LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
She wants to be more independant and not always relying on the MC?

What's so weird about that?
It is wrong when you play the faithful girlfriend route, voice your problem with her working in a whorehouse /titsbar and getting not only a mouthful from her, but also are forced to help finance this shit further.
But she's a shit stain of an LI from the second half onward anyway, so nothing lost there.
And by far the smallest problem this game has, so really not a priority.

Edit: personal opinion and completely out of proportion :cool:

Reactions: Majindevil

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
She wants to be more independant and not always relying on the MC?

What's so weird about that?
The big city allowance is a stipend from her job. She was supposed to be receiving it for the work she was doing, but didn't get it due to a technicality, which the MC corrected.

How is her now getting fairly compensated by the corporation she is employed by for the work that she does "relying on the MC?"

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
The big city allowance is a stipend from her job. She was supposed to be receiving it for the work she was doing, but didn't get it due to a technicality, which the MC corrected.

How is her now getting fairly compensated by the corporation she is employed by for the work that she does "relying on the MC?"
If you need me to explain that to you then you have a lot to learn about life...and women and maybe could do with brushing up on your reading comprehension skills.

LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022

Rant incoming, don't read:
It is by justifying forcing the main LI into a slut job (in which route it is quite fitting).
It is also perfect for the cuck route, where you can enjoy her being fucked by others.
It should however be completely optional in the girlfriend route, which would require the dev to actually care about this part of his game, which I doubt at this point.
Story wise I makes zero sense in the first place, so simply cut it from the route would be just a button.
Even just by giving the option to let this cesspool go to ruin instead of forcing us to either finance it or ruining our name by vowing for it.
Even knowing that Madison plans to make it even more whorish, she tells us that right before we "decide".
There is no real other reason, especially since we already worked on getting her an actual position in the company.
It is true however that she is still just a low-payed intern, because Togs didn't bother to develop actual story and focussed on whoring out the LIs, sometimes forced without decision, on all routes.
Oh and of course forced lesbian threesomes and lesbian cheating, again without a back out.
But all that is remedied by the new choice at the start to avoid sharing.
Except it isn't.
Rant out.

Short answer:
The way a woman gets her independence is clearly by whoring herself out.
Why use her actual intelligence and qualifications?

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
If you need me to explain that to you then you have a lot to learn about life...and women and maybe could do with brushing up on your reading comprehension skills.
Uh-huh.

Let's review.

I commented that it was strange that this woman, who had gotten a job - on her own - with a large corporation, and was now making the money that she was supposed to be making as compensation for the the work she's doing, took a job at basically Hooters.

Your response was "sure she's making the money she needs to get by, but she doesn't want to be dependent on the MC."

And your logic in regards to how fair compensation for services rendered - AKA "how 90% of adults get by" - equates to "dependency on the MC" is..."trust me bro. You just don't understand how the world works."

mmmk. You sure told me.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
It's weird that would be dropped so suddenly like that, after they'd just finish the part where the MC'd set her up with the large city allowance.
It would be weird in a game with a more coherent and focused story. The design philosophy here is 'also this thing'.

Reactions: Aioto

LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
I'm wondering who is the owner of said company....:unsure::unsure:
I didn't say she should use her skills in our company, in fact at this point it would be fitting to give her the opportunity to get her own project, early game Kari was on the smarter side.
We loan the shitty bar money, why not give it to her to make something useful out of it.
It is not like it is really our earned money in the first place.
Or: introduce her to the foundation her sister already manages. That is clearly right up her alley and it is mostly independent from the MC.
Now that I think about it: we have a lot of girls in our roster that have roots in the foundation. Why not use their experience and passion to make it an actual social project instead of a rapy breeding pool?

Lastly: the idea that a worker in a company is not independent in their job because their loved one is a higher up (or share-holder) is really far from reality.
But that fits right in to the game, so point for you.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
It would be weird in a game with a more coherent and focused story. The design philosophy here is 'also this thing'.
...fair.

I guess it is a bit disjointed. Honestly, I've been playing it and just skipping through 80% of the dialogue, and going reading a minute or two before the sex scenes for content. But there's been some good stuff (its' nuts to me how few games LI's that are proper subs compared to how many put the MC in that role). But there were a few things I started getting confused about and thought "eh, maybe it's time I actually read the story."

Now I'm beginning to think "maybe it's not lack of reading that's causing the confusion."

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Uh-huh.

Let's review.

I commented that it was strange that this woman, who had gotten a job - on her own - with a large corporation, and was now making the money that she was supposed to be making as compensation for the the work she's doing, took a job at basically Hooters.

Your response was "sure she's making the money she needs to get by, but she doesn't want to be dependent on the MC."

And your logic in regards to how fair compensation for services rendered - AKA "how 90% of adults get by" - equates to "dependency on the MC" is..."trust me bro. You just don't understand how the world works."

mmmk. You sure told me.
I'm not disagreeing at all that the logic is sometimes a little odd, however I do think that for the most part the different situations and scenarios pay off in fun most of the time, so I'm very willing to forget about it.

However beyond that, Kari is a low level employee in an office. And if you discount that she's in a relationship with the CEO, that's not a job that pays all that well, especially as a young person starting out. So its not shocking that someone in her position would also take a second job as a waitress to make ends meet. In fact, its really common these days IRL, unfortunately. I know people with college degrees working a second job part time like that.

Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Kari is a low level employee in an office
Not even that. She is an intern...she gets fuck all in reality...which is part of the damn storyline (later in the VN) that priv above completely forgot about.

He's whining and arguing about something explained in the damn story. :rolleyes:

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes