Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Uh that was weird - in the changelog the dev describes this as a packed update, maybe I was just on the wrong paths, I tried one with faithfulu Kari gf, then non-exclusive Lois and non-exclusive Kari both, with both playthroughs, I FLEW threw the new days....there was maybe an additional sex scene or 2?

it would seem to me .. the choices i'm making in this game .. are starting to mean nothing ... as the story is going a different path than my choices :(
Yeah I'm starting to feel the same, it's disappointing man, like regardless of if I'm in a faithful totally committed Kari setup, I seem to get dumped on rails into the harem-catch-em all fuckfest late game. The lois cheating still occurs on the trip which is unavoidable on a solo romance path.... it's frustrating.

I know dev has a strong work ethic, he puts out a lot of stuff, but he really needs to think about what's important mechanically rather than get lost in the here and now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImperialD

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Uh that was weird - in the changelog the dev describes this as a packed update, maybe I was just on the wrong paths, I tried one with faithfulu Kari gf, then non-exclusive Lois and non-exclusive Kari both, with both playthroughs, I FLEW threw the new days....there was maybe an additional sex scene or 2?

Yeah I'm starting to feel the same, it's disappointing man, like regardless of if I'm in a faithful totally committed Kari setup, I seem to get dumped on rails into the harem-catch-em all fuckfest late game. The lois cheating still occurs on the trip which is unavoidable on a solo romance path.... it's frustrating.

I know dev has a strong work ethic, he puts out a lot of stuff, but he really needs to think about what's important mechanically rather than get lost in the here and now.
The dev has stated in the past that his original vision of the game was that Kari was totally the Roommate referenced in the title, and that she was intended to be the center of the game. Lois' popularity came as a surprise, and (not wanting to disappoint those who liked her) he's tried to modify things to accommodate her being at an equal level to Kari, or even being the primary girl in the MC's affections.

This has led (in my opinion) to a number of holes in the game, where original dialog needs to be updated for some of the additional paths, and where there are an increasing number of logic holes in the story itself. The four sisters have more reason to get involved in saving the MC's life if he and Kari are solidly together than they do if he has chosen not to get involved with her. It's unclear if it is (or was) going to technically result in a bad end if the MC is grossly unfaithful to Kari, or even somewhat unfaithful (I'm assuming that the MC dying at a relatively young age counts as a bad end).

To the dev's credit, it seems like most of the problems people are having are due to him choosing to open up the story for more possibilities than he had originally intended to. He might be best served by laying out (for his use) some details as to where the story needs to go now; I assume he had some rough plan for the story to move forward, even if it allowed him the flexibility to explore things that interested him along the way. I've expressed concern on many occasions that the "scope creep" he's allowed to date will have him going down paths he never intended to tread (possibly including some he may discover he is uninterested in following, making decelopment of those paths harder to complete), and will lead to overall slower progress, as he's got to accommodate a number of additional paths and activities that weren't part of his original plans. Figuring out where things are going now to at least some level of detail, and how to switch in and out of scenes that not everyone will see, and to properly manage dialog based on the paths selected, would be important things to get worked out sooner than later.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
To the dev's credit, it seems like most of the problems people are having are due to him choosing to open up the story for more possibilities than he had originally intended to. He might be best served by laying out (for his use) some details as to where the story needs to go now; I assume he had some rough plan for the story to move forward, even if it allowed him the flexibility to explore things that interested him along the way.
Right now it feels like the opposite though. Not overexpansion, but a contraction.

I didn't play through all the path permutations, but it certainly seemed like the branches consolidated instead of splitting too much.

Meaning regardless of if you're doing A, B, C, or D early, you still end up in an almost identical E endgame. I'm saying it seems like a shift towards kinetic play, not a shift towards offering too many choices with too many routes.

I could certainly be wrong, or just didn't play the right routes which saw the most content in the last few updates.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
i keep getting error messages apparantly "rejected" is not coded or whatever, been this way or a few versions now, i even made a new save. the problem might be that im rejecting the coffe shop girl cuz i think she is the only one i have rejected. anyone else got this problem?

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
Right now it feels like the opposite though. Not overexpansion, but a contraction.

I didn't play through all the path permutations, but it certainly seemed like the branches consolidated instead of splitting too much.

Meaning regardless of if you're doing A, B, C, or D early, you still end up in an almost identical E endgame. I'm saying it seems like a shift towards kinetic play, not a shift towards offering too many choices with too many routes.

I could certainly be wrong, or just didn't play the right routes which saw the most content in the last few updates.
i did a replay where i did some random choices and ended up getting a pretty different story when i got into the sub routes(or well the general route is the same but it happens differently) while having exclusive or not relationship doesn't really seem to affect the story at all except for like 2-3 changed lines. i think the problem is that getting into some of the routes is wierd like if you wanna get into lois sub route you tell her you want her to be your slut first then you get the choice.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022

Understood. It may simply mean that there isn't a unique place to funnel some paths yet, so they end up going to scenes where the dialog doesn't make sense with the path you've chosen (because nothing has been written to deal with that yet). As others have suggested, it's important to pass information on these occurrences on to the dev, as they most likely represent either places he hasn't provided dialog or scenes appropriate to all paths yet, or (more importantly) places where he should provide such that he may have missed.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
i did a replay where i did some random choices and ended up getting a pretty different story when i got into the sub routes(or well the general route is the same but it happens differently) while having exclusive or not relationship doesn't really seem to affect the story at all except for like 2-3 changed lines. i think the problem is that getting into some of the routes is wierd like if you wanna get into lois sub route you tell her you want her to be your slut first then you get the choice.
That would make perfect sense then as I almost always avoid the sub routes by a mile.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
i keep getting error messages apparantly "rejected" is not coded or whatever, been this way or a few versions now, i even made a new save. the problem might be that im rejecting the coffe shop girl cuz i think she is the only one i have rejected. anyone else got this problem?
Yep, got those too:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not sure if this is a ren'py thing, but I am running the game using the .exe.

Traceback for: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'name'
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android port of The Roommate with JokerLeader's walkthrough mod to v0.11.01.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

Jukke55

Oct 20, 2019
View attachment 3401432
How do you unlock this path?
That is from the whore Lois out path.

To get her to that path you have to on day 40 on the plane ride home from London, chose Executive Slut, and then Executive Slut again at the next chose. (You have to had sex with Lois while in London)
Then on day 61 when Lois show the office apartment for the first time, chose to pay her 5 dollars for a blowjob.
The next day on the BBQ event. Push the idea of her being a whore until you get the option to pay her 10 dollar for sex.
On day 64 when back at the office, chose the option that you think Lois are an whore. Then later in the day chose to follow Greenfield's advice, instead of taking her out for dinner. Then you just pick the yellow one if you want to continue to whore Lois out.

Reactions: kevcolqaz

Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
Error on the lois whore path in the pub:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch64.rpy", line 1885, in script call
    call thepub from _call_thepub
  File "game/loisdates.rpy", line 1277, in script
    menu:
SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character (loisdates.rpy, line 1281)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ch64.rpy", line 1885, in script call
    call thepub from _call_thepub
  File "game/loisdates.rpy", line 1277, in script
    menu:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1026, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2274, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
    raise e
SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character (loisdates.rpy, line 1281)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Roommate 0.11.01
Sat Mar  2 14:11:50 2024

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
IT WOULD BE SO EASY FOR DEV TO MAKE NTR SHIT AVOIDABLE...EASY PEASY
There is NTR ? I hope its avodiable tho ? It was quite a long time since i checked it out so I wanted to try to finish to the current update. Some one have any infos regarding this ?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
There is NTR ? I hope its avodiable tho ? It was quite a long time since i checked it out so I wanted to try to finish to the current update. Some one have any infos regarding this ?
There's no NTR.

Any scenes with another male are either with a woman who is not your LI (and you have to make choices to find that)...or you have told/forced to be with on a sharing path. Regardless of what some fragile members of our community believe, neither of those are NTR.

On the first part my previous comment, on one path (where you use said LI to make a baby) then there is debate to be had as to whether she should be doing what she is. But that's entirely another argument, she is still not your LI on that path, just a baby making object. Whether this is actually bad coding/a bug or not..remains to be seen.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
There's no NTR.

Any scenes with another male are either with a woman you are not involved with (and you have to make choices to find that)...or you have told/forced to be with on a sharing path. Regardless of what some fragile members of our community believe, neither of those are NTR.
HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!!!

One of the girls was in the same state as another male, THAT'S NTR RIGHT THERE!!!!

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes