The most vanilla game on this site?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If it's not strictly consensual missionary with the lights off after marriage for the sole purpose of procreation, it's not vanilla.

• Haha
Reactions: Vollezar
Oct 31, 2017
Well, seeing as this thread has had me going down memory lane of all the games & vns I've gone through on this site, one name that I think needs mentioning in this thread is Katawa Shoujo. That and I've realized that there were definitely periods with a real lack of choice for some of my kinks, because sweet lawd almighty, some of the shit I've played...

Reactions: BadIdea102

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
Pretty sure any japanese romance VN with a single H scene at the very end of the route. Can't get more vanilla than this.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Perhaps desire dungeon? it's all about an adventurer getting a waifu monstergirl in the dungeon, scenes are very vanilla and you stay with only one girl in the end, no harem ending or anything like that.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
https://f95zone.to/threads/saku-saku-love-blooms-with-the-cherry-blossoms-palette.5513/

A VN so vanilla it's nauseating. Worth noting it has an incest route that is treated relatively seriously for once but still, it's a moege so "love conquers all" and all that bullshit.

Other titles by Palette probably qualify too but I haven't tried anything else from them because holy shit Saku Saku made me angry at times.
You can fuck your sister's sweet pussy so it has taboo.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
The most vanilla game on this site is teaching feeling.
I mean... kind of?
I would say the loli-thing (while not very severe) could be ignored.
But the completely one sided power dynamic isn't exactly vanilla, she is pretty much a slave, sure she's treated extremally well, but I would say most people would find that relationship taboo.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
Perhaps desire dungeon? it's all about an adventurer getting a waifu monstergirl in the dungeon, scenes are very vanilla and you stay with only one girl in the end, no harem ending or anything like that.
I wouldn't qualify it as vanilla,
1) monster girls
2) extremely promiscuous
3) dubious consent a lot of the time.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
https://f95zone.to/threads/saku-saku-love-blooms-with-the-cherry-blossoms-palette.5513/

A VN so vanilla it's nauseating. Worth noting it has an incest route that is treated relatively seriously for once but still, it's a moege so "love conquers all" and all that bullshit.

Other titles by Palette probably qualify too but I haven't tried anything else from them because holy shit Saku Saku made me angry at times.
>vanilla
>incest
idk fam, but if you told your mom your fucking your sister, I don't think she'd view your relationship as normal.
:unsure:

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
>vanilla
>incest
idk fam, but if you told your mom your fucking your sister, I don't think she'd view your relationship as normal.
:unsure:
It's only one route and yes the reactions of the friends and family in the main source of conflict. But the whole game is basically fluffly Japanese moege. If it's not vanilla for you, idk wtf can even be considered vanilla then. A 100% slice-of-life story with nothing remotely strange in it? Does this even exist? :unsure:

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
It's only one route and yes the reactions of the friends and family in the main source of conflict. But the whole game is basically fluffly Japanese moege. If it's not vanilla for you, idk wtf can even be considered vanilla then. A 100% slice-of-life story with nothing remotely strange in it? Does this even exist? :unsure:
This is the point of the tread, to find the MOST vanilla game out their!

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Damn, now I want to know so I'm spamming the "Pure Love Story" tag on vndb but finding one without incest is surprisingly rare. If it isn't incest it's some other weirdness that disqualifies it.

Ffs, one the seemingly sweetest I found is about a widowed father knocking up his grade school daughter :HideThePain:

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
Damn, now I want to know so I'm spamming the "Pure Love Story" tag on vndb but finding one without incest is surprisingly rare. If it isn't incest it's some other weirdness that disqualifies it.

Ffs, one the seemingly sweetest I found is about a widowed father knocking up his grade school daughter :HideThePain:
View attachment huh.mp4

Oct 31, 2017

If you're genuinely curious on that, I think you might have better luck starting with the "Romance" tag and then by excluding the decidedly not-Vanilla tags. For example: look at , another game I know from the days when the Internet was delivered on stone tablets. Vanilla af from what I remember, so the tags are basically "Romance" along with "[noun] Heroine."

That's definitely not going to spare you from the wierdness though, as basically games do need a hook to separate them from the pack, especially nowadays. Also depends on what does constitute Vanilla content in 2023, as I'm willing to go to bat to say that a protagonist who's forced into a dress and enrolled in an all girls school still qualifies, dagnabbit!