Others The Rescue of Mermaids [v1.1.9 Steam] [Gillenew]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

AndyM

May 8, 2024
I got virus detected on the latest version
why
It's called a "false positive"
" a test result which wrongly indicates that a particular condition or attribute is present "

They happen a lot, so your best bet is to check on Virustotal website when ever you aren't sure

It has no DRM so all I did was zip it straight from my Steam account to upload it, it's clean

AndyM

May 8, 2024
This bomberman minigame is so ass. I thought it was just skill issue but holy crap this boss fight is just poorly designed.
Developer Nov14, 2023 @ 9:58am - " I'll come with new updates (I already know the menu 'extra' and monster girls is broke by now, I'll fix it soon and release a new build) "

Still nothing :(

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Shocked this is alive. I remember the EA incomplete demo or whatever being around like... 5+ years ago lol.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
"0.0.3" That's why I put it up, it is the latest Steam version and the patch notes go as far as November 14 2023, so IDK what the deal is for this games updates, maybe it's been updated?
:unsure:
You can see all the changes on the Steam update page tho and possibly figure it out if you ever played it previously
I own the game on Steam and have since day 1. It's been mostly nothingburger updates, probably to keep people from complaining it's a scam or something.

The game hasn't really had any progress since a few days after it launched on Steam, and at one point AFTER launching on Steam was due for a complete remake which it seems it finally sort of got...

The game is abandoned/dead for all intents and purposes, just fair warning not to get your hopes up about this one the dev is terrible at getting anything done.

bannedblex

Nov 17, 2022
Over five years and there's STILL no full saves . Tbh if anyone even has a save where its past the first boss fight I'll take it.

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
"0.0.3" That's why I put it up, it is the latest Steam version and the patch notes go as far as November 14 2023, so IDK what the deal is for this games updates, maybe it's been updated?
:unsure:
You can see all the changes on the Steam update page tho and possibly figure it out if you ever played it previously
post the changelogs, not all people have to login steam, so everyone can see what the dev "added".

Apr 18, 2022
Holy shit, the new version is just a broken-ass tech demo. Older versions are nothing special, either. I don't know whether to be angry over the amount of time I spent digging through this bunk or saddened that there's no mermaid coochie. :<

That said, the dev seems to have a history of setting up projects and abandoning them. Last update on their Patreon was nearly 9 months ago, and their Twitter account is nothing but shilling for Shady Corner's new games. Steam community updates are also scarce, with most posts boiling down to someone saying the game is abandoned and the dev saying they're "still working on new updates". Needless to say, don't expect this game to ever be finished.

The developer is still collecting money from those stupid enough to continue donating, which proves that Gillenew went to the HentaiWriter school of scamming your audience through unfinished hentai game demos. Extremely ironic considering both this and Future Fragments (HW's game which did the same thing of releasing unfinished, promising big updates, and then going radio silent) are published under Shady Corner Games. Pink badger of death strikes again...

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
Holy shit, the new version is just a broken-ass tech demo. Older versions are nothing special, either. I don't know whether to be angry over the amount of time I spent digging through this bunk or saddened that there's no mermaid coochie. :<

That said, the dev seems to have a history of setting up projects and abandoning them. Last update on their Patreon was nearly 9 months ago, and their Twitter account is nothing but shilling for Shady Corner's new games. Steam community updates are also scarce, with most posts boiling down to someone saying the game is abandoned and the dev saying they're "still working on new updates". Needless to say, don't expect this game to ever be finished.

The developer is still collecting money from those stupid enough to continue donating, which proves that Gillenew went to the HentaiWriter school of scamming your audience through unfinished hentai game demos. Extremely ironic considering both this and Future Fragments (HW's game which did the same thing of releasing unfinished, promising big updates, and then going radio silent) are published under Shady Corner Games. Pink badger of death strikes again...
i guess we are fucking fk, and how bad is the reputation of shady corner games publisher?

Reactions: Sscdrake

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018

Basically, yes. This game was never more than a tech demo though it does showcase he has talent, he just seems terrible at using it and has horrible worth ethics. The first "release" was like 1/100th of a level with a admittedly decent animations. He then vanished for years, came back with this current remake, most of which is just reused content, and like, MAYBE a dash of new stuff i.e. the opening and home base and a handful of animations.

The game is still incomplete and for all intents after half a decade added maybe one or new basic animations and no real game progress.

Like I said, it's just abandoned. I think he just wants to make it look like it's still in development so people keep buying it.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
i guess we are fucking fk, and how bad is the reputation of shady corner games publisher?
The publishers are fine; they are the devs who made Shady Lewd Kart:

https://f95zone.to/threads/shady-lewd-kart-v1-59-steam-shady-corner.27719/

They also published a ton of complete little indie games, some more notable than others. They basically just help small and single devs who have no interest or knowledge in the more mechanical process of publishing on Steam but aren't really full publishers in the sense that they promote the game and push it far and wide, etc.

It's just kind of to help other indie ero devs and to share presence since many people do click through to see a publisher's entire list so it's good to be on it for promotion.

However, they are pretty much open door so I don't think it's fair to hold them accountable for this dev's shittery.

(need to have ero games allowed and be logged onto steam).

Reactions: ejmuerte
Apr 18, 2022
They're the LJN of the hentai game industry. Most of what they publish is borderline shovelware, and they coincidentally work with a lot of devs who use less-than-savory methods to sell more copies of their slop. Examples include Future Fragments being sold as a "completed game" (i.e. not under early access) when it's an unfinished demo, Dungeon Vixens falsely advertising itself as a "roguelike" when it isn't one at all, and Dreamcutter straight up promoting other Shady Corner games in its h-scenes. They also collaborate with lots of devs that make loli/shota/underage hentai, but that's more of a personal issue for me than it is a general one.

The company itself was started by some British wanker who lived in Japan for a few years and has a "comedy" show on YouTube where he reviews hentai games (and apparently got some notoriety from it). The reviews in question are, in my humble opinion, super cringy and try way to hard too be "funny". Catching a bad case of jock itch would be more fun than sitting through any of the videos this Redditor-looking asshole produces, or playing any of the shitty games he publishes.

233xxx

May 5, 2023
Over five years and there's STILL no full saves . Tbh if anyone even has a save where its past the first boss fight I'll take it.
tbh full save is meaningless cause the gallery is broken. u cant get anything u want from a full save.

Scavenges

Sep 4, 2020
I am more confused on how to go into the 2nd world since I looked at the game on steam and people seem to be asking about stuff that sounds further ahead(granted last year). Is this really the version that is on steam?
There is simply a thing telling me the level is being worked on for 1st spot in 2nd world.

Reactions: bobthekill

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
They're the LJN of the hentai game industry. Most of what they publish is borderline shovelware, and they coincidentally work with a lot of devs who use less-than-savory methods to sell more copies of their slop. Examples include Future Fragments being sold as a "completed game" (i.e. not under early access) when it's an unfinished demo, Dungeon Vixens falsely advertising itself as a "roguelike" when it isn't one at all, and Dreamcutter straight up promoting other Shady Corner games in its h-scenes. They also collaborate with lots of devs that make loli/shota/underage hentai, but that's more of a personal issue for me than it is a general one.
i'm more on loli/shota hentai games even with added tag on yaoi/yuri in a loli/shota games than vanilla these days unless if the vanilla hentai games are good i give it a chance.

• Angry
Reactions: HeavyMetalSlug

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
The publishers are fine; they are the devs who made Shady Lewd Kart:

https://f95zone.to/threads/shady-lewd-kart-v1-59-steam-shady-corner.27719/

They also published a ton of complete little indie games, some more notable than others. They basically just help small and single devs who have no interest or knowledge in the more mechanical process of publishing on Steam but aren't really full publishers in the sense that they promote the game and push it far and wide, etc.

It's just kind of to help other indie ero devs and to share presence since many people do click through to see a publisher's entire list so it's good to be on it for promotion.

However, they are pretty much open door so I don't think it's fair to hold them accountable for this dev's shittery.

(need to have ero games allowed and be logged onto steam).
will the publisher help the indie dev programmer? because gille is not updating his own hentai game like this game title and im sure he has other game title projects which is he is busy at.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes