Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.04 Public & v0.11.05 WIP] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
I dunno if it's due to the mod, as I've not tried without it, but whenever you load a save there's an error.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
if you didnt use the mod for the save game then yes its because of the mod because it uses some different variables than the joker mod or the base game

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Here's a new one made 10 seconds into the game that gives the following error

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It works for me, but that might be because I inadvertently neglected to update one or two of the files I changed for this version. I just updated the MediaFire and MEGA.nz archives, so redownloading and reinstalling the mod might fix the problem. If it doesn't, tell me so I can run more tests.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
If it doesn't, tell me so I can run more tests.
Nope I still get that 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'shae'.

I then thought maybe something was up with the compressed version of the game, so I deleted the game and re-extracted it without the mod at all, started over saved and loaded but then that worked fine... so it's something to do with the mod.

You can ignore through error so maybe it's no big deal, I wouldn't stress over it.

Reactions: Emelex

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Nope I still get that 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'shae'.

I then thought maybe something was up with the compressed version of the game, so I deleted the game and re-extracted it without the mod at all, started over saved and loaded but then that worked fine... so it's something to do with the mod.

You can ignore through error so maybe it's no big deal, I wouldn't stress over it.
Okay, I did a fresh install, and I'm getting the error now, which helped me figure out how to fix it:
Delete ns-shae.rpy and ns-shae.rpyc from the game folder. I'll update the mod archives to remove them as well. That should fix it.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Got multiple errors through playing this latest update as well, save was made with the previous version of the mod, but they could all be ignored. At least one was during the nun outfit discussion, one was just before the option to choose Kiki's relationship type and one was near the end. Also MC's dialogue name is Player even though everyone else calls him with my chosen name.

Also it's somewhat unclear how the Louis relationship decisions affect the game going forward. Can I still have the Girlfriend+slave experience which is one of the main points of the mod if I chose girlfriend during the 0.9.9 clarification and the subsequent discussion where MC asks Louis to move in.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Delete ns-shae.rpy and ns-shae.rpyc from the game folder. I'll update the mod archives to remove them as well. That should fix it.
Seems odd they'd be entirely redundant, but I'll give it a whirl later, hopefully there's no knock-on problems.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Got multiple errors through playing this latest update as well, save was made with the previous version of the mod, but they could all be ignored. At least one was during the nun outfit discussion, one was just before the option to choose Kiki's relationship type and one was near the end. Also MC's dialogue name is Player even though everyone else calls him with my chosen name.

Also it's somewhat unclear how the Louis relationship decisions affect the game going forward. Can I still have the Girlfriend+slave experience which is one of the main points of the mod if I chose girlfriend during the 0.9.9 clarification and the subsequent discussion where MC asks Louis to move in.
It's "Lois", not "Louis". And a week ago, togs answered that with this post on his Patreon feed:
For the sake of argument, let's say you tell her you want her to be a real girlfriend and move in with you. She'll still wear her choker and call you "Master" in private if she's your sub, for example. You're not under any compulsion to continue down that path, but there's not (yet) a way to "switch it off."
I'm sorry if you're getting errors. I did just re-update the mod, and I'll likely have to revise it again when togs releases his next update today. If there are errors with today's build, you can post your logs and saves here and I will take a look at them.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
I'm pretty sure I had current version since the mod wasn't released yet when I went away for a couple of days and I only returned a couple of hours before posting. However now that I look at the changelog of the game it's possible that my save was from 0.9.7 instead, I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway most of the errors were about names not being defined, specifically JLOISC2, JJENNIECN, JJENNIEMP1 and loiswhore. Also u'Model' is not in list when calling newrelationship for kiki and lois and finally StoreModule missing attribute shae when increasing lust.

If these are explainable with save being from 0.9.7 instead of 0.9.9 then no harm done, otherwise maybe they help finding some bugs.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I'm pretty sure I had current version since the mod wasn't released yet when I went away for a couple of days and I only returned a couple of hours before posting. However now that I look at the changelog of the game it's possible that my save was from 0.9.7 instead, I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway most of the errors were about names not being defined, specifically JLOISC2, JJENNIECN, JJENNIEMP1 and loiswhore. Also u'Model' is not in list when calling newrelationship for kiki and lois and finally StoreModule missing attribute shae when increasing lust.

If these are explainable with save being from 0.9.7 instead of 0.9.9 then no harm done, otherwise maybe they help finding some bugs.
Okay, so when I initially uploaded my mod here last night, I accidentally left out the latest version of the JokerModOptions.rpy file that was just revised this update to include definitions of JLOISC2, JJENNIECN, JJENNIEMP1, and other such variables. I also accidentally added the files ns-shae.rpy and ns-shae.rpyc that weren't supposed to be there. I spotted and fixed those problems and reuploaded the fixed mod earlier today when someone else pointed out issues. So redownloading and reinstalling the mod, and removing ns-shae.rpy and ns-shae.rpyc from your game folder, should fix at least some of the problems you're having right now.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Okay, so when I initially uploaded my mod here last night, I accidentally left out the latest version of the JokerModOptions.rpy file that was just revised this update to include definitions of JLOISC2, JJENNIECN, JJENNIEMP1, and other such variables. I also accidentally added the files ns-shae.rpy and ns-shae.rpyc that weren't supposed to be there. I spotted and fixed those problems and reuploaded the fixed mod earlier today when someone else pointed out issues. So redownloading and reinstalling the mod, and removing ns-shae.rpy and ns-shae.rpyc from your game folder, should fix at least some of the problems you're having right now.
hey Emelex i installed the new patch and deleted the ns-shae files but now i cant trigger the Lactomax path for Lois. I can tell her to get bigger implants and the flag "Want Implants" gets set but nothing comes of it.
And with the new patch you no longer can give Melory a condo is that intended?

the Lois path now triggers only at monday the sixth, in earlier versions the first Dosis was given before Friday the 3th because there you can get the first Lactomax scene in the upstair Appartement at work.

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
hey Emelex i installed the new patch and deleted the ns-shae files but now i cant trigger the Lactomax path for Lois. I can tell her to get bigger implants and the flag "Want Implants" gets set but nothing comes of it.
And with the new patch you no longer can give Melory a condo is that intended?

the Lois path now triggers only at monday the sixth, in earlier versions the first Dosis was given before Friday the 3th because there you can get the first Lactomax scene in the upstair Appartement at work.
The LactoMax thing was definitely on me. togs had a bunch of dummy events appended to the LoisWantsImplants section to delay it. I initially removed those events to speed up the process back when the game didn't have much content after that, because at that point, it was the only way to see those events trigger at all. A few days ago, I figured that enough time had passed that I should just put the dummies back in as they are in the base game, though I guess I neglected to mention that in the changelog. Now that I know that it's such a missed feature, I've taken them out again. v0.9.13 just came out to the public, so I'll add that change to the next update.

But I wouldn't know why you're suddenly no longer able to give Mallory a condo. I'll look into it when I work on the v0.9.13 update.

EDIT:
Okay, I looked into it. I went ahead and overhauled all of the special_menus, including Mallory's, so that all players should have the option to give Mallory a condo available to them. The fix will be in the v0.9.13 update.

Last edited:

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
The LactoMax thing was definitely on me. togs had a bunch of dummy events appended to the LoisWantsImplants section to delay it. I initially removed those events to speed up the process back when the game didn't have much content after that, because at that point, it was the only way to see those events trigger at all. A few days ago, I figured that enough time had passed that I should just put the dummies back in as they are in the base game, though I guess I neglected to mention that in the changelog. Now that I know that it's such a missed feature, I've taken them out again. v0.9.13 just came out to the public, so I'll add that change to the next update.

But I wouldn't know why you're suddenly no longer able to give Mallory a condo. I'll look into it when I work on the v0.9.13 update.

EDIT:
Okay, I looked into it. I went ahead and overhauled all of the special_menus, including Mallory's, so that all players should have the option to give Mallory a condo available to them. The fix will be in the v0.9.13 update.
nice, appreciate your work (y)

2MoshPit

Sep 22, 2021
Hey Emelex,

thank you for the update to v0.9.14 Public - but: where do I find the game with the matching version? The OP is still on v0.9.13 Public - or did I missunderstood something?

best regards

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Hey Emelex,

thank you for the update to v0.9.14 Public - but: where do I find the game with the matching version? The OP is still on v0.9.13 Public - or did I missunderstood something?

best regards
When I updated the mod, I posted a link to the new build in the "Installation" section of the first post.

Reactions: 2MoshPit

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
Hey Emelex,

best regards
Patreon has the link.

Also Emelex is there something in the mod that prevents using the camera of phone functions?

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Patreon has the link.

Also Emelex is there something in the mod that prevents using the camera of phone functions?
There was a problem with the mod, which I believe was present in the base game as well, that prevented two of the phone buttons on the right from being usable, but I thought I corrected it a while ago. Is there some additional problem with them?

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes