Fan Art The office wife fan art thread

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Thanks, yeah, it's possible I already had the extra colours and forgot about that. Yeah, I have been working over the past few months on unpolluting my G8F morphs. I removed the entire folder of morphs (My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs), moved them into a backup folder on another drive, and then gradually added the ones I knew I needed back in as they come up and left out the virus morphs. There's a couple of those I already deleted the character and all associated files so I have been reloading and resaving these over time so they are resaved cleanly.

When you get that FIRST window telling you morphs are missing, y ou can add them back in at that moment, and then click to continue and it will actually load in the files you copied back into the folder just fine. Then resave once done.

There's definitely NO reason to have a Leia eye fix at all, given this is the base Genesis 8 character! I may look into my files and find that and mark it down as one to watch for as well, this will help a lot in that regard.

Here's my notes on morphs to ignore, including what you just mentioned. I just removed the folder with Leia from my morphs and into my backup drive. When I reload a scene subset that asks for one of these, I ignore it, only re-add what is needed and then, if all looks okay, I resave it so the virus morphs are gone. These have all attached themselves in one way or another to scene subsets when I didn't use the morphs at all. Analeine being one of the worst offenders.
Just for info, though by now is probably useless (stumbled almost by chance on the thread)... Yes, Leia and Analeine are parasitic morphs, when installed, they add themselves up to anything you save, had the same issue with tons of characters files that ended up with those morphs inside, and I realised how many only after I removed them, and started having error messages all the time when opening characters that had nothing to do with them.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks, yeah, it's possible I already had the extra colours and forgot about that. Yeah, I have been working over the past few months on unpolluting my G8F morphs. I removed the entire folder of morphs (My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs), moved them into a backup folder on another drive, and then gradually added the ones I knew I needed back in as they come up and left out the virus morphs. There's a couple of those I already deleted the character and all associated files so I have been reloading and resaving these over time so they are resaved cleanly.

When you get that FIRST window telling you morphs are missing, y ou can add them back in at that moment, and then click to continue and it will actually load in the files you copied back into the folder just fine. Then resave once done.

There's definitely NO reason to have a Leia eye fix at all, given this is the base Genesis 8 character! I may look into my files and find that and mark it down as one to watch for as well, this will help a lot in that regard.

Here's my notes on morphs to ignore, including what you just mentioned. I just removed the folder with Leia from my morphs and into my backup drive. When I reload a scene subset that asks for one of these, I ignore it, only re-add what is needed and then, if all looks okay, I resave it so the virus morphs are gone. These have all attached themselves in one way or another to scene subsets when I didn't use the morphs at all. Analeine being one of the worst offenders.
Just to update, the Leia eye fix morphs are definitely virus morphs. I have since noticed they were attached to other G8F characters that never used them. Once I removed them from my morphs I seen them pop up more, so I have cleaned up some more of my files. It's definitely a permanent addition to my list of virus morphs to avoid.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Wow, long time no post, but while playing another visual novel I noticed another character with the same skin type as Stacy, so I started digging again as I have gotten better at locating assets since I last posted here over a year ago.

I figured out the exact asset used... the dev still done something wanky with her nipples, maybe directly edited the texture for some strange reason, but he really mucked them up and I prefer the original texture, but this IS the right asset. The skin matches up with all her moles perfectly, and the nipples look the same, just not messed up (better looking).

The thing that will blow you away is exactly which character asset Stacy is! Guess what, YOU ALREADY HAVE HER INSTALLED if you have Daz!!! LOL... man, I don't know how we all missed this one guys... here's my asset listings, a large render and at the bottom of this post, is my SCENE SUBSET for anyone that wants it. I don't think I got the breast shape exactly right as I don't know HOW he managed to shape it the way he did, but it's close enough, it is definitely the correct asset anyhow...

Stacy (G8F) assets
Body/Head/Skin: Genesis 8 Female base (that's right, JUST THE BASE GENESIS 8 character!!! LOL)
Hair: &
Necklace: (Necklace is made for for G3F but fitted on G8F)
Genitals:
Pubic Hair:

View attachment 2645221

And as always, my scene subset which requires the above listed assets...
View attachment 2958563

I updated her assets. I added the need for the hair color expansion and I resaved the scene subset so it no longer has the virus morphs polluting it. Thanks to sensi2fr for mentioning these things a few months back. I figured I should probably update this so that nobody else has problems. The assets needed are also in a text file in the zip attached to this as well as listed in the quoted post. This scene subset is clean of virus morphs (I call them that as they attach themselves to everything you make).

Reactions: sensi2fr

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
I updated her assets. I added the need for the hair color expansion and I resaved the scene subset so it no longer has the virus morphs polluting it. Thanks to sensi2fr for mentioning these things a few months back. I figured I should probably update this so that nobody else has problems. The assets needed are also in a text file in the zip attached to this as well as listed in the quoted post. This scene subset is clean of virus morphs (I call them that as they attach themselves to everything you make).
what the heck is a 'virus morph'?

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
A morph that attaches itself to any and all character/scene files you create after you installed it, even if the character in the scene do not actually use it, or at least, that is the idea.
Can you explain how that is a good thing or a bad thing?

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Bad thing. It means that even if you are creating a character that does not use that morph, when you save it, the next time you open the character file, it will have that morph attached to it - and it does not forcibly mean that it will be set a zero (morphs that behave like that, often save with a non null value when they add themeselves up).
So, you can get a scene, save it, and then when you open it, wonder what happened to your character, till when you realise it was due to that parasitic morph (I prefer to call them parasitic, but virus is also a possibility, anyway, neither "parasitic morph" nor "virus morph" is something you will see in official DAZ documentation :)).

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Bad thing. It means that even if you are creating a character that does not use that morph, when you save it, the next time you open the character file, it will have that morph attached to it - and it does not forcibly mean that it will be set a zero (morphs that behave like that, often save with a non null value when they add themeselves up).
So, you can get a scene, save it, and then when you open it, wonder what happened to your character, till when you realise it was due to that parasitic morph (I prefer to call them parasitic, but virus is also a possibility, anyway, neither "parasitic morph" nor "virus morph" is something you will see in official DAZ documentation :)).
Ugh, that sounds dreadful. Is there any way to neutralize or remove the virus while retaining the asset, or is the asset just a bust?

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Ugh, that sounds dreadful. Is there any way to neutralize or remove the virus while retaining the asset, or is the asset just a bust?
There is a way, remembering the label of "virus" does not mean it was done on purpose.

If you refer to the asset that arrived with the parasitic/virus morph, the brutal way is to just delete the file that is the parasitic morph - the first time you load the asset, it should complain, but you can then save it, and should be OK.
A possibility without deleting, is to use turbo loader and try to disable the problematic parts of that asset, remembering to activate them when really needed, and deactivate them once they are not needed anymore.
A more elegant way could be to edit it so the morph is not added to other assets, or at least at value 0, but honestly, that is much more complicated.

If you refer to the assets that got the parasite/virus morph, it is possible to remove the extra morph in at least two ways: 1) delete (or disable with turbo loader) the problematic asset, load the asset you created, it will complain but load, then save it, it will be saved without the extra morph; 2) use DSON editor to edit the DUF file, and eliminate the reference to the extra morphs inside.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
It's not nessecarily a bad thing if you're not sharing it with anyone. If you share it, than the person needs to have all the morphs you used and, as seen in this thread, people wondered about certain morphs that were missing... these "virus" morphs that are attached to the scene subset even though I never used them on it. It also possibly means a slightly longer loading time as Daz needs to load in all morphs that are attached, even the virus morphs.

So, I have since cleaned many of them from my system and so I decided to upload a new scene subset which no longer has the parasite/virus morphs attached.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I don't know if there's a better way, but what I did was I backed up my morph's folder "My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs" to a seperate hard drive. I then deleted ALL the morphs in that folder. Now when I load a character in, it will tell me the morphs are missing. When you see the first message, you can copy the required morphs back into that folder, minus any you didn't use. Make note of the ones attached that you know you didn't use, the virus morphs, and then load in your scene and resave it. Once resaved, the virus morphs won't be needed.

This is a list of morphs I avoid like the plague, virus (or parasite) morphs that attach to everything. I removed them, and will not reload them. I also removed all related assets to them...

