Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.04 Public] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

pitao

May 18, 2023
but since a long-standing bug/error was corrected in v0.11.04, and togs hasn't released it to the public, and JokerLeader has not updated his mod for v0.11.04
So for what I understood you will make the mod for v0.11.04 (when is public) but with the JokerLeader mod v0.11.03 right because Jokerleader put a note on their post.
Note: Since I don't have much time anymore, I will only update the mod on new releases, not on bug fixes.

BCGuy

Oct 30, 2022
The Roommate v0.11.02 WT+ mod is my custom revision of JokerLeader's v0.11.02 Walkthrough mod for The Roommate v0.11.02 by togs-games. It adds additional scenes, choices, and dialog into the game, as well as giving the players suggestions and information about the choices they will make in the game.

Note: I removed ch20.rpy and ch20.rpyc from my mod in the v0.11.01 update. If you have old copies of them leftover from previous versions of my mod in your /game/ folder, please delete them.

Updated: 4/17/2024
Game/Creator: togs
Modder: Emelex
Mod Version: v0.11.02 WT+
Game Version: v0.11.02
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Disclaimer:
If you encounter a bug after playing the game with this mod installed, then odds are it's because of this mod and not because of the base game itself. So, if you are using this mod, post your bug reports here instead of the main game topic.

Download:

(Due to F95Zone's attachment size limit, I had to host the 30 MB archive on MediaFire.)

Screenshots:

View attachment 2317633 View attachment 2317636 View attachment 2317642
Do I interpret your instructions to say you replace the original "game" folder with the one in the mod?

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018
The Roommate v0.11.02 WT+ mod is my custom revision of JokerLeader's v0.11.02 Walkthrough mod for The Roommate v0.11.02 by togs-games. It adds additional scenes, choices, and dialog into the game, as well as giving the players suggestions and information about the choices they will make in the game.

Note: I removed ch20.rpy and ch20.rpyc from my mod in the v0.11.01 update. If you have old copies of them leftover from previous versions of my mod in your /game/ folder, please delete them.

Updated: 4/17/2024
Game/Creator: togs
Modder: Emelex
Mod Version: v0.11.02 WT+
Game Version: v0.11.02
Language: English

Features:

Installation:

Change-Log:

Disclaimer:
If you encounter a bug after playing the game with this mod installed, then odds are it's because of this mod and not because of the base game itself. So, if you are using this mod, post your bug reports here instead of the main game topic.

Download:

(Due to F95Zone's attachment size limit, I had to host the 30 MB archive on MediaFire.)

Screenshots:

View attachment 2317633 View attachment 2317636 View attachment 2317642
11.04 eta ???

Reactions: shamtiiomi

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Do I interpret your instructions to say you replace the original "game" folder with the one in the mod?
It's not so much "replace" as "insert". If there are matching files in the game folder, replace those with the new ones.
why do you need to wait for a public release when its already available on here wont be any difference will they
I feel it would be disrespectful to togs if I release a mod for his game before he has made it available to the public for free.
11.04 eta ???
Build 1104 was released to togs' patrons four days ago, and I think he usually waits a week before releasing them to the public, so I estimate it will take around three days before I can finalize and release the mod.

MayhemSixx

Jul 3, 2022
Yes, that's probably right; my update should be released shortly after togs makes v0.11.04 public.
why do you need to wait for a public release when its already available on here wont be any difference will they
Hey Emelex, I understand you only publish mod updates after Togs has made the corresponding version public. Can't say I understand why but hey, your mod, your rules, plus you share your work for free, so I'd be a dick if I complained.

But I think maybe you should add a disclaimer with that info in your main post, since there seems to be a few save compatibility issues between modded and unmodded games ; maybe that would help reduce the number of people that use your mod and download the new game version too soon?

Reactions: Emelex

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Hey Emelex, I understand you only publish mod updates after Togs has made the corresponding version public. Can't say I understand why but hey, your mod, your rules, plus you share your work for free, so I'd be a dick if I complained.

But I think maybe you should add a disclaimer with that info in your main post, since there seems to be a few save compatibility issues between modded and unmodded games ; maybe that would help reduce the number of people that use your mod and download the new game version too soon?
Sure, I can do that.

Reactions: MayhemSixx

BCGuy

Oct 30, 2022
It's not so much "replace" as "insert". If there are matching files in the game folder, replace those with the new ones.

I feel it would be disrespectful to togs if I release a mod for his game before he has made it available to the public for free.

Build 1104 was released to togs' patrons four days ago, and I think he usually waits a week before releasing them to the public, so I estimate it will take around three days before I can finalize and release the mod.
I tried merging the contents of the mod game folder with the original game folder (replacing duplicate files), and I got an error when I tried to launch the game. Worked fine for Joker's mod, but not yours for some reason.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I tried merging the contents of the mod game folder with the original game folder (replacing duplicate files), and I got an error when I tried to launch the game. Worked fine for Joker's mod, but not yours for some reason.
I'll need some specifics to troubleshoot your problem:
Which version of The Roommate are you using?
Which version of The Roommate WT+ Mod are you using?
Are any of the following files in your game folder: ch20.rpy, ch20.rpyc, ch99.rpy, or ch99.rpyc?
What is the text of the error message you are getting? The game should produce an error.txt file you can share here or send to me if that would make it easier.

BCGuy

Oct 30, 2022
I'll need some specifics to troubleshoot your problem:
Which version of The Roommate are you using?
Which version of The Roommate WT+ Mod are you using?
Are any of the following files in your game folder: ch20.rpy, ch20.rpyc, ch99.rpy, or ch99.rpyc?
What is the text of the error message you are getting? The game should produce an error.txt file you can share here or send to me if that would make it easier.
I am using The_Roommate 0.11.04-PC and patch The_Roommate v0.11.02 WT+Plus Mod.7z. I took the contents of the "game" folder in the Mod and copied them into the main "game" folder replacing duplicates. When I tried to start the game, I get the error "Parsing the script failed" followed by "the label ch99 is defined twice at File "ch99.rpyc", line 1: and File "game/ch999.rpy", line 1:

None of the files you mention are in the final merged game folder. Hope this is useful.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I am using The_Roommate 0.11.04-PC and patch The_Roommate v0.11.02 WT+Plus Mod.7z. I took the contents of the "game" folder in the Mod and copied them into the main "game" folder replacing duplicates. When I tried to start the game, I get the error "Parsing the script failed" followed by "the label ch99 is defined twice at File "ch99.rpyc", line 1: and File "game/ch999.rpy", line 1:

None of the files you mention are in the final merged game folder. Hope this is useful.
Here is likely the most obvious problem: You are trying to use my mod with a newer version of the game than it was designed for. You can't. v0.11.02 of my mod only works with v0.11.02 of the game, not v0.11.04. If you want to play v0.11.04 of the game with my mod, you'll have to wait for my mod to be updated to support it first. And that won't happen until after togs makes the game public on his Patreon page.

My advice to you is to wait until the update to my mod comes out, then try playing the game with it. If you are still having errors after that, I will help you try to fix them.

The only way to play my mod before that is to find an old v0.11.02 copy of the game and use my mod with that, which I would not recommend because the most recent updates fixed several bugs that had been plaguing the game for quite some time now.

EDIT: v0.11.04 is now public on togs's Patreon, so I went ahead and finalized the mod. It has now been updated to v0.11.04.

Last edited:

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
I had a bit of a problem. I reacted on the new thing with kinks that was put in in the v0.11.03 and did put in the code Fetishes. I have put it on 3, but right after that the game put out error after error, not possible to go through. I did then load a couple of minutes older save where there were no changes and got through the new update withouth a problem. I suppose there is some problem between the mod and the new option? Though you already do put in the more extreme options through the mod, so it probably doesnt matter.
Other than that, when i agreed to send Lois with John, the game later sayd i did not do it and asked me if i want to. Again its not a problem, as i am able to correct it by the option, but just wanted to say it does that.

PS: i did used the new v0.11.04 mod version, if it wasnt obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerrGrimes

BCGuy

Oct 30, 2022
Here is likely the most obvious problem: You are trying to use my mod with a newer version of the game than it was designed for. You can't. v0.11.02 of my mod only works with v0.11.02 of the game, not v0.11.04. If you want to play v0.11.04 of the game with my mod, you'll have to wait for my mod to be updated to support it first. And that won't happen until after togs makes the game public on his Patreon page.

My advice to you is to wait until the update to my mod comes out, then try playing the game with it. If you are still having errors after that, I will help you try to fix them.

The only way to play my mod before that is to find an old v0.11.02 copy of the game and use my mod with that, which I would not recommend because the most recent updates fixed several bugs that had been plaguing the game for quite some time now.

EDIT: v0.11.04 is now public on togs's Patreon, so I went ahead and finalized the mod. It has now been updated to v0.11.04.
Okay. Thanks

Reactions: Emelex

HerrGrimes

Sep 27, 2017
I had a bit of a problem. I reacted on the new thing with kinks that was put in in the v0.11.03 and did put in the code Fetishes. I have put it on 3, but right after that the game put out error after error, not possible to go through. I did then load a couple of minutes older save where there were no changes and got through the new update withouth a problem. I suppose there is some problem between the mod and the new option? Though you already do put in the more extreme options through the mod, so it probably doesnt matter.
Other than that, when i agreed to send Lois with John, the game later sayd i did not do it and asked me if i want to. Again its not a problem, as i am able to correct it by the option, but just wanted to say it does that.

Game was also registering

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018

Game was also registering
If either or both of you could please send me your save files, I can test them in my copy of the game and try to figure out and solve this unexpected behavior when I have time.

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
If either or both of you could please send me your save files, I can test them in my copy of the game and try to figure out and solve this unexpected behavior when I have time.
Ok so the one 11-3-LT1 is the one i had saved just before the end of the v0.11.02 and used it when i started v0.11.04. I then got to the esc menu a typed in the Enter Code: Fetishes, and put it on 3, after that the game got haywired.
So i restarted the game and used the other save 10-4-LT1 (i didnt tryed the code though i just played withouth it) and got normally through until the moment when the game said i didnt send Lois with John (even though i did send her with him) and if i want to change it to yes.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Ok so the one 11-3-LT1 is the one i had saved just before the end of the v0.11.02 and used it when i started v0.11.04. I then got to the esc menu a typed in the Enter Code: Fetishes, and put it on 3, after that the game got haywired.
So i restarted the game and used the other save 10-4-LT1 (i didnt tryed the code though i just played withouth it) and got normally through until the moment when the game said i didnt send Lois with John (even though i did send her with him) and if i want to change it to yes.
I identified what was causing the problems Tsusaku and HerrGrimes reported and corrected them, and updated the mod accordingly. I'm still not entirely sure why that menu screen with Rei looked so wrong in one of those saves. But if I had to guess, I'd say activating the Cheat Code at an inopportune moment caused a scene expression to be skipped, which in turn caused the wrong background image to be displayed in the menu. I added redundant scene expressions to that section to make sure that the save in question will now run without the overlay mismatch.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes