Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hmm... This is weird. I say it because I don't think ptypoe has the intention to NTR people. Someone posted a link to their Patreon page where they discussed feedback. Well, Dev, if you're reading and you want constructive feedback, here it is:

From what you said in the post, I assume that "women get similar rights in general to men" is a philosophical thing? Like it's imperative that you do this? If that's the case, I respect it, but that isn't good for building an audience. That is the main thing here. Your audience, or more accurate your potential audience. This is also something you should be worried about. When thinking of your audience there should also be an acknowledgement of media. This is a video game; genre is VN; a subgenre is adult; main story genre is fantasy; lead protagonist is male. These things are very important to pay attention to as well. Each one fragments your audience each time.

To put it simply, there are many things that limit audience, and you want to do your best NOT to limit your audience. I'm only giving my feedback because you asked for us to give feedback so here it is. I HATE the "women get similar rights in general to men (in a sexual sense)" take when talking about a game in this genre. I think it's safe to say that mostly everyone here has had a relationship or a partner or two, and that they understand that women are due and deserve the same respect as men. On top of that, if treating them the same in a game is what you're doing, I'm all for it :). However, in a game that focuses on your Main MALE character, it's not in a lot of us to hear about what the women are doing with other men, but much less SEEING it as well. This argument has been thrown around, and damn it if I don't wholeheartedly agree "you don't want your love interest/girlfriend to talk about other men she's slept/sleeping with" as I'm sure my girlfriend would NOT love to talk to me about my ex partners. The fact that the main character is male should drive your focus (in my humble opinion) to him, not the women when it comes to sexuality.

(this is a small subsection about Mr. Dots games) When you said that you like the way Mr. Dots does his games, I was a bit confused. Mr. Dots used those scenes to set the world a bit, he doesn't have the side characters have full sex on the side, save some rare exceptions. MC's exwife having sex with bitch boy and some characters masturbating. To be fair, I dropped the game around 3 updates before the end of Chapter 2. Then again, seeing the shit show that Chapter 3 became, I don't see how it's a good inspiration these days. But I digress. Switching perspectives puts A LOT of people off. Especially if the character has sex with another male. It's like, is fire hot? Yes. Is water wet? Yes!

About the scenes themselves: Why? All it does is drive away people that might want to play your game. I saw you comment that keeping the sexual encounters only to the MC is "boring" and I'm thinking to myself "??????????? It's YOUR story! Make it exciting!" If it makes you excited, add a scene where a clown takes a balloon blows it up in the female characters vagina while doing the two-step all the while smoking a cigarette on top of a dude sucking his dick if you want... as long as you give the player choice. I would rather NTR-like scenes NEVER happen. It's healthy for the game audience wise, but if you are hellbent on that split, at least make it optional. This site is shitty when it comes to tags, it's members can be very abrasive... BUT it's good if you need to be called out on what they hate and SMOTHER you in compliments if you do something they LIKE. Just go into a WVM and My New Family thread and see the love pouring out of it. If you want to see a shit show, I'd suggest you see RoyalCandy's Rejected No More thread. The point is, listen to the community. You don't have to do what they say, but at least listen and have them talk you off of some of the crazier ideas. Maybe I shouldn't have given you the Clown idea...

I think there are other ways to show women respect and equal attention without cucking the MC and making people pissed off. I get the Fairy thing is story related, okay, fine. You want an easy fix? Don't make the fairy's romancable. People can think of them as side characters that drive the story forward while treating us to some side action (when it's not some bullshit story reason :rolleyes: sorry, but it's DUMB) as a stop gap to the REAL relationships. I'll say this, if you do add NTR to the sisters/family members, there will be a TRUE shit show for sure. Don't do it. My last advice.

I hope you understand that I didn't write this out of some hate, or vendetta against my virgin eyes for seeing NTR in my face, but as a person that wants to see games succeed. Feel free to ignore my comments, but this feedback is valuable.

Now, if someone can give this dev the speech on Avoidable vs Skippable, I'd appreciate it :p
Have a fantastic day! I wish you luck.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Interesting thoughts folks are having abt this game. Lots of comments abt NTR.

For the scope of this game, the only thing I personally would consider NTR would be if it were to be with the sisters. I think the author has done a great job, so far, with Ellie and I hope the MC gets to have a love relationship with her and maybe the older sister. As mentioned, there isn't any relationship w Lucy or Mallory and only their lies and use of the MC.

