4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

Who is your favourite girl?

• Total voters

Agni2013

Developing 'The Lost Chapters'
Game Developer
May 3, 2019
Ran into 2 errors
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Loved the update! Really enjoyed more groundwork laid out and getting more insight into what exactly is going on in this town lol. Clearly Ashley isn't crazy, but to what degree is she right (or wrong?) Can't wait to see what happens next.
My apologies. It seems I messed up with setting the flags when I jumped to the next label. Please be assured I will fix them as soon as I can.
Could you please tell me if it was an old save?

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
Is there any significance in the fact that the choises are written with BOLD ITALIC or with SIMPLE FONTS? Could have been a kind of a "walkthrough mod" added by the dev herself (like something as 'devilish' vs 'angelic') or is it just some inattention? I'm in front of a significant choice (or so I feel) and this could be important if is intentional.

Reactions: Leina

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Is there any significance in the fact that the choises are written with BOLD ITALIC or with SIMPLE FONTS? Could have been a kind of a "walkthrough mod" added by the dev herself (like something as 'devilish' vs 'angelic') or is it just some inattention? I'm in front of a significant choice (or so I feel) and this could be important if is intentional.
Nothing quite so elaborate. It's the distinction between spoken lines and inner monologue: the first line is directed at Ember, the second line is merely thought.

My apologies. It seems I messed up with setting the flags when I jumped to the next label. Please be assured I will fix them as soon as I can.
Could you please tell me if it was an old save?
The way I see it, you did not.

You're using default statements which basically are definitions and after_load label additions rolled into one (see ). In short: the variable will be initialized on any new game as well as any save in which the variable isn't defined yet. The problem most likely stems from your switching from Ren'Py 7.4.4 to 7.4.8, as this resulted in incompatible changes to the AST (what gets compiled to the .rpycs) or rather its name annotations. Half my saves are broken despite you only adding to the end of the script (apart from the default statements and some minor spelling corrections, that is). But the ones that do load all have the new variables initialized to their defaults. My best guess is that their save was made at a perculiar point in the game and now won't honor any default statements added to the head of script.rpy. I've seen this once before and it made no sense then, also.

Mograx, to inject the variables added with 0.2.2 in your specific save, put the below code inside a .rpy file with a name of your choosing inside the game's game directory:
This will also set them according to the block added after the 0.2.1 content, thusly also working on saves way into the 0.2.2 content. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Agni2013 and Rudrig

Agni2013

Game Developer
May 3, 2019
Just as Hordragg said, the italics are inner monologues. Don't worry about messing anything up. My entire objective is making every route significant and entertaining to play through as much as I can.

Last edited:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
For me I'm going to go to war against Ashley steal Ember from her and now that the mom will be staying with the FC she can start seducing her as well as seducing Chloe. I might do something with the futa at a later date but for now I haven't done anything with her and I avoided that dom/sub stuff with blondie.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

renegade1178

Dec 24, 2017
Hi

I just ran into an error, running TLOC 0.2.2 on Ubuntu 20.04.

It crashes on start, without showing any game window. Seems to be related to "building" the screen.
Never had something like that on any other renpy game.

I started the game (same download) on a virtual machine running Windows 10 Pro. No errors in running the game here.

I replaced a part of the path with ... to shorten the lines.

Here's the content of the traceback.txt:

And here's the content of the log.txt:

Agni2013

Game Developer
May 3, 2019
Hi

I just ran into an error, running TLOC 0.2.2 on Ubuntu 20.04.

It crashes on start, without showing any game window. Seems to be related to "building" the screen.
Never had something like that on any other renpy game.

I started the game (same download) on a virtual machine running Windows 10 Pro. No errors in running the game here.

I replaced a part of the path with ... to shorten the lines.

Here's the content of the traceback.txt:

And here's the content of the log.txt:

I am really sorry, but I have been unable reproduce the error here.

Please try the following link. It is supposed to be the Linux build.

Apologies, but please let me know if that works.

renegade1178

Dec 24, 2017

Mega

Thanks for the download link. It's already loading.
Wouldn't be surprised, if my heavily customized installation (mix between desktop setup and developer workstation) caused this.

I let you know if it works, as requested.

renegade1178

Dec 24, 2017

Mega

The download is finished and the game is running now. Thanks for the quick solution (y)(y)
Even the few save games from my test run on Windows 10 are working.

Reactions: Agni2013

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
The download is finished and the game is running now. Thanks for the quick solution (y)(y)
Even the few save games from my test run on Windows 10 are working.
Both builds are identical safe for the added Windows libraries on the PC build. That means whatever fixed your problem happened on your end only.

renegade1178

Dec 24, 2017
Both builds are identical safe for the added Windows libraries on the PC build. That means whatever fixed your problem happened on your end only.
Well, that's more than curious :unsure:
I didn't change anything on my system. Just started the Linux Only version and it worked.
Maybe I'll download the Win/Linux version again and try to figure out what causes the problem.

renegade1178

Dec 24, 2017
Well, that's more than curious :unsure:
I didn't change anything on my system. Just started the Linux Only version and it worked.
Maybe I'll download the Win/Linux version again and try to figure out what causes the problem.
I just started the fresh downloaded Windows/Linux version and removed the screens.rpyb from the game/cache subfolder as a recursive diff said it would be different from the file in the Linux-only version.
Maybe that caused the problem I had, but I'm not sure about it. The file has been recreated on the first start and anything is fine.

Savegames are working too.

I've attached the two screens.rpyb in a zip file and renamed them with windows-linux and linux-only suffix. Don't know if they will help, as they are binary files.

Anyway, this seems to be solved, case closed ;)

Reactions: Agni2013

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
None I am afraid. I can neither afford, nor capable enough to pull off animations the way I want to.
Congrats for your excellent work! IMO you dont need animations to have a great game. Any plans for Male-female action? KR

Agni2013

Game Developer
May 3, 2019
Congrats for your excellent work! IMO you dont need animations to have a great game. Any plans for Male-female action? KR
Thank you for your kind words. I try do my best with all the limitations.
Regarding your next question, unfortunately, that would be a no. Male female action is far too common here. At the fear of becoming an outlier, I want to provide something unique.

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
Thank you for your kind words. I try do my best with all the limitations.
Regarding your next question, unfortunately, that would be a no. Male female action is far too common here. At the fear of becoming an outlier, I want to provide something unique.
Many thanks for your answer. Please continue your creation.

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes