JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
the Uncle? yeah you can get him to 18 actually just 18 content isn't available, you have options now for him go on his own, and Nephew can go on his own
Yes, I have been alternating between each of them going on their own, but I have no new point producing points for the uncle since 9.

OvidiusLian

Jan 28, 2018
Have you check if the same happens with the uncompressed version, because i dont change any code at all.
When does it exactly happen. I normally test the games before uploading. If you can provide more info i know if i must reupload the compression.

Have now put the script.rpy from the compressed and the original to a diffchecker. Both are the same. This must be then a problem on your end or a general problem with the game.
I have not used on the uncompressed version.

I'm a python developer, my knowledge of renpy workings is less than ideal, but in an educated guess
Code:
# ch1.rpy
label ch1Flags:
    # ...
    $ mp = 0
    # ...
label ch1Morning:
   if mp > 0:
      #...
is only defined if the label is called. If is python direct translation
Code:
def ch1Flags():
   global mp
   # ...
   mp = 0 # assign 0 variable mp in global scope
def ch1Morning():
   if mp > 0: # mp does not exist in ch1Morning scope if we do not call ch1Flags() first, will return NameError: name 'mp' is not defined

def ch1Morning():
   ch1Flags()
   if mp > 0: # mp exists because it was called first, but we want to keep state across other labels, if calling every single time is going to reset

def try_to_read_before_before_defining():
   global not_in_global
   not_in_global = not_in_global + 1 # NameError: name 'not_in_global' is not defined
From a read of it should be default instead of define in my fix, no need for init:.
So, for my 2 cents of renpy, I suggest you declare variables using default, that way you ensure that they are defined.

Last edited:

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
I swore I had fixed this issue...

This happened a few weeks ago when people were starting the game from saves from the earliest versions. It can be solved by starting the game again. Sorry about the inconvenience, there's probably an issue with some leftover variables I'm not catching.

OvidiusLian

Jan 28, 2018
I swore I had fixed this issue...

This happened a few weeks ago when people were starting the game from saves from the earliest versions. It can be solved by starting the game again. Sorry about the inconvenience, there's probably an issue with some leftover variables I'm not catching.
No problem at all, inconvenient is when the files are only in rpyc, the simplest way to fix is just use the default (not the define like i did) when defining a variable and let renpy do all the smart work.

Sniperviper6

Feb 23, 2022
man.... at first this game seemed kind of interesting but seeing as everyone in the thread and apparently the dev likes to shit on the mc ill pass. Sure satoshi has got issues he needs to work on (personality wise (like most ntr mc) but fuck he hasnt been given the chance to be redeemable. Mary hasnt even tried to talk shit out with him shes just like every other slut in alot of ntrs antag has bick dick therefore superior i guess, dont even matter that hes old or her boyfriends uncle litterally could replace any male with a big dick and she would gladly sit on it, probably wouldnt even have to be human.
typical ntr story. make the mc as dumb and unlikeable as possible. Rinse and repeat for every ntr story. Makes the ntr easier to happen without having to think about anything at all. I wonder when an author will finally make an mc that is entirely capable and actually uses his brain in these ntr stories for a change?

LordUlrich

May 16, 2020
From Erina HJ 1 to Satoshi DS 2 I can't figure out to unlock, also suck at lvl 19 manliness. Feels like a small misstep makes you miss content and you have no way to go back and get it without starting over.

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Alright, I realized what is going on. It's a problem with trying to replay the massage and swimsuit scenes if you start from the beginning, since it'll launch you straight into the middle of the 2nd Act without letting you see anything else from the first.

Copy and paste the following folder wherever you have the game and replace the files it asks to. Or just don't replay any scenes through the pool or beach.

I swear this is the last time this happens. I have a better grasp of how to handle these variables now.

jaden000

May 30, 2020
Alright, I realized what is going on. It's a problem with trying to replay the massage and swimsuit scenes if you start from the beginning, since it'll launch you straight into the middle of the 2nd Act without letting you see anything else from the first.

Copy and paste the following folder wherever you have the game and replace the files it asks to. Or just don't replay any scenes through the pool or beach.

I swear this is the last time this happens. I have a better grasp of how to handle these variables now.
The goat with the instant fix (y)

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017

That fixed it nicely. The story makes more sense now with this fix. I like the game. I'll look forward to future updates. Thanks for getting it fixed quickly. I would also like to add that it's so tiring to hear complainers of ntr complain when the game is clearly tagged as such. If you don't like ntr do not play the game.

Reactions: jaden000
4.00 star(s) 54 Votes