I would like to have a couple more dialogue choices with regards to Lucy and Mallory. They wouldn't have to be ugly retorts, but at least an option to shoot them down especially after they have been lying and withholding info with the MC. It could also be extremely funny after they were talking about driving the MC crazy being sexy and all, if he shot them down somehow or at least didn't come across as some loser standing there w drool puddling up on the floor....

I especially want the option to not have sex w Lucy and prob Mallory as well. If forced to do so it will prob end the game for me. Having said that, I like following Lucy on her trip to the Evil Mage and consider it a dual storyline and not NTR since I don't like her as any type LI. I think the author is doing a superb job with that.

It was mentioned that the Evil Mage put a spell on Lucy so she would not want to have sex w the MC. First off Whew and a big thanks to him...lol But at any rate, and please correct me if I'm wrong... Her interactions with the Evil mage started AFTER having issues with her feelings toward the MC. Plus, I'll have to go back and read, didn't his spell simply compel her to come back in 2 days to have sex again? Not necessarily NOT want to have sex with the MC?

So I truly hope the author will let a relationship develop with the sister(s) without the other characters even it turned into a harem game, which I usually love.

Great writing and story so far I'm really enjoying it and hope it doesn't take an extreme amount of time between releases.
Dang....this was too long....sry

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
Interesting thoughts folks are having abt this game. Lots of comments abt NTR.

For the scope of this game, the only thing I personally would consider NTR would be if it were to be with the sisters. I think the author has done a great job, so far, with Ellie and I hope the MC gets to have a love relationship with her and maybe the older sister. As mentioned, there isn't any relationship w Lucy or Mallory and only their lies and use of the MC.

I would like to have a couple more dialogue choices with regards to Lucy and Mallory. They wouldn't have to be ugly retorts, but at least an option to shoot them down especially after they have been lying and withholding info with the MC. It could also be extremely funny after they were talking about driving the MC crazy being sexy and all, if he shot them down somehow or at least didn't come across as some loser standing there w drool puddling up on the floor....

I especially want the option to not have sex w Lucy and prob Mallory as well. If forced to do so it will prob end the game for me. Having said that, I like following Lucy on her trip to the Evil Mage and consider it a dual storyline and not NTR since I don't like her as any type LI. I think the author is doing a superb job with that.

It was mentioned that the Evil Mage put a spell on Lucy so she would not want to have sex w the MC. First off Whew and a big thanks to him...lol But at any rate, and please correct me if I'm wrong... Her interactions with the Evil mage started AFTER having issues with her feelings toward the MC. Plus, I'll have to go back and read, didn't his spell simply compel her to come back in 2 days to have sex again? Not necessarily NOT want to have sex with the MC?

So I truly hope the author will let a relationship develop with the sister(s) without the other characters even it turned into a harem game, which I usually love.

Great writing and story so far I'm really enjoying it and hope it doesn't take an extreme amount of time between releases.
Dang....this was too long....sry
The problem is that it is almost certain that she is an LI and very likely that she will fuck the MC. Unless the DEV sees the shit he did and in the future exclude it from history or make it a pirate parrot.
But I don't think he will waste his time creating someone so "fun" just to be an extra in the game ... so ....

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Well, I have read the ptypoe prateon page:

In this game, as in my previous game, women get similar rights in general to men. To me that just seems fair. This means that if the MC can have casual sex with pretty much anyone, the main female characters can enjoy a bit of variety too.
Continuing with the rights, I want to have the right to send Lucy and Mallory to hell; as well as any other LI that enjoys that variety. Of course I have no interest in seeing those scenes (and I have the right to it). For me, romantically and sexually they are dead, and I want to exercise my right to ignore their corpses.

ptypoe, If you want my feedback: Make the scenes that include potential LIs with characters other than the MC avoidable. Especially if they include the antagonist, or the LIs don't have a boyfriend / husband that justifies the scenes in a romantic way (but, also in this case I suggest that you make the scene avoidable). I don't know if you're going to read this, but I suppose someone can send it to you anyway.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
It is somewhat contradictory to ask for feedback when you have already defined what you want to do. And he has already made his opinion clear and that will be how the game will go.

