2.50 star(s) 29 Votes
Apr 10, 2020
Well, I voted on the poll already, but this seems like such an incredible no brainer that I don't understand why there is a poll in the first place. At this point surely you finish the game and then when you are done you can upgrade it to the definitive edition (better resolution) or whatever you want to call it. The fact this is happening and we are looking at 800x600 tells you devs have been dithering on this game for too long already.

Maybe I am just being cynical...

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Well, I voted on the poll already, but this seems like such an incredible no brainer that I don't understand why there is a poll in the first place. At this point surely you finish the game and then when you are done you can upgrade it to the definitive edition (better resolution) or whatever you want to call it. The fact this is happening and we are looking at 800x600 tells you devs have been dithering on this game for too long already.

Maybe I am just being cynical...
The game is old, and this is why its made with only 800x600, so yeah you are right that one can say the devs. "have been dithering on this game for too long".
- The higher resolution was a request to the devs.... from me actually. And out of this request the devs gave it a try, to see if they could make the resolution higher, which is why the 10$ patreons right now have a upscaled test build(images is from the above news I made). And they could... but its very time-consuming and they need to redo all assets(backgrounds, busts, scenes, whatever)
- This is why there is a vote, they need to hear their patreons... how important is this change right now or later, or not at all.

Apr 10, 2020
Ok, zelle, good clarification. Thank you, as always. Agree with you that the game deserves the higher resolutions (as I said, its a no brainer). Hopefully they turn to that at a logical (or somewhat logical) end point.

Reactions: Zellemate

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Is there a walkthrough for this game?
Sorry sadly no, if you have any question / problems ask here and me or somebody else will try to help you to the best of our ability. Remember to use the search function to avoid repeating question that is already answered :coffee:

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
how can i open the window at night in belle's house?
Early game:
- 200+ Hunting skill​
- Free the Thief from the stocks and get lock-pick achievement(use ham to free him)​
Late game:
- Get help from the Thief in the backally​
- Get advanced lock-pick from the Thief's guild​

valetodo814

Jun 12, 2020
Early game:
- 200+ Hunting skill​
- Free the Thief from the stocks and get lock-pick achievement(use ham to free him)​
Late game:
- Get help from the Thief in the backally​
- Get advanced lock-pick from the Thief's guild​
Sorry to bother you but I can't find it anywhere and at any time (especially because I don't speak English well and I get a little lost)

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Sorry to bother you but I can't find it anywhere and at any time (especially because I don't speak English well and I get a little lost)
The normal lockpicks you can get by getting the achievement with the Thief.
- Buy or take the ham then give it to the thief in the stocks.
- You should then get an achievement, this enables lockpicks at the start of the game.
- And yes sadly you will have to start over, and pick them in the beginning of the game!
View attachment 1.mp4

1.png
Then start a new game and use pick the Masquerade Achievement !

Last edited:

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
Anybody else expected this?
At least this time the excuses are valid. From their discord:
"Hi friends! We're still on the trip. And, have to say that the situation in Russia has not become better. On the contrary: it was announced war mobilization (so-called partial, so far) among the folks, so that, it's difficult to consider how the whole situation will develop at all ( but, based on the experience of the previous 'promises' of the government, it's highly likely that the 'scenario' won't be easy and good. We've leaved the country still before all these news, but now - given such worry changes, we are forced to take additional steps (bureaucracy in any country of the world - is absolute evil, yes). It looks like the trip can turn out longer than we originally planned. Therefore, we have to postpone the release of LS 0.97.5 a little bit. Exactly one month, until October 26, 2022. Unfortunately, reality now requires active action on our part, so now we have very little time to work on the project. Sorry, we understand that this is unpleasant news, but it is better to postpone one release now, than not be able to deal with our projects at all( We hope for your understanding and patience. Thank you for your support, guys, we will definitely return to work as soon as possible! Take care of yourself and your loved ones. The month will pass quickly, so the release of 'The Library Story' 0.97.5 is supposed to be soon, even despite all this fuss. P.S. Now we still have difficulty with regular publication of news, presence in our Discord and answers by e-mail and PM. But we will try to return to the normal schedule as soon as possible possible (well, as far as possible in the current conditions). So stay in touch, guys! We hope it’s gonna get better! (edited)"

I'm worred for some of the Russian game developers. Yes, they are slow. Yes they lie about delivery dates. Yes they have questionable work ethics. But they deliver in the end and the product is usually good. Would be a waste to see some of them dead in a senseless war.

horatz

Aug 20, 2017
At least this time the excuses are valid.
I have to disagree with You. Their excuses are never valid. Let's be real here. It's a result of poor planing skills and laziness. Also, situation in Russia and narrative in western media are two different realities. I don't want to focus on this horrible conflict. My point is that they showing the same pattern of behaviour over and over again, just using different excuses. If they treat it solely as a hobby project, none of us would have a right to say one word, but since they turn it into their second job, it is reasonable to expect at least some basic work ethics. I understand there is a certain learning curve when You start developing a project of any kind, but the trend I can see here is regressive. I am putting My effort into writing this, because I wish success to this project and enjoyment for our community out of this. Hopefully these words will reach them and result in better strategy.

