HTML The Outlaw: Empyrean War [v0.3] [Flutewind]

Su13n

Aug 12, 2021
I took the liberty and added HiEv's keyboard navigation to the game, as clicking through the fights was too annoying for me.

farmer_10

Feb 14, 2018
I'm in the undead ruins fighting the necromancer and he casts Dark Bolt, but there's no buttons to go forward. I'm just stuck there

Kryptark

Sep 19, 2017
Stuck on the Amazon's second totem. Text says to 'defeat gambler in gambling den', but there's no such option at the gambling den.

Flutewind

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2021
I'm in the undead ruins fighting the necromancer and he casts Dark Bolt, but there's no buttons to go forward. I'm just stuck there
Fixed. Will release hotfix soon.
Stuck on the Amazon's second totem. Text says to 'defeat gambler in gambling den', but there's no such option at the gambling den.
You need to buy 5 gambling chips in the den, then the option to play against the gambler will appear.

1NeoWolf

May 11, 2021
Im kind of confused with how im supposed to progress in the game. I see you added some sort of quests and locations but all I see is the village and the forest. Tried all the options each offered and spent 20+days in game and nothing new is popping up, the village elder and village hall do nothing, the traders just there to buy supplies or sell them etc.

So am I missing something or whats going on?

Flutewind

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2021
Flutewind My speed seems to be slower each time I step on a trap in goblin's den. Is there anyway to restore it or is this a bug?
That is intended behavior.
Im kind of confused with how im supposed to progress in the game. I see you added some sort of quests and locations but all I see is the village and the forest. Tried all the options each offered and spent 20+days in game and nothing new is popping up, the village elder and village hall do nothing, the traders just there to buy supplies or sell them etc.

So am I missing something or whats going on?
Have you progressed the main quest? After 25 days a character called Natalie should appear and then you can progress.

Strykker

Dec 30, 2021
It's permanent. Do you think that is too punishing?
In my opinion, maybe. But I don’t know whether you will gain the lost stats back later on in the story with items or some other ways or not since I’m still at this stage of the story. So if you can restore any stats back later then that’d be ok I think. However, maybe any notification about permanent stats lose would be nice for the player as well since you have goblin dungeon as repeatable with nice supplies and money (especially the juice) reward are attractive but if the player know the risk beforehand they can plan better how many time they want to dive in in exchange for the speed stat.

Flutewind

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2021
In my opinion, maybe. But I don’t know whether you will gain the lost stats back later on in the story with items or some other ways or not since I’m still at this stage of the story. So if you can restore any stats back later then that’d be ok I think. However, maybe any notification about permanent stats lose would be nice for the player as well since you have goblin dungeon as repeatable with nice supplies and money (especially the juice) reward are attractive but if the player know the risk beforehand they can plan better how many time they want to dive in in exchange for the speed stat.
Thanks for the opinion. I'm considering rebalancing the goblin dungeon for the next release.