Ren'Py - The Null Hypothesis [v0.5b] [Ron Chon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BayJay47

This is a remarkably high quality game. The art is excellent, the storyline and character development are surprisingly deep, and the sex scenes are interactive, bringing a level of realism that is often lacking. The women will respond to your relationship level, so if you try to do something more than they aren't "ready" for then they will deny you... until you convince them ;)

I am quite pleasantly surprised to be honest. I had very low expectations, but I was proven wrong. I will definitely be following this game.

My only wish would be to see the girls from more angles, and to allow the same progression system to continue for things like threesomes, new love interests, etc.

Also, the trust stat grind is a bit much.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Shaden007

This game is excellent. I expected the visuals to be better than Oni's game, but I did not expect the story to be better... Especially when I saw the story was written by the not-so-illustrious "Buttholder". But the story *is* better. Good job guys - keep it up.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Kabbak

THe game has a nice story telling, the interface is streamliend and clean and the drawings of the characters are of high quality. It does not reinvent the wheel but so far quite solid. I hope they continue it
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Sayajin2205

It's great this is everything what I wanted from rogue like evolution this has actual romance and the characters actually have depth also I like the humor and the male characters are great aswell.This is simply a superior version of rogue like evolution better art an actual story better character depth and personality.Also the hint of combat being there is great what kind of mutant would the mc be if he can't fight.The only problem with this game might be the sex minigame it's way too Grindy apart from that I got no complaints
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Chronwalk

Review of current version. v0.3a
    I tested out this game when it first got released, let it cook for a bit, and came back to it, and I have to say, I am quite surprised, artist knows what it's doing, developer does so, and the inspiration from Rogue-Like evolution is all over the place, so if I make comparisons while you read this, don't take it personal...

Pros:
    - A lot of Music sound and design here was put out...
    - Visually very appealing, and I don't mean only the heroines, but also the enviroments...
    - Plot rich, story driven narrative...
    - A skill tree that lets you develop a bit of skills...
    - Nightcrawler is a real homie...
    - Vast amount of events (the majority non sexual) to progress and get attached to characters...

Cons:
    - Currently it is very, very grindy, and I don't mean to level up only particularly, but rather to increase the stats, on this game you have only love and trust in Rogue-like evolution, to get this on par, you have an addiction gauge that increases if characters get physical contact with you, as you can also abuse this to force a bit of intimacy here... It's much more focused on slowburn and romantic development, not something I oppose but rather would enjoy, if it focused a bit more on some spicy events, or if the addictive touch from Rogue-like was added here too, it was developed a bit more in depth (Laura going fully into heat and using you as a living dildo if you left her go full dommy on you, Jean going full "big sis" roleplay on you, Rogue going all submissive, hell we even being able to buy her a maid outfit and teasing her about wearing it, are some choices)...
    - I would, personally, put the skilltree option from the start (regarding levelling up the stamina)...
    - While you're free to "spend" your time as you please,
    - The way the game seems to be going, seems to potentially hint at combat which would separate it quite a bit from Rogue-like...
    - Current major lack of events, this is something I'm sure it'll be adressed very soon, so I'm not worried...
    - It's quicker to increase Love gauge than Trust gauge, either give a few events that increase Trust gauge as much as those that increase Love, or oomph it up a bit to be on par (or give the same values)...

Personal opinion: I am enjoying what I've been playing so far, I did my best to give constructive criticism, and while the cons list seems big, it's just things that all of them can be worked on since the project seems to be still getting made up and early on it's development, let the dev cook, I'd say, they seem to know what they're doing, what I do hope, is that their passion isn't falling, because there is a lot of passion and talent on the narrative and story being told here. Take your 5 stars, I expect to see more of this, and to review it on the future again...
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ChaoticGamer207

You are doing justice to rouge like evolution both games are fun and 5 star worthy i cant wait to see what else comes out for this game i have already sunk quite a few hours into it and have enjoyed every second
  7. 3.00 star(s)

RevPaco

If you've played Rogue-like Revolution, you'll immediately notice this game takes heavy inspiration from many aspects of the gameplay and locations, with some comic book themes and stylistic decisions overlaid on top. That's all fine.

The strongest differences between the two games are the main girls' personalities, which are well defined and different enough from Rogue-like (though the baseline stereotypes are similar).

Other differences are the art style(it's fine), and the game does have story progression check points, which is a nice touch and keeps things moving.

The main issue is the gameplay does not innovate on the original, and you generally have a single approach(Love and Trust stats) to get in the good graces of the girls to progress the sex options. Rogue-Like used a combination of the Love, Submission, and Exhibition stats which allowed different approaches and variations to scenes.

Creating outfits doesn't feel as easy as the UI would make you think. Besides a general laggy feeling, the girls have an exhibition score that defines how 'risky' an outfit they are willing to wear, which I found was usually between 200-500, but for the life of me I couldn't get a risky score higher than 20/30 without it jumping to 1000+(because they were essentially nude in their lower or upper torso). I may have missed something but I didn't end up playing around with it too much as it didn't feel great.

The body types all feel similar except Laura who's got the same body type but ripped(still sexy).

The MCs background and character progression are great but have no impact on gameplay except as a general measure to how far you can go with a girl.

It's fine, if you want a more romantic version of Rogue-Like with a deeper narrative then this should be up your alley. If you want deeper mechanics but more shallow personalities, you may want to check out Rogue-Like.

It is grindy tho, damn. Consider using cheats/console.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

PhantomRem

Review For The Null Hypothesis (v0.2b)
    I can't stress enough how incredible this game is! Even though I've played everything the current version has to offer, I still can't get enough. The developers' passion for the x-men universe shines through in every aspect of the game, from the amazing comic book vibes to the captivating storytelling.

Right now, there are only three romance options, and I have a feeling Storm will be the final female option. But who knows, maybe there will be more in the future? Despite having just three love interests, the developers have done an outstanding job integrating them into the story and making them blend seamlessly with the main character.

It's been a while since I've read any x-men comics or watched the movies, but this game truly immerses you in the x-men universe. Laura is hands down my favorite character, and I appreciate the attention she receives in this game.

The dating system is almost perfect with a few things that can get improved on, and the user interface is easy to navigate. Building friendships with the girls and progressing your relationship by hanging out, training, and studying together is a major part of the game, and it never gets dull. As the main character discovers more about his overpowered powers, he becomes stronger, and the girls are always there to support him which is something I really liked.

The game is still in its early stages, and the story is far from over, and I'm eagerly anticipating more exciting developments. Currently, most of the game revolves around spending time with the girls and deepening your relationship with them. Once you meet certain requirements with all the girls, you progress through the story, which includes thrilling sections where the main character uncovers something new about his powers and confronts some badass marvel villains. (The "I'm the Juggernaut" moment had me in stitches, as it reminded me of the original video. I'm grateful that the developers included that joke.)

Now onto the best part of the game that I absolutely loved - the interactive sexual scenes. To be honest, I believe other games should take notes from this game because the freedom to explore various choices and ways to have a good time with the characters was fantastic. What made it even better was the fact that you couldn't just jump into bed with them automatically. You had to establish a genuine connection, earn their love and trust, and then unlock new actions which made the experience truly feel rewarding.

The game's progression wasn't too tedious either, and depending on the time you invest in this game, you could complete everything in just 1-3 days.

Considering everything I've mentioned, I genuinely hope this game doesn't get abandoned because it holds immense potential. Honestly, it's one of the finest Marvel parody adult games I've ever experienced. So, if you haven't given it a try yet, what are you waiting for?
  9. 5.00 star(s)

OldHorsefly

Making a game with good immersion needs both optimum level of coding and artitistics. It's like putting ingredients and flavour in jambalaya, too little or too much spoils the whole dish, they have to be in balance. Devs have hit to a sweet spot and create great ladies with seductive essence and somehow refreshing flow that kept this old wanker playing. This is fun and horny.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

kw96

Great art, great game. I haven't liked a game sinci this one for a l,ong time. Hopefully, this game wont be abndoned like many.

If you are wondering should you play this gmae, the answer is yes.

