4.70 star(s) 54 Votes

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
Find it weird how I have found more interesting character interactions out of smut filled fanfics as of late than most movies games and shows. Does it have something to do with the post-nut clarity?
yea. its kinda weird in a unironic way

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Find it weird how I have found more interesting character interactions out of smut filled fanfics as of late than most movies games and shows. Does it have something to do with the post-nut clarity?
The moment we stop consuming mainstream stuff for a moment, (for example, playing a random 2D nsfw game, or reading fanfics) we start noticing how much we can enjoy stuff when nobody is shouting to your ear how much it actually sucks, or is bad or anything.
Nowadays almost everything that is supposed to be good "by default" (mainstream, professional stuff) is bad... 50% of the time because it is actually bad, and the other 50% it LOOKS like its bad just because people don't shut up or straight up lie.
Recently I played and completed Death Stranding for the first time, trying to ignore all the "it's just a walking simulator" crowd. I enjoyed it so fucking much, man...

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
It's because most movies, games, and shows are being put out by activists trying to indoctrinate you with their personal ideologies instead of entertaining you.

RustyHorseman

Dec 4, 2019
The moment we stop consuming mainstream stuff for a moment, (for example, playing a random 2D nsfw game, or reading fanfics) we start noticing how much we can enjoy stuff when nobody is shouting to your ear how much it actually sucks, or is bad or anything.
Nowadays almost everything that is supposed to be good "by default" (mainstream, professional stuff) is bad... 50% of the time because it is actually bad, and the other 50% it LOOKS like its bad just because people don't shut up or straight up lie.
Recently I played and completed Death Stranding for the first time, trying to ignore all the "it's just a walking simulator" crowd. I enjoyed it so fucking much, man...
I feel you man, I like some pretty "crappy" games and movies (Drone tactics, Overlord 1/2, Bioshock 2, Star Wars Prequels to name a few). After I finally accepted that player 2's opinion does not matter in a single player game, thing got alot more fun.

jjwolf272

Feb 18, 2021
I feel you man, I like some pretty "crappy" games and movies (Drone tactics, Overlord 1/2, Bioshock 2, Star Wars Prequels to name a few). After I finally accepted that player 2's opinion does not matter in a single player game, thing got alot more fun.
Overlord as in the Anime/LN? Cuz that shit slaps

seriolover

Jun 16, 2017
I guess fanmade games have far bigger liberties in writtign and execution, compared to investor controlled media.

Also let's not be dillusional 90% of the stuff posted on this site isn't too fancy either.

Alex(GoD)

May 1, 2022
My Russian translation for version 0.2.1 is complete!
Here's what I've translated:

• Partial translation of the computer interface and map:
    • game\Script\Always\Computer.rpy
    • game\Script\Always\Sandbox House.rpy
  • Full translation of Chapter 2:
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_1.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_2.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_3.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_4.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_5.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_6.rpy
  • Translation of the new codex:
    • game\Script\Engine\newcodex.rpy
  • Translation of map events:
    • game\Script\Free roam\drawing.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lana_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\leni_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lisa_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lola_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lori_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\luan_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\luna_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lynn_fr.rpy
Important Notes:
  • This is not a professional translation, but it is decent and playable.
  • I am not familiar with the translation of Chapter 1, so there may be discrepancies in terms, names and names of establishments/shops.
  • The Android version is unsigned and has only been tested on Android 9. For a working version on Android 11+, you will need to manually add the translated files to the original APK (using 7zip) and rebuild & sign it yourself.
  • The translation was done by overwriting the original English files, not by adding new Russian language files.

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
My Russian translation for version 0.2.1 is complete!
Here's what I've translated:

• Partial translation of the computer interface and map:
    • game\Script\Always\Computer.rpy
    • game\Script\Always\Sandbox House.rpy
  • Full translation of Chapter 2:
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_1.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_2.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_3.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_4.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_5.rpy
    • game\Script\Chapter2\ch2_6.rpy
  • Translation of the new codex:
    • game\Script\Engine\newcodex.rpy
  • Translation of map events:
    • game\Script\Free roam\drawing.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lana_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\leni_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lisa_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lola_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lori_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\luan_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\luna_fr.rpy
    • game\Script\Free roam\lynn_fr.rpy
Important Notes:
  • This is not a professional translation, but it is decent and playable.
  • I am not familiar with the translation of Chapter 1, so there may be discrepancies in terms, names and names of establishments/shops.
  • The Android version is unsigned and has only been tested on Android 9. For a working version on Android 11+, you will need to manually add the translated files to the original APK (using 7zip) and rebuild & sign it yourself.
  • The translation was done by overwriting the original English files, not by adding new Russian language files.
PC version (0.2.1)
Apk (9 android Test Work)
Rus files for manual APK rebuild (For Android 11+)
Rus files for PC
That's great! it's machine translated or manual?
Recently someone handled me a machine translated Spanish version for chapter 2 and... it sucked ASS

Alex(GoD)

May 1, 2022
That's great! it's machine translated or manual?
Recently someone handled me a machine translated Spanish version for chapter 2 and... it sucked ASS
This translation is based on Gemini 1.5 Pro. Incorporated context from The Cloud House Wiki into its knowledge base.
I've been translating various projects for many years, starting with Google Translate, Yandex Translate, Deepl, and GPT-4. Ultimately, I found Gemini 1.5 Pro to be the best fit for me. Based on the quality of its output, I can assure you that this is MUCH better than machine translation (though I can only vouch for the Russian language).
In any case, as a native Russian speaker, it was much more enjoyable for me to read in Russian. I don't think anyone will produce a BETTER manual translation with editing and proofreading anytime soon. And honestly, judging by the feedback on Chapter 1, not everyone was thrilled about the translation into Russian. So, I don't think they'll be complaining now.
Of course, there might be some errors, like "иду" instead of "кончаю" or "щеки" instead of "ягодицы," but it's AI)

Reactions: DMFnsfw
4.70 star(s) 54 Votes