Ren'Py The Long Way [v0.06.1] [Muffin Maker]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Cover.jpg

Overview:
With the 13 Galaxies in limbo, your quest, if you choose to accept it, is to turn order into chaos, strength into weakness and leaders into puppets.
While there is still very little content (understatement of the year), the mechanics of the game have been resolved to allow for an almost infinite cast of characters and locations.
Our next target for the game is character interactions and creating the first of many worlds.​

Thread Updated: 2024-05-07
Release Date: 2024-04-21
Developer: Muffin Maker -
Censored: No
Version: 0.06.1
Language: English
Other Games: Link
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - - -

Snapdhot-4.jpg Snapdhot-1.jpg Snapdhot-2.jpg Snapdhot-3.jpg Snapdhot-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
the mechanics of the game have been resolved to allow for an almost infinite cast of characters and locations.Our next target for the game is character interactions and creating the first of many worlds.
200.gif

I remember playing the other game once and it was really boring, yes, there were a lot of LIs to choose from but with all of them it was the same conversation and scenes, someone know if that improve in the other game, or could we expect the same in this one?

Anyways good luck.

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
View attachment 3004959

Overview:
With the 13 Galaxies in limbo, your quest, if you choose to accept it, is to turn order into chaos, strength into weakness and leaders into puppets.
While there is still very little content (understatement of the year), the mechanics of the game have been resolved to allow for an almost infinite cast of characters and locations.
Our next target for the game is character interactions and creating the first of many worlds.​

Thread Updated: 2023-12-22
Release Date: 2023-12-15
Developer: Muffin Maker -
Censored: No
Version: 0.02.2
Language: English
Other Games: Link
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD
Android: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD

View attachment 3196517 View attachment 3196521 View attachment 3196522 View attachment 3196523 View attachment 3196524
Hi, got the following error when attempting to leave the planet and thought you should know.

Camel

Jun 8, 2017
View attachment 3196669

I remember playing the other game once and it was really boring, yes, there were a lot of LIs to choose from but with all of them it was the same conversation and scenes, someone know if that improve in the other game, or could we expect the same in this one?

Anyways good luck.
i actually didnt notice the other games link until i read your post, and The Hard Way was the first thing that came to mind when i read the line you quoted, and i agree, boring.

ThaneShayk

Mar 27, 2023
Hi, got the following error when attempting to leave the planet and thought you should know.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 37, in <module>
Exception: DynamicImage 'images//Places/Backgrounds/Grid/[sector]/[Orbiting].webp': could not find image. ('images//Places/Backgrounds/Grid/geb/Calpia.webp')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 37, in script
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 37, in <module>
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3347, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 481, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
[Previous line repeated 1 more time]
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 674, in visit_all
for d in self.visit():
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 785, in visit
self.find_target()
File "F:\AVN\TheLongWay-0.02.3-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 683, in find_target
raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage 'images//Places/Backgrounds/Grid/[sector]/[Orbiting].webp': could not find image. ('images//Places/Backgrounds/Grid/geb/Calpia.webp')

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
The Long Way 0.02.3
Fri Dec 22 20:24:19 2023

Same thing happened to me.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
Looks like at least a spiritual reboot of their first game Biome which they abandoned a few years ago.

Spoil

Sep 30, 2019
The Long Way V0.2.4 Free is available for download.

• Bugfix

The game can be downloaded from our , pages, or directly from .

SoulsSurvivor

Oct 27, 2018
Wonder if this game will turn into a soapbox for the dev's dumbass beliefs like the last one. Even if it doesn't I doubt it will be good since "an infinite amount of characters and locations" hasn't worked for AAA devs like Ubisoft or Bethesda I seriously doubt it will for an indie dev working in fucking ren'py. I'd like to be proven wrong but I have a feeling I won't be.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes