AcornHunter

May 13, 2020
few pages back I asked why this game made in such format when you have to click hundred of times and not much help what to do...
mostly people laugh at me, I just deleted the game, but few updates later after many positive reviews, I decided to try again, downloaded new version and this time I got "question mark" help button with directions what to do next....
first I thought how can I missed at first time
I unzip older version and there no help button
I don't know if it is a bug on my side, or it was changed later, but it doesn't matter, I know now I am not complete moron (just imagine to play this game without help-directions) and I was able to finally finish this game
game is nice, but jesus, it's so much unnecessary grinding
of course, thanks to the guy who did conversion to RenPy, but morning routine, train routine, etc are killing all fun

LynxLinks

Nov 29, 2021
I know now I am not complete moron (just imagine to play this game without help-directions) and I was able to finally finish this game, game is nice, but jesus, it's so much unnecessary grinding
of course, thanks to the guy who did conversion to RenPy, but morning routine, train routine, etc are killing all fun
With every update I always get to a point where I'm asking myself if I have I done everything? I think I remember a 'end of current content' message in some of the earlier content, if there is one in this update I've yet to find it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

N0madS0uL

Sep 30, 2020
Thanks for the hard work and effort with the conversion/port (whatever you call it), it is much appreciated. God alone knows why devs keep using these RPGM or Sandbox methods that are just grinding and boring. If it was interesting and different each time as well as very limited, or maybe some parts purely options for "fun" then fine, but I will skip those and hope we get more of these kinds of "ports"

Thanks again!

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Thanks for the hard work and effort with the conversion/port (whatever you call it), it is much appreciated. God alone knows why devs keep using these RPGM or Sandbox methods that are just grinding and boring. If it was interesting and different each time as well as very limited, or maybe some parts purely options for "fun" then fine, but I will skip those and hope we get more of these kinds of "ports"

Thanks again!
Because RPGM is fun and interactive, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the RPGM format when setup properly. RENPY is great and easy to use especially for the lazy. I care about the games quality not just the engine they use. This remake is exceptionally well done but I play both. This one also has a much better gallery and you can tell MichaelCross has a great understanding and love for this title.

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
God alone knows why devs keep using these RPGM or Sandbox methods that are just grinding and boring.
RPGM is a game engine. It has many things built into it that are really useful if you want to create a game: event triggering systems, maps and a map editor, exploration, items (plus combat etc) are all built it.

Ren'Py is not a game engine, it's a VN player. You can mod a Ren'Py VN into a game by adding custom UI and scripting, but it doesn't have any of those RPGM game elements built-in, you have to make them yourself.

If you want a sophisticated game, you either need to be/become a sophisticated game developer for Ren'Py, or you use RPGM.

Not all creators will want to spend their time and effort creating the custom code needed for Ren'Py. For these, the creators ask us to accept RPGM's constraints, and we end up with some great games we otherwise wouldn't have.

4.50 star(s) 19 Votes