Forced Sexual Scene

• All good no problem, keep going with the story

Votes: 2,338 70.7%
  • No, players should be allowed to skip sexual scenes (might cause to skip few details in the plot)

Votes: 288 8.7%
  • Don't mind but would be happier if I had the option to skip

Votes: 679 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
80-100 per render? No offense, but a whole AAA game costs 15 dollars after a year on steam.
And a whole AAA-game is sold millions of times. For example Cyberpunk 2077 cost 60$ at release and was immediately sold 8Mio times. That were 480Mio $.
Compare this here with a photographer. The cheapest service in a photo studio are passport photos with a price range of 15 to 30$. Job application photos can be had for 50 to 100$, and for a professional shoot you should plan on around 80 to 250$. When I got married many many many years ago we made an extra wedding album with 10 professional studio photos - price was at that time 1200$ (I should have made a divorce album, too) in addition to the normal photos a cousin (who is a hobby photographer) made of the whole day long. I think now you'll pay more. That here is more like a professsional shoot and no passport or job application photo.

Maybe the workflow how I make ONE render/scene helps a little to understand the work you have to do :
- 10-15 minutes Drawing a quick sketch/thumbnail to get an idea of a starting point for composition/making notes on colors and lighting
- 15-30 minutes roughly designing the scene - Use some general shapes, like spheres, rectangles etc. as placeholders for the future models and light it roughly out.
- 3-4 hours Replace the general parts, floor, walls, furniture etc and fine tune that until I'm satisfied with the empty scene.
- 10-30 minutes Looking through content for characters, clothing and scene filler items like billboard chars, flowers, clutter etc.
- 60 minutes/character placing and posing characters/content, adjustments/fixes
- 45 minutes Adding to the basic lighting, effects and adjusting materials (incl. short test render to see the light working)
- 2-8 hours Finalizing lighting and rendering (and rendering blocks for me the PC for any other work, because of the shitty GPU, could be faster with a better GPU, like a RTX3080)
- 1-2 hours Post-work like denoising, overlays (photoshop, gimp, etc. ) converting from png

The game contains over 1000 of that

and that workflow does not include coding the VN, writing the story, testing, making your own textures, materials, content objects etc. Sure not every pic take the time because you will reuse a scene like the characters rooms, workplaces etc. and just change the poses, some lights etc, but rendering will take the same time. If you use a rendering queue it is possible you can have the PC render a few pics in a night when you sleep, but think of an animation - that will need minimal 10pics per second (30 are better if you want it smooth) and following that 10sec will be 100 renders you need to make.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
80-100 per render? No offense, but a whole AAA game costs 15 dollars after a year on steam.
Keep in mind that not all AAA games are distributed through a major publisher, like EA, Activision Blizzard, Tecent/Epic, etc.

The major cost block for AAA games are not developing cost, but marketing cost actually (same goes for big movie titles). Advertising, bribe, distribution etc.. are what make AAA games expensive and why publisher demand more and more money for their games (70 - 80 bucks per game). Summer sales on Steam etc. are only possible because publisher already were able to cover all their cost and earned a significant profit from their games.

Another factor why AAA games are cheaper than indie-games is that developing is spread through many different game studios. Normally you have a major studio working on one part of the game while another (smaller) game studio works on a different function/part of the game.

Jul 28, 2018
And a whole AAA-game is sold millions of times. For example Cyberpunk 2077 cost 60$ at release and was immediately sold 8Mio times. That were 480Mio $.
Compare this here with a photographer. The cheapest service in a photo studio are passport photos with a price range of 15 to 30$. Job application photos can be had for 50 to 100$, and for a professional shoot you should plan on around 80 to 250$. When I got married many many many years ago we made an extra wedding album with 10 professional studio photos - price was at that time 1200$ (I should have made a divorce album, too) in addition to the normal photos a cousin (who is a hobby photographer) made of the whole day long. I think now you'll pay more. That here is more like a professsional shoot and no passport or job application photo.

Maybe the workflow how I make ONE render/scene helps a little to understand the work you have to do :
- 10-15 minutes Drawing a quick sketch/thumbnail to get an idea of a starting point for composition/making notes on colors and lighting
- 15-30 minutes roughly designing the scene - Use some general shapes, like spheres, rectangles etc. as placeholders for the future models and light it roughly out.
- 3-4 hours Replace the general parts, floor, walls, furniture etc and fine tune that until I'm satisfied with the empty scene.
- 10-30 minutes Looking through content for characters, clothing and scene filler items like billboard chars, flowers, clutter etc.
- 60 minutes/character placing and posing characters/content, adjustments/fixes
- 45 minutes Adding to the basic lighting, effects and adjusting materials (incl. short test render to see the light working)
- 2-8 hours Finalizing lighting and rendering (and rendering blocks for me the PC for any other work, because of the shitty GPU, could be faster with a better GPU, like a RTX3080)
- 1-2 hours Post-work like denoising, overlays (photoshop, gimp, etc. ) converting from png

The game contains over 1000 of that

and that workflow does not include coding the VN, writing the story, testing, making your own textures, materials, content objects etc. Sure not every pic take the time because you will reuse a scene like the characters rooms, workplaces etc. and just change the poses, some lights etc, but rendering will take the same time. If you use a rendering queue it is possible you can have the PC render a few pics in a night when you sleep, but think of an animation - that will need minimal 10pics per second (30 are better if you want it smooth) and following that 10sec will be 100 renders you need to make.
Keep in mind that not all AAA games are distributed through a major publisher, like EA, Activision Blizzard, Tecent/Epic, etc.

The major cost block for AAA games are not developing cost, but marketing cost actually (same goes for big movie titles). Advertising, bribe, distribution etc.. are what make AAA games expensive and why publisher demand more and more money for their games (70 - 80 bucks per game). Summer sales on Steam etc. are only possible because publisher already were able to cover all their cost and earned a significant profit from their games.

Another factor why AAA games are cheaper than indie-games is that developing is spread through many different game studios. Normally you have a major studio working on one part of the game while another (smaller) game studio works on a different function/part of the game.
I am not gonna argue in this forum. I am just gonna say, no! it doesnt take that much! Maybe a full unique character may take that much time, but after that, you just change the motion, color and thats it.3D animation heavy game like spellbook might take more time though. But just 3dCG? it takes minutes. And that's not counting the fact that you can re use same expression again and again.

Also, indie games are usually much cheaper than AAA games.

However, again, I know that working alone with no help can be exhausting, so delays within reasons is okay. But milking supporter like the milfy city guy is not.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
3D animation heavy game like spellbook might take more time though.
I'm friends with Rocco - he is the artist and coder of The Spellbook. I can tell you that making animation is way faster then creating 100+ static renders in different environments with different outfits. He also doesn't postwork his renders. Which saves him a lot of time.

I am just gonna say, no! it doesnt take that much! Maybe a full unique character may take that much time, but after that, you just change the motion, color and thats it.
But just 3dCG?
From your post it is clear that your knowledge/understand of creating 3d art is limited and based on common misunderstanding (I don't mean it in a bad way, if I sound belittling.)

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
nobodyknowsthyself Do me a favor - download DAZ3D Studio. Get some figures like Victoria 8 and Michael 8 or Victoria/Michael 8.1 bundles from https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-releases.95/ and for example an environment like https://f95zone.to/threads/muelsfell-atlantis-coast.83903/
Load the isle as the environment and drop two Victorias and one Michael fully clothed and with hair in it. No poses needed. Set the render to 1920x1080 (HD Resolution) and start to render that scene. Just a simple beach scene - Maybe that helps you to clear the illusion that making one render only takes minutes....
And btw that is not even a complex and long taking render. I didn't ask for special positions, spaces or animation. Just the base pose for both chars and not standing in some other content.

Jul 28, 2018
I'm friends with Rocco - he is the artist and coder of The Spellbook. I can tell you that making animation is way faster then creating 100+ static renders in different environments with different outfits. He also doesn't postwork his renders. Which saves him a lot of time.

From your post it is clear that your knowledge/understand of creating 3d art is limited and based on common misunderstanding (I don't mean it in a bad way, if I sound belittling.)
Dude. I am literally making 3dcg right now. In this moment. Again, I agree that anything new takes time. But old, no.

Again, not here to argue. Just letting you know that delaying without cause is unacceptable as a paying patreon. However, if there is a valid reason, sure.

Edit: One thing I didn’t take into account is the machine. Depending on the machine time may change.

Ed Hardy_32

Apr 23, 2020
Oh boy another one, who doesn't know the difference between paying and supporting someone. You didn't pay him for his work, you supported him developing a game.

Those few bucks you supported him for a few months are peanuts compare to what an artist as freelancer can charge you for commission work. A good price is between $80 - $100 per render!
[/QUOTEare those who do not pay but still demand something
It's a funny thing. Those who do not pay demand everything anyway

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020

Spellbook is great game, you can play it with NTR on or off, I recommend both paths

locopogo1

Mar 24, 2020

Hey guys ,

• 90% Renders are complete. Only the last 10% and a few broken renders which needs to be fixed are left.
  • I will be posting the sneak peak as soon as I finish with the post processing . Shouldn’t take more than 2-3 days since there are tons of renders to process.
  • Important notice : Please do not unsubscribe because I will pause the billing cycle today. You won’t be charged on the first of July and you all will have access to the update this month without paying anything extra.
  • I’m keeping the game as my top priority at the moment and provide you all with an update ASAP.
Thanks a lot for the support and keeping the patience

-------
I will not make hasty conclusions, see what will happen in the new update, if there is a lot of content and cool scenes, then I think the author can be justified, but if there is a short update with a short duration and 1-2 sex scenes, then it seems to me that he will lose the rest of his audience(((

Reactions: blaqkthespian

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019
Sneak-Peek Episode 2 [v0.3]
Hi guys,

Here is the second part of the sneak-peek.

Hope you guys like it ;)

Please do leave your feedback :D

(note; last 10% of the render's are not included in the sneak-peek, leaving something for the game too ;P )

Link - Mega

View attachment 1277370
Now that is some good looking hot stuff, My God :eek::love:
You know now that you have teased us this much we all (the guys at least) will have a hard time waiting :p HEHE

Also thank you for adding the idea I shared with you DamagedCoda :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: DamagedCoda
4.00 star(s) 103 Votes