Morphs to ignore and keep removed!
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RFem/Ana B9/Analeine.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/Flex/xFLXCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/FlexAlt/xFLXAltCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Breast Control/Nipples Size.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixLeft.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixRight.dsf

...so far, the above have been the worst offenders for me, especially "Analeine" and that "Leia" eye morphs.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jack0h

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
It's not nessecarily a bad thing if you're not sharing it with anyone. If you share it, than the person needs to have all the morphs you used and, as seen in this thread, people wondered about certain morphs that were missing... these "virus" morphs that are attached to the scene subset even though I never used them on it. It also possibly means a slightly longer loading time as Daz needs to load in all morphs that are attached, even the virus morphs.

So, I have since cleaned many of them from my system and so I decided to upload a new scene subset which no longer has the parasite/virus morphs attached.
A small clarification, DAZ loads ALL the morphs associated with the generation regardless whether you use them or not or are included in the .duf file. But the parasitic morphs add to this by forcing DAZ to go looking for them when they can't find them. So the main reason DAZ is slow loading is that for some people it has to load thousands of morphs at character load time. And if you actually have the assets with those morphs installed in your library, you won't see a slow down at all, or at least not from the parasite morphs.

But is is funny just how many people have Leia and Analeine and the musculature morphs loaded on their system.

One last note, it doesn't only apply to body morphs, if you have Zeddicuss' Drunk and Hungover loaded on your system it adds an entry for every single pose in your saved .duf file!

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
A small clarification, DAZ loads ALL the morphs associated with the generation regardless whether you use them or not or are included in the .duf file. But the parasitic morphs add to this by forcing DAZ to go looking for them when they can't find them. So the main reason DAZ is slow loading is that for some people it has to load thousands of morphs at character load time. And if you actually have the assets with those morphs installed in your library, you won't see a slow down at all, or at least not from the parasite morphs.

But is is funny just how many people have Leia and Analeine and the musculature morphs loaded on their system.

One last note, it doesn't only apply to body morphs, if you have Zeddicuss' Drunk and Hungover loaded on your system it adds an entry for every single pose in your saved .duf file!
Thanks for the clarification. I thought I may have had that wrong. I am tempted to go over my files and remove ALL premade poses as I do all my own poses anyhow. I enjoy creating my own and will go looking for real life source photos and then replicate them and save my poses for future use. When it comes to morphs, i most use the morphs in the "real world" section and have never really used most of the others. I should clean house and remove most of them as well.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Thanks for the clarification. I thought I may have had that wrong. I am tempted to go over my files and remove ALL premade poses as I do all my own poses anyhow. I enjoy creating my own and will go looking for real life source photos and then replicate them and save my poses for future use. When it comes to morphs, i most use the morphs in the "real world" section and have never really used most of the others. I should clean house and remove most of them as well.
If you are cleaning out poses, at the least clear the Zeddicuss poses that also include shapes, those are really bad for adding bulk to .duf files. Personally I have never found his shape sliders to be that appealing anyway.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
If you are cleaning out poses, at the least clear the Zeddicuss poses that also include shapes, those are really bad for adding bulk to .duf files. Personally I have never found his shape sliders to be that appealing anyway.
Yuppers, his would be the FIRST to go. I started out avoiding using them as if you want to share a scene subset with someone, that's one more requirement they need. I find I can do just fine on my own, I don't see them as time savers at all.

2352Trophy

Nov 20, 2020
I AM LOOKING FOR A VIDEO OF IOM BUT CANNOT FIND SAW A PARTIAL BY ANDREA OR ANDRAE BUT CANT FIND THE VIDEO OR THE READER IN SEARCH, ANY IDEAS IM NOT GOOD AT SEARCHING

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020

Hmm, if you are loading the base character, yes, you are right, Daz would load all the morphs that are "active" for that generation (but to make them inactive, no need to delete them, just change the extension from duf, is what turboloader does).
But if you look well, you are saying yourself that in saving the file, it does not do that, it only includes the ones really used, and there, is were the parasitic is important.

