Others The Outpost [v0.1.1 Hotfix] [XieGoBlog]

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
1705133193531.png

Overview:
I lose my memories and wake up in an unfamiliar place.
As someone who didn't have an identity,
I was forced to become a mercenary to help in some military outpost at the borderland.
I don't know what going to happen to me.​

Thread Updated: 2024-02-01
Release Date: 2024-02-01
Developer: XieGoBlog
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.1 Hotfix
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - - -

1705136175304.png Base Profile Screenshot 2024.01.13 - 15.50.21.74.png Base Profile Screenshot 2024.01.13 - 15.51.14.43.png Base Profile Screenshot 2024.01.13 - 15.52.30.20.png Base Profile Screenshot 2024.01.13 - 15.53.18.54.png Base Profile Screenshot 2024.01.13 - 15.54.29.81.png Base Profile Screenshot 2024.01.13 - 15.54.43.55.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Desuro

Sep 6, 2016
Really short and not without problems but I see potential.
Some things that could be improved:
- you can mouse click to progress the dialogs and choose options for them but there are moments where the mouse dont work (thought the game crashed/freezed on me) until you hit "enter" or "spacebar"
- Carol face... dunno if the story will explain why she looks like that but ye she not looking to well + the pernament " extremely rosy cheeks" on her and Tina are just awful
- the masturbation scene didnt look great, Clair hand was heavily clipping through her body and the left/right motion on that chair was looking really odd
- the mc is a guy but looks like he have tits (I blame koikatsu for this) fortunately they get coverd pretty quickly with the armor
Some things that I liked:
- Third person camera
- Character movement is really smooth (defo better than some games sold on steam)
- Turn based combat with attack animations felt more "alive" than for example rpg maker turn based combat system
- Clipping camera a little showed Clair panties that are VERY interesting
- Carol is not stupid enough to instantly invite a stranger into her house
Not much more I could gather from this 0.0.1 demo.

Cant say much about the story either but its a nice start and makes you wonder why an outpost have a noble family stationed there without any soldiers/guards.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
- you can mouse click to progress the dialogs and choose options for them but there are moments where the mouse dont work (thought the game crashed/freezed on me) until you hit "enter" or "spacebar"
- Carol face... dunno if the story will explain why she looks like that but ye she not looking to well + the pernament " extremely rosy cheeks" on her and Tina are just awful
- the masturbation scene didnt look great, Clair hand was heavily clipping through her body and the left/right motion on that chair was looking really odd
- the mc is a guy but looks like he have tits (I blame koikatsu for this) fortunately they get coverd pretty quickly with the armor
Some things that I liked:
- Third person camera
- Character movement is really smooth (defo better than some games sold on steam)
- Turn based combat with attack animations felt more "alive" than for example rpg maker turn based combat system
- Clipping camera a little showed Clair panties that are VERY interesting
- Carol is not stupid enough to instantly invite a stranger into her house
Not much more I could gather from this 0.0.1 demo.

Cant say much about the story either but its a nice start and makes you wonder why an outpost have a noble family stationed there without any soldiers/guards.
Thanks for the good review guess I'll wait to a next release if there is one to check it out. See if it's got more to it than.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Wait until you have at least one sex scene before releasing, man. Right now it's just too little to release.

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
Noted, I already put your feedback on my development backlog.

Let me answer the questions
1. I forgot to put a button / key guide or tutorial for it, sorry.

2. The problem comes from the koikatsu exporter and incompatibility between the shader that is used on Blender with the engine shader.
The engine that I used is also still in Beta Version, so there are many lacking features.
I have already found the solution for this by using Toon / Cartoon like Shader. But still need to learn and do some experiments with this shader.
I can't do anything with the exporter.

3. I use animation from Koikatsu for this scene. Making custom animations is time-consuming for me right now. Sorry

4. Yup, this problem comes from Koikatsu. Already found the solution for this, but need to change the model and animation completely.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Yamemai and Desuro

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
Wait until you have at least one sex scene before releasing, man. Right now it's just too little to release.
Noted, thanks for the feedback.
I'm working on it and will release it on the next version (0.1.0).

I should clarify that this version (0.0.1) is just a Tech Demo on my post and released because I need initial feedback before I make further changes to the features. Sorry

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
Sadly can't properly test this out :(

But nevertheless best of luck with development o/

ps. Since you mentioned you might slightly struggle with language, in future proofreading is a must for this project.

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
Win 7, error on start
can you send me the error message or screenshot of it?

tbh, I never tested the game in the Win 7 environment, the engine creator also stated that the minimum requirement for the engine player is Win 10.

but let me check it first, hope it works on older versions of Windows.

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
It's always interesting seeing a game made in Smile Game Builder.
It's a different product but from the same developer that made SGB.
something like an upgraded version of SGB.

It is not much different than RPGM MV into MZ. It's the same, but different at the same time.
And you need to buy the engine separately :censored:

vdhoang

Jan 16, 2023
i cant run the game even though i have the right .net version. it shows the loading dialog then disappear

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
i cant run the game even though i have the right .net version. it shows the loading dialog then disappear
Can you tell me about your device environment? such as the Windows version and some of the specs?
But, I believe this problem comes from the engine that I use.

Bastion996

Jan 16, 2024
Is there anything to do besides giving yourself a hand in this version of the game? This looks fun but i'm not sure if i should download if nothing to do.

vdhoang

Jan 16, 2023
Can you tell me about your device environment? such as the Windows version and some of the specs?
But, I believe this problem comes from the engine that I use.
windows 10 pro ver 1909, intel core i5 10th u, intergrated video card and 12gibs of ram

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
windows 10 pro ver 1909, intel core i5 10th u, intergrated video card and 12gibs of ram

This is from the engine wiki. looks like an integrated graphic card will have a problem playing it.
They stated that the engine and player have the same requirements.

The engine uses many post-processing features that are also used for modern games by default.
So, the game kinda heavy. However, you can disable it and reduce the texture quality when the game already running.

But, I think IGPU from 10th gen I5 should meet the minimum requirement.
If you didn't see an error message after a small loading popup, please kindly check your task manager to make sure the game still running or force closed.

I'm still waiting for them (engine dev) to release the plugin to export into Unity so I can make my configuration for lower / older specs.

• Sad
Reactions: Yamemai and vdhoang