Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Basically the next update (0.4.3b) will wrap up day 3; it's mostly getting bigger then we initially planned because we are adding a few more branching paths. Once that's done we'll get started on the next full update (0.4.4) which will focus on day 4.

View attachment 1367716
How much branching is planned? So far we can either influence Jenny or Stacy, will we be able to pick up the other one we didn't choose later?
Also, what exactly is the deal with the letters and numbers that show up when influencing someone? I don't believe those were ever explained anywhere.

Reactions: lionmc

lionmc

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
How much branching is planned? So far we can either influence Jenny or Stacy, will we be able to pick up the other one we didn't choose later?
Also, what exactly is the deal with the letters and numbers that show up when influencing someone? I don't believe those were ever explained anywhere.
Without spoiling anything there is one big choice (which change a lot down the road) and a handful of small ones (more along the line of "see scene A or scene B"). Picking one character over another mean the one that wasn't chosen get eclipsed by the one that was; the loser will still be in a hot scene every once in a while but the focus is on the other character. There is no way to experience all the content in a single playthrough.
As for the letter and numbers their meaning should be fairly clear by now and it's going to become even clearer as the game progress; in general the higher, the better. At this point in the game the maximum that can be archived is C36

gifsignature60fr.gif

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Without spoiling anything there is one big choice (which change a lot down the road) and a handful of small ones (more along the line of "see scene A or scene B"). Picking one character over another mean the one that wasn't chosen get eclipsed by the one that was; the loser will still be in a hot scene every once in a while but the focus is on the other character. There is no way to experience all the content in a single playthrough.
That's a shame, I thought that we were going to be picking up a harem.

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
Wake me up when all the unavoidable femdom rape gets either written out or made optional
Hmm the game doesn't even have a femdom tag. Thanks for the tip. ;) As a femdom fan I am still unsure if I should give a try though. Last time I saw someone complain about femdom in a game without a femdom tag all it had was a foot job...

Durisaz

Apr 18, 2021
Hmm the game doesn't even have a femdom tag. Thanks for the tip. ;) As a femdom fan I am still unsure if I should give a try though. Last time I saw someone complain about femdom in a game without a femdom tag all it had was a foot job...
To be honest, it's only one scene. I think people are slightly overreacting in that matter, but to each his own.

Visionary25

Jan 9, 2021
It's not much if you're into it. Though it may seem that the dev may put a few more scenes of such nature in the game for those interested.

Visionary25

Jan 9, 2021
I for one sincerely don't understand why in a mind-control game people want the one with the power to be a bitch.

Or is it breaking them after their affront the appeal?

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
I for one sincerely don't understand why in a mind-control game people want the one with the power to be a bitch.

Or is it breaking them after their affront the appeal?
The problem is switches are a pretty small number of people. People who are into the hardcore femdom stuff will enjoy the current situation and won't want to be dominant later on. And people who want the latter won't play through content that makes them physically sick just so they can maybe get to some enjoyable stuff later on. This makes the whole "mc is a bitch and also gets raped but dont worry he'll totally come around" plan completely worthless as nobody at that point will care.

lionmc

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Let me try to finally address the whole femdom/"rape" issue
As the example from Frosty2000 pointed out most people use tags as search tools rather then warning labels. There isn't a femdom tag for the game because there is hardly any femdom in it and we don't want to misled people. I admit we underestimated how strongly some people would react to it; I found it to be rather "vanilla" as far as femdom go. We just figured anyone who wasn't particularly into it would just skip by without a second thought.
For the record we plan for some more power-play in the game but nothing that even the most generous souls would define as femdom.
Now, I really would have rather not stepped into this particular swamp but the sex between the MC and Brigitte cannot honestly be mistaken for non-consensual
Here is a quote from the MC: "Why don't you get on my cock and find out?"
And again when leaving the house he is practically patting himself on the back: "It's been quite the night all considered"
If that's not clear to anyone let me spell it out; the MC may not be into the whole "being tied down" thing but he is definitely into the "getting a BJ" thing, so much so he is apparently willing to overlook the ropes.
This is not the forum and I am not the person to discuss these sort of issues; all I am qualified to say is what we meant to portray in the game.
Anyway we can only concede that this game, or any other game of this sort, will never be universally loved. There will be the occasional bit that some people find boring or even offensive and while we regret losing some fans along the way because of it we much rather have that then a game which plays and feels 100% like any other game in the genre. We honestly feel the final product will be better (and possibly more popular) because of it.

