Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Around the corner?
has there been knew info on the next update?
Last Patreon post was for Halloween, so it's obvious we're getting something soon (mega-extreme-sarcasm intended). You could also try @'ing toadboi and hope he comes to reply

zxcvbnm098765

Jan 8, 2020
support the patreon if you want this to go any faster, i think if he hits $500 a month he will put more time on it. which to be honest with the artstyle, and how crisp the story.. im surprise he is asking only that much.. hopefully he gets the recognition he deserve, also blacktoad is only one person, solodev... so there's that

narutoking2042

Nov 14, 2021
From the Discord Announcements -

About the V0.9b

Ok, so… I hope all of the bugs are gone now. There were a lot of small things I had to fix and improve, some of them:

- The car drive animation should look better now.
- When you pick up a package for Mery and Gabi, it will be in the inventory.
- The walking sound and music should work in every scene as planned.
- In most of the scenes/days, there will be money in the Bar storage room and Boris will tell you to pick it up if you need it.
- After you talk to Vasyl about Boris and the boys, you can get a bag-man job from him to deliver some cash and get cut from it. You can make money and you will meet Katja.
- Every main girl now has her first illustration when you first see them in the game.
- You can give Gina a necklace when she gives you a jacket (you don’t have to).
- Some static NPCs to give a world more life, and one new NPC - Mr. Hughes.
- Missing items - fixed.
- Stuck after Vasyl and TV - fixed.
- Fixed some events which could be triggered multiple times.
- Some changes to points and stats.

Uploaded V0.9b to Gofile >>

Uploaded Art 2022 to Gofile >>

Henriyk

Jun 8, 2020
More patreons or months between updates are undoubtedly his agenda. What's more unfortunate is that he doesn't understand that this is how you lose patreons - if quite frankly, that's not the way to treat your supporter. if you don't have the time for it, why create a patreon account?. Because you want to profit from it!, fine enough, but then you have also created a requirement for content for your paid supporters. You don't deliver that well enough for someone like me to pay for it. But anyway, good luck to you Blacktoad, your game was interesting and high quality in terms of possibilities. Sadly i think you missed the chance to create something unique because of your workflow which is frustratingly slow. I will check your game in a year and maybe you have left it?, or maybe the update is called 0.9.f?:sneaky:.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Gosamr and eeyye

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
i tried this game today and i liked it a lot but now im reading this thread and i became sad because its probably another game with a lot of potential that will never be finished :(

aj1

Aug 5, 2016

1672699906495.png

"It was an awesome year. This game is the hardest and biggest thing I ever worked on and now it’s the longest. The pressure is real, but I feel more confident with every step. Especially this update, because I basically went through the whole game again. I would love it if this time next year The Night Driver is done. I don’t know if that is possible and I was wrong about most predictions I made about the dev, but I can always try.

See you in the next one, I wish you all the best.

Thank you for everything."

Some additional tidbits from the patreon as well as a mac link.

To be honest this is where i unsub for now. This piece of information along with zero communication and poor updates, just gives me bad vibes.

I was in for the long haul, its a great project, i get that it hasn't got the financial support it deserves but still, its the basics that are lacking for me. And it feels like a winterlook type situation where a dev rushes to the end. I mean there's meant to be 3 acts and were not even done with act 1 yet, but wants the project done.

Version 9, came out the 27 July. 156 days for V0.9B, that's 42% of the year.

Anyway, I've said my piece.

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
Got a bug when I tried to visit the hotel. The game just returned to the home location and nothing happened. The hotel point has disappeared from the map.
which game version are you playing?
are you using an old save on a new version of the game?

xerofaith

May 13, 2018
I just started this game and I'm running into problems. When MC get the phone call, I'm guessing the other character is supposed to be on screen when her dialogue pops up, but all I got was quick flashes that never stayed on screen long enough for me to even see who it was. Also, once I leave MC's apartment, I can't reenter the apartment or go into the store. The doors highlight when I mouse over them, but when I click on them to pull up the interface, it flashes on the screen and disappears before I can click on anything. What am I doing wrong here?

4.60 star(s) 136 Votes