Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Patriarch [v0.11a] [TheGary]

1. 2.00 star(s)

albatare

TheGary does it again !
    He really has a talent to make the worst sandbox games.

After a short VN part at the start you're thrown in a mansion where the nightmare starts.
    Basically you wake up, check every room every hour while doing chores and if you miss one, it's game over.
    If you're patient enough, after repeating the same events multiple times to grind stats you'll progress to the next event to repeat (if you find what room and when to go, while dodging game overs).

It's a repeat of his last game, zero improvement.
    Good renders, horrible gameplay, no replay gallery, cryptic hints for walkthrough.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

lm42

Cure my addiction was a banger the last 2 chapters were ok but so far this is looking like another great piece of work. The fist games sexual pacing and room for addition of characters at times left something to be desired. Somehow I doubt that will be a problem here.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

HonoredEx

TLDR
    Story: 2/5
    Sandbox:2/5

Renders: 4.5/5

its hard not to compare the similarities with the devs previous and very good title 'cure my addiction', I am playing the game from beginning to v0.5f
    There is a mother figure that controls what you have access to/can do with the others like in CMA,
    Two sister figures one younger looking one who enjoy spanking so much that its not a punishment (like CMA)
    One older one who is being trained and will eventually like anal (like CMA)
    A wild 4th girl which acts as a sex relief and is into and anal and stuff too (like the doctor from CMA)

Its not like i was expecting some big change but i had hoped/would have liked some shake up , but if this what the supporters want then power to them,
    Sandbox
    The game itself render wise is amazing to look at, the models are good, good variations/options in sex scenes as we have come to expect from the dev,
    its the sandbox aspect that kills the game, boring stat raising esp the KARMA one is just a chore, sometimes finding that 1 sequence/step to clear a quest bubble from 'hints' can be annoying, Like having to redo #51 but with this change so it clears #54, Thankfully the minor daily tasks are easy to do but you have to do them daily and missing out 1 can end in gameover,
    so if someone's punishment time falls when they were supposed to cleaning the bathroom, you are done
    Story
    The story aspect starts strong but also falls a bit short in my opinion, these girls (apart from abigail) have done all the kinky shite before with their 'original father' and are just 'kink gating' you till you mature/trust level up,
    the excitement isnt there, because again they are more used to than your character is, they have been living like this for who knows how long.
    This harem feels like 'duty' and 'not earned', the sense of 'new' is only for the player not having seen some act but the characters most likely have done it,

I fear the longterm investment for when 'MC takes charge' might not pay off, because its going on the formula established in previous game where it was waaay too late and too little agency from the MC near the end,
  4. 2.00 star(s)

King22422

To begin with, a really good kinetic novel game. Camping with friends, sharing your girlfriend with your best buddies, there was a lot more to it. Now a boring sandbox game with repetitive sequences and a lot of spanking. Who likes it, ok. The story, on the other hand, is very good, just badly staged from the sandox part. It's just fetching water and wooden hooks and that's it for the day. So players don't stick around for long. I have finished the game. There are better games for that

My rating:

Storyline 3/5 Stars
    Models 5/5 Stars
    Render 4/5 Stars
    Gameplay 1/5 Stars

Still only 2 stars for the game because the sandbox is very boring.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Nurikabe

This review is of a work-in-progress and is current as of the 0.6 release. As such, it may not reflect the most recent changes.

The story begins with a couple wanting to expand their already wonderful sex life by adding a third person. That means it involves sharing. Not sure why this upsets some people as it is clearly explained in the teaser and in the game. A loving couple with a successful sex life and the desire to be adventurous. No horrible explanation of how the boyfriend can't perform or satisfy his love, no limp dick or small dick assholes — Just a fun MFM Fuckfest while camping. Later in the game, the focus becomes more dependent on BDSM. Discipline, power, and control (BDSM) are the main themes. With the added ability to favor anal or spanking fetishes; or keep it neutral (choosing a path takes it to the extreme). Despite choosing an alternate path, it is important to know that this game relies heavily on the discipline aspects of BDSM — perhaps too much. The first part of the story is a typical visual novel style and then becomes a free-roam sandbox.

Beautifully Rendered
    The game heavily relies on the rule of show, don't tell to great effect and detail. The images show a story and fill in the necessary details. Renders and camera angles are well planned and executed. Excellent depth of field and very good lighting. It is obvious that each render was planned, posed, and created with every detail in mind. Concentrating the focus of the scene on the female, while telling a visually pleasing story is a highlight of this visual novel. In particular, I enjoy the night scenes! Well done!

All the characters are rendered in detail, focusing on more realistic proportions and anatomy, like hair in the right places. It is nice to see that not everyone looks like a Ken and Barbie doll. And that the men are not hung like cockzilla. The use of vellus hair, pubic hair, and other body hair (just the right amount) is nice and a unique departure from most visual novels.

Sex scenes are excellent. A nice mixture of still images, partial, and full animations. The length of the scenes also seems appropriate. Their timing and spacing help the VN feel more realistic and well-rounded. Meaning you do not have to wait too long before the first and in between each sex scene.

Mature, Balanced Content
    The dialogue is thankfully mature and adult in nature; typical of what should be expected in younger to middle-aged adults. The conversation flows and tells a captivating story. Again, the intentional and planned aspect of the dialogue supports the strong visuals creating a well-balanced, mature, visual novel. While the text is understandable and has mostly correct grammar, there are minor problems with spelling and usage. Nothing that will lead to misunderstanding or complete gibberish.

The dialog boxes make it easy to understand who is speaking and who is making a decision. A common complaint heard in the forums, and I have to agree here, is that the dialog boxes are large and intrusive. The box takes up the majority of the screen and the image blurs in the background. While it is nice to see the different implementations of the dialog box and choice screen, it would be preferable to have smaller, less opaque, and less obtrusive boxes. As it stands, they are a bit jarring at first. They do interrupt the flow and immersion.

Original Minigames
    Minigames take on a new and interesting role in this game. Ordinarily, I refuse to engage in minigames. In most games, the minigames seem to have no logical connection to the current task. (Not to mention these games can be an unwelcome interruption during key scenes.) However, these games are quite intuitive, responsive, and, most importantly, contribute to the scene in a fun and imaginative manner. Although it is nice to have the option to skip each minigame, they do play into aspects like how much enjoyment the characters get from the sex act. If you successfully complete the minigame with the correct timing, it corresponds to a climax or heightened pleasure and the dialogue reflects this performance. Sometimes, it is fun to not achieve the best outcome just to see how the character responds.

The choice to dirty talk during sex, change speed, position, and even camera angle contribute to how the scene plays out and the enjoyment, comfort, and climax (or not) of the onscreen characters. I have never seen this level of integration executed so well. And it is fun!

And then...the Free-Roam begins...
    The negatives in this game mostly lie squarely in the boring, tedious chores of the free-roam. Hours must be spent raising multiple stats by completing monotonous tasks. The silver lining is that sex scenes are attached to many of the stat-grinding tasks. Even then, the tasks get old fast. While it is clear that a level of indoctrination is occurring during this time, a simple cut scene explaining the passage of time would suffice. Users' frustrations will be in trying to figure out what hidden key will move the game forward. The most recent patch has significantly improved the hint system and the overall interface during free roam. This section is the only weak part of the game.

Overall (TL;DR): 4.5 Stars
    The game is beautiful and sexy throughout. Sex scenes are fresh and hot. The minigames are skippable but fun to play and rewarded with great sex and dialog. The free-roam tasks are tedious, painful, and boring. So much so that the user will skip the monotonous sex scenes! The difference between the first and second parts of the game feels like two completely different games. Discipline and anal sex are the main themes with other (mostly) skippable or avoidable fetishes. Calling a woman "doll" is not classy. I could've played the first half and called it a 5-star short game with great replayability. Ultimately, the endgame will determine the success of this work-in-progress.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Nelson4ever

Review for v0.4
    PROS
    -
    Excellent renders and good looking female characters
    Great H scenes
    Story is okay bit different from other games

CONS -
    Sandbox - Typical grinding sandbox with time , free roam , chores and other unnecessary grinding things just to fill the game to make play this game a lot longer than it is . When this game started in the prologue was nice and after 1 or 2 updates turned to a grinding sandbox .
    In the end a good game becomes mediocre with typical grinding syndrome . I don't think I'll be playing this game again , I came here to play games not to do routine chores .
  7. 4.00 star(s)

hubvan

You don't have to like sandbox but at least here the dev does it right. There are recurring events with different outcomes dependent on your progress making the grind quite appealing and addictive, despite still being somewhat annoying. This I think, is still the best you can get from a sandbox game. Many devs use sandbox for a mostly linear storyline which makes no sense at all, or they make it so god damn grindy that it's unplayable and simply not worth the effort.

Unfortunately dev is too pussy to put up a "proper" family, possibly because he is too afraid of repercussion from patreon. Well, so be it. I still like the overall bdsm theme.

One star is removed because of the horribly boring and pointless prologue. I have zero clue why anybody would like the prologue more than the actual gameplay but whatever. I hope the good content keeps flowing from now on.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

boulimanus

The introduction is nicely done, with an interesting background for story and variety in scenes depending on choices.
    Then it's all downhill from there with free roam that rhymes with grind. Pretty badly done and makes you stumped even with hints (e.g. supposed to talk to Abi at the pond but she's never there).
    After some headless grind (that does progress some scenes to be fair) I was bored and went to watch paint dry instead.
    The models are decent otherwise, just cannot stand the 'game'.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 440241

The writing feels incredibly clunky in this. Characters laugh by saying "ah ah ah" instead of "ha ha ha", or deliver wooden exposition about themselves. An odd downgrade from the previous game by this same dev. My biggest gripe however is the interactive sex scenes. Sometimes these interactions influence whether the girl you're with has an orgasm, and it doesn't take much to screw up at those times. For other sex scenes the interactivity only exists to let you choose the position and camera angle, with no clear indication that your partner will cum regardless of what you do. This left me changing positions repeatedly waiting for non-existent dialogue to indicate how close the girl was on multiple occasions. I hate when devs try to gamify sex scenes like this.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

BayJay47

This game has gotten off to a slow start, but I believe it was both necessary and shows extraordinary promise for the future.

The current iteration of the game sets the stage for a BDSM experience as comprehensive fetish-wise as Cure My Addiction but with more focus, as TheGary has definitely matured as a creator.

The renders are excellent, there are already many fetishes with many more obvious to come, and I'm really looking forward to exploring the potential relationships between the various characters.

This is one of the few projects I support monthly, and I think it is well worth your time.... especially if you are reading this months or years down the line. The game is great right now, but the potential for the future is staggering.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

TomWant Badass

Wow, i didnt know that the game dev was the dev of cure my addiction! I loved Cure my adiction but this game is much better. Why, because C M A is to grindy and this new game has the best Prolog ever! Long and sexy, I would say the Prolog is a very good mini game with a lot of content. After that you have sandbox style harem game with very sexy animations and kinky contend. Very good game for Kink , not recomended for only Vanilla Players. I hope for more events in future updates, the renders an animations are really good 5/5.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

SeeEmilyPlay

The game is quickly becoming one of my favorites and that in only two updates!

The girls are hot, especially the sisters, finally a new game that has normal sized girls as well!

The casual sharing in the prologue was amazing! Wish you could choose dp action, but still, very hot.

And then in part two it becomes a game. I hate sandbox, but this is sandbox done right.

Great scenes, lots of hot kinks coming it seems.

Only worry I have is that it will turn into a spank fest like Cure my Addiction, that one got so annoyingly boring very quickly. Some spanking action is fine but if it becomes the only focus of the game I will have to pass.

Renders are top notch
    Animations are very good
    Models are hot

Great game
  13. 5.00 star(s)

thunderkiss321

Review of 0.2a:

Very Good game with lots of promise. Not super into the fetishes listed, but the way the story develops attracts my interest.

The Gary puts 100% into his games, and you can tell. Most scenes are animated. Would love to see better sound (and sounds that vary between girls), but I'm sure we can wait for future development on that.

Will be supporting!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Netjiespinner

Hey guys this game i have seen a lot of complaints regarding sandbox and in my opinion sandbox make a game more interesting.
    The story seems good nice flow and dialog s not bad at all. Renders are done very good. The models are nicely in proportions so you can sort of link then to a real person.
    Hope the story will develop event more with lots of children and maybe a few more sisters and mothers to build a decent harem lol.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Kinky Bully

I gave it a good review when it was a VN, but now it has become a shitty grind game.
    Now let's get the good, the bad, and the neutral.
    The good:
    • The renders. Top tier quality.
    • The models. Sexy as f. All of them are pretty well done. They all have different figures and body types. Good variety.
    • Good implementation of choices. Your choices and actions have an impact on the game.
    • Very well written. The narrative and dialogues were done with care and passion.
    • Diversity of character personality and good character development.
    • Hot sex scenes.
    The bad:
    • Grindy sandbox :mad:
    • The hints are just bad. Hinting time and location could make it a bit more enjoyable.
    • The amount of time you need to repeat something to get things done is just bad.

Neutral:
    • The pacing thing during the sex scene seems unnecessary
    The game still has potential if the dev intends to fix some shits. I will give it a better review again if he does that. Which I doubt highly.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

TheAverageForumUser

The Patriarch [v0.2a] - Review -
    Starting out with the positives the renders are amazing and the girls look good and story is not great but it is okay to play the sex animations are nice . There are annoying mini games in sex scenes but we have the option to skip them which is nice . The neutrals are game starts as a Visual novel and in the second update it turns into a sandbox but it is not too bad , it has some grind with free roam and having to repeat same actions but it is bearable to play . Moving on with negatives the choices in the early parts of the game doesn't matter , I chose the choice of not to peek on Abigail and Tommy having sex and it doesn't matter the game continues as you did peek . I know that forcing to have sex with Abigail is the basic for the story to move on but forcing to see them having sex and helping them to have more sex is just bad .
    So in the end the positives are the girls and the renders are good, story and the sandbox is okay for the most part . But bad is Fake choices which makes you ignore the positives in the game and making it a bad game .
  17. 5.00 star(s)

lampbruh

Cure My Addiction has been my favorite game thus far, and this might end up even better - renders look great, the content itself is engaging. There aren't too many scenes as of yet but each release has a sizeable amount of content and I'm not waiting months for each release.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Psycoxgeta

Really nice though man....Game is super nice! its a start and i cannot wait for the full game man! this is crazy shit! for my opinion well done bro! i really hope you'll make it to the and of this and don't abandon it! jessus i didnt see that commin!!! i love the idea and i love the characters! really nice also to see karma etc. a bad dude or nice. and mother.... that s very good dude. keep on !!!!! at first i didnt know what to wait. i mean the start from mid game is all difrent level. at first i tho ahh here we go again same shit. but guys. just play it really youll see good staff in here! i hope best of you m8!!!!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Snorkler

Renders are excellent.

Pacing could be improved a bit. (add more dramatic elements/clues before the big reveal at the end.)

Story structure should probably have been linear as this initial installment feels like a prologue and we'll get into more of the actual story in the future.

Enjoyed the characters, it feels as though they truly get along.

Amount of content for a first release: Superb

Story is engaging, I definitely want to know what's next.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

TGI Games

This game has amazing renders Really the best I've seen bar none and already we are being treated to some nice animations. There is a good balance of content available so the intro shows you what you will able to expect in the game content wise. 0.1 Seems like the intro, and it ends at a very interesting point from which the story could go a couple of different ways. I could be wrong but what I expect is that free movement will be unlocked at some point and thus the complaints about being a visual novel will become resolved since I'm not sure that is the final direction of the game. All in all great start for a great game and I'm very interested to learn where this story and game could go.