario so I can't mention that, but once v0.2 will be out, you'll understand it.
Now, aside from the scenario elements, there's also the fact I'm making the character evolve graphically. Some of them REALLY need to be dusted off from either bad clothing choice or poor 3D assets (be them clothes or hair). I currently "remade" completely 2 girls. Paige and Jeanette. They're each representative of the two possible outcomes for the girls of The Hunter: One will evolve totally with new hair and new clothes and one will stay close to the original model (still being a G3 instead of a G2) with just a new set of clothes because I find it a good timing to change those. I'm aware that some of you will be displeased at the new look of some girls, but considering you'll probably enjoy the look of some other more than before, it'll balance things out. Anyway, the fact that I'll have new models for ALL girls, feels like the gap between now and post v0.2 will be bigger than a simple update, making a real split not that stupid of an idea.
Another thing is the UI. We are currently working with Hime and Sasquatchi into making everything coherent (and not just the basic RPG Maker windows). That was supposed to be progressive, but if take the time until the first update of that "new game", we'd be able to have everything implemented in one go rather than putting things one by one. That would make that sequel look much better than The Hunter which started, I remind it for people that arrive in late 2017 or after, as a side project for fun without ANY constraints at all (it's something that GREATLY changed XD).
Now the BIG reason I want to do that is something that won't change anything to you, but for me it'll be day and night: The game's library. The Hunter currently has 900 pics, 100 animations (for fights and in pixel), 163 pixel elements (characters or items) and I'm not talking about the tilesets, or other graphical elements I never took the time to clean up because when I started the game I never expected it to become this big.
Now think about it. On those 900 pics. 200 are sprites. If I keep the same amount of girls that's 200 new pics just for sprites. I'd raise the amount of pics from 200 just with sprites. Reaching 1100 pics. Knowing that RPG Maker MV doesn't allow me to have separate folders for pictures upload things would be more and more messy. So having a fresh empty folder for everything would be great for me to work. I could also clean the unused scripts, clean the database... Make it comfortable to work with x) I know it doesn't look like it but spending 30 seconds searching for a specific pic ends up being tiring when you write several conversations in a row x)
See? Between the scenario, the 3D evolution, the new UI and the need of a fresher base, I realized that having a new game would be the best way to combine everything. What would that change for you? Well, not much. You'll just have to play "The Hunter 2" (name subject to changes) if you want to keep on playing Kaya's journey. It should just be more enjoyable than what The Hunter currently is :) Okay there will be ONE downside: you won't be able to access the scenes from The Hunter in the sequel. But you just have to launch the game if you want to play it again. After all it works like that with other games 8D
Keep in mind that it's stuff for 2020 though. Nothing will change for now. Be it for v0.195 that will come out next week or v0.2 that will come out later this year.
Now about the poll. I know that people can still vote for it, but there's still a big side winning over the other. This poll wasn't the only thing. I discussed about it with a few other people and also read your commentaries. You all more or less agree on a single point: it's a difficult decision. I've always said it and I'll keep saying it: Patreon is NOT a store. It's a support site. As such, I do agree with people saying that it's up to patrons deciding whether or not they want to support a creator even during a month where nothing is released. As such, I'm making a great link to the second part of that post:
The future of Blue Axolotl's support
This part will cover everything, not just The Hunter (but it'll be included in the story, don't worry.) As I said at the beginning of that post, the end of the year will lead to many changes (that is considering everything goes as planned of course). Take that with a 1-2 months of salt please, it might happen in January/February, but it should happen. Why will it lead to changes? Well if everything goes accordingly, Naomi's Past AND The Hunter will be finished. As such, I'll have two more games finished by the end of the year. At some point, I can't afford to keep my finished games on Patreon forever and being unfair to people buying them. That's why there will be a BIG change in tiers to reorder them accordingly. Those changes will only concern finished games. For in-dev games, it'll always be $5/$10 ranks. Don't worry about that. I don't know how exactly I'll reorder things but I'll try to make sure there's a difference between people using Patreon as a shop and people really willing to support the development of future games. I'll give more details when the time comes anyway. But you can start to be prepared. CGs are concerned too :x
The $5 rank is the most likely to change. Back then I created this level for people wanting to give a bit more than $1 but not necessarily wanting to give (or unable to give) $10 per month. The Hunter is born from that desire of having something to give to the $5 people as a small reward so that they don't have nothing. BUT, The Hunter is faaaaaaaaaar from being that now. It's actually my biggest project (I'm not afraid of saying it's overwhelming Naomi's Past and only Slice of Venture 3 will manage to overpower it). As such, I'm currently working during my free time on a little something supposed to replace The Hunter at the $5 rank that will work like The Hunter was working at the beginning: a small project I'll work on when I have some time. This way the $5 rank will find back its old purpose (plus there will still be the discord reward that didn't exist back then, so it should be okay in terms of rewards.) As soon as this little side-ish project alpha will be playable, I'll probably remove The Hunter from Patreon. (I'd like to make it coincide with the end of the year too.)
And when the first playable version of the sequel will be ready: It'll be uploaded on Fanbox. Making it the place to get your fix of The Hunter. Considering the amount of work The Hunter requires today, the next game will not be a $5 rank one but a $10 rank one. I'll remind it to you when the time comes, but I will NOT pause anything. Not on Fanbox, not on Patreon. As I do side with people thinking that Patreon is first and foremost a site to help creators, having a month without update on one side shouldn't make a difference on whether or not you want to help them (after all it's not as if I didn't release something during that time). The decision will be yours to make. I'd be tempted to say it's unfair but I've seen a lot of examples from other creators having several projects on several pages without it being a problem. So it's maybe not THAT unfair. And anyway, I can't know whether or not a decision is good or bad before I take it. Thing is: A decision HAS to be taken. And here it is. It's impossible to satisfy everyone anyway. Some will leave, some will stay. But at least I want things to be crystal clear so you can be sure I will bring up the topic several times again before the end of the year to make sure everything's clear for everyone.
One of the consequences of that will be that starting January (more or less when I'll make all those changes), I'll give myself some leeway. Many people told me I really didn't have to rush like a madman at the end of a release and it happens a lot that I postpone content because I can't integrate it in time. They kept telling me they were totally okay having to wait a few more days if it meant having everything planned. So starting 2020 I will also do that. I don't mean I'll take 6 months per release, but if I need a few extra days, I'll take them, not taking Patreon's schedule into account. I thank you in advance for that.
Damn, that was a lot to say (and I probably forgot a bunch of it). But at least things should be square and clear so we can start 2020 the best way with SoV2's DLC, the new Hunter game and of course SoV3 ;)
In the end, I wanted to talk about the lady I posted, but considering everything I've just talked about, I'll let your mind imagine whatever you want about her. She'll be THE new character of v0.195. (I'll just mention I fixed her hair problem and the jewel doesn't shine anymore.)
Don't hesitate to use the comments or Discord if you want to talk about any of those matters, I'm open to the discussion :D
Meanwhile, I'll see you in roughly 7 days for the release of v0.195 of The Hunter.
EDIT: I forgot to mention I posted a special pic on Pixiv that might interest a lot of you (it's the continuity of that April Fool's pic, except this time there's lewd in it, so don't forget to check it!)
See ya o/

Vamori

Oct 19, 2018
Here's the new update of The Hunter for Windows, Linux, and Mac. The latest Guide is also included in each download.

Windows:

Linux:

Mac:

I hope everyone enjoys.
Thank you!

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
The Hunter is faaaaaaaaaar from being that now. It's actually my biggest project (I'm not afraid of saying it's overwhelming Naomi's Past
Worst news I've heard all year, why does it have to be like this Ark Thompson?

Vamori

Oct 19, 2018
Small scene with Jeanette, red-skinned old woman and pregnant prostitute in toilets, is that all H-scenes in this update? or iam, missing something? (i know we had a guide, but i've got some problems with save files so iam not sure that game works like it should)

Nohiul

May 14, 2017
your windows mega link got cancelled heres a new one
your guide link aswell here is a working guide link

Last edited:
Reactions: geordie

Ghosthands

May 4, 2018
Mistakenly deleted the game.... redownloaded but really don't start all over again. Would anyone be kind enough to share a save, right after finishing the underground research lab?

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Here is a basic question...

What "button" saves the game? I am not seeing anything that tells me what the keyboard controls are. I don't play a lot of RPGM games... can anyone help?

Ginyu6789

Apr 9, 2018
Here is a basic question...

What "button" saves the game? I am not seeing anything that tells me what the keyboard controls are. I don't play a lot of RPGM games... can anyone help?
esc button then click save

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes