VN Ren'Py The Promise We Made [v0.2] [AdultSpice]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully, you didn't just read the first line and quickly rattled off your cute retort.
I'm sure you don't understand my point.

Yes, story-rich stories are interesting. They are called books.
Good day, sir I believe you have a message to deliver. :ROFLMAO:

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Ended up trying out the game and it seems to follow the EvaKiss formula (which can be a great thing if done as as she does).

This is super important for the formula, though, and this game lacking choices in such a plot-heavy chapter as the prologue makes me a bit pessimistic, as these are the thing that gives GGGB or ORS its main flavor. And I know this is a different game from a different developer but the game is so similar visually and in theme that it's impossible not to compare them. We can't choose how the MC treats her failure of a dad(who, btw, does not look like a 50yo that has been depressed for 4 years AT ALL) or a weird coworker, we can't choose how she deals with the rude stranger, we can't even choose if she fucks her BF!
Now, this is just a very early version and the Dev addresses the lack of choices, but it seems like that's how it will work even after future updates, that choices will just show up on future scenes and events after the prologue. Makes me think the stories might end up being linear and with little to no nuance, which would suck.
This comment I made about the first release still applies to the newest one.
Dev, the prologue needs a rework. It needs choices. This type of game is choice-heavy and will need lots of planning and effort, there's no escaping this. The game starts before the intro, so the first part should also have gameplay.

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
The way he wrote the story is good.
For example when groped, there is a costomer coming. So it make sense MC does not want to make a scene.
Reasonable and relatable. I like it better than GGGB in this respect.
GGGB have EXTREMALY UGLY art

AdultSpice

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
This comment I made about the first release still applies to the newest one.
Dev, the prologue needs a rework. It needs choices. This type of game is choice-heavy and will need lots of planning and effort, there's no escaping this. The game starts before the intro, so the first part should also have gameplay.
Your response made me think of the prologue and I thought that maybe for first-time players the prologue would sound boring without any choices that's true, but I also don't find any reason to add choices to the prologue scenes because I don't believe that it will matter in the game I want to make choices that matters to Emma's corruption, choices that will have consequences, and in the prologue, I couldn't find any choice that will fit this.

And I don't want to go back and remade the game because I want to focus on completing the game first, then remade it to make it better.

But I'm curious and I want to hear your opinion on what choices would you make in the prologue, to clarify I'm not asking for ideas to steal I'm just curious about your opinion I want all the feedback that I can get to discuss people intrest and likes
Android port?
I'm trying to learn how to make an android port and will release it as soon as possible

AdultSpice

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
This is the Italian translation of :
The Promise We Made [v0.2]

**********************************************************************************
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"
extract the .rar file and move "game" to the game where the .exe file resides overwrite if required

Download
Wow, thank you for taking the time to translate my game unfortunately I don't know Italian but I appreciate taking the time and effort to translate this.

Reactions: Daniele69

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
Emma's corruption,
That's why I ignored this game. It's not a FEMALE game. Only a virgin hikikomori boy, social loser, and mummy's sissy believes in the "corruption" of women. Whenever a male creates a supposedly feminine game, it turns into emotionless, boring nonsense about mechanical sex with the first guy he sees. And if the developer is from a third world country, he's talking nonsense in the style of cheap American teen horror films about college and other things he doesn't know and can't know anything about.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
But I'm curious and I want to hear your opinion on what choices would you make in the prologue, to clarify I'm not asking for ideas to steal I'm just curious about your opinion I want all the feedback that I can get to discuss people intrest and likes
I would actually be very pleased if you decided to steal those.

The beginning needs choices that define Emma's starting personality and relationship to her peers. The way she deals with her depressed dad(rudely, gently, uncaring), how she interacts with her coworkers(flirting, disgusted, indifferent) and also the people at the voluntary work, though even working there should probably be behind a choice. The way she acts with her boyfriend and how she reacts to her boyfriend going away should also be choices. How is their relationship? Do they have a healthy sex life? Is she angry because he's leaving? Is she just sad? Worried?

Geigi

Formerly 'EnchantedMoon'
Jul 7, 2017
That's why I ignored this game. It's not a FEMALE game. Only a virgin hikikomori boy, social loser, and mummy's sissy believes in the "corruption" of women. Whenever a male creates a supposedly feminine game, it turns into emotionless, boring nonsense about mechanical sex with the first guy he sees. And if the developer is from a third world country, he's talking nonsense in the style of cheap American teen horror films about college and other things he doesn't know and can't know anything about.
Everytime i read the word corruption, i think of politicians, police, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: XavierVCP

AdultSpice

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
The beginning needs choices that define Emma's starting personality and relationship to her peers. The way she deals with her depressed dad(rudely, gently, uncaring)
Alright sorry for replying late

With the choices that you've recommended I think that will make the game more complex and more confusing, the problem I have with GGGB is exactly that, it had too many choices that often confused me and missed some of the routes for example with the dad getting Ashley pregnant you had to make certain decisions and have certain status for the choice to appear.

I'm not saying that your ideas are wrong, I'm saying that I don't think that it will match the gameplay of the game
You said to make choices for Emma to deal with her father but I think if I did that in the prologue it would only fill the game with empty choices and what I mean by that

In the V0.2 version you have 2 sets of choices with the Dad.
The first set is to either yell at him for entering your room or not which will raise Emma's slut points *(I haven't decided if I should add slut points or not yet but I'm putting it out there just in case)*
The second set of choice is to either forgive him or not and this will result in helping him in the future or not

If she forgive him she will help him and go through with this together but if she does not forgive him he will have to try to become a better man by himself to show her that he can change as a person and gain her trust again
this creates 2 paths, if you want to follow Dad's storyline or not
AND you have gained slut points from this scene. Now if I did that on the prologue I think that I would have put empty choices out there

how she interacts with her coworkers(flirting, disgusted, indifferent)
I don't think that this will work because if she flirts with Mikey she will be a slut from the beggining therefore no need to be corrupted if she is disgusted or indifferent by him it will be almost the same storyline with her boss

The way she acts with her boyfriend and how she reacts to her boyfriend going away should also be choices. How is their relationship? Do they have a healthy sex life? Is she angry because he's leaving? Is she just sad? Worried?
I think that the prologue showed just that Emma and her boyfriend have a healthy relationship it was show with the sex scene she also got angry with him leaving for the buisnes trip and later at the airport she make up to him

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Alright sorry for replying late

With the choices that you've recommended I think that will make the game more complex and more confusing, the problem I have with GGGB is exactly that, it had too many choices that often confused me and missed some of the routes for example with the dad getting Ashley pregnant you had to make certain decisions and have certain status for the choice to appear.

I'm not saying that your ideas are wrong, I'm saying that I don't think that it will match the gameplay of the game
I understand now. Thanks for clarifying. I guess my vision of the game was different from what you had in mind.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes