Unity - The Last Barbarian [v0.9.32] [Viktor Black]

1. 3.00 star(s)

FartingRainbows

For version v0.8.3
    I was going to write all the positives and negatives, but the list would be too long and I didn't write down the names of the areas, and I didn't want to be here for an hour writing most of the things that is positive and some things that are negative.

romantjc

I really love this game a lot. I's a bit confusing at first because everything unlocked (I can use the menu to travel to all places) but after playing for a while I understand the game mechanic.

The game has many good stuff, a lot of unique sex scenes, positions, hot looking character and quite good game play and story line. The graphic and Unity engine is very good and nice enough.

This game will be a lot better if at the end of each sense has cum shot, creampie, also has more gang bang and rough sex. But the game still haven't completed yet so I hope we'll see all of them in the future releases.

Some guys said the WildLife game is much better but I total disagree about that. I played that game for couple of hours and I feel it's really boring, no story line, no game play at all, just amazing graphic and sex. I think Viktor Black can make this game far better if he get as much money as Wild life team from patreon community.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

TheFeydakin

I enjoyed this alot, been playing it for a couple of days. I thought I'd found all the scenes. Then low and behold 3 more scenes in Noria's Tavern. There is a lot of sex many varied partners for your Barbarian. The Combat is simple but needs practice with timing. Killing the Troll was tricky at first. I like cum inflation in some scenes and pregnancy scenes. I particularily the Orc pregnant anal scene. Good stuff and you don't need to worry about saving GoR resurrects your character. A lot of fun
  4. 5.00 star(s)

grobulos

For me an excelent Game, fight game ( i love That!!! )

Gameplay; simple easy and funny. Get fucked for resurrection , hahaha nice. You slay others, some of your annemy attack you, others disturb you without dmg. small little bugs but nothing important. 4 Stars, only because some stupid Enemies

Animation, Grafics; WOW, your player is perfect made, sexscenes too. no doubt 5 stars

Story; some Weirdness, but good, i like it 4 Stars

At the End i give 5 Stars because the dev give me some options to visit every place, and ressurection for fucking is nice. i love the idea. good work
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Htyur

Pros: Female model is nice.
    Animations are good and varied.
    It is constantly getting updated.
    There is actually game play.
    Ton of hentai scenes.
    No game overs.

Cons: Combat can be buggy.
    You can clearly tell it is not made by a huge team.
    Wish the main model had more customization options. (Face, hair colour, pubic hair so on.)

This game is a hidden gem. Do give it a try.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Pogo123

played a bit. walk is amazing, face is cute and boobs physics are on point. great graphics! animations seem far from finished. you can see borders on ger and some human guys bodies. her moaning looks scary with that wide open mouth.
    i am no fan of her hairstyle tbh. the waitress looks imo prettier even she is an npc and pregnant. i like that you dont go for oversized dicks, but some seem to small for the animations.
    the goblin sex poses are too few. only blowjob and doggy (and there is much doggy in this game)

respawntimer is too early. you leave a room and all are respawned.

this game has amazing potential! keep it up!!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

IMayBeBlindBro

So I have played the ever living hell out of this game, I have done every conceivable thing that I could think of and have tried everything the game has to offer. So here is an honest and comprehensive review.

Pros
    -The sex scenes are fucking amazing, they are hot as hell and they are well animated
    -Most of the character animations are done amazingly well, especially since this game was made by one dude.
    -The game isn't that buggy, in my experience at least, unity games tend to bug the hell out. But this surprisingly doesn't aside from the tentacles going haywire once or twice the game runs smoothly.
    -The game is pretty easy to run, my shitty computer could run it at a smooth 40 fps with nearly no dips in frame rate.

Cons
    - The gameplay, especially the combat are pretty bad. Most enemies can be beaten easily and the same goes for the player character, you can get stunlocked and die. The combat mechanics need to be changed.
    - The camera, especially the first person view, are not the best. You cant zoom in and out, the first person camera in one of the levels had more shake than a micheal bay film
    - Inconsistent animation quality, some animations are done amazingly well everything from the facial animation to the way the rest of the body moves is damn near perfect, others make the character model look like a lifeless doll.

All in all a solid game that I think we should support,especially if the developer continues to keep consistently updating the game and clearly communicating with his patreons.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

zoneitorboneit

This is great as far as combat games go. Not only when you die, do you get to get to restart right where the death occured without starting from the beginning, but the dev also included cheats in the main menu for everyone.

Gameplay wise, there is an interesting plot that is being really fleshed out with each update. I won't say much otherwise I might spoil it for those who care. The graphics are amazing and really tie everything together.

The combat is fluid and not clunky, albeit quite basic however no one on this site comes to play a combat game with 20 moves.

There is a ton of sex scenes hidden in every nook and cranny aside from those with the enemy upon death. It's what really stands out about this game.

TL;DR
    + tons of uniqe sex scenes
    + great graphics
    +good combat
    +Great story with plot twists
    + Comes with cheats for health, money and teleporation so no saving is needed

- No dev room yet to see all of the animations
    - No invincibility cheat
    -No teleport cheats to the other locations in the last 2 updates of writing this post
  9. 1.00 star(s)

DKOC

Reasons:
    1. Combat is terrible. There is no dodging, blocking, backstepping, kicks, punches or alternative attacks to axes. You cannot attack without your axes. There are screenshots showing the player dodging and kicking... you cannot do that yet. Often it is better to just let your foe defeat you, rape you and then resurrect... as the foe disappears after raping you. It is impossible to negate or reduce incoming damage to you, other than stun-locking your opponent and killing it before it hits you. There is no healing or health regeneration, so once you take damage, it is permanent until you get raped. Boss fights are impossible as if they defeat you, you have to redo the entire fight.

2. It uses animations over actual physics, to make breasts or penis bounce. Buttocks has no animations or bounce. Hair doesn't bounce or move. If I wanted animations in a game, I'd go back to Skyrim and use BBP. Use physics or don't bother at all.

3. There is no tutorial and the map can be a bit mazelike at times. Also there is no map to check direction and no compass indicating direction either. Once you get lost, it is hard to get unlost.

4. The gallery, which isn't in Cultist edition, doesn't have a list of ingame animations, but some pre-rendered stuff. The actual animations you encounter ingame, cannot be seen unless you encounter them ingame.

5. Movement is clunky. There is only one sound for footsteps, whether barefoot or not, and the sounds doesn't correspond to actual times when your feet connect with the ground. You cannot crouch, sneak, jump, roll, backflip, dodge, or climb.

It may be good later, but as of 0.7, it isn't very good.

EDIT: I'll be trying out the latest build (0.9.9.1) and see what has changed, improved or stayed the same since the last time I played it (0.7.0).

1. Combat is still terrible. Nothing has changed in the two years. It is still better to just let your opponent defeat you and then revive, rather than fight. After all, a naked orc can take 8 axe hits to the crotch, but you can only take 5 punches to the face. Explain to me how that works?

2. Still uses animations over physics. I know Unity can handle physics, but there is no intent to do so.

3. There still is no tutorial and the map is still quite mazelike and easy to get lost in.

4. There is no gallery option, that would allow you to see all the various animations and poses. Rather the game forces you to "play" to see it. That wouldn't be bad, if the gameplay was good and enjoyable, but it isn't.

5. Movement is still clunky and the camera controls for sex are inverted.

6. The animations themselves are decent enough loops, and she does has decent voice clips. Probably the only saving grace of the entire game.

Overall, in the past 2 years, no improvements have come to the UI, combat, movement, or other gameplay related systems. And as there is no gallery option, its a torture to play. Its a shame, I had high hopes for this one, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Now if this was an interactive novel, without the combat system and clunky movement, it might be a decent experience, worth playing. But until that happens, I advise playing something else and ignoring these fanboys with 5 star reviews ignoring how bad the gameplay is.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

LYUDIII ╰(>益<)╯

Hey Folks, if you have struggle reading the whole review, I will put my points at the end :).
    I will give this game 5 stars which means excellent and by that I want to say that this game gives us opportunity to control a female character which for my standarts is really sexy, if you have seen videos of the game, it is simillar to other games with vikings and killing monsters but without the fun part. The graphics are smooth, not the best which is great for low PCs like mine and overall it could be really well made in the future with many new poses, monsters and a gallery for those like me who want the fun part.
    The points (I will keep the points from 1 to 5 so I do not have hard time to think how much why should I give to specific thing)

Animations: 2/5
    Poses: 3/5
    Story: 3/5
    Graphics: 4/5
    Fetishes: 5/5
    Sex: 4/5
    Difficulty: Moderate

Overall: 4,2/5 = Good (1=Terrible, 2=Poor, 3=Average, 4=Good, 5=Excellent)
  11. 4.00 star(s)

TugaCel

The game is great, I wish there were more games like this, of this style I mean, 3D, rape/corruption with or not just with battle loss.

Controls take awhile to get used to, but after you do get used to them it just gets easier, if you're having difficulties with some enemies, you can just run away from them and keep going to the next areas, or pull them and kill them one by one.

I hope the Dev implements some way to customize controls, I really prefer to play with the arrow keys, I also hope to see the gallery re-implemented again, the one from the 1st demo, great images.
    At the moment, I only had difficulties with the Troll boss yet.

Looking forward to the next update.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

mercury

A bare-bones Dark Souls wannabe, that is just controllable enough to be incredibly frustrating. Long uninterruptible animations, annoying input buffering, locking on to enemies half-way across the map, all included.

As far as the erotic content... maybe there was more, but I could not bear to play past the first few rooms. It was minimal and hardly worth it.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

rhev

Interesting idea, lovingly rendered, with a just a hint of a good bit of what's to come. Unfortunately where this game falls down terribly is the control mechanism. While the game references dark souls style play, what makes dark souls the amazing game it is, is it's combat. There's just no control to TLB unfortunately. No roll animation or any sense of being able avoid your opponent's hits. You can get through the demo by simply knowing the timing of the three enemies attacks and trading your life for theirs. But this doesn't feel like combat in any way. Further more while you can rotate the camera freely, your character attacks in whatever direction she is facing, which feels very counter intuitive and clunky.

I think for a lewd game there could be some potential here down the road if the author focuses on tightening the control scheme up. But for now as of the demo, I'd give it a pass. You're not missing out on much.