RPGM - Completed - The Legend Of Yashi [v1.0] [One Heroic Man Studio]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Techno11244

This is one of my fave games, probably for the wrong reasons. I found the absurdity charming, funny, and inspiring. The models and animations are sexy, the game doesn't loop them though. I recommend playing it. It does really well at character design and also creativity. The writing, plot direction, and bugs is where it falls apart, but I like how it does improve towards the end even if it's still far from perfect.
    The right way to play this is to embrace the flaws imo. It's 2-3 hours long

I genuinely had a good time. It's flaws are due to time constraints but I can see the time and dedication that was put into this regardless.

I recommend that you save in a way that you'll know what to do next when you load the save. I also suggest watching the videos through the game files directly for better performance and to also make them loop.

Even though you can jack off, the quality is not the best, don't get your hopes too high. It does get better but it's still not going to be the best.
    Edit: Basically, "so bad it's good"
  2. 1.00 star(s)

humanstickobserver

Rushed story with bad writing, and broken gameplay.

You're a man, you're having sex. Oh no, you've been killed! Now you're a girl in prison. You have a dick! Thank God you remember that girl's life. Everything makes sense to you. Time to buy a mansion!

That is the intro to the game. In almost as many words, and almost as much detail, as the game gives you, itself. Everything is rushed. Everything is glossed over.

So, what about gameplay? Bugs.
    So, here is what you're supposed to do when you get to the first town:
    Talk to the barkeeper. Buy a house. Talk to the barkeeper again about getting a maid. Get told to go to the castle. At the castle get told you have to have intel worth the king's time to be let in. Leave. Overhear a conversation from thugs who want to break in and kidnap the princess. Investigate their plan. Visit the castle with intel. Somehow you thwart the thugs and one ends up in your basement dungeon. Visit the alchemist. Buy a bimbofying potion. Feed it to your prisoner which turns them into a girl. Literally fuck them to death and burn their body to dispose of evidence. Visit the castle again. Have the king threaten your life for witchcraft because you... visited a shop he allows to be open in his own city? Leave the castle. Find the princess through the thug's tunnel, and fuck her.

Here's what happened in my playthrough:
    New in town. Check buildings. Walk into alchemist's shop. Talk to shopkeep, and see items. Expensive and I have no use for it, so I leave. As I leave, MC says "I can use this on that thug now," which meant nothing at the time. I have the item despite not paying for it.
    I go to the bar, find out about house, buy it, and thus is in the basement. I fuck him to death. Go back to bar about the maid, get told to go to the castle. Told I need intel. Overhear the thug's conversation, check their plans, and go to castle with the intel. King calls me a witch for going to the alchemy store. Princess thanks me and tells me to find her. I can't access the tunnel to her, so that's not happening.

I mean, that isn't "buggy." That's out-and-out broken. Combine that with the bad writing and transforming someone into a girl so I can literally rape them to death, and to say this game deserves 1 star is VASTLY overstating it's quality.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

darkpyre

Poor pacing that results in bad dialogue, and poorly designed maps that are too symmetrical and have too much going on and with items in illogical places, (why would all that gold be in the armory) and far too zoomed out.