gifsignature60fr.gif

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
the MC may not be into the whole "being tied down" thing but he is definitely into the "getting a BJ" thing, so much so he is apparently willing to overlook the ropes.
I mean.. what? He's not "willing to overlook" anything, he's kidnapped and forced to like it.

Sorry your honour, but me abducting that girl, tying her up and forcing her to have sex with me was "pretty vanilla, barely maledom" 'cause she kinda looked like she wanted it. I'm innocent, I swear.

Either way it's your game do whatever you wish with it, just tag it properly so people don't get Jebaited and accidentally lose their lunch.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Now, I really would have rather not stepped into this particular swamp but the sex between the MC and Brigitte cannot honestly be mistaken for non-consensual
It absolutely can. In fact I cannot see how you think it can be mistaken for anything but non-consensual. The MC maintaining bravado and not freaking out demanding to be untied does not equate consent. Follow the fail path and the MC gets an underwhelming orgasm and stiletto heel in the balls.

MC can certainly decide they were okay with having been restrained and sexually assaulted during or after the fact. That doesn't change that they were none the less restrained without their prior consent and sexually assaulted without any ability *not* to consent due to those restraints.

That's like saying "he got an erection and orgasmed so he must have been willing" or "she got wet and orgasmed so it wasn't rape".

Physiological reaction and psychological coping mechanisms aren't consent.

And through all of this I'm not telling you that you should change your game. Absolutely not. This is part of the story and from what you've written an important part of the MC's character/learning arc.

All I'm saying is own it. Put the tags on, add the disclaimers clarifying that the femdom/rape are very mild/limited to 1 or two scenes and are unlikely to satisfy someone seeking games with femdom/rape. Then maybe add something so a player can completely skip the entire scene because I did not see any way to, as you say:

We just figured anyone who wasn't particularly into it would just skip by without a second thought.
All a player can do is power through via clicking until they get through the dialogue and see the images of the scene. That's not a way for the player to skip by without a second thought.

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
There is no way to experience all the content in a single playthrough.
I like this approach. Harems devalue choice. It doesn't matter which girl the main character asks for a date, where he goes wrong, whether he is good or bad, in the end he will have a happy ending with all the available female characters. I want to make choices that interest me and see MY ending. Some will get the same ending, some will have a completely different ending, but all players will enjoy getting their vision of the story.

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
I myself am not a fan of femdom and the connected main character seemed to me an unpleasant surprise at first, but the unpleasant side of this scene soon ceases to be noticed.
For starters, the MC does not shout, "RELEASE ME!" or something like that. I'm sure that if he demanded, really demanded, Bridget would have canceled the deal and that's it.
But that's not why femdom didn't even come to my mind. Think about how well this scene fits into the script. This does not reread what we knew about the characters before and more importantly, we learn important details from short phrases. Pieces of the puzzle about Bridget, her master, the facets of power ... Do you really want Bridget to cry on the main character's shoulder like a fairy princess instead of this scene?

saint751

Dec 25, 2017
Yeah, gotta say the reaction is a little blown out of proportion. I feel like there's a soft femdom flavor to the scene, but that's about it. Adding a femdom tag would honestly be false advertisement.
If it were a more niche fetish, displayed more graphically, I could understand the outrage better. It fits well in the story, because the protagonist is is out of his depth and uncertain about his role in the story.

The large variety of contexts and moods in the sex scenes is one of the strengths of the game. The only thing that bums me out is that that also means we most likely won't get more content with some characters like Cleopatra or Boudica, because those were isolated events.

Visionary25

Jan 9, 2021
I like this approach. Harems devalue choice. It doesn't matter which girl the main character asks for a date, where he goes wrong, whether he is good or bad, in the end he will have a happy ending with all the available female characters. I want to make choices that interest me and see MY ending. Some will get the same ending, some will have a completely different ending, but all players will enjoy getting their vision of the story.
I get that. But I want the main girls, that is Sharon, Alex, Corrine etc under my thumb along with the ones I choose in a playthrough.

Reactions: Hadgar and lionmc
Dec 27, 2020
Thank you, lionmc , for your reaction. I really mean it. It's time to sort it out.
I disagree. I try to make it constructive, and I hope that I don't fail with it.
It could be harsh, and therefore I apologize in advance.
This is meant as Preview. Make what you want, of course.
Nether the less it is a free Forum so let's go.

...I admit we underestimated how strongly some people would react to it...
This sentence I read a lot from Devs, so you are not alone. You are comic book authors at first. You expect readers and be confronted with gamers.

Gamers want to immerse themselves with the Main Character. Here comes the next problem. And again, you are not alone. We are confronted with weak, unimmersive MCs left right and center. Good written MC are very, very rare. In near to all games, the MC is on a year-long journey to find their backbones or balls somewhere. And lose them constantly, again and again after they find them. I don't get, what's the Fun of playing such a character? Character growth yes. But wimps and idiots? Your MC is weak and react in a way I would never react. Example:

Here is a quote from the MC: "Why don't you get on my cock and find out?"
And again when leaving the house he is practically patting himself on the back: "It's been quite the night all considered"
His reaction make it even worse for me. Who in this world would react in such a way to that. Stockholm syndrome at its best.

I am a gamer and wanted choice, especially in a sandbox game. We don't have a choice there. What we have is a Mini game, which I tried to lose, so Brigitte don't get her way with me. No doesn't work either. A player shouldn't feel that powerless in a game.

Which brings us to the next problem: Power.
This is supposed to be a Mind Control game. The ultimate Power Fantasy. And we are able to get our Mother controlled enough to get us some coffee. Yes, that's exactly what Mind Control Fans are waiting for ...not.
I exaggerate it a little bit sure. But If mind control is in the game or not, it doesn't matter. We have mind controlling power bound to two rules, ok. Why no Harem? What stops us?

For the record we plan for some more power-play in the game but nothing that even the most generous souls would define as femdom.
Power plays all well and good. They are fun. But how can the MC grow with so little screen time?
So let the Femdom/rape in as a learning experience for the MC. Why not. But let him learn!

It doesn't matter how light or heavy you're thinking the Femdom is. But Vanilla? No!
It is in the game. I was roped down two time by Brigitte in my play through. And both times in a sexual manner. So it is femdom. You are known for ENF and CMNF content. Which for me is Maledom. Mind Control game with male protag are in essence Maledom Power fantasies. Period. And Male Domination is nowhere to be seen.

Next Problem.

One third of the lewd content in the Game are Bath tube Fantasies. Which contribute nothing to the game.
Another Third are Memories of people who once lived. That contributes to the story, but is overdone as much. Because they contribute nothing to the gameplay. You are Comic book authors and this thing are comics and not gameplay.
And the rest is 30 minutes of gameplay for the MC. Which should be 95%.
Bath tube Fantasies and Memories don't count for me.

If it were a more niche fetish, displayed more graphically, I could understand the outrage better. It fits well in the story, because the protagonist is is out of his depth and uncertain about his role in the story.
I hope you understand better why some of us expect something from the game which we don't get. And that's the reason for every discussion on F95.

Hope it was not too harsh and argumentative enough.
Unique game yes. Ok.
What wants the game to be? For what audience it is made for? Is it even a game, or more of a comic?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 128 Votes