Emptyplanet

Dec 5, 2020
This game genre was born from the Japanese genre Netorare, which in Europe and America is simply called NTR and which, of course, is not at all like the original source. Among the Japanese, the hero of this genre is, first of all, a woman who is cheating on her husband and the second hero is her lover, and the whole story is about their relationship (Mary and Kendo). A deceived husband, boyfriend, groom usually does not participate anywhere and actively appears only at the end, learning the whole truth. Europe, for some reason, pulls the deceived guy into the heroes of history, staining him with all the shit. The end of the Netorare story is always bad, because there is no reason to rejoice at all this. But the European vision, as often happens, spoils everything and therefore stupid husbands and grooms appear because of which poor women are forced to run on other people's penises and at the end of the story their deceived partners for some reason end up in shit and the whores themselves are only victims of stupid husbands and grooms, which is unprofitable distinguishes the European NTR from the Japanese original Netorare. In this story, Satoshi is certainly not a hero, and his relationship with Mary and Kendo of course should end badly, but it's more interesting for the promotion to drag him by the ears into this shit and cause strong emotions in the players, which is beneficial for PR, nothing personal, just business.
Who

Euma

Dec 19, 2017
How to trigger the dream sequence continuation?
I already tried going home with satoshi at night and the sleep option doesn't do anything?
Is the continuation the one with the hidden blowjob after the dream? or is it something new entirely?

Kysky

Nov 22, 2020
man.... at first this game seemed kind of interesting but seeing as everyone in the thread and apparently the dev likes to shit on the mc ill pass. Sure satoshi has got issues he needs to work on (personality wise (like most ntr mc) but fuck he hasnt been given the chance to be redeemable. Mary hasnt even tried to talk shit out with him shes just like every other slut in alot of ntrs antag has bick dick therefore superior i guess, dont even matter that hes old or her boyfriends uncle litterally could replace any male with a big dick and she would gladly sit on it, probably wouldnt even have to be human.
I think it is a bit more "complex" than that. There's infinitely more chemistry between Mary and the Uncle than with Satoshi. And the character development clearly wants to legitimate the relationship between Mary and the Uncle :
- Mary is outgoing, just like the Uncle.(Satoshi is kind of an introvert)
- Mary loves sport, just like the Uncle (Satoshi seems to be more of a culture guy)
- Mary loves to drink, just like the Uncle (Satoshi doesn't seem to like partying)
- Mary likes kinky stuff, just like the Uncle (Satoshi is more reserved)
- Satoshi spends the whole early game in criticizing and being condescending with his Uncle, and barely thanked him for the trip, while Mary was really grateful.
-The Uncle shows interest to Mary and pretty much convince her to talk about the problems with Satoshi (also because Satoshi doesn't seem to show much interest to Mary except by braging to himself that he has a hot girlfriend). And the Uncle gives genuine and attentive advices to Mary for things to work with Satoshi.
-Mary also give attention to the Uncle, she is pretty much the only character he can talk about his past, and each time he is getting caught by Satoshi, the nephew pretty much calls for bullshit....

In the end, Mary and Satoshi don't share much, and don't forget their story is everyting but a rich one. They know each other for a little amount of time, and basically decided to go out because Mary found Satoshi cute and helped her with her homework... It is not like they are a couple for years and childhood friends or stuff like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xaky

blacktag222

Jun 21, 2020
In reality, I also like Kento more as a hero, but then why write at the beginning of the game that Satoshi and Mary are in love, why drag him into intimate scenes. Why make him a nephew? Especially since the uncle, allegedly seducing the nephew's girlfriend, obviously looks bad, is he not just some kind of relative, but the brother of Satoshj's father? And how will he then explain everything to his brother? He doesn't care about them all, the main thing is to fuck the girl? In a relationship between two close people, the one who deceives is always wrong. Let there be other faces, for example, in the scenes with Mary, let the spectator Joshi, and in the scenes with Natsuki, let Satoshi catch them. Let the girls be afraid that their partners will be told about their intrigues with Kendo. And immediately humiliation and impotence disappears, and fear and vicious attraction remain. It seems to me that the intrigue arises from the fear of exposure, and not from the opportunity to laugh at the village fool who does not understand anything. I'm a little offended that, from a fun game, a bad sediment remains.

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
Ummm because im a man... Its literally our god given instinct to procreate with as many females as possible. Thats why kings and emperors and sultans had a shit ton of wives because men love the conquest of having any woman they desire. Not a very difficult concept to understand. If the opportunity presents itself we cheat.. It doesnt mean we dont love our girlfriend or that we even like the girl we cheat with we just do it because its natural to do so. And to what you said about the friend having no morality that is wrong. The friend DOES have morals because he/she is willing to put themselves in an uncomfortable situation and put themselves on the line to protect their friend. That is the highest possible form of morality.

And to answer your question about Mary. Satoshi is not giving her what she needs as a woman. Thats the only encouragement she needs. If a man cant meet the needs of a woman she will find somebody who can. They might stick around for a little while and give the man a chance to get his act together but if he doesnt appear to have the desire to do so she will go elsewhere.
Lad's been cooking in the NTR threads for too long lmao

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
i was kinda on the fence if i should play the game but i read a recommendation on a thread for netori-games saying netori is the bigger focus so i will pick it up. have high expektations considering the praise

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
i was kinda on the fence if i should play the game but i read a recommendation on a thread for netori-games saying netori is the bigger focus so i will pick it up. have high expektations considering the praise
It starts with a focus on netorare but later also focuses on netori since it became more interesting. But the narration switches POVs between the two protagonists a lot, so there's quite a bit of content on both sides of the fence. Hope you enjoy!

As for people asking for a new public release... next week, since I just came back home and I've got to pick up the project from where I left.

Last edited:

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
Now is netori, netorase or NTR game?
not only one of them, you are switching the view of which chara you play as. the beginning has a stronger focus on NTR while it gets a stronger netori focus (which is a great thing). there is maybe even netorase in the horizon even as there are 2 characters which are open to get their SO stolen (well 1 of them is developing his preferences as we all know).
the dialog is written extremly well (tho as we all are humans there are a few typos but nothing bad).
just played it & can very much recommend

Reactions: Mythrs and mbmn

Emptyplanet

Dec 5, 2020
Now is netori, netorase or NTR game?
Netori from one perspective
NTR from the other
But with the later chapters we're also treated to a netorase couple - which sparks emotions in the MC, which who knows where that will lead.

Cadeon

Nov 23, 2018
does anyone have a save past ML 21/22 because the game is not counting some events like the kendo without mary beach and lounge area

Aug 30, 2022
The King of Summer [v0.2.3 public] [No Try Studios] – Compressed

- Tested Windows 11

- Tested macOS Ventura

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 54 Votes