Ren'Py The Land of Arabasta [v0.2] [Syphax Studio]

Apr 2, 2023
"You can now use the map in the upper left corner." *Clicks all over upper left hand side of screen, clicks everywhere on screen* Like the Matrix 'There is no spoon' there is no map to click.

Yass4Fake

Arabasta is a nightmare
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2019
"You can now use the map in the upper left corner." *Clicks all over upper left hand side of screen, clicks everywhere on screen* Like the Matrix 'There is no spoon' there is no map to click.
Check the reply above you i sent two screenshots to show where you can find the icon and sorry for this problem

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Yass4Fake The story needs a LOT of work. You're switching tenses from past to present during the same scene; you're switching person from 1st ("I"), to 2nd ("You") to 3rd ("him") in the same scene/dialogue sequence. There are gaps in the dialogue and it's almost infantile in it's progression. There are also several spelling errors. The graphics/renders also need a lot of work. Remember that this is an adult site, so in many (not all) cases the story may take a backseat to renders. In other cases it's the reverse. In this case they are both not good so you have some work to do.

I found the map icon for the sandbox mode, but it took a while because it was hidden in a really poor render/poor lighting within a render. The textbox is too opaque (IMO) and overly obtrusive and the colours you use to indicate the characters are hidden against the colour of the textbox.

Sorry if I sound harsh and I understand you're now starting but there are other games like that as well and they have better renders and/or stories. Also I think you 'missed the boat' a bit at the beginning where the search for the crypt was involved. I think we should have been taken along for the ride in the actual search as opposed to just having to read poor text.

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

Yass4Fake

Arabasta is a nightmare
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2019
Yass4Fake The story needs a LOT of work. You're switching tenses from past to present during the same scene; you're switching person from 1st ("I"), to 2nd ("You") to 3rd ("him") in the same scene/dialogue sequence. There are gaps in the dialogue and it's almost infantile in it's progression. There are also several spelling errors. The graphics/renders also need a lot of work. Remember that this is an adult site, so in many (not all) cases the story may take a backseat to renders. In other cases it's the reverse. In this case they are both not good so you have some work to do.

I found the map icon for the sandbox mode, but it took a while because it was hidden in a really poor render/poor lighting within a render. The textbox is too opaque (IMO) and overly obtrusive and the colours you use to indicate the characters are hidden against the colour of the textbox.

Sorry if I sound harsh and I understand you're now starting but there are other games like that as well and they have better renders and/or stories. Also I think you 'missed the boat' a bit at the beginning where the search for the crypt was involved. I think we should have been taken along for the ride in the actual search as opposed to just having to read poor text.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the game with me i will try my best to improve the writing on the next update but for the rendering my pc has a poor performance and its hard to make anything good so i cut alot of text to fit simpler renders

Yass4Fake

Arabasta is a nightmare
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2019

And actually there is nothing harsh about your comment if i had to rate my game i would say that
Renders : 1/5
Dialogues: 2/5
Story : 4/5

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

NZBigAl

Aug 9, 2021
Thank you. I cannot read the text at the beginning without a magnifying glass. Would it be possible to use a darker font?

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
While I like the look and concept, I also struggle to enjoy it due to difficulties. I managed to darken the spoken text to make id visable, MC's name was also not very visable. Map icon needs a tuneup as well, I can only see it from a few inches. Maybe make it in 2 colors and use the one most appropriate for the main image?

I'm putting this one on hold, will check back after the next update. Good luck, it has promise.