VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Well, time to inhale some copium and hope that the MC can use Nimue's powers to time travel and somehow save Finnabair
I mean, they do both stop to chat with her, and it's explicitly mentioned that Nimue can enter the lake and emerge at a different place AND time of her choosing. And she seems to like both of them, the MC in particular. If it wouldn't cause some sort of universe ending paradox I don't think having her carry a note is too much to ask...

Go into your Ren'Py save data folder in appdata (hidden folder), see if anything is in your "tokens" folder.
2 text files, one named "security keys" modified in 2023, the other named "upgraded", last modified today when playing this game, which seems to contain a list of every Ren'Py game I've played. It's extensive.

Any idea what these things are / do (asking as the full system scan is running)?

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I also dl'd it from rpdl torrents. Not gofile. I know they've deleted the torrent already, but as far as I can tell, it's clean.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
2 text files, one named "security keys" modified in 2023, the other named "upgraded", last modified today when playing this game, which seems to contain a list of every Ren'Py game I've played. It's extensive.

Any idea what these things are / do (asking as the full system scan is running)?
Security tokens for saves

So it's 2 executables if we got malwared?
Yes, but it looks like before the malware persons site got overloaded or went down so the affected might be a very small amount.

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

tanpro260196

Dec 5, 2017
Security tokens for saves

Yes, but it looks like before the malware persons site got overloaded or went down so the affected might be a very small amount.
The site is still up but it just redirect to a youtube video now instead of the actual payload.
The script also have a kill switch, it only run if you PC time is before after 8/1/2024.

Last edited:

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
What are you talking about, you know to compress it, the game has to be already on SITE right???

I guess he will be even more upset when he finds out that someone leaked it to spread malware :rolleyes:
You misunderstand, I am not blaming compressed, just said I had no idea game leaked until I saw compressed.
I honestly thought Ceolag himself decided to release it early for some reason and went to Patreon to get it there.
Saw rant and then realized it leaked.

No hits on Defender or Malwarebytes. Gofile download.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
No hits on Defender or Malwarebytes. Gofile download.
It won't hit like that; it has to be run and the file needs to be downloaded. Like I said above, you would know if you have it by checking that folder.

The site is still up but it just redirect to a youtube video now instead of the actual payload.
The script also have a kill switch, it only run if you PC time is before 8/1/2024.
Yeah, that link was the first think I checked and seen the YouTube video :ROFLMAO:

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
This game tried to connect internet at launch and didn't launch at all when I prevented connection.
Previous version didn't do that shit. Game deleted.

I play these games only offline, especially since month or two ago some of them managed to install cryptominer into my computer (replacing browser's add-on).
If this malware talk started from this post of mine, let me clarify that I didn't find malwares from this game. I deleted this because it wanted to connect internet and I couldn't play it once I refused connection.

Not letting these games connect into internet has always been my policy and has prevented me from playing, for example Palmer's games.

The malware incident happened month or two earlier (few days before there was notify about malwares on F95's front page.)
I can't remember what game that was. I just thought that it was weird coincidence when Firefox updated some addon right when I was unzipping game. Windows defender and Malwarebytes didn't find anything, but week or two later when I checked my computer with Roguekiller, it found cryptominer.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
What are you talking about, you know to compress it, the game has to be already on SITE right???
Did I say you leaked it? No. I wrote I saw your post first and recognized because of that the game is leaked. I know my english isn't the best but I think I was understandable there.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Did I say you leaked it? No. I wrote I saw your post first and recognized because of that the game is leaked. I know my english isn't the best but I think I was understandable there.
No the person who leaked it is already banned. It also wasn't leaked in this thread but in a Request thread only (from what I saw)

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I also dl'd it from rpdl torrents. Not gofile. I know they've deleted the torrent already, but as far as I can tell, it's clean.
It wasn't unfortunately, I saw the comment almost immediately and checked our version and it had the same code so I reached out to staff here and deleted it. I've reworked our code too to see if we can get better at detecting it. Ahhhh
If you're on MAC/Linux btw it doesn't affect you, it solely targets windows so if you downloaded the torrent it'd definitely be in your best interests to do all the usual scans etc and make sure you're safe.

ethanadam

Jan 15, 2024
It wasn't unfortunately, I saw the comment almost immediately and checked our version and it had the same code so I reached out to staff here and deleted it. I've reworked our code too to see if we can get better at detecting it. Ahhhh
If you're on MAC/Linux btw it doesn't affect you, it solely targets windows so if you downloaded the torrent it'd definitely be in your best interests to do all the usual scans etc and make sure you're safe.
Are you sure?
I just woke up an read all this then started worrying because Im used to not thinking about Anti Virus on Linux
I actually still have both the Game Folder and the Torrent File in my Downloads folder
Would be a huge relief if I'm not affected

Reactions: RPDL

baklol

Aug 13, 2018
well i extracted it but not run the file so i am also affected ??not showing anything in windows defender

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
well i extracted it but not run the file so i am also affected ??not showing anything in windows defender
It won't show up until you try and run it. I believe if you dl before the new files went up, you will get infected when you run it. (unless your virus protection stops it of course).

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes