VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.25.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes
Feb 17, 2022
Man... I know it's been said before, but what a disappointing follow up to one of my favorite AVNs.

It feels like the dev was actively trying to drive away previous fans by switching to a dumb sandbox while also taking away the great relationship building that made us actually care about the LIs, now it's like what's the point if we just never see them again? The game just gives me no reason to care enough to bother with a bunch of useless clicks to pursue a bunch of dead end relationships.

I guess I'll come back if/when the dev makes a new game and hopefully learns from all the mistakes this game makes and hopefully goes back to the formula that Now and Then has. Bring back a reason to give a shit about the world and the characters and for fucks sake drop the pointless sandbox.

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
Man... I know it's been said before, but what a disappointing follow up to one of my favorite AVNs.

It feels like the dev was actively trying to drive away previous fans by switching to a dumb sandbox while also taking away the great relationship building that made us actually care about the LIs, now it's like what's the point if we just never see them again? The game just gives me no reason to care enough to bother with a bunch of useless clicks to pursue a bunch of dead end relationships.

I guess I'll come back if/when the dev makes a new game and hopefully learns from all the mistakes this game makes and hopefully goes back to the formula that Now and Then has. Bring back a reason to give a shit about the world and the characters and for fucks sake drop the pointless sandbox.
i feel same, but it is probably working when he still have patrons...and ridiculously good review score :D

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
i feel same, but it is probably working when he still have patrons...and ridiculously good review score :D
Caveat: I don't know the Dev's motivations are beyond that has been posted here and on Discord.

Why do you assume the only motivation is patrons and money? The dev has a full time job and is middle aged (late 30's, early 40's). This is a passion project and not being used as a job to have shelter/food. They are known for story driven games.

Just bringing up an alternate viewpoint.

Reactions: erkper and sava75

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
Caveat: I don't know the Dev's motivations are beyond that has been posted here and on Discord.

Why do you assume the only motivation is patrons and money? The dev has a full time job and is middle aged (late 30's, early 40's). This is a passion project and not being used as a job to have shelter/food. They are known for story driven games.

Just bringing up an alternate viewpoint.
hey i dont know motivation of dev of course but i guess that it is always nice to be appreciated for hard work by some spare money...u know i work cause i am geting pay for it to pay for my expences not because it is fun :D

but ppl are different

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
hey i dont know motivation of dev of course but i guess that it is always nice to be appreciated for hard work by some spare money...u know i work cause i am geting pay for it to pay for my expences not because it is fun :D

but ppl are different
I have no idea what you are saying in response to what I was pointing out. I said this game wasnt the developers primary job. Thus getting paid isnt their primary motivator - the story is. Everyone works to get paid unless they are rich enough to work only for intrinsic motivations. Everyone likes to be acknowledged for hard work. The last two points are basic human emotions. My point was a fact.

nefelfine

Nov 24, 2021
I can't figure how to get Allison story 4. I had the choice "Sure, let's head back." which is supposed to continue Alisson story but nothing happen and I'm still at (3:6:0). No way to get this choice "Is it Hump Day already?". Is there another event girl that could block it?

haremwincest

Mar 11, 2023
You really like to ruin LIs. Don't you?

We have a virgin LI who went into details about how she used to make out with her ex bf. Another virgin who is tattooed all over her body and an another virgin who is a 'virgin' who gave blowjob to a random guy and had his pubes in her mouth. Only roe seems good but who knows what shit you will pull out for her.

Can't believe you're the same guy who created characters like 'carol' and 'naomi' we all loved and cared for.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Not exactly his patreon count has continuously dropped in the last year. After the success that was Now and Then, interim domain was a bad follow up. Good quality games with a dystopian setting and zombies/monster are very rare on this site and is an untapped niche market. After gathering a good following with N&T he is losing them instead of building on it. Fair play for trying out a different genre but there are many like me who absolutely loved N&T but won't even touch Interim domain.

erkper

May 16, 2018
You really like to ruin LIs. Don't you?

We have a virgin LI who went into details about how she used to make out with her ex bf. Another virgin who is tattooed all over her body and an another virgin who is a 'virgin' who gave blowjob to a random guy and had his pubes in her mouth. Only roe seems good but who knows what shit you will pull out for her.

Can't believe you're the same guy who created characters like 'carol' and 'naomi' we all loved and cared for.
You seem to have an odd take on what "virgin" means. Why would you think any of the examples you listed invalidate the girls being virgins?

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
You seem to have an odd take on what "virgin" means. Why would you think any of the examples you listed invalidate the girls being virgins?
If I had to guess, it's because for them 'virgin' is a fetish. Just having an intact hymen isn't enough. They need to be on some level demure, naïve, and untainted (I hate even using that word, as being sexually active is not a taint/sin/bad). It's not just about if the girl has never had sex before, but about being 'virginal'; and by that I mean largely inexperienced. Part of the fetish is the power dynamic of having more knowledge or experience than the virgin.

So yeah, only Roe fits the 'virgin' fetish. She's the only one who is truly sheltered and inexperienced. The others? Well, they're written like actual human beings with histories and lived experiences (and just as a reminder, they have major emotional hang-ups that are holding them there in the Interim), and that undermines the 'virgin' fetish. They're not just objects for sexual gratification or fetishism, they're actual characters.

Last edited:

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Hehehe... I just looked, and the game doesn't even have the 'virgin' content tag. I say they should keep it that way. If you're using the tags to search for a specific kink and you're more concerned with virginity as a kink rather than a technical fact about a character? This isn't the game for you.

• Sad
Reactions: The ArcKnight

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
Edit: Reply pointed out my mistake, no bug here.

Does ILSProductions hang out here?

I just noticed a possible bug.
When you finish Mina's story, it doesn't add to your qi, it just sets your qi to a new value, making anything that happened before no longer matter... doesn't seem intentional.

Last edited:

erkper

May 16, 2018
Does ILSProductions hang out here?

I just noticed a possible bug.
When you finish Mina's story, it doesn't add to your qi, it just sets your qi to a new value, making anything that happened before no longer matter... doesn't seem intentional.
Not sure if ISL monitors these threads anymore. I know Kinderfeld tends to fade on commenting after a while. He was pretty active in the N&T thread until there was a huge stupid argument over something even dumber than the argument itself and then pretty much ghosted that thread until the game was complete. Here, he was on the thread very early but I don't think he's posted here in a long time.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
Hm, it works still just fine for me. :unsure:
The formula in this case is: qi = qi+mina_like+mina_love^2. At this point i have qi = 7, mina_like = 12 and mina_love = 3. So it should be qi = 7 + 12 + 3^2 = 28 and that's exactly what i have after letting her go.

Reactions: SnowyS

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
Hm, it works still just fine for me. :unsure:
The formula in this case is: qi = qi+mina_like+mina_love^2. At this point i have qi = 7, mina_like = 12 and mina_love = 3. So it should be qi = 7 + 12 + 3^2 = 28 and that's exactly what i have after letting her go.
You're right, my fault. I thought I had the wrong qi value at the end, but it turns out I was using the wrong mina_like value in my calculation. And then I misread the code because I was expecting to see an error. Thanks!

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
It's mentioned three times in passing, always by The Accountant. There's no other ability to look at it, but it also has no effect yet other The Accountant's dialog.

erkper

May 16, 2018
It's mentioned three times in passing, always by The Accountant. There's no other ability to look at it, but it also has no effect yet other The Accountant's dialog.
Key word: Yet. It is made clear several times that you need higher qi to be the "winning" Archon. I'd imagine if you totally ignore or piss off the girls and end the game with a shitty qi score you'll get a bad ending.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Fuck me if letting Mina go was one of the hardest things to do as the player.
The character played it off like "yeah i hate this but it's what she needs, I'll go get a beer now." but fuuuuck.
After spending months with her only to have to let her go or Selene destroys her? Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

If this is the ultimate fate for all the LI's, not sure I want to keep playing... its just, depressing.

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes