Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
In the meantime...

There are several options for how you'll spend Monday evening, depending on which direction you've taken with Lois.

This particular shot is from the submissive path...

View attachment 2680495
Woah. What on earth is going on there?

I will say that you're conflating the LactoMax program with the Sisterhood. While both have links to The Foundation, they are completely separate.
Uh, where am I conflating that?

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for all your efforts in trying to help. I edited Joker's file like you said. I also used 1 before 3 in Unren. But still getting errors. It's okay. I'm just not going to play this game for a while. I'll wait however many months for more releases, to let content build up. And then I'll play it again (probably with the mod because I'm a masochist in that regard) and I'll try to pick the same choices as before and just hold down CTRL to get through it really fast. It's a good game, and I'm not mad that the saves have broken five times so far. I'm just disappointed. But I'm still grateful for the game and the mod and the work that was put into them.

This is the problems I was having after trying your newest solution.

View attachment 2680860

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1313, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1313, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 771, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2200, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2014, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1932, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.8.7
Wed Jun  7 03:49:41 2023
I give up. It's not that big of a deal. I've restarted five other times, I can restart again in the future. Thanks for your help Mikey. I'll probably private message you later and ask for your Discord username and hashtag, if that's okay. I would like to have an online friend like you.
I noticed in the traceback it shows 'jump ch#61'. When I used the command I just enter 'jump ch61' - no # as the ch61 is the name of the relevent rpy file, i.e 'ch61.rpy'

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I'm not going to mass-quote your reactions, but I always enjoy reading them!

A few quick points...

The back-fitting of the simulation was made necessary by some other changes. It was originally planned for the previous release, but wasn't ready in time. I thought I would move it to week 10 but that wasn't going to work either. However, I did warn that people with a serious interest in Lois should re-play the Friday.

There was never an appointment made for MC to see Sylvie, it was just a good excuse to have her come by and see him. As to her passing out, I'd just been reading about the hours young doctors put in and she certainly seemed to be doing so while we were in her care. So I felt it was reasonable that it would catch up with her.

Now we've met all four of the girls, I'm surprised nobody noticed the relationship between the alphabetical order of the girls' name and the size of their breasts! Just wait until I introduce Kora...

You've slightly pre-empted an upcoming discussion. The four girls aren't full sisters! But all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

We first met Anisha the day MC and Lois picked up Kara - she was training at the coffee shop.

Chloé was the receptionist at the London office.

And I don't doubt that we'd have heard Vanessa's last name at some point, but not so you'd instantly go "Aha! That's Marcus's last name too!" I bet very few people could tell us his last name right now without looking it up! It's Blythe. A play on words, of sorts, because he lies so blithe-ly.

I screwed up with the "Four Non-Blondes" gag. It was the name of a band that had a huge hit with a song called "What's Up", but I had a brain-fart and used "Kiss Me" which was by Sixpence None The Richer. I'll fix that before the next release!

I will say that you're conflating the LactoMax program with the Sisterhood. While both have links to The Foundation, they are completely separate.

Time's getting on! I should get back to work. It's really gratifying that at least some people are enjoying it!
I'm glad you said something; that confusing Kiss Me gag was driving me nuts!
Also, for those of you who are interested, I updated my mod again with all the updates JokerLeader just made to his mod yesterday, including gregers's suggestion to fix ch57.

Reactions: togs-games

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I screwed up with the "Four Non-Blondes" gag. It was the name of a band that had a huge hit with a song called "What's Up", but I had a brain-fart and used "Kiss Me" which was by Sixpence None The Richer. I'll fix that before the next release!
AHA! I sat staring at that line for far too long willing the reference to make sense. And then I woke in the morning and I stepped outside and I took a deep breath and I got real high. But enough about my day.

That's what Gina is THINKING - she doesn't say it out loud.
My bad, completely missed the italics there.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
The animation for Kari's little stunt to tempt MC in the bedroom was great and not something I recall seeing in a VN before, but it's always great to see in real life.
I belatedly realized the degree to which her hair moving when she raises her eyebrows is kind of ridiculous. That would be a quick fix, so going to add that to my to do list when I don't have other renders going.

Reactions: mofonistik

KING VR

Nov 28, 2019
Unofficial Android Port :

The Roommate [v0.8.4 Public] [togs] + JokerLeader's Mod

Download Apk: , Workupload, Pixeldrain

Android Ports Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves Location : Brandy0011/brandy.the.roommate/game/saves

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Update please

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Maybe I misunderstood - it sounded like you thought the girls in the basement were also LactoMax-ed, which is not the case.
Not all of them, but we just learned that Joanna went into the LactoMax program before she joined the cult, didn't we? Like three lines before Iris tells us that she is Gamma?

tarsgrim

Dec 19, 2022
The codes are for debugging and testing and would break the game if used for actual play.
First hi togs-games

I don't know if the event queues that you have in the code are refined, so I'll make it easy. Lois and Kiki's events do not progress in my game. I start Kiki's call on the 58th and Lois's event starts on the 59th, breast augmentation but neither follow up.

I have found a small error in the ns-shae file
if ashley.status == "Legal Assistant":
I think the correct variable is .position , which refers to the job position they occupy.

By the way, I like the game. good job.
thanks for your time.
version 0.8.7

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
And the fact that she starts with "Oh!" makes it look very much like she is only just noticing that the car isn't there. After she's already inside the house. Do you get it now?
Exactly! That's how I interpreted it too.

As to Kara saying MC's car's not there either...

MC always parks on the other side of the building from where Kira (the white convertible) and then Kari (in the Range Rover) are parked.
Dear togs-games : The last thing I want is to drag you into this. I just wanted to know if I'm the only one interpreting it that way. It's ridiculous to argue about (see the oh-so-intelligent xxx). But thank you for clearifying that and thank you once more for your great game!
I love it!

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
yeh i thought it were robo
I'm not going to mass-quote your reactions, but I always enjoy reading them!
Me neither so here...

Now we've met all four of the girls, I'm surprised nobody noticed the relationship between the alphabetical order of the girls' name and the size of their breasts! Just wait until I introduce Kora...
Oh man another girl with K, how about Kaylee, I love that name, since I watched Firefly. Can't remember if you already used that name for one of the other girls (mostly 4 letter girl names).

scooman

Oct 8, 2022

Fuha.. I was really looking forward to this update. But it looks like it's getting kind of strange now :unsure: Hope I can skip this scene. Completely not my taste.

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023

Fuha.. I was really looking forward to this update. But it looks like it's getting kind of strange now :unsure: Hope I can skip this scene. Completely not my taste.
Yeh I should next time read the scenes with her, I totally skipped her, but I wish to just close the door, on any sex scenes with her. But it's probably important for the story.

But then the only thing I'm interested in is the love story between him and Kari+Lois.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

You can easily skip the scene. She has a machine that can do the work and is happy to tell you that she can take care of it herself. It is a condition she has dealt with for years and only involves you if you are interested in it for your pleasure.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
FWIW that's not a scene from this update; the milking storyline was introduced a long time ago.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Just discovered this game. Playing on Android and I have this issue.....
Screenshot_20230609-235515.jpg
The text gets covered by whoever's talking. Any solutions?
Tks

Strykker

Dec 30, 2021
togs-games I really want to ask about whether we will be able to reject any K sisters in the future? So far you done a wonderful job for the player to has opportunities to pursue any girl we want but from the last update it seemed we don't have any say in the matter with the 2 new K sisters.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes