VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Just clarification: the $40 tier reward that people are mentioning isn't a full update. It's the update art. Dev is currently working on the script and code to go with it. His rework of Chapter 2 is in the translation/editing stage and should be ready for release in a week or so most likely although possibly without complete editing since his editor (That would be me!) is going on vacation next week. I think that people will be happy with the reworked Chapter 2 when it comes out. I know I've been thrilled with what I've seen so far.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Just clarification: the $40 tier reward that people are mentioning isn't a full update. It's the update art. Dev is currently working on the script and code to go with it. His rework of Chapter 2 is in the translation/editing stage and should be ready for release in a week or so most likely although possibly without complete editing since his editor (That would be me!) is going on vacation next week. I think that people will be happy with the reworked Chapter 2 when it comes out. I know I've been thrilled with what I've seen so far.
Are you for real?

I've been reading this VN since its development started in 2018. Do you really think I'm supposed to be thrilled because the Author is reworking its early chapters and the story hasn't moved forward since december 2022?
Sorry, but I'm a simp and I just want to know what happens after Alice has "grown up".

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
0014_153.jpg

Friends, hello everyone!
I'm finally done with the corrections I originally wanted to make to chapters one and two.

What did I change?
I split the game script into chapters. This has been something that needed to be done for a long time. Now I'll be able to make changes without fear of your saves breaking.

I also split the second chapter into two separate chapters. So now there are not 9 full chapters in the game, but 10. That's why the version is called 0.10.2 and not 0.9.2.

I also completely redid the first half of the second chapter. I removed the minigame, rewrote the dialogs and rendered everything from scratch.

I also added 2 animations at the end of the second chapter. I hope you like it!

I haven't changed anything further than the middle of chapter 2, so at some point you may notice a strong deterioration in the quality of the game, but there's nothing I can do about it. I'll fix it later.

What's next?
Next, I'm finally going to continue chapter 11! More specifically, I'm already working on an update. So expect it in August.

I'll also continue updating old chapters. I plan to completely redo the second and third. I'll add animations to the whole game and redo the already outdated ones. I also want to update all the renders with Alice (as you'll notice, I've corrected her appearance a bit). And I also need to edit the English translation up to chapter 5, because there are a lot of complaints about it. I can see how bad it is.

As you can see, there's still a lot of work to do, but now I'm going to do it gradually, focusing on continuing rather than reworking old chapters.

I'll write another big post next week. There is a huge amount of news that I would like to share with you.

Thanks for your support!

The unseen

Apr 2, 2022
View attachment 2812128

Friends, hello everyone!
I'm finally done with the corrections I originally wanted to make to chapters one and two.

What did I change?
I split the game script into chapters. This has been something that needed to be done for a long time. Now I'll be able to make changes without fear of your saves breaking.

I also split the second chapter into two separate chapters. So now there are not 9 full chapters in the game, but 10. That's why the version is called 0.10.2 and not 0.9.2.

I also completely redid the first half of the second chapter. I removed the minigame, rewrote the dialogs and rendered everything from scratch.

I haven't changed anything further than the middle of chapter 2, so at some point you may notice a strong deterioration in the quality of the game, but there's nothing I can do about it. I'll fix it later.

What's next?
Next, I'm finally going to continue chapter 11! More specifically, I'm already working on an update. So expect it in August.

I'll also continue updating old chapters. I plan to completely redo the second and third. I'll add animations to the whole game and redo the already outdated ones. I also want to update all the renders with Alice (as you'll notice, I've corrected her appearance a bit). And I also need to edit the English translation up to chapter 5, because there are a lot of complaints about it. I can see how bad it is.

As you can see, there's still a lot of work to do, but now I'm going to do it gradually, focusing on continuing rather than reworking old chapters.

I'll write another big post next week. There is a huge amount of news that I would like to share with you.

Thanks for your support!
Hello, and first off, thank you for posting it here. It was nice to know which phase of development you are.
I think your whole plan of reworking the first chapters is great. The whole package of game is great even with bad translation at first chapters. Really appreciate what you're doing (y)

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Hello, and first off, thank you for posting it here. It was nice to know which phase of development you are.
I think your whole plan of reworking the first chapters is great. The whole package of game is great even with bad translation at first chapters. Really appreciate what you're doing (y)
Thank you so much! You seem to be the first person who met the idea of recycling old chapters positively.:giggle:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.2] [PixelsLab]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Oh lol, i literally just finished the previous version 5 minutes ago, guess i keep playing.

Awesome game, in the beginning i was somewhat bored and annoyed with the mc's behavior/mindset but at this point i wasnt able to grasp where this game is going at all and the story turned out to be way more interresting and unusual than a first suspected!

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
wait, what?! You serious? I mean, there are really human beings out there willing to pay real hard earned money for an unfinished product just because they want to be among the first that can play them?

I refuse that people can be so dumb (or rich) that this can be a legal business strategy!
I agree that early access isn't really a good thing for the consumer, but if you come across a game and you play it and you like it and you want to play more of it, you can if you are able go and support that developer with your money. No one is forcing anyone to do so. People do so because they want to and can.
I know people who never play a game unless it's complete be it on steam or here.
Sometimes with how many unfinished abandoned game there has been I wish I would do the same, but I see something interesting I click.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathAl

snow123789456

Jun 2, 2020
I have not played the game for a while, the first chapter was rough. Does anyone know if the developer has redid the first chapter??? :)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I have not played the game for a while, the first chapter was rough. Does anyone know if the developer has redid the first chapter??? :)

What did I change?

What's next?

Thanks for your support!

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
I have stopped looking at new games all together. Either they are bad, there is almost no content and the developer drops the project shortly after arrival or, the worst case scenario, I really like the game and I will spend the coming 5 years on hitting F5 on the download page because I want to know how the story goes on.

The absolute worst worst scenario: The developer decides in the middle of the project he has to redo everything.
Focusing on new content rather of reworks sound very good, PixelsLab! This would be very nice =)

Jumping right into the new version. Can`t wait.
Aaaaand my save games are gone.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Cool, this updated. Been a good minute since I played. I'll be doing a fresh playthrough. Looking forward to seeing the changes to the earlier parts and so on.

Reactions: jussi818
Mar 27, 2019
Above there is a post from Patreon that only the second chapter has been changed, there is nothing new for those who want to continue.

Well, why did the developer change the folder with saves, I don’t understand.

Well damn, that explains it...I had read that post but apparently COMPLETELY misunderstood it *sigh*

And the wait continues...:sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: cxx
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes