4.60 star(s) 164 Votes

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I'm not a discord person, so as far as I'm concerned, it came from my observations and Boots' suppressed memories of him instigating the Chernobyl disaster back in his day.

Also, speaking of cheating: I feel as though anyone who got "caught cheating" between versions 0.3b and 0.5a shouldn't have it counted against them due to the flaws of the cheating system at the time, though I'll most likely move the goal post again as this game gets more and more ironed out in that regard.
I've had a stressful day... coding calms me down... Also, tomorrow will be a busy day for me. >.<

V1.8 of my cheat injector has been release. This will remove the flags in the game that you've cheated on you and whomever's profile you're looking at in the journal when you click the new button. This button will NOT do anything noticeable to the player as the flags don't have any impact on the current state of the game.

Reactions: Sweetluvd
Jul 28, 2017
hey everyone I bring latest news about next update

Ron Chon:today I finalized the gameplay and engine changes for 0.6a, which means the changelog is set and attached here!

what's left is 1) a bunch of animations and 2) inevitable bugfixing. for the latter, I'm hoping that we approach stability soon now that I'm no longer shuffling code around like a madman. I want to send a massive thank you to our beta testers, we would seriously be so screwed without their diligence and patience

the deadline of September for a full release is slipping from me a little bit, but I'm planning on opening the beta to the public on Mon (the last day of the month). I'm anticipating that I won't be done animating all of the clothing physics by that point yet, but that everything else should be in and running reasonably well

then the plan will be to keep pushing hard to finish all physics animations while the open beta is running. if everything goes smoothly, I'm hoping that process will take less than a week

just as a reminder because I've seen a few questions, old saves (from 0.3a on) are expected to work with 0.6a. with that said, we've made a lot of changes under the hood and I expect some hiccups. in particular, old saves may give a "move_location not found" in-game error report (or similar) upon first loading - this can be safely ignored

if when the time comes, anyone's save is giving them issues trying to load into 0.6a that cannot be solved by ignoring, please feel free to DM the save to me and I'll do everything I can to get things sorted out for you

Last edited:

Zone Peterson

Apr 16, 2018

Ron Chon:today I finalized the gameplay and engine changes for 0.6a, which means the changelog is set and attached here!

what's left is 1) a bunch of animations and 2) inevitable bugfixing. for the latter, I'm hoping that we approach stability soon now that I'm no longer shuffling code around like a madman. I want to send a massive thank you to our beta testers, we would seriously be so screwed without their diligence and patience

the deadline of September for a full release is slipping from me a little bit, but I'm planning on opening the beta to the public on Mon (the last day of the month). I'm anticipating that I won't be done animating all of the clothing physics by that point yet, but that everything else should be in and running reasonably well

then the plan will be to keep pushing hard to finish all physics animations while the open beta is running. if everything goes smoothly, I'm hoping that process will take less than a week

just as a reminder because I've seen a few questions, old saves (from 0.3a on) are expected to work with 0.6a. with that said, we've made a lot of changes under the hood and I expect some hiccups. in particular, old saves may give a "move_location not found" in-game error report (or similar) upon first loading - this can be safely ignored

if when the time comes, anyone's save is giving them issues trying to load into 0.6a that cannot be solved by ignoring, please feel free to DM the save to me and I'll do everything I can to get things sorted out for you
and here I thought I could skip this update or thought this update is going to be "meh, no storm, don't care"

I am undoubtfully wrong my friends. We must play this update brothers!

Casted420

Mar 4, 2020

Yes! YES! YES!!!
Finally! I can achive my true final X-MEN FORM!
My ultimate dream!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
<reputation system>
- your in-game activities are now used to estimate your academic, combat, and social reputation in the form of a GPA, Danger Room difficulty setting, and popularity ranking among the Institute's students
- GPA is based on studying and attending class
- Danger Room difficulty level is based on training
- popularity ranking is based on your actions during large social events (barbecue is the only one for now)
- your reputation will influence how characters respond to you - someone like Jean might respond more strongly to a character with a strong GPA, whereas someone like Laura might respond preferentially to a character with a reputation for combat prowess

<leaderboards>
- the Institute has implemented two public ranking systems to incentivize its students: a combat leaderboard and a cognitive assessment leaderboard
- the top 3 students in each category at the end of each 14 day period will be rewarded with points for the achievement shop
- leaderboard position is calculated based on combat and academic reputation, respectively
… Fight 'til you drop
Never stop
Can't give up
'Til you reach the top (fight)
You're the best in town (fight!)
Listen to that sound
A little bit of all you got
They'll never bring you down

ezgif-5-780cb24c52.gif crane-technique-mr-miyagi.gif ead57a58d0c2d005e78e88243b97b295.gif
My God, now THIS is my peak X-men experience!

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
But we will be able to make sweet love to our african weather goddess...right?
I think we'll have to wait until chapter 2 for that if I'm not mistaken.
Chapter 2.

I can confirm that it's coming in along nicely. We received the first look at three new characters, who shall remain unnamed, and they look gorgeous.

To tide people over. Storm will have a major part in the finale and will have some focus in the prologue of Chapter 2. We know people have been waiting for her and we have no plans on keeping you blue balled for long.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
And this is the result of us focusing on getting the game functioning properly instead of airdropping new girls in. :)
Alright, now I have to ask. Will there be a chapter where one of the girls is literally airdropped in? Like you meet her on the ground as she jumps out from the blackbird. If not, can you steal this idea and make one of the girls literally airdropped in?

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Alright, now I have to ask. Will there be a chapter where one of the girls is literally airdropped in? Like you meet her on the ground as she jumps out from the blackbird. If not, can you steal this idea and make one of the girls literally airdropped in?
I... There's a girl we've mentioned who would work perfectly with this as an introduction. I'll bring it up to the devs.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
And this is the result of us focusing on getting the game functioning properly instead of airdropping new girls in. :)
In games like these, i have an autistic obsesion with always going to classes/training/work for most of the day and only get busy before bed, so its neat to have an actual reward for that other than leveling.

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
You guys are probably the best team of devs i've seen around
They're a pretty great team, alright. I like how interactive they are with the fanbase.
Appreciate the kind words <3. We were all fans once too, so I'd like to think we're just doing what we'd wanna see from devs if in your shoes. Transparency and keeping you guys in the loop is a big part of that

4.60 star(s) 164 Votes