The speed of loading, even with the missing parasitic morphs, is not in general a problem.
I had to correct that for tens of characters (but for Zeddicus, till now the only asset I found with that problem is the one you mention, which added a bunch of parasitic morphs), but most of the delay does not come from DAZ looking for the couple of parasitic morphs from Anleine and Leia or others.
Ther delay problem is more that every time Daz does not find the morph, it stops to show you the error dialog boxes and waits for your confirmation.

The other problem, may be more annoying. One having a character that looks great when they create it, saving it, and then when they reopen it, does not look that well anymore, due to the parasitic morphs that added themselves. Some parasitic morphs are hidden morphs, not so easy to spot :). There is a game on F95, project Myriam, that had that problem at the start.

DSON Editor and Turbo Loader tools are great help from that point of vue, also for the assets that inside try to "take ownership" of stuff that is already defined in the basic gen 8 character, or assets with duf files that for whatever reason have twice the same entry in the DUF file - often the "duplicate" error is just that, and one does not need to eliminate the asset, can just correct it.

• Red Heart

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hmm, if you are loading the base character, yes, you are right, Daz would load all the morphs that are "active" for that generation (but to make them inactive, no need to delete them, just change the extension from duf, is what turboloader does).
But if you look well, you are saying yourself that in saving the file, it does not do that, it only includes the ones really used, and there, is were the parasitic is important.
Regardless of a complete character or base character, if you load a Genesis X character all morphs for that generation are loaded or at the very least indexed at the time of loading. This is well documented behavior, all over the DAZ forums with workarounds on how to speed up character loading, which work with varying effectiveness. Having tested this myself, there basically is no time difference in loading a custom character that you create, Victoria, Base Genesis, PA created character or even a character that is saved as a Scene Subset. As long as there are no errors, which does exhibit the second slowdown you mention, any character you load will take about the same time which does increase the more morphs DAZ has to keep track of.

The basic solution given, time after time, is to put your DAZ library on an faster storage media. Generally SSD vs HDD. This doesn't address the actual issue but it makes it more tolerable. At the minimum, placing the DAZ database on fast storage media can have some effect on load times also.
The speed of loading, even with the missing parasitic morphs, is not in general a problem.
I had to correct that for tens of characters (but for Zeddicus, till now the only asset I found with that problem is the one you mention, which added a bunch of parasitic morphs), but most of the delay does not come from DAZ looking for the couple of parasitic morphs from Anleine and Leia or others.
Ther delay problem is more that every time Daz does not find the morph, it stops to show you the error dialog boxes and waits for your confirmation.
Waiting on user input is almost always the slowest part of any application, but time goes up exponentially when you add thousands of shaping morphs for that generation. This affect is much more noticable on slow HDD stored libraries. We are in a pirate forum and there are a lot of people here who collect and load up every asset they can get their hands on. Again, look at all the complaints about character load times in the DAZ forums, and that is the behavior I am talking about.
The other problem, may be more annoying. One having a character that looks great when they create it, saving it, and then when they reopen it, does not look that well anymore, due to the parasitic morphs that added themselves. Some parasitic morphs are hidden morphs, not so easy to spot :). There is a game on F95, project Myriam, that had that problem at the start.

DSON Editor and Turbo Loader tools are great help from that point of vue, also for the assets that inside try to "take ownership" of stuff that is already defined in the basic gen 8 character, or assets with duf files that for whatever reason have twice the same entry in the DUF file - often the "duplicate" error is just that, and one does not need to eliminate the asset, can just correct it.
100% agree with these last statements, but I can't vouch for DSON Editor or Turbo Loader. I use multiple libraries, one that is stripped down to a bare minimum and load times are very fast. But I have heard very good things about both those products.

Other examples are some early TDT character and a lot of the VO character morphs. I also recall the Kitten character from renderotica having a few morphs that stick to everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Also, no need to remove the files, if possible identify the "suspicious bar" and edit to have it loaded in "default 0"

For some time all my Basic G8 were loaded with Tilly at 100% lol

View attachment 2968441
Those are parasite morphs I delete. They attach themselves to EVERYTHING I create so I would honestly rather not have them at all, or I will have to manually set them to zero every time, which will become a rather annoying task after a while when you have 5 or 6 of them doing this.

• Red Heart