Like, in the DEV patreon he has already made it clear that he finds it "annoying" that only the MC has sex, he wants LI having sex around, in his definition this is "fun". So if you are just like me, and you don't like the kind of "fun" that DEV talks about, I suggest you move on. If you like it then enjoy it because it looks like it's going to be a plate full of it.

About Lucy, if you look at the pag. of patreon you see that she is a gold level, that is, she is one of the main LI of the game, DEV made her a very "fun" character (DEV's opinion) so he would not put so much effort in just an extra shit, he also speaks somewhere there she is a pesonagem that he had created before and he liked her a lot, so I think it’s unlikely that you can avoid her, and that she also doesn’t "have fun" out there, so .. . Good luck.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It is somewhat contradictory to ask for feedback when you have already defined what you want to do. And he has already made his opinion clear and that will be how the game will go.

Like, in the DEV patreon he has already made it clear that he finds it "annoying" that only the MC has sex, he wants LI having sex around, in his definition this is "fun". So if you are just like me, and you don't like the kind of "fun" that DEV talks about, I suggest you move on. If you like it then enjoy it because it looks like it's going to be a plate full of it.

About Lucy, if you look at the pag. of patreon you see that she is a gold level, that is, she is one of the main LI of the game, DEV made her a very "fun" character (DEV's opinion) so he would not put so much effort in just an extra shit, he also speaks somewhere there she is a pesonagem that he had created before and he liked her a lot, so I think it’s unlikely that you can avoid her, and that she also doesn’t "have fun" out there, so .. . Good luck.
Yes, I think you are right and the best thing is to pass the game.

The only thing to wish the developer good luck.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I was super interested and invested in the story, up to the point where Lucy was hell bent on fucking a dude she never even met. Then looking at the whole thing again, how that scene turned for her, and what are the "good choices" for the main character, it's clear this is a textbook NTR focused game with a rolling along everything doormat main character. The others explained their stance on the whole "equal rights" to which I agree with, but to me, this is isn't about equal rights, it's about wanting to make an NTR game but doesn't have the galls to actually call it that, so you just come up with convoluted explanations and theories why it isn't. Especially when you look at how Lucy's character has been built up. She was obviously intented to be a main, romantic love interest, but she ultimately comes off the type of women who pops out children one after another, where her husband fathered none of them actually.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I was super interested and invested in the story, up to the point where Lucy was hell bent on fucking a dude she never even met. Then looking at the whole thing again, how that scene turned for her, and what are the "good choices" for the main character, it's clear this is a textbook NTR focused game with a rolling along everything doormat main character. The others explained their stance on the whole "equal rights" to which I agree with, but to me, this is isn't about equal rights, it's about wanting to make an NTR game but doesn't have the galls to actually call it that, so you just come up with convoluted explanations and theories why it isn't. Especially when you look at how Lucy's character has been built up. She was obviously intented to be a main, romantic love interest, but she ultimately comes off the type of women who pops out children one after another, where her husband fathered none of them actually.
Best thing is to do what I did, stop playing. It's the devs story to tell. It ain't for me but not every vn is.

Reactions: Lanthander

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Best thing is to do what I did, stop playing. It's the devs story to tell. It ain't for me but not every vn is.
I did. To be fair, there's nothing wrong with wanting to do whatever they want, but they gotta be upfront about it. While there will be still some whiners, if they make it clear from the beginning what's what, that becomes invalid, and the majority that hates the content will just silently avoid it, like I do myself whenever I don't get a sudden "surprise" to my face.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I did. To be fair, there's nothing wrong with wanting to do whatever they want, but they gotta be upfront about it. While there will be still some whiners, if they make it clear from the beginning what's what, that becomes invalid, and the majority that hates the content will just silently avoid it, like I do myself whenever I don't get a sudden "surprise" to my face.
Yeah, but a tag that states ntr is kind of a non surprise.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
My only issue with Lucy's characterization is the fact that, at her home she is asked to have sex with an arrogant evil mage and she says "sounds like fun *giggle*" but when MC shows interest in Mallory 10 minutes later she gets jealous and acts coldly to him.

If she's free to have sex with others, her reaction to the MC comes across as hypocritical.

I don't care that she hasn't done anything with the MC because, as it is stated in the game, while she is attracted to him, there is something about him that she finds scary/unnerving. If he wasn't the Keymaster, they would have already been lovers. Fair enough.

