HB38

Oct 3, 2017
What an unexpected delight this game is - not my usual fair; but very well done. I look forward to seeing how the pregnancy content turns out.

Reactions: kklyh and Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Can I change the birth control potion? I don't want to risk a pregnancy...
Why did you pick the weak potion then? Was the choice not explained well enough?

You can change it using the console, but if you have advanced to where the first girl is already pregnant (possibly even earlier than that) I wouldn't advice it because there's a high risk you will break the game. But I don't know since I haven't tested it.

If you still want to disable pregnancy, you can open the console (usually F12) and type in this:
Code:
SugarCube.State.active.variables.pregnancy = false
Then press enter.

Reactions: WakamoSato

thomthehound

Jan 28, 2018
The Potion of Paranoia contains lead and arsenic. Even as a corrupted priest, I really, really don't want to give that to a pregnant woman. However, I also want to see all the pregnant content there is in the game because impregnation and pregnancy are two of my biggest kinks. Is using that potion really the only way forward, or is it possible to avoid doing that if I wait long enough?

Reactions: Alcahest

CrazyMichael

Apr 10, 2019
This is what I said when I started working on the game:
"The game will be made in HTML/SugarCube and it will be a mystery detective game with some very adult themes concerning sex and religion. Think of a mix of (but with nuns instead of monks) and films to get the general idea."
Very surprised no one saw the link, when I saw the name Umberto i was sure, since it is a book of Umberto Eco (Il nome della rosa). It really has that feeling in the game also.

Nice game, played for many hours. One thing that was annoying for me, I got the message that the Novice Alonso would come back to me when there was news. So I waited, only to get stuck in the story. When I went to the monks, there was news to report! Should have been more clear.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Nice game, played for many hours. One thing that was annoying for me, I got the message that the Novice Alonso would come back to me when there was news. So I waited, only to get stuck in the story. When I went to the monks, there was news to report! Should have been more clear.
Hmm, I can only find one time where the quest says Novice Alonso will come back to you ("Spying on the shed" quest) and then you will receive a note saying he wants to speak with you. Did you think of some other time?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The Potion of Paranoia contains lead and arsenic. Even as a corrupted priest, I really, really don't want to give that to a pregnant woman. However, I also want to see all the pregnant content there is in the game because impregnation and pregnancy are two of my biggest kinks. Is using that potion really the only way forward, or is it possible to avoid doing that if I wait long enough?
You have to use the potion. While I understand your concern (which is mentioned in the game too), you can consider it safe to use.

thomthehound

Jan 28, 2018
You have to use the potion. While I understand your concern (which is mentioned in the game too), you can consider it safe to use.
Yeah, I saw that the game mentioned something like "surely using it just once wouldn't hurt" or something like that but, honestly, I stopped believing everything the priest says, either openly or mentally, around the time he read chapter 4 of the book. He's done a lot of messed-up stuff, but I think this is the one where he crosses the Rubicon for me into just being evil.

But, I know it's just a video game. I usually don't get bent out of shape about these sorts of things, so I'll try not to let it bother me and just move forward.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Yeah, I saw that the game mentioned something like "surely using it just once wouldn't hurt" or something like that but, honestly, I stopped believing everything the priest says, either openly or mentally, around the time he read chapter 4 of the book. He's done a lot of messed-up stuff, but I think this is the one where he crosses the Rubicon for me into just being evil.

But, I know it's just a video game. I usually don't get bent out of shape about these sorts of things, so I'll try not to let it bother me and just move forward.
That's a valid point and I always consider his current level of corruption when I write what he says and thinks.

If it helps, I can say that when I made up the ingredients for the potion of paranoia, I didn't know it would later be used on a pregnant woman. I don't plan that far ahead usually. If I had made the potion specifically for the pregnant woman, I probably wouldn't have used those ingredients. And while I thought lead and arsenic felt fitting for a kinda "dangerous" drug causing paranoia, those ingredients were chosen mainly because I was looking for alchemical signs that would be suitable to make into puzzles.

Reactions: Southrim

thomthehound

Jan 28, 2018
That's a valid point and I always consider his current level of corruption when I write what he says and thinks.

If it helps, I can say that when I made up the ingredients for the potion of paranoia, I didn't know it would later be used on a pregnant woman. I don't plan that far ahead usually. If I had made the potion specifically for the pregnant woman, I probably wouldn't have used those ingredients. And while I thought lead and arsenic felt fitting for a kinda "dangerous" drug causing paranoia, those ingredients were chosen mainly because I was looking for alchemical signs that would be suitable to make into puzzles.
I understand. That's how I would have approached it, too. And it did make sense at the time.

I'm more surprised at myself for how much this bothers me. I'm not upset at you or anything. I'm just thinking to myself "huh, why can't I bring myself to click this damn button?"

I'll get over it, though. But I think I'm always going to hate this priest guy now. I think I'm rooting against him.

• Haha
Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'll get over it, though. But I think I'm always going to hate this priest guy now. I think I'm rooting against him.
Well, the Nietzsche quote when you start the game wasn't put there for no reason. It can be seen as a warning to anyone starting the game about things to come regarding the MC and his path toward corruption.

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
Hmm, I can only find one time where the quest says Novice Alonso will come back to you ("Spying on the shed" quest) and then you will receive a note saying he wants to speak with you. Did you think of some other time?
I think it continues to return something like this whenever you enter the monks bathroom during the timeframe that Alonso would be in there spying on the nuns, even after the shed section.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I think it continues to return something like this whenever you enter the monks bathroom during the timeframe that Alonso would be in there spying on the nuns, even after the shed section.
Yes, but whenever he has something to report, you should get a message about it somehow. It was claimed that didn't happen at some point.

Defectus

Apr 9, 2024
What do i do next when all i have is sister amys quest and chloes quest and both r veteren detective everything else isnt available in this version

No matter what i do nothing happens

Loobo45

Dec 14, 2023
For veteran code, just open the index.html with visual studio or another program like that (notepad works fine).
In the javascript section there's a function defined as gc.
To search for it just press ctrl+f and put setup.gc
The code should look like this:

setup.gc = function() {
return x;
}

Now where I put x (theres going to be an actual number like -97429 or something like that) replace it with the number 46792755. It should look like this now:

setup.gc = function() {
return 46792755;
}

Now the veteran code should be 12345 in game. (This works for V0.7.1.1)
Hope it helps

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Wanted to try this game but, after a quick speed read through the thread, gotta admit was a bit intimidated by the amount of "how do I..." "how can I get ..." questions there are relative to general comments about the game.

Perhaps a dev written/authorized walkthrough might encourage more people to give it a go and hopefully become fans.

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
Given how much
Wanted to try this game but, after a quick speed read through the thread, gotta admit was a bit intimidated by the amount of "how do I..." "how can I get ..." questions there are relative to general comments about the game.

Perhaps a dev written/authorized walkthrough might encourage more people to give it a go and hopefully become fans.
Given how much content there is vs how often I got *stuck*?

One was a full on fluke bug that was resolved with loading a save and replaying forward.

Anything else was down to either reading the quest log hints, or popping into the room and checking if there was new alchemy or reading to do.

4.50 star(s) 51 Votes