DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
We wanted to separate the romance from the main story so player's aren't forced to date someone just to get a better outcome or anything like that.
I mean, we're still kinda forced to date and progress with Rogue first, to the point where she's okay with other girls in the mix.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I know it's hard but, you can choose not to date rogue first, I've done runs with Laura and Jean as the first girlfriend. Hurts my soul as rogues the best girl but still, it can be done
Yeah, can't really see myself giving up on Rogue completely.
I just wish the jealousy script was a tad less obnoxious. Just had her flip her shit after she had already agreed to let me see other girls, presumably because I started before she was cool with it.

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
Yeah, can't really see myself giving up on Rogue completely.
I just wish the jealousy script was a tad less obnoxious. Just had her flip her shit after she had already agreed to let me see other girls, presumably because I started before she was cool with it.
We've had a few people mention this and it seems like a bug of some sort. It's not intentional for you to get berated if a girl previously said she was okay with it.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Not sure what you mean. At no point is romance with any of the girls a requirement for story progress.
Fair, let me rephrase that.
If you're going for a full harem you're pretty much required to progress the girls one by one up to a point or you'll get hit with the whole trust loss thingy repeatedly. I understand the logic behind it, but it's hard to get excited about handjobs and thigh rubbing when the girl next door is already deepthroating you on the regular.

Truth to be told, the entire sex system is a bit awkward and very, very clicky but I assume that's just a temporary development issue and will be streamlined later on.

EliteXcross

Sep 11, 2021
how do i progress rogue and jeans friendship, ive tried the pool and sunbathing but cant get rogue to agree to letting mc date jean

Sarakash

Jun 5, 2019
how do i progress rogue and jeans friendship, ive tried the pool and sunbathing but cant get rogue to agree to letting mc date jean
You have to reach a certain threshold with either love /trust (not entirly sure wich is more important). Around 550 should be enough iirc.

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
While choosing "How would you compare the difficulty of the curriculum to a normal university's?" option, an error occurs a while later (not immediately):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.UnoptimizedTexture object at 0x0000000012d529d0>:
Exception: Could not load image 'characters/Rogue/images/standing/Rogue_standing.1024/texture_18.webp': error('Failed to allocate SDL_Surface')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\main.py", line 635, in main
    run(restart)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\main.py", line 145, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 955, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "scripts/events/chapter_one/day_one.rpyc", line 626, in script call
  File "scripts/mechanics/characters.rpyc", line 315, in script call
  File "scripts/mechanics/characters.rpyc", line 229, in script
  File "lib/python3.9/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
  File "scripts/events/chapter_one/day_one.rpyc", line 626, in script call
  File "scripts/mechanics/characters.rpyc", line 315, in script call
  File "scripts/mechanics/characters.rpyc", line 229, in script
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1363, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired=paired)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1786, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1548, in do_with
    return self.interact(trans_pause=True,
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2165, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2818, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1352, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 260, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 900, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 384, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 900, in render
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 957, in render
    return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 978, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 413, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 957, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 978, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 413, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 513, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 316, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 380, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1562, in render
    cr = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 513, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 316, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\gl2\live2d.py", line 967, in render
    textures = [ renpy.display.im.render_for_texture(d, width, height, st, at) for d in common.textures ]
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\gl2\live2d.py", line 967, in <listcomp>
    textures = [ renpy.display.im.render_for_texture(d, width, height, st, at) for d in common.textures ]
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 2120, in render_for_texture
    return renpy.display.im.cache.get(d, texture=True)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 309, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1946, in load
    return self.image.load()
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 761, in load
    raise e
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 722, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(f, filename)
  File "N:\F95\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\TheNullHypothesis-0.4b-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 201, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}{}: {!r}".format(filename, extra, e))
Exception: Could not load image 'characters/Rogue/images/standing/Rogue_standing.1024/texture_18.webp': error('Failed to allocate SDL_Surface')

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Just to be clear, the girls can't wear cum openly yet, right?
Nope and unless the writers plan on changing their approach to public stuff, you shouldn't expect them to proudly walk through the quad with jizz on their face.

I mean, we're still kinda forced to date and progress with Rogue first, to the point where she's okay with other girls in the mix.
I know this has already got a response but I'm just gonna make it clear for everyone, the game can be completed 100% platonically.

You can even do the majority of a girl's quests without dating them. It is important to the dev team to allow players to experience stories even if you don't want to bone them.

Especially since some storylines from the comics will be tied to specific girls.

I understand the logic behind it, but it's hard to get excited about handjobs and thigh rubbing when the girl next door is already deepthroating you on the regular.
We'll... Look into this.

We're ever trying to balance things without compromising the story.

I mean since it's a poly relationship instead of an open one, maybe girls entering will be willing to do more stuff earlier than normal due to encouragement from the other girls.

We have some characters planned where this won't help much. Though when you see the why I believe most people will be understanding.

Truth to be told, the entire sex system is a bit awkward and very, very clicky but I assume that's just a temporary development issue and will be streamlined later on.
We have an auto mode.

However, we are going to be fixing the system beyond the constant "Can I" issue.

Since I haven't mentioned it in a while, the reason it's this egregious is that we went a bit far in response to people being hyper-aggressive in wanting to be able to be mean to girls in ways that I assume Oni told them no when they ran the idea by him for RLE.

So we were slightly fueled by spite against people who basically demanded we turn our game into a domestic abuse simulator.

an error occurs
I'll toss it over to Ron.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
We have an auto mode.

However, we are going to be fixing the system beyond the constant "Can I" issue.

Since I haven't mentioned it in a while, the reason it's this egregious is that we went a bit far in response to people being hyper-aggressive in wanting to be able to be mean to girls in ways that I assume Oni told them no when they ran the idea by him for RLE.

So we were slightly fueled by spite against people who basically demanded we turn our game into a domestic abuse simulator.
I appreciate the reply, but auto mode is not the answer. That just turns endless clicking into endless waiting. Slight exageration on my part but I've tried the auto mode and it's not fun.

Constant asking for permission aside, the whole sex system feels a bit mechanic and bland. You either flip through as many different options as you can for that A grade, or, if you don't care about min-maxing, you turn it on auto and wait for it to be over.
It would be great if there was a middle ground that didn't take as long, didn't require as much clicking and allowed the player to focus more on what they're into and not just what the girls seem to prefer.

More importantly, it's all just restricted to that one system. All you can do outside it is flirt, get a kiss, a hug or maybe run your hand through her hair. Anything more and you have to go through the whole fool-around process.
Except for some fixed date options there's no way to get in a quick boob grab, or a stealthy fingering in a hallway or a hidden blowjob under a desk. It's very much all or nothing and starts to feel more like a chore once you've seen most options at least once.

I understand this is a work in progress and I'm sure you have plans to improve on all that, but it's a bit unfortunate that the supposedly hottest part of the game is currently the least fun for me, despite the nice artwork.

QuangLakos

Mar 14, 2024
Is it possible to achieve a harem in the game? I know there is a "harem" tag but I still want to ask for confirmation, I haven't dug deep into the game yet.

4.60 star(s) 143 Votes