But she is literally going to have sex with someone else and she thinks he's a jerk if he compliments Mallory. That alone makes her not so appealing as a LI.

Last edited:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
My only issue with Lucy's characterization is the fact that, at her home she is asked to have sex with an arrogant evil mage and she says "sounds like fun *giggle*" but when MC shows interest in Mallory 10 minutes later she gets jealous and acts coldly to him.

If she's free to have sex with others, her reaction to the MC comes across as hypocritical.

I don't care that she hasn't done anything with the MC because, as it is stated in the game, while she is attracted to him, there is something about him that she finds scary/unnerving. If he wasn't the Keymaster, they would have already been lovers. Fair enough.

But she is literally going to have sex with someone else and she thinks he's a jerk if he compliments Mallory. That alone makes her not so appealing as a LI.
It's even worse if you put in perspective about what goes down after she does the deed and they visit the MC's house. There she goes in her inner monologue about how she shouldn't talk about openly her fucking the evil mage for funs and giggles, because, it might be bad to say it in front of the sister of the MC, not in front of the guy she's supposedly has feelings for and whom she knows that has feelings for her as well. I mean, hilarious. But I guess this is what happens when you try to recycle a character from a project that already has failed once.

Last edited:

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Well, Definitely not for me. I know the dev says it's not ntr because of "reasons" they are not in a relationship. True. But she is a main love interest, so yeah the mc doesn't feel it's ntr. That doesn't mean the player doesn't see it as ntr. I thought his other games were OK not great but good enough. Once I saw he started a new game I was about to support him on patreon. Unfortunately the content of this game means that I won't. Not saying you shouldn't support him, Definitely if you like it support him. Just not for me, good luck.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

It's even worse if you put in perspective about what goes down after she does the deed and they visit the MC's house. There she goes in her inner monologue about how she shouldn't talk about openly her fucking the evil mage for funs and giggles, because, it might be bad to say it in front of the sister of the MC, not in front of the guy she's supposedly has feelings for and whom she knows that has feelings for her as well. I mean, hilarious. But I guess this is what happens when you try to recycle a character from a project that already has failed once.
Lucy is a LI that I'm not interested in even if this is a harem game.

Luckily we will be able to ignore her romantically, so she can continue her relationship with the antagonist.

Reactions: Sirren

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, I've just played the 0.1 version. And oh the horror, oh the humanity -- the game has female characters with a sex life not exclusively centered around the male protagonist. Actually, I found this a welcome difference to the standard situation.

Unless one is using incel-logic, there isn't any actual NTR in 0.1 and I hope this stays that way.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
So, I've just played the 0.1 version. And oh the horror, oh the humanity -- the game has female characters with a sex life not exclusively centered around the male protagonist. Actually, I found this a welcome difference to the standard situation.

Unless one is using incel-logic, there isn't any actual NTR in 0.1 and I hope this stays that way.
As far as I know, they will maintain their free sex life even when they have a relationship with the MC (that's what I understood from a conversation with Dev), but he doesn't consider it NTR since the MC will also have casual relationships with girls other than his girlfriend. In fact the MC is going to have sex with the LIs even if the player isn't interested in the MC having a romantic relationship with them.

The thing is that you will be able to skip all those scenes, something that I will do for sure. I don't want to see any sex scenes where the MC doesn't have an active main role.

• Haha
Reactions: EZ8lt

Cshep26

Aug 22, 2017
New release V 0.4
Pc
Mac

Hey people,

It’s time for public release of V 0.4 of The Keymaster!

V 0.4 covers another full week of the story, and there’s plenty happening! In terms of new text and images this is the largest release yet, with a wide range of alternative scenes and sub-paths. The game is set up so that if you play through a couple of times you can choose different love interests and unlock different scenes. And there are specific save points at the end of V 0.4 to record which path that save represents.

Anyway, over to you guys to download and play. Hope you enjoy it! Feedback and questions are gratefully received here on my Patreon page.

P

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hermit76 and zixigf

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
Multiple protagonist and NTR I'm guessing it's avoidable since your playing more that one character and making there choices for them don't get me wrong it looks pretty good, but not my cup of tea when you miss out on some content.

Reactions: Arra64
3.10 star(s) 37 Votes