Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.02 Public] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I get this traceback when Rei is speaking. Playing the 0.9.5 game + mod version
That's kind of a little fucked up, because she's defined in script.rpy.
Load the latest save you have before that error, press Shift+O, and execute the following two console commands one after the other:
default rei = Girl( "Rei" )
define re = Character( "Rei", image = "rei", color = "#ff9f9f" )

That should fix it.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
That's kind of a little fucked up, because she's defined in script.rpy.
Load the latest save you have before that error, press Shift+O, and execute the following two console commands one after the other:
default rei = Girl( "Rei" )
define re = Character( "Rei", image = "rei", color = "#ff9f9f" )

That should fix it.
Thanks that fixed it. I noticed it was already defined in script.rpy, so was scratching my head about what to do. Eventually though I start a new game, then it happened again. I'll have to remember this fix for 'sayer'

Reactions: Emelex

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Oops. Emelex
When you do get around to it... please take a look at end parts in files Ch63.rpy and Ch64.rpy. Something don't add up there

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Oops. Emelex
When you do get around to it... please take a look at end parts in files Ch63.rpy and Ch64.rpy. Something don't add up there
As I explained in the ReadMe and the changelog, you need to delete ch63.rpy and ch63.rpyc. They were part of an older version of the mod that I took out because the base game's version of that day should suffice.

Also, I'm finally taking a look at v0.9.6's files now. I guess you can say I'm working on the update, but I still haven't played the new scenes yet, so it won't be finished until after I do. Usually, I'd take a look at JokerLeader's files to see what needs to be updated, but he hasn't updated his version of the WT mod yet.

MasterYensid

Feb 19, 2018
As I explained in the ReadMe and the changelog, you need to delete ch63.rpy and ch63.rpyc. They were part of an older version of the mod that I took out because the base game's version of that day should suffice.

Also, I'm finally taking a look at v0.9.6's files now. I guess you can say I'm working on the update, but I still haven't played the new scenes yet, so it won't be finished until after I do. Usually, I'd take a look at JokerLeader's files to see what needs to be updated, but he hasn't updated his version of the WT mod yet.
From what I have seen in other threads, Joker is on vacation until the end of the month...

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Oh damn o_O serves me right for never bothering to look in there, since these files in most mods usually just contain instructions on how to install a mod.

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Hmmm, I'm fairly sure this one I didn't get before... when I started from scratch with 0.9.5
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch62.rpy", line 89, in script call
    call karasfirsttime
  File "game/ks02.rpy", line 157, in <module>
NameError: name 'limitReduce' is not defined
Saw the same error posted in the game thread, but there it used all lowercase for limitreduce.
Turns out, 0.9.6 has the function now defined as limitReduce in functions.rpy, but the 0.9.5 mod has it defined in all lowercase.
Looks like togs changed the case between 0.9.5 and 0.9.6 but am not sure...

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Hmmm, I'm fairly sure this one I didn't get before... when I started from scratch with 0.9.5
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/ch62.rpy", line 89, in script call
    call karasfirsttime
  File "game/ks02.rpy", line 157, in <module>
NameError: name 'limitReduce' is not defined
Saw the same error posted in the game thread, but there it used all lowercase for limitreduce.
Turns out, 0.9.6 has the function now defined as limitReduce in functions.rpy, but the 0.9.5 mod has it defined in all lowercase.
Looks like togs changed the case between 0.9.5 and 0.9.6 but am not sure...
I know, that's one of the things I've updated for WT+ v0.9.6. I'm actually almost done with it. I just have to rewrite some possible mistakes I may have made with the Lois dates logic. The mod will be out very soon, unless togs or JokerLeader release another update before then, in which case I will have to analyze their files first.
By the way, the way I fixed the limitReduce problem was by just defining it twice under both names.

EDIT: I just released the new v0.9.6 update. I haven't played the game from start to finish with it, but I did play enough of the game with it that I'm reasonably sure it won't have any issues. If I'm wrong, please feel free to inform me and I will try to fix the issue as quickly as I can get around to it.

Last edited:

farid.ziyatdinov

Oct 17, 2019

While running game code:
File "game/loisdates.rpy", line 700, in script
return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/ch64.rpy', 1689781222, 3166).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
return
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
File "renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018

While running game code:
return

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
return
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
File "renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Can you upload the save? I'm not sure I can fix the mod to work with that save, but I can try, and if I can't, I might be able to rollback the save to work with the mod.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I used to rewrite the save's return stack, and then I loaded it in-game and assigned the proper values to all of the variables I recently added to the mod to make sure the save will work with it. The game will repeat back to the club date once, so you'll have to replay that part, but after you do, the game/mod/save should work normally.

farid.ziyatdinov

Oct 17, 2019
I used to rewrite the save's return stack, and then I loaded it in-game and assigned the proper values to all of the variables I recently added to the mod to make sure the save will work with it. The game will repeat back to the club date once, so you'll have to replay that part, but after you do, the game/mod/save should work normally.
Thank you, it works.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Read you fixed some pre-existing typos.
Stumbled onto two overlooked missing words (may have missed others if they still exist)

Code:
ch62.rpy
line 1579 "... would smell ..." -> "... would still smell ..."

Ch64.rpy
line 1199 "... take her a  ..." -> "... take her to a ... "

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Does this work if your save file was made while playing with Joker's mod?
Honestly, I have no idea. But I do know that if you try the reverse of that - if you try running a save file made with my mod in the unmodded base game or a copy of the game with Joker's mod installed instead of mine - it might not run quite as expected because my mod allows you to assign multiple roles and statuses to Lois, and the base game is only equipped to handle one at a time.

Read you fixed some pre-existing typos.
Stumbled onto two overlooked missing words (may have missed others if they still exist)

Code:
ch62.rpy
line 1579 "... would smell ..." -> "... would still smell ..."

Ch64.rpy
line 1199 "... take her a  ..." -> "... take her to a ... "
The one in ch62, which is found in a few other places in the game, is a quote from Shakespeare and thus will not be treated as a typo:

But the line in Ch64, which I wrote to justify extra date scenes, is, in fact, a typo. Good work for catching it. But just to be specific, the fix would be more accurately described as:
"... taking her a ..." -> "... taking her to a ... "

I've reuploaded the mod with the correction added.

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Agreed with "... taking her to a ...", I forgot to change it in the suggestion. (copy/paste oversight)

I also inserted a black screen in ch59 in the first menu choice around line 1215, so the mod text doesn't keep showing when looking at Vanessa's pictures
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And I moved some lines around in ch60 between 190-215 to make them fit better with the displayed scenes. (see attached images)

ch61
line 260 p "Wow! Her ass looks incredible."

Should probably be in italic, as it looks more like MC is thinking this ...

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Agreed with "... taking her to a ...", I forgot to change it in the suggestion. (copy/paste oversight)

I also inserted a black screen in ch59 in the first menu choice around line 1215, so the mod text doesn't keep showing when looking at Vanessa's pictures
And I moved some lines around in ch60 between 190-215 to make them fit better with the displayed scenes. (see attached images)

ch61
line 260 p "Wow! Her ass looks incredible."

Should probably be in italic, as it looks more like MC is thinking this ...
These are all excellent suggestions! I just coded them into the mod and uploaded them here. I credited you in the Changelog, ReadMe, and comments.

Reactions: FaceCrap

2MoshPit

Sep 22, 2021
Hey Emelex,

I've created a post in the OP of the game already, but I thought (in case you look more in your threads) I post the traceback in here as well (it occurs afte I was stabbed by Randy [I've started a new game with your mod]) - so here we are:

if you need something else (screenshot, save-file), please let me know...

best regards

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes