4.70 star(s) 54 Votes

/htg/anon

Aug 12, 2017
Hey folks, Cat here... just to give some extra info on things.... DMF is hard at work on getting a backer update of Chapter 2 out that will cover some of the content... but overall Chapter 2 is going to be longer than chapter 1...

On the writing side of things... My personal life has been VERY busy the last month. I got married, found out the gender of my child, and bought a house I'll be hopefully moving into before the summer is out.

Of course all that excitement meant I couldn't really sit down and start writing... I'm back to it though now and have been adding more to the script along with DMF's own additions and feedback.

In anycase, I just write, DMF is doing all the hardstuff here with the art direction and programming. Give em some patience, we're a two man team for the most part with D doing the heavy lifting..

We think you'll really like what we have planned for Chapter 2... more choices to make, and more chances for romance and naughtiness with the sisters... But that also means more drawing on D's part!
Congratulations, Cat!

May 9, 2018
Yup, there it is! Now the style is more consistent, a bit redesigned and in full body.
I gave Lynn and more tomboy-ish look, made Luan's outfit more "weird" but better-looking, gave everyone warmer and stronger shadows...
Made everyone's eyes smaller, the original were too inspired on the original show. Also now the younger sisters are not longer "ball-headed"

In a future, I plan to make the backgrounds square instead of rectangular, this means, extending the backgrounds to the bottom, I can make vertical pan movements with the camera, to show better the shorter characters, and show some big sister legs too :cool:

Btw, all the sprites (old and new) on these 2 images aren't resized. Now the character's heights are more consistent than when they didn't had legs/lower body.
View attachment 2601590 View attachment 2601591

Yeah, for now these are only supporter exclusive stuff until the full chapter is finished/enough of it is made, I want the public releases to be as clean as possible. This mean, the next public build will have the first chapter fixed (it is playable, yes but the sprites are broken/mixed/misplaced/missing)
Still, sadly, I think that old save files may not be compatible :confused:
Also, I do not own this thread, (And I don't want to either, taking care of 3rd party reuploads its too much work for me atm, so for now, Discord for Fanbox stuff, and Itchio for Public)
you made Lucy's hair longer?

Reactions: DMFnsfw

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
you made Lucy's hair longer?
Yup, same with Lisa but less noticeable, their original sprites were 99% cranium, 1% hair lol. Also this made them more feminine. This also gave Lucy a better silhouette (White over Black over Background).
Compare the amount of hair area with skull area in general.

Also this reminds me that canonically (a one-time joke), Lisa is bald and wears a wig lmao. Not going to reference that in the game btw, she will remain fluffy.
wig.png

May 9, 2018
Yup, same with Lisa but less noticeable, their original sprites were 99% cranium, 1% hair lol. Also this made them more feminine. This also gave Lucy a better silhouette (White over Black over Background).

Also this reminds me that canonically (a one-time joke), Lisa is bald and wears a wig lmao. Not going to reference that in the game btw, she will remain fluffy.
View attachment 2694659
Fair, I do like short hair but I also like your art; so see ya for ch. 2

• Hey there

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018

View attachment 2694659
soooo do you have an estimation for the release of chapter 2?

wadere

Jan 6, 2018

View attachment 2694659
huh, personally not a huge fan of long haired lucy but if everyone else's fine with it then it's fine i guess, you make the game so you're the boss in the end. still leagues better than mister i copy other peoples art and hide previously avaliable content behind a paywall guy that's also making a loud house game atm, of course he also have tons vip content that you need to pay for at a high price and the base game bugs without it? so yeah, long haired lucy ain't a big problem compared to the only other guy who's making a loud house game

• Red Heart

Shyinkart

Oct 2, 2022
Yup, there it is! Now the style is more consistent, a bit redesigned and in full body.
I gave Lynn and more tomboy-ish look, made Luan's outfit more "weird" but better-looking, gave everyone warmer and stronger shadows...
Made everyone's eyes smaller, the original were too inspired on the original show. Also now the younger sisters are not longer "ball-headed"

In a future, I plan to make the backgrounds square instead of rectangular, this means, extending the backgrounds to the bottom, I can make vertical pan movements with the camera, to show better the shorter characters, and show some big sister legs too :cool:

Btw, all the sprites (old and new) on these 2 images aren't resized. Now the character's heights are more consistent than when they didn't had legs/lower body.
View attachment 2601590 View attachment 2601591

Yeah, for now these are only supporter exclusive stuff until the full chapter is finished/enough of it is made, I want the public releases to be as clean as possible. This mean, the next public build will have the first chapter fixed (it is playable, yes but the sprites are broken/mixed/misplaced/missing)
Still, sadly, I think that old save files may not be compatible :confused:
Also, I do not own this thread, (And I don't want to either, taking care of 3rd party reuploads its too much work for me atm, so for now, Discord for Fanbox stuff, and Itchio for Public)
And here I thought I had found the perfect The Loud House game...

I don't understand why some artists do this, there was nothing wrong with the previous art style, it emulated the original work well, why change it?
The new style is a downgrade in my opinion. I understand that you may be trying to give your own identity, but be original not always means to be better, being "too inspired on the original show" in a parody game is a positive point in my book.

But It's your game, you know what's best. I didn't want to be so critical, I'm not a supporter, and even if I was it seems I am also in the minority, the responses here in the thread seem positive about the changes, so good luck, I will probably give it a chance when chapter 2 comes out to see how see how the changes look in-game, but it's just not something I'm looking forward to anymore.

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
hey, i'm curious, could we do a poll about the design change of lucy? i'd honestly find it interesting to find what peoples thinks, not many peoples expressed their oppinion. maybe we could make it something like "i approve" "i'm fine with either" and "i don't really like it".
what do y'all think, is it a good idea?

or, while the game is still young and there isn't a lot to catch up on, there could be an haircut system made. could fix everything, would be up to the player whether they get one or the other. could be more tricky for the scenes tho so i don't know, i'm just throwing it out there while i'm thinking of it

Last edited:

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
hey, i'm curious, could we do a poll about the design change of lucy? i'd honestly find it interesting to find what peoples thinks, not many peoples expressed their oppinion. maybe we could make it something like "i approve" "i'm fine with either" and "i don't really like it".
what do y'all think, is it a good idea?

or, while the game is still young and there isn't a lot to catch up on, there could be an haircut system made. could fix everything, would be up to the player whether they get one or the other. could be more tricky for the scenes tho so i don't know, i'm just throwing it out there while i'm thinking of it
Hehe, I already did that like a month or 2 ago in the discord server both for supporters and public. Not like, a poll for specifically that, but heard the opinions of everyone about my new designs and did some changes. (Heights, size of the heads, style, clothes, body shapes/sizes...)

With these new sprites, it is possible to create multiple outfits for the girls, which means, the possibility for future polls (for supporters and/or everyone) about that. Of course, we already have planned a couple of them, and there are already some implemented, but for story reasons (Like Lynn's race uniform, or wearing Lincoln's shirt, or Lucy's pajamas...)

Shyinkart

Oct 2, 2022
My biggest beef with the new style it's the proportions. See... the shorter a person is the smaller the proportion of the legs will be in relation to the torso, I could be wrong but looking quickly all the characters in the new style seems have the legs being 1/2 of the whole body, its the proportion of heads and torso that varies, thanks to that some characters seem to have aged up, Ronnie and Clyde were the ones that weirded me the most, Ronnie now has the legs of a model and Clyde looks like a guy in his 20s.

Reactions: wadere

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
Hehe, I already did that like a month or 2 ago in the discord server both for supporters and public. Not like, a poll for specifically that, but heard the opinions of everyone about my new designs and did some changes. (Heights, size of the heads, style, clothes, body shapes/sizes...)

With these new sprites, it is possible to create multiple outfits for the girls, which means, the possibility for future polls (for supporters and/or everyone) about that. Of course, we already have planned a couple of them, and there are already some implemented, but for story reasons (Like Lynn's race uniform, or wearing Lincoln's shirt, or Lucy's pajamas...)
nice. more outfits should mean more haircuts by proxy, like in that episode where lincoln helped his sisters get the stuff they wanted and to thanks him they sang for him and even got his band to play at his house, the outfits and haircuts were a lot different so i guess that's kinda how it'll work except you get to choose when they wear what unless there's an event going on? correct me if i'm wrong of course

also, what were the result of the kinda polls you did if you don't mind telling? i wasn't joking about being curious haha

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
My biggest beef with the new style it's the proportions. See... the shorter a person is the smaller the proportion of the legs will be in relation to the torso, I could be wrong but looking quickly all the characters in the new style seems have the legs being 1/2 of the whole body, its the proportion of heads and torso that varies, thanks to that some characters seem to have aged up, Ronnie and Clyde were the ones that weirded me the most, Ronnie now has the legs of a model and Clyde looks like a guy in his 20s.
that's a valid opinion. i guess i'm fine with the body proportions changing from the original style because sometimes the original style doesn't adapt well to certain types of recreations by itself so it's alright to change it till it fits (within reason for stuff like games/movies and go nuts with fan arts/fics, comics, etc...) and in the case of the loud house i think some change is warranted. it's different for things like race swaps, changing haircuts, personalities, life, design in general etc... can be good, can be so bad it's basically an insult that costs money to experience, like spiderman into the spiderverse, that one was done great, miles earned being spiderman and he actually exists; on the other side of this coin, velma, need i say more haha

also i think i do remember clyde looking a little weird but i might be remembering wrong, i'll go check it out real quick
so, i dunno, lincoln might look more "wrong" than clyde to me but then again, i think both are fine really, maybe a little touchup on lincoln wouldn't hurt but that's usually how it goes, can take a little time before an artist artstyle for x or y project settle down to something that they won't change much for the rest of it

Last edited:

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
My biggest beef with the new style it's the proportions.
I understand your concern, but the truth is, that in a world of premade 3D models, traced art, edits of official art or emulating of it, and soon, filled with AI-generated images; 2D drawings in the own artist's style, is sadly misunderstood...
Why? Because it doesn't follow a set of specific "rules" that everyone is used to.
Which leads to...
also, what were the result of the kinda polls you did if you don't mind telling? i wasn't joking about being curious haha
... the changes and decisions I made in the designs, I want maintain distance between 2 extremes: (1)Realistic bodies of underaged characters, and (2) Goblins with tits.
Their heads are bigger by nature, because it's a cartoon, and automatically "lowers the age", but I can't keep the original style because un unsexy (my personal view both as an artist and as a consumer) so I had to keep the balance the best I could.
And after some changes (read: after asking friends, supporters, and players in general) I did some extra changes!
The results were:
Taller and skinnier Lisa, bigger bottoms for Lola and Lana, taller Lucy, bigger breasts for Luan, and smaller head for Leni and Lori. And they were ok with my idea of making Luan a bit (a very little bit) chubby. (She loves throwing AND eating pies,)

-----------------

And there are more people too: Lincoln and Clyde. I want to change them too, but it's a secondary thing. Remade Clyde sprites because he is seen a lot in chapter 1 but he can wait. And Lincoln is only seen either in the little frame or in scenes/minicomics, so let's say that his "canon" design is the one in the main menu, were everyone is hugging him. (the girls in that image have a mix of their old and new designs tho, I will fix that later after more important stuff is done[full chapter 2, I guess])

-----------------
Btw, thanks for showing your opinions and questions/doubts, I'm happy to answer, explain, or take consideration.
Now I'm back to the game, thanks for coming to my TED Talk :LOL:

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
I understand your concern, but the truth is, that in a world of premade 3D models, traced art, edits of official art or emulating of it, and soon, filled with AI-generated images; 2D drawings in the own artist's style, is sadly misunderstood...
Why? Because it doesn't follow a set of specific "rules" that everyone is used to.
Which leads to...

... the changes and decisions I made in the designs, I want maintain distance between 2 extremes: (1)Realistic bodies of underaged characters, and (2) Goblins with tits.
Their heads are bigger by nature, because it's a cartoon, and automatically "lowers the age", but I can't keep the original style because un unsexy (my personal view both as an artist and as a consumer) so I had to keep the balance the best I could.
And after some changes (read: after asking friends, supporters, and players in general) I did some extra changes!
The results were:
Taller and skinnier Lisa, bigger bottoms for Lola and Lana, taller Lucy, bigger breasts for Luan, and smaller head for Leni and Lori. And they were ok with my idea of making Luan a bit (a very little bit) chubby. (She loves throwing AND eating pies,)

-----------------

And there are more people too: Lincoln and Clyde. I want to change them too, but it's a secondary thing. Remade Clyde sprites because he is seen a lot in chapter 1 but he can wait. And Lincoln is only seen either in the little frame or in scenes/minicomics, so let's say that his "canon" design is the one in the main menu, were everyone is hugging him. (the girls in that image have a mix of their old and new designs tho, I will fix that later after more important stuff is done[full chapter 2, I guess])

-----------------
Btw, thanks for showing your opinions and questions/doubts, I'm happy to answer, explain, or take consideration.
Now I'm back to the game, thanks for coming to my TED Talk :LOL:

haha, it was a pleasure to have such a talkative host for once; everyone, a big round of aplause for DMFnsfw after he took the time to answer all of this for us, come on peoples!
joke aside haha, thanks, it was honestly super nice ^^. and if you feel like dropping a sneak peak of very slightly chubby luan at some point before she's officially introduced i'd appreciate it, i'm usually not into heavier chicks 99% of the time but if it's not much i think i could actually like it for once

• Red Heart

Catspeaker 81

Mar 18, 2023
haha, it was a pleasure to have such a talkative host for once; everyone, a big round of aplause for DMFnsfw after he took the time to answer all of this for us, come on peoples!
joke aside haha, thanks, it was honestly super nice ^^. and if you feel like dropping a sneak peak of very slightly chubby luan at some point before she's officially introduced i'd appreciate it, i'm usually not into heavier chicks 99% of the time but if it's not much i think i could actually like it for once
DMF has released the preview build for the first day to his backers. He'll release it to the public in about a month's time... I urge you to wait for your comments until you see the new art style in action in the game.

I've seen it myself of course now, and I think it works really well! You can find out yourself by backing the game to get early access, or wait for the public build to release for the first day in about a month.

Overall I was very pleased seeing the written script qued up with all the great art DMF has done... and to think it's just the first day! There's multiple days for part 2, it's easily twice if not three times as big as the first chapter!

NachoAndCheez

Nov 1, 2020
DMF has released the preview build for the first day to his backers. He'll release it to the public in about a month's time... I urge you to wait for your comments until you see the new art style in action in the game.

I've seen it myself of course now, and I think it works really well! You can find out yourself by backing the game to get early access, or wait for the public build to release for the first day in about a month.

Overall I was very pleased seeing the written script qued up with all the great art DMF has done... and to think it's just the first day! There's multiple days for part 2, it's easily twice if not three times as big as the first chapter!
Ok, guys, I absolutely adore what you're doing here, but I hear the phrase "twice or three times larger than last" and alarm bells start ringing in my head.

Don't get me wrong, this is pretty much the experimental phase of the proyect so it's good that you're not getting married with anything on game (designs, lenght of chapters etc. etc.) but sincerely if your chapter lenght just keeps balloning every new one, I will really advice to find one lenght where you can confortably make a good chapter on a reasonable amount of time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: wadere
4.70 star(s) 54 Votes