Biggest gripe with the game is how messy and clunky the phone is. I also for the life of me do not know how to hcek the amount of money I have.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

vlksvk

Great game. Top notch art and dialogues great as well.Girls imo are looking much better then in rogue-like:evolution. This is not just a simple copy of a game that already exists. I am suprised how good the story is. Great potentional, hopefully the devs will keep working on it for a long time. Cant wait for more content.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

cannavaro99

wanna let the devs know that this game is amazing and i'm hooked- spent the whole day on this. no regrets. this is amazing and i spent the whole night tring to get down on x-23. the art is amazing and the writing is really good.
    please let more kinks in in the next versions!
    all the best
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Squidward J. Q. Tentacles

"The Null Hypothesis" is a sandbox game that explores the interactions between the player character, a male protagonist, and various female X-Men members including Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde, X-23, and Storm. Developed by Imaginary Realms Studios, the game blends elements of open-world exploration with narrative-driven interactions in the mutant-filled universe.
    The game introduces an intriguing premise, allowing players to navigate the dynamic relationships within the X-Men world. The sandbox format provides players with the freedom to explore iconic locations like the Xavier Institute, the Danger Room, and the bustling streets of mutant-populated cities.

Graphically, "The Null Hypothesis" is visually impressive, capturing the essence of the comic book world with vibrant colors and detailed character models. The sandbox nature of the game allows for a diverse range of activities, from honing mutant abilities in the Danger Room to engaging in epic battles against iconic villains.

In conclusion, "The Null Hypothesis" presents an intriguing concept, blending sandbox exploration with narrative depth in the X-Men universe. With its engaging characters, visually appealing design, and potential for a rich storytelling experience, the game has the opportunity to captivate fans of both the X-Men franchise and open-world gaming.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

NullKilla

I think this has an extremely high amount of potential. The art is amazing, the amount of outfits is crazy, and the choices the Dev has taken differentiates it from its inspiration. I personally Love Rogue-like and this changes it up a little bit while still delivering on most of the core parts. Is it just strictly better? No of course not, for one it only has to meters instead of three so instead of a girl getting more submissive OR getting more lecherous you can only really make her more lecherous. Also characters cant all be made submissive BUT that may be a good thing if you want Jean Grey to be a Dom or whatever. The Dev is already talking about refining the core game-play loop to be less grindy because of player feedback, which is a great sign!

If you like rogue-like give this a try, if not, maybe still do if you like the art-style.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostofanti

Honestly one of the most refreshing and exciting up and coming games out right now. The art is fantastic, and the writing is enjoyable enough for the game. I like how to story is progressing and appreciate the work on so far.
    Really excited to see this go somewhere.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Yarrokan

This is a very fullfilling game for a version 0.2.
    Everything from the UI to the backgrounds feels incredibly smooth. Girls are amazing both in character and appearance. Writing left me wanting more. Dev team made an incredible job overall and they are very active at discord server too. I really do hope they get the support they deserve.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

throwaway489

Honestly just a fun game, it's similar to the other X-men game but the art/gameplay are better, and this one has an actual story. Need more X-23 content to be fully satisfied. This game also did the impossible, make me like Jean Grey.

The quirk system is interesting, and it makes the girls more unique than they are in most other similar games. Only recommendation is to add more dialogue throughout, even just simple comments during events, and It would be near perfect. As it is, I'm just nitpicking.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

gollo0815

A lot of content and good graphics. A bit grindy, but there are already changes to the amount of grind required anounced.
    Will be interesting to see if the devs can continue to provide content on that high a level moving forwad.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

JoylessFire

So far, I'm enjoying it! I liked Rogue-Like but it did feel like it got a bit clunky and disorganized. This feels a bit more fleshed out with a better base structure to start with and build up from. I have encountered a few various bugs with the UI and the settings you can toggle on/off. Namely when you toggle the show/hide UI and then try to leave the options page it broke for me. Even when I went to toggle the switch again to try and fix it, nothing changed and I still couldn't navigate. There are also some actions that auto-forward time that I don't feel should forward time. It can make it harder to do much in the game before nightfall, but its still a great mechanic otherwise.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

desolate sharidan

The best dating simulator I've ever played, this game is everything I ever wanted from Roguelike and more.

So, should you play the game? Yes, I can't think of a single reason for anybody here not to try it out, unless you really dislike dating simulators, but even then this game might be the one that changes your mind. The artwork is gorgeous, the characters feel alive and animated, the interactions are engaging, and the story is fantastic!

This game is so polished and well-made, alot of effort has been put into it, and I'm so thankful for that. I'm so excited for the next update, and finding out which direction they will go with the game from here on.