togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
So i'm at the 1st time we see Kari stats and it is something very strange. If i go the gentleman way and say no to sex after dinner slut=20 while if you say yes slut=10. The opposite would have been better unless we count seeing these waitress in their skimpy clothes at the pizza shop gave her 10 slut pts.
I just check this. As mentioned before, the slut thing may be a bit misleading. If you say you want to have sex with her, it does indeed go up by 10 because you're treating her like a slut.

But I'm not seeing the +20, so there's something else going on there.

Just checking, there's slutty and there's lust - sure you're not misreading something?

How interesting that slut and lust are anagrams of each other.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay, the codes are mainly for testing and/or fun, and I should also say that I have a bit of an issue with the screen code, which isn't working consistently. So you have to type the code and press enter, but it closes the menu screen, which wasn't my intent.

Be warned - some codes WILL break the balance of the game eventually so make sure you save before experimenting.

Debug - Turns on the debug function and you'll see those stats more often than any sane person would want, and it's not a toggle, so you can't switch it off which I guess I should change...

Dirty Whore - Raises Kari's sluttiness by 100. This was really just to test the after dinner scene

I'm A Doctor - Raises Kari's trust by 100 (it's a reference to "Only Fools And Horses", if you know what that is) Primarily to test triggering of back story.

No Blue Balls - Turns off the vignetting of the display when your lust is high. It does NOT alleviate other consequences.

Satisfaction - Reduces Lust to 0. (A Rolling Stones reference - "I can't get no satisfaction")

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
So, now I have questions and thoughts...

In the small number of other games I played before I started this, one of the things I hated was the girls always being in the same clothes. Is it a big deal to anyone else or is it just me? Obviously the outfit changes add to the work, rendering and the size of the game.

The personality profile thing, early days but worthwhile?

Nobody's mentioned any of the other girls? Like them, hate them?

The Kari/Randy thing may not be what it seems.

Ditto the friendship between Kari and Aria.

From the very beginning (with the Carrie/Kari confusion) I wanted to give the idea that things aren't always what they seem.

I have it in mind that somewhere down the line it would be possible to break up with Kari, and get a new roommate, or that she could move out and you could still date her. As I've said, lots of future possibilities.

One last thing - people mentioned "Bad" endings. Some of those have been changed, but not really fully explored yet.

There are a couple I refuse to take out, like the one where if you put your age as over 90, you drop dead when you see her in her underwear.

It's MY game... ;)

Last edited:

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of The Roommate [v0.3]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The Roommate [v0.3]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

*********************************************************************************

Here is the Italian translation
of The Roommate [v0.1 Preview]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The Roommate [v0.1 Preview]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Italian translation

Updated
: 2021-07-12
Version: 0.3

raj100

Feb 25, 2019

From the very beginning (with the Carrie/Kari confusion) I wanted to give the idea that things aren't always what they seem.

I have it in mind that somewhere down the line it would be possible to break up with Kari, and get a new roommate, or that she could move out and you could still date her. As I've said, lots of future possibilities.

One last thing - people mentioned "Bad" endings. Some of those have been changed, but not really fully explored yet.

There are a couple I refuse to take out, like the one where if you put your age as over 90, you drop dead when you see her in her underwear.

It's MY game... ;)
I don't really know what the personality thing changes.
The other girls, I like the secretary and Maria at work. I liken your game to High Rise Climb in that it's sort of a corporates office setting. And of course the best part of that was being a sleazy 80's cocaine fueled business man... like the movie/book American Psycho. Anywoo I am hoping there is the option to basically sexually harass them like in the old days. You can't get away with that at work anymore these days.
Like the secretary is your office whore and likes it... and the Maria chick I make a sugar baby. Then of course knock them up, then dump/fire them.
Maybe you could also actually date them and get some threesome action with Kari... or 4 some/harem. Can never go wrong with an office Harem.
Then I have no idea what all the variables in the game do like slutty, confidence, etc. But I assume we can get at least a Kari romance, and then like I am guessing the Dominance will be like we can remind her where all her money comes from, and you've spent all this money and now it's time to get something back.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020

It's MY game... ;)

Personality thing is real fun tried some combos just to see the result But does it really change anything because you can choose want a long term relationship and still fuck everything that moves.

The girls are good and with different looks and personality

The Randy/Kari thing was an obvious bait, can't really have the main Li cheating on the MC early on now can we;)
(was joking with my post but someone took it personality gonna tag it as jest or just kidding)

the friendship between Kari and Aria is nice with the whole easy girl teaching the shy/naive girl how to attract mc attention. I just hope the strip club or kari working the slutty pizza shop waitress vibe i'm getting with the Kari/Aria/Randy thing is just pessimism from having been burned before.

option to break up with Kari or have her move out is good for players who aren't interested in her

idea that things aren't always what they seem is ok but avoid crazy cliffhangers unless you want the thread to become a battlefield like chasing sunsets

Keep the funny bad endings

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
To pick up on a few points made here.

I'm not familiar with High Rise Climb, but I think there's at least potential for the MC to become more of an irresponsible playboy type, although at this point he's headed in a more benign direction.

Part of the delay in getting this version finished was actually due to trying to stretch what originally took one week to two weeks, so it didn't feel quite so rushed, which was a concern brought up here in he past.

Ideally, I would have liked to have made it a month before he tells her she can stay, but that's an awful lot of drives to and from the office, and dinners to render. As it is, I had to economize a little just to get it done.

The third week is where the story really starts to open up new possibilities. There's more that I wanted to include that will now have to wait for week 4.

So I'm not going to fight everyone over the whole walk-through thing. I personally think there should be a degree of uncertainty - I was talking to one of you over on Patreon about that whole thing where you're with a girl and you're wondering whether it's the right moment to kiss her. Meanwhile, maybe she's wondering why you haven't already made a move. Or you do, and she's like "what the f*ck?" Women are strange and wonderful creatures.

In terms of the personality profile, it was a relatively late addition to the concept and it's not yet fully realized. I don't want to spoil things so I'm careful about what I say, but there is a point in the second week where you're in a position to back out of a situation. However, if your personality profile is very sexually aggressive, that option is taken away