congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Honestly, I don't see the usage of save editors and walkthroughs as a bad thing, especially if you're going to take Chycreus's example and see things from an in-universe perspective. After all, if one has the power to to good (e.g. give yourself a billion ProN to invest in worthy causes, or causes that help Simon's efforts to stabilize the world), it is your moral duty to perform those actions :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LurkerFrontCenter

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
After all, if one has the power to to good (e.g. give yourself a billion ProN to invest in worthy causes, or causes that help Simon's efforts to stabilize the world), it is your moral duty to perform those actions :p
Don't know how, but I managed to click between the smileys and then on "Post Reply" without noticing I hadn't included ;) at the end:FacePalm:

imhelping!

Nov 1, 2018
I'm actually a little surprised SL hasn't put in a "you have a suspicious amount of PRON so I am going to snark at you" switch yet.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
I know there's one bit early on where you're called out if you try to invest in the Yhilin mine early, any more?

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I'm actually a little surprised SL hasn't put in a "you have a suspicious amount of PRON so I am going to snark at you" switch yet.
a legit playthrough focus in pron return can have an absurd amount of pron in the last return (and nearly nothing to invest in).
early in the game was simple check for edited pron (and sx) amount, now it isn't the same.

I know there's one bit early on where you're called out if you try to invest in the Yhilin mine early, any more?
stineford bank in the first section of chapter 2.

thedoubleyew

Mar 4, 2018
Well boys, I committed a sin and decided to use a save editor because I lost my original save.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When you stop and look, there is an absolutely ABSURD amount of variables and switches. I asked Sierra about it earlier and they said one of the reasons for the planned "ending" being where it is, is that if it kept going the game would hit the hard limit on switches which is 10k or some other asinine number. The fact that Sierra can keep track of it all is mind-boggling, considering that afaik there's no spreadsheet or anything, most of it is memory.

I don't even care about the sex scenes and skip most. I'm in it for the long haul to see how far along decisions change everything. There's nothing else like this.

ralchemilla

Jul 21, 2020
goshh.. i loved how during the prologue.. especially the scenes with the 'false' protagonist were soooo cute, and the way he simply died >:3 such a twist~

Reactions: person097

Samǣl

Jun 7, 2018
If I'm being honest, I think the best thing to do for a first timer is to just play without guides, and enjoy the story. Don't let yourself be distracted by minmaxing. It's really not fun unless you know what you are doing, instead of just making decisions because some guy on the internet told you. You will make countless mistakes. But all those mistakes are something you can fix in your second walkthrough, where you understand all the choices and their consequences.
Oh I'm not a first timer playing the game, I just haven't replayed in a while like a good
few months and any time I go to restart I can't find the same drive I used to have. I'm
used to complexity but with all the decisions you have to make and the lasting effects
in some cases, I came looking for guides or advice. I know and recall a few things which
are somewhat set in stone for my playthroughs, even started my own list of better
investments or which had the better effects come the long run. But then I got distracted
by other things and coming back for me to anything I once played is somewhat hard :LOL:

I used different walkthroughs the first two times I played, recalled choices the next
two, and even following the walkthroughs to the letter didn't have the guaranteed
results some had claimed. For example my investment returns and my paper money
I was initially awarded right at the start was well under, which confused me because
even allowing for marginal errors it shouldn't have been that far off.

But gratitude to you and to the other person for actually responding. It's true, if you
play through several times you can understand every choice better and find the best
results for yourself. Unfortunately for me usually unless theres a sudden need to restart
due to a new code or change in the games update, I never restart. I play to obtain and
experience everything, hence why I also look at walkthroughs in case some of my decisions
will fuck me over in the longest run. Some decisions I made actually myself and most I then
found out were the best decisions I could have. Like not Whoring out Qum. That was a no
brainer for me. The extra cash coulda been useful but the lasting effects despite her being
I believe the easiest one to maximise, were not really worth it for me.

But gratitude again. It's always good to get some information from more veteran people,
even if I myself am a veteran I have been outta the game for a while :LOL: you're right
about the whole not focusing on minmaxing and enjoying the game or finding it interesting
for myself. However if I found out I missed scenes which I could have obtained to gain
a boost or just a scene I didn't wanna miss, I'd have been completely tempted to nuke my
hours of work :LOL:

ralchemilla

Jul 21, 2020
oddly.. the more i play, the more i feel that our protagonist resembles the Goblin Slayer in some peculiar manner, they both have a singular purpose that drives their every action, and exhibits stoic mannerisms towards everyone :eek:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: falafelswoop

RayBar

May 12, 2020
Sorry if this was asked before but which one am i supposed to download? Win or Win RTP? i don't know what RTP means...i am going to play this on my home pc with Win 10.Thanks.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Sorry if this was asked before but which one am i supposed to download? Win or Win RTP? i don't know what RTP means...i am going to play this on my home pc with Win 10.Thanks.
If you don't know what RTP means download the version with RTP in its name.

Longer explanation: RTP is the run time package for the RPG Maker engine. You can download the RTP separately and install it so that every RPG Maker game can access those files (sprites, backgrounds, sounds etc.).
If you don't have the separate package installed you'll need to download the game containing all necessary files itself because it can't access any pre-installed shared resources.

Reactions: L30 and Snugglepuff

RayBar

May 12, 2020
If you don't know what RTP means download the version with RTP in its name.

Longer explanation: RTP is the run time package for the RPG Maker engine. You can download the RTP separately and install it so that every RPG Maker game can access those files (sprites, backgrounds, sounds etc.).
If you don't have the separate package installed you'll need to download the game containing all necessary files itself because it can't access any pre-installed shared resources.
Okay i will go with the RTP version then.Thanks a lot bro!

ralchemilla

Jul 21, 2020
how is the development cycle so far? any news on their state of the game? is there plans for a final release anytime soon? any news from their patreon page?

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
how is the development cycle so far? any news on their state of the game? is there plans for a final release anytime soon? any news from their patreon page?
The game progresses linearly, and as such, each new update adds a new story section. The creator works pretty fast, and adds around 1 hour of content every month, or every second month.
There are 5 "chapters" in the game's story, and we have recently reached the 5th and final chapter, which will also be the longest one according to the creator. There is currently about 50-60 hours of content, none of it grindy and with high replayability.
The final release is likely at least a year away, maybe even two, but I would definitely recommend playing now either way.

4.40 star(s) 177 Votes