• Angry
Reactions: SomeoneX22

Vergi|

Apr 19, 2020
At least this time the excuses are valid. From their discord:
"Hi friends! We're still on the trip. And, have to say that the situation in Russia has not become better. On the contrary: it was announced war mobilization (so-called partial, so far) among the folks, so that, it's difficult to consider how the whole situation will develop at all ( but, based on the experience of the previous 'promises' of the government, it's highly likely that the 'scenario' won't be easy and good. We've leaved the country still before all these news, but now - given such worry changes, we are forced to take additional steps (bureaucracy in any country of the world - is absolute evil, yes). It looks like the trip can turn out longer than we originally planned. Therefore, we have to postpone the release of LS 0.97.5 a little bit. Exactly one month, until October 26, 2022. Unfortunately, reality now requires active action on our part, so now we have very little time to work on the project. Sorry, we understand that this is unpleasant news, but it is better to postpone one release now, than not be able to deal with our projects at all( We hope for your understanding and patience. Thank you for your support, guys, we will definitely return to work as soon as possible! Take care of yourself and your loved ones. The month will pass quickly, so the release of 'The Library Story' 0.97.5 is supposed to be soon, even despite all this fuss. P.S. Now we still have difficulty with regular publication of news, presence in our Discord and answers by e-mail and PM. But we will try to return to the normal schedule as soon as possible possible (well, as far as possible in the current conditions). So stay in touch, guys! We hope it’s gonna get better! (edited)"

I'm worred for some of the Russian game developers. Yes, they are slow. Yes they lie about delivery dates. Yes they have questionable work ethics. But they deliver in the end and the product is usually good. Would be a waste to see some of them dead in a senseless war.
Man, I am Ukrainian, I am from the city that's being bombed every single day and I am still capable of working hard. So whatever they say is bullshit, lol.

gamer012345

Jun 12, 2020
I last commented 2 months ago, and I was expecting for the update to be released in this month. Well, better keep waiting I guess (again)

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Delays are always a bad thing, especially for fans / patreons, I was also hoping for an update this month :|
- And yes the team do have a history of delays but a bit to often that is true... not really much to do about it.

Right now the team is out traveling(and have been for around 2 weeks) and is trying to actual fix the financial issues they are having because of sanctions towards Russia.
I'm not sure if they tend to move to another country permanently or what the plan is, however I am sure they will update a bit later on what have happened and what the plan is going forward.
- I can't say for how long it will take for them to fix these things, but they have delayed the update for +1 month.

So right now not much else to do then wait.

Reactions: gamer012345

S1cK

Aug 20, 2017
Delays are always a bad thing, especially for fans / patreons, I was also hoping for an update this month :|
- And yes the team do have a history of delays but a bit to often that is true... not really much to do about it.

Right now the team is out traveling(and have been for around 2 weeks) and is trying to actual fix the financial issues they are having because of sanctions towards Russia.
I'm not sure if they tend to move to another country permanently or what the plan is, however I am sure they will update a bit later on what have happened and what the plan is going forward.
- I can't say for how long it will take for them to fix these things, but they have delayed the update for +1 month.

So right now not much else to do then wait.
travelling - like fleeing from conscription?

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
travelling - like fleeing from conscription?
Can't confirm or deny, cause I don't really know!
- Not sure if they conscribe people over 40 years of age, would think not! :unsure:
- Also the team left before that actually started drafting people.

My last personal talk with the team, they mentioned that they have used 14 days just to travel to their destination somewhere in South America!
- Just about all I can say for now, need them to make an official news about how its going, and what have happened.

Reactions: joe nemo and S1cK

Deleted member 423149

Feb 5, 2018
Probably yeah, no one wants to lose their life to a pointless war.
I have sent 500 pounds to Russians who I play computer games like Arcade on Starcraft 2 on. I have never met them but we have a gaming chat and they spent their life savings arriving in Georgia. No way to rent and they sleep on the street. Should I have left them? They are not built to deal with such hardship all of a sudden.

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes