VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
And you know me. I usually stick with the first girl that I love. But as the story went on, I just couldn't deal with the lies and the bullshit. People kept telling me that her and the family did what was best for the MC. Total bullshit in my opinion. Lying and hiding shit from someone you supposedly love? Fuck that. THAT is always the WRONG thing to do. My opinion of course.
Yep, I know and I agree. Normally, that would be a deal breaker for me as well. What changed my mind? The way Ceolag writes her. By chapter 3 (when I was heartily rejecting Kaija) she was responding with the proverbial "humble and contrite" spirit and demonstrating a repentant heart. So, I decided to start over and give her a little more slack. To me, it seemed a good choice and she still demonstrated a humble and contrite spirit along with a definite appreciation for the second chance. It was the moment in the big argument before the trip to Neverwhere when she suddenly saw that she was wrong that turned it around for me.

Edit: But, I'm still pissed at Mom and Dad. I hope we get a chance to talk now that Dad's back. And, if you're listening, dev, I'm sooooooo gonna unload on them!

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yep, I know and I agree. Normally, that would be a deal breaker for me as well. What changed my mind? The way Ceolag, writes her. By chapter 3 (when I was heartily rejecting Kaija) she was responding with the proverbial "humble and contrite" spirit and demonstrating a repentant heart. So, I decided to start over and give her a little more slack. To me, it seemed a good choice and she still demonstrated a humble and contrite spirit along with a definite appreciation for the second chance. It was the moment in the big argument before the trip to Neverwhere when she suddenly saw that she was wrong that turned it around for me.
I restarted this morning and went on the Fiona path. No real red flags yet. She's written very well, so I'll stick with her this playthru.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I restarted this morning and went on the Fiona path. No real red flags yet. She's written very well, so I'll stick with her this playthru.
I am tempted just by the hot redheadedness. (y) I suspect that , down the road, that may be an even better choice than we can now know. There's more there than meets the eye.

Reactions: Dark Silence

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I think, you're all have a solid point, to add, that what MC and his sister were exposed at, is considered the worst form of violence and abuse, the overprotection.
and there is no whitening.
The point is that when MC understands what their intention was ( to ensure their children a carefree and safe life ) he is able to mature emotionally and be up to the task to take the legacy of his father.
and that is good displayed here, MC acts like a spoiled brat in Chapter 2 and if you choose to forgive her, (Telenovela worthy mellow drama here) you are up to the task, and start to see things from a differnt perspective, that is what Lin tells you that you go and make "peace" with Kaija, and all start to make more sense, (Motsy pointed it out) if you're not, then MC acts a bit inmature and douchy but eventually will evolve trough the Adventure.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
You're mostly right. Not this time. I loved Kaija at the start, but it slowly went down hill. By the end of .3, I was just done with her. Also, the Templars can burn for all I care. I haven't finished this update, but I hope we have get a choice to say fuck them.
What? Do you owe them money? Is your real name Philip or Clement? ;)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I suspect that Fiona is either Medbs little sister, the rouge part of that family, or a rouge princess of another race "Fairy" i would guess.
And that the Queens resent towards humans is because she sufferd a big betrayal from one, leaving her with her both daughters alone and hurt.
a bit the story of Malefica we shall see ;)

Reactions: gojira667

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I think, you're all have a solid point, to add, that what MC and his sister were exposed at, is considered the worst form of violence and abuse, the overprotection.
The point is that when MC understands what their intention was ( to ensure their children a carefree and safe life ) he is able to mature emotionally and be up to the task to take the legacy of his father.
and that is good displayed here, MC acts like a spoiled brat in Chapter 2 and if you choose to forgive her, (Telenovela worthy mellow drama here) you are up to the task, and start to see things from a differnt perspective, that is what Lin tells you that you go and make "peace" with Kaija, and all start to make more sense, (Motsy pointed it out) if you're not, then MC acts a bit inmature and douchy but eventually will evolve trough the Adventure.
insight.gif
And... the insight of the day award goes to... what xap saidTM

What? Do you owe them money? Is your real name Philip or Clement? ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
They didn't 'nudge' her at all. It was basically her MO....get close..become friend...stick as close as you can. Their whole entire relationship...is...a...lie. Ava (God bless her...I love her to bits) made some comments. Their entire relationship is based on a lie. Sure she can try and use the whole puppy dog sad eyes excuse of I fell in love with you but she has been lying for their entire relationship...from being children. And some wonder why some of us want nothing to do with her or anyone related to her and the good ole Temp's? (who as an aside, seem to be fucking useless as an organisation..I'll ask again, why are the Elves actually bothered? Doesn't seem like the Templars could stop a fucking blind man from raiding the godamn biscuit barrel).

Her whole life as been the Templars. She was groomed in the Templars to be the MC's bodyguard. This isn't some shit like has been said about gov workers. Generally, wives of gov workers KNOW who they are married to and understand that 'shop talk' is off the table. They KNOW their other half cannot discuss work.

This is nothing like that. Kaija from being a kid was groomed and raised as a Templar, with the specific MO to look after the MC. Damn fucking right I'd want nothing to do with someone who's lied to me for the better part of going on for 15 to 20 years. Is anyone here actually sane and stable enough to understand the number one killer of any relationship? Trust...or to be more precise, a lack of it....right along with keeping secrets.

Which leads us to: Daddy dearest is apparantly soooooooooo fuuuuuuucking important in the world....could face any number of political and inter species problems....yeah...let's keep that shit a secret from our son...because you know...no one would ever think of getting to him to use against us...would they? Right? right....guys? Now, from a story perspective, you can have opinions on that...from a perspective of being all hey secret crazy dangerous society that almost got me fucking killed because of your secrets....want me to help you now...rescue the ole man...help you fix your shit?....

Yeah no...I'll be on my way thanks...and btw...keep the ex with you...bye.
I 100% agree that trust is the most important aspect of a relationship. While trust is the foundation of one, we have constant and heartful conversations between partners to keep building and solidifying such relationships. Still, I don't think there was malice or bad intentions from Kaija to have a relationship with the MC. It's really common for someone to say that you will look together with someone or it would be good to be with someone and the templer organization did exactly that. The thing is that MC was Kaija's closest friend since childhood and maybe the relationship didn't start with her liking him romantically but she did care for him as you would care for your best friend whom she had known since childhood. Now, without a doubt, such feelings wouldn't take much time to flourish into liking him and then into love. With all of that out of the way she did a fuck up a thing but she did it with good intentions and without malice so I think she does deserve a second chance and I'm a person who doesn't believe in second chances. The problem lies in how the dev constructed her path as the more points you have with her the more she acts as how I described her, and the fewer points she as a robot without attachment and feelings which is suspicious as she has been with him since they were teens and she not some femme fatale spy in her teens. Come on...

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
So, being mature means kissing everyone's ass after all the bullshit? Pass. I'll stay immature and douchey if that's the case.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
So, being mature means kissing everyone's ass after all the bullshit? Pass. I'll stay immature and douchey if that's the case.
Hey, that wasn't what i wanted to express, but it is a good counter, ;) :LOL:what I was talking about if "junior Callister" has to take the reigns of the Templars, then he has to trascend his resent, (Although kissing Kaijas ass isn't necesarly a bad thing for me)
and not questioning that Trust is the base of every relationship ! just saying that understanding is the key to move on and overcome the grief fast.
And Kaija implies that she had a crush on MC since ever since, there is nothing wrong with being proud and not wanting a relship with her,

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Hey, that wasn't what i wanted to express, but it is a good counter, ;) :LOL:what I was talking about if "junior Callister" has to take the reigns of the Templars, then he has to trascend his resent, (Although kissing Kaijas ass isn't necesarly a bad thing for me)
and not questioning that Trust is the base of every relationship ! just saying that understanding is the key to move on and overcome the grief fast.
And Kaija implies that she had a crush on MC since ever since, there is nothing wrong with being proud and not wanting a relship with her,
I know what you meant, bro. I just see it differently. I truly hope we are given other choices than just taking up where our father left off. Ceolag can call it the the dark path or the douchebag path, it doesn't really matter. Hell, he can call it "The End" if he wants. :ROFLMAO:

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I find it kinda strange that people seem to keep using "Trust is the base of every relationship" as a reason to not give her any...

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Fiona is very much not human and probably connected to Neverwhere somehow whilst Elea is either going to be his last connection to a normal life or a centuries old Succubus with an IT kink.
Damn! Now I gotta start over again! I always wanted to have a thing with an IT Succ-u-bus? Nah, you know I'll go for the redhead, Ava... Especially if it turns out she's a leprechaun :p.

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
From my understanding, MC and Kaija have known each other since they were children and they are each other first love. The organization did nudge Kaija to develop a relationship with MC as she was the closest to him but from my understanding, it was fated to happen. They have been with each other since they were teens right?
I don't see what people think so badly of Kaija about.
They have been friends since teens, but first love yes and no, depends on the points you get with her in chapter 1.
If you only get lets say 2 points with her, she will not be first love since she will never have had any feelings for MC other then a friend, but still went on to be in a relationship with MC due to her job to make it easiere to protect MC, but that still means she got paid to be in that relationship aka a hooker/whore since she never saw MC as a potential lover at all and went on lieing for years to MC, thats why people might end out hating her in a big way like i did.

But if you get 4 or 5 points with her she will be first love and it will be alot better and make more sense to want to be with her.

I never really liked that those few points means soooo damn much in chapter 1 since it really ruins her as a character if you dont get enough points.

With Kaija you have almost 22 point or so if I'm not mistaken
Yes but i was talking about chapter 1 only, that what really sets what kind of character she is and theres a huge diffrens if you get 2 or 5 points with her.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes