VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I also chose the angry response with her on the phone which seemed reasonable to me at the time. If that's enough for her to just see the MC as a friend then she obviously doesn't love him that much.

The change in attitude seems too drastic. A couple of wrong decisions in the first chapter appears to completely ruin any chance of romance with her. If she doesn't love him after all the time they spent together then she never will.
That's obviously a meta outcome based on player decisions. How would MC's actions in the last few days affect how she felt about him in the past years? The game just gauges your interest in her and alters the backstory to fit that, basically. I'm not really sold on that approach or the execution, but it is what it is.

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
That's obviously a meta outcome based on player decisions. How would MC's actions in the last few days affect how she felt about him in the past years? The game just gauges your interest in her and alters the backstory to fit that, basically. I'm not really sold on that approach or the execution, but it is what it is.
Choosing to have sex with her is a pretty obvious way to show your interest, is it not? You miss out on 2 out of 5 points in the first chapter by doing that which means you can't afford to make any more wrong choices if you want her to see the MC as more than a friend. I'm not a fan of this inconsistent characterisation and i think there should be more leeway with her.

Reactions: larry69

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Blown away... by the fact I saw only 1 patreon. Can't afford it.. but couldn't NOT show some love for this one. Not going to talk about the great writing or story.. or even the renders.. (all great by the way) Just gonna say.. Patreon number two.
Thanks a lot. For your kind words, and your support.

Ceolag, If the game isn't harem, can you romantically and sexually ignore all but one of the LIs?
Yes.

Choosing to have sex with her is a pretty obvious way to show your interest, is it not? You miss out on 2 out of 5 points in the first chapter by doing that which means you can't afford to make any more wrong choices if you want her to see the MC as more than a friend. I'm not a fan of this inconsistent characterisation and i think there should be more leeway with her.
As I said before, looking back I'm not really happy with how I handled that. You have a chance to get those 2 points "back" at the start of Chapter 2. Changing it for Chapter 1 would've broken all save games.

I can see your point with Kaija and I'm not going to argue against it. I'll just try to explain my approach.
The idea behind it is pretty much how desmosome already guessed. The decisions are meant to gauge, if you as a player are interested in her, or not (let's exclude the bathroom scene here because see above).
Of course, I could've dragged it out more, but the whole situation could be material for half a game, or more.
And that wasn't my intention for the game.

As a side note: You're not locked out of her path yet, no matter what your decisions in Chapter 1 were. There will be options to "catch up". In fact, there already are a few in Chapter 2

I killed Bart. I still didn't get full marks.
I also killed Bart and resist succubus but got 3/4 with Medb. What else do I have to do?
I'm hesitating to answer these kinds of questions because it's way too easy for me to drift into spoiler territory.
I'll do it this time, tho. You get the hints for this from Eric (the guy in the kitchen).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] Unofficial Android Port + LaikDink's Multi Mod

- 764mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
As a side note: You're not locked out of her path yet, no matter what your decisions in Chapter 1 were. There will be options to "catch up". In fact, there already are a few in Chapter 2
The thing is, why would i want to "catch up" if she spent years acting as the MC's girlfriend and never developed any romantic feelings for him? I'd rather just move on and find someone that actually likes him, such as Elea (her route has been perfect for me so far). I think it would have been better if Kaija had come to love the MC regardless of choices and the points decided if he's willing to work things out with her. Thank you for the response though, i understand why you did it this way even if i don't agree with it.

Last edited:

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
There is music in the game. Just play it to hear it. The opening is a nice start ;)
My apologies, I asked if this has music, and someone said that there wasn't any. I promise you I'm not a troll, I misunderstood. Hope that you haven't blocked me, because I'm interested in your game again, and I would love to share my thoughts with you!

Last edited:

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
just an ordinary troll...dont bother with similar "there is no xyz thingy, ok, im out then" users/posts.
Again, not a troll, I was misled by someone else, and I want to apologize.

I'm sorry, I'm interested in the game now!

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
As I said before, looking back I'm not really happy with how I handled that. You have a chance to get those 2 points "back" at the start of Chapter 2. Changing it for Chapter 1 would've broken all save games.
[...]
I read your previous explanation and I see your point. Please consider these opinions as useful or interested feedback. Consider also new players having their contact with the game for the first time and not understanding the tweak you made at the beginning of chapter two. I see this as a bit of a hinderance for the future of your work and, even though you said you didn't want to break saves, perhaps this would be the right time to do it, as the game is still in the beginning...

You managed to create really nice characters, Kaija and Elea being my favorites, but Elea being the one for the reasons explained... And your story and setting seem really interesting. For this, it pains me to see so little support of your work.
As a patron of several other devs, I would advise you to invest some time in your patreon page. It's just a block of text that in any way makes justice to the quality of your work. Not a worthy showcase! I'm already spending too much money on AVNs and I can't find any way to support more projects, but yours sure is deserving, and perhaps we'll resume this topic in the future.
Wanted you to know that, besides the well intentioned criticism. From my observation of other quality AVNs here, if you keep the level and continue your work, recognition and money will come eventually.

Reactions: Gorse

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
The thing is, why would i want to "catch up" if she spent years acting as the MC's girlfriend and never developed any romantic feelings for him? I'd rather just move on and find someone that actually likes him, such as Elea (her route has been perfect for me so far). I think it would have been better if Kaija had come to love the MC regardless of choices and the points decided if he's willing to work things out with her. Thank you for the response though, i understand why you did it this way even if i don't agree with it.
Oh, we don't necessarily have to agree with each other to have a productive exchange of opinions.
You have a valid point and, please, never hesitate to tell your opinion on something.
It's those contrary views on things, that make you actually reflect your own opinion and grow.
Ok... as long as it's not "everything is shit, kkthxbye" :ROFLMAO:

I read your previous explanation and I see your point. Please consider these opinions as useful or interested feedback. Consider also new players having their contact with the game for the first time and not understanding the tweak you made at the beginning of chapter two. I see this as a bit of a hinderance for the future of your work and, even though you said you didn't want to break saves, perhaps this would be the right time to do it, as the game is still in the beginning...

You managed to create really nice characters, Kaija and Elea being my favorites, but Elea being the one for the reasons explained... And your story and setting seem really interesting. For this, it pains me to see so little support of your work.
As a patron of several other devs, I would advise you to invest some time in your patreon page. It's just a block of text that in any way makes justice to the quality of your work. Not a worthy showcase! I'm already spending too much money on AVNs and I can't find any way to support more projects, but yours sure is deserving, and perhaps we'll resume this topic in the future.
Wanted you to know that, besides the well intentioned criticism. From my observation of other quality AVNs here, if you keep the level and continue your work, recognition and money will come eventually.
Thank you! For the nice words, and the feedback.
Regarding the support:
I launched the Patreon page with Ch2. So it's public for roughly 3 days now.
Yes, it needs quite some work. And actual content. I admit, suck at this ;)
And you don't have to support financially. Feedback is (at least for me) as important as financial support. If not more important, to be honest.
So... you already do support me.

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
Jesus Christ on a Begode Master!!! :PogChamp:
What is this VN!?
As someone who plays Storyteller/Storytelling for more than a decade now, a big fan of stories with fantasy creatures in modern settings, a Member of and a Daz enthusiast, i'm really H Y P E D for this one!
Thanks and congratulations, Ceolag.
Wish you all the best with this project. Stick to your vision for this game and keep up the good work!

big_hawg

Jul 3, 2022
Is there any way to see if theres scenes ive missed? The gallery just seems to be unlocked images through achievements right? There was no h-scene with Kaija that i missed in episode 2?

Anyway def enjoy the game but i do wish there was a little more sexy scenes in it but thats just my opinion.

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
Is there any way to see if theres scenes ive missed? The gallery just seems to be unlocked images through achievements right? There was no h-scene with Kaija that i missed in episode 2?

Anyway def enjoy the game but i do wish there was a little more sexy scenes in it but thats just my opinion.
How about enjoy your own company and go drinking alone? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ceolag

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020

To answer the 2nd part of your question: You can use the achievements and the gallery entries as guidance for missed content/scenes. If there are (hidden) achievements or locked gallery entries remaining, you missed scenes.
If we're talking strictly lewd scenes, there's no indicator (yet).
I already thought about adding a replay gallery for the lewd scenes. Maybe I'll make that a feature in one of the next releases.

Aug 8, 2016
Hey, nice work! I can definitely see the Dresden Files inspiration. At first it was just a vague, "This seems kinda similar", then there was a bartender named Mac who mostly communicates in grunts which made it pretty clear :p

Keep up the good work, if I was to suggest one thing it would be to try and add in a bit more of generic background music, jumping between having music in the background to large swathes of silence got a bit jarring at times.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

Does the game have many LIs? I only really play once, so if I like two LIs I'll definitely give it up and find another. If there are few LIs, I may find that I'm only interested in one, if there are many, it's very likely that I will be interested in several.

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes