VN Ren'Py The Journalist [v0.1] [Nutty Games Studio]

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
f95zone image.png
Overview:
Find yourself within the first Article ever published by Ann our brandnew Journalist!​

Thread Updated: 2024-07-15
Release Date: 2024-07-15
Developer: Nutty Games Studio - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Other Games: Link
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

bg main1.png bg ending1_15.png bg ann1_44.png bg ann1_1.png bg picture_frame3.png bg start.png

Last edited:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
TheJournalist-1.0
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Borstiii

torpedogoat

May 24, 2024
Version number 1.0 is misleading. This game is currently extremely short -- too short to fairly evaluate. But the concept is promising and the graphics are nice. Several times I got a crash throwing me back into the main menu. Also, I think version 1.0 is broken. I downloaded version 1.0.2 from Itch, which fixes this problem. A few errors in the text suggest non-native English speaker to me, but it's nothing major.

Borstiii

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2022
Version number 1.0 is misleading. This game is currently extremely short -- too short to fairly evaluate. But the concept is promising and the graphics are nice. Several times I got a crash throwing me back into the main menu. Also, I think version 1.0 is broken. I downloaded version 1.0.2 from Itch, which fixes this problem. A few errors in the text suggest non-native English speaker to me, but it's nothing major.
Thank you for the feedback first of all!
I chosed the "v1.0"for the first time within my games and it was def not the smartest decision, I will probably change the version format within the next few updates to something like "v0.1.2" or "v0.1.0.2" to make it more obvious that the game is a WIP.
For my part, I haven't experienced any kind of crashes etc, I would appreciate if you tell me what kind of plattform your downloaded it from (mega, dropbox etc.) so I can kinda pinpoint the issues related to that!
And completely right! Non-Native speaker it is. - I try my best to make it as fluent as possible, but there's still potential to grow from. I hope my writing etc will change throughout my updates/games!

Cheers!

Borstiii

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2022
I like the art I'm seeing but...what is this lol? The description tells me literally nothing.
I received a lot of feedback to the nearly non-existent description.
After I've pushed out a bit more bugfixes + a bit more content like in the v1.0.2 I will work on a more telling description!

I appreciate the feedback <3

torpedogoat

May 24, 2024
Thanks for your efforts! I can imagine that even such a short proof of concept eats up a lot of work.

I am playing on Linux, but normally that does not make a difference with Ren'Py games. I think I downloaded 1.0 from Pixeldrain. Then I downloaded 1.0.2 from Itch.
The crashes happen upon clicking an arrow to get a different view, and are at least sometimes reproducible. Here is an example:

I have a save file near the end of what is currently available. (Ann is doing pose 3 and can no longer be talked to, but the offering has not been done yet.) Moving down twice, I get to image number 2. If I try to move right, the game throws me to the main menu.

Borstiii

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2022
Thanks for your efforts! I can imagine that even such a short proof of concept eats up a lot of work.

I am playing on Linux, but normally that does not make a difference with Ren'Py games. I think I downloaded 1.0 from Pixeldrain. Then I downloaded 1.0.2 from Itch.
The crashes happen upon clicking an arrow to get a different view, and are at least sometimes reproducible. Here is an example:

I have a save file near the end of what is currently available. (Ann is doing pose 3 and can no longer be talked to, but the offering has not been done yet.) Moving down twice, I get to image number 2. If I try to move right, the game throws me to the main menu.
Thanks for your efforts aswell!
I quickly tested some stuff and got no issues, overflew the scripts and noticed a thing that may have occured.
The Arcane Flames are a variable that gets lower and lower, but I forgot to implement the lowest image, therefore it probably ignored the script passage and jumped through (I had no savepoint to get it back so it jump off game and made the game crash or close.
I will implement everything needed within the next 24 hours!

Inaaca

Jul 28, 2018
Thank you for the feedback first of all!
I chosed the "v1.0"for the first time within my games and it was def not the smartest decision, I will probably change the version format within the next few updates to something like "v0.1.2" or "v0.1.0.2" to make it more obvious that the game is a WIP.
For my part, I haven't experienced any kind of crashes etc, I would appreciate if you tell me what kind of plattform your downloaded it from (mega, dropbox etc.) so I can kinda pinpoint the issues related to that!
And completely right! Non-Native speaker it is. - I try my best to make it as fluent as possible, but there's still potential to grow from. I hope my writing etc will change throughout my updates/games!

Cheers!
Wait, so it isn't finished? You should probably remove the "completed" tag then.

Borstiii

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2022
Wait, so it isn't finished? You should probably remove the "completed" tag then.
Thanks for hinting that to me!
Didn't even noticed that, probably got added by staff cause of the version.
Also changed the version Numbers on the site. The Game itself still says "1.0" - will get changed when I update the files on here