shiroyuk

Aug 25, 2019
I just uploaded v0.3c to my Google Drive!

changelog:

- trying out new fonts
- game runs at a native 1080p now, should help with image cache related crashes and performance issues
- fix for Laura piercing issue
- dirty fix for the scrunched buttons that no longer requires restarting
- game now ends with a message after getting to the end of content that is "ready"
- prologue and that's it
- little demonstration of doggy animations at the end

I'll figure out the rest of the UI tomorrow.
I am able to play is no longer crashing and saving.

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Every time I try to launch it it goes on about pickle protocol 5. Probably a joiplay thing.
I think I started hearing about that bug when Ren'Py 8 came out, sounds like joiplay doesn't interface well with games built in it. I'll build an Android distribution when I remember.

Keenan69

Oct 20, 2018
"It's no longer a mod of Rogue-Like, but its own project" -ronchonbon
That makes sense because this looked like a rip off of rogue like but now it makes sense to me

pingp

Apr 14, 2017
Art is great, but UI is too Rogue-like.

Like stitched images from many sources into the Rogue-like code game.

Swiffo

Feb 2, 2018
Let me know if you want to use my variant renpy extension. It lets you define tagged labels and does conditionals, priorities and random selection stuff automatically.

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
Wait, so Project Redacted has been undeadified?

Well, I'm both excited, but my expectations are definitely tempered after the previous fiasco.
Fingers crossed

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
Man, I read upto page 7~8 to get an idea of the climate.

Ron yo, you need to like... Toughen up on the criticism?
Let's see, I'm trying to say nice things, but like you're going to receive sooo much shit for literally the dumbest reasons or completely legit reasons, either way a lot of the time its going to be shit... I'm not saying don't take feedback, but also like follow your road and leave the haters behind.

What I'm saying is, Turn your Patreon back on, get yo money, keep working, get properly compensated for yo work.

The truth is, more projects end up abandoned because of IRL than because of haters.
You can reduce your irl suckage by having money, and as long as you're earning that money, then fuck all the whiners.

Nightwings

Jan 17, 2018
For now Oni has little to worry about... can't say I liked it cause it has so many bugs actually... but if that game gets updated weekly or at least twice a month, bugs fixing, girls faces while sexing them, and with plenties of new stuff Rogue Like doesn't have, it may just do the trick !
Also I admit actually, Oni isn't very active with Rogue-Like theese last times... only adding a new girl every year and very few new content...

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
ronchonbon
you gonna continue with rogue's assets or do a mix? what's there so far is looking pleasing, I'd say focus on Rogue for a while.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
ronchonbon
you gonna continue with rogue's assets or do a mix? what's there so far is looking pleasing, I'd say focus on Rogue for a while.

Based on discussions, Rogue isn't going to be the primary focus. In fact, I don't believe she'll even be the initial tour guide in the big update/relaunch.

Despite a messy start this isn't going to be Rogue-Like but with a plot and different art. The UI issue has been addressed and is receiving a massive overhaul to the point where it's no longer comparable.

A set of girls have been chosen and they'll be the focus with future characters being added once they're fleshed out. No one is going to be added for the sake of adding while others are unfinished.

An actual story beyond the premise has been outlined, and some art will be done for non-romanceable characters who will serve a purpose in-game.

We're even distancing things from X-Men Evolution. Rogue will still be goth but we're gonna go with more comic stuff.

Edit: None of this is meant to be read as shade being thrown at Oni. Just explaining that things are going to be going in a different direction. Oni's getting an inspiration credit but it's not going to be the same game.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Based on discussions, Rogue isn't going to be the primary focus. In fact, I don't believe she'll even be the initial tour guide in the big update/relaunch.

Despite a messy start this isn't going to be Rogue-Like but with a plot and different art. The UI issue has been addressed and is receiving a massive overhaul to the point where it's no longer comparable.

A set of girls have been chosen and they'll be the focus with future characters being added once they're fleshed out. No one is going to be added for the sake of adding while others are unfinished.

An actual story beyond the premise has been outlined, and some art will be done for non-romanceable characters who will serve a purpose in-game.

We're even distancing things from X-Men Evolution. Rogue will still be goth but we're gonna go with more comic stuff.

Edit: None of this is meant to be read as shade being thrown at Oni. Just explaining that things are going to be going in a different direction. Oni's getting an inspiration credit but it's not going to be the same game.
Oh I see, which girls are gonna be romance able/fuggable overall then?
In this case how many poses per girl, which actions are we gonna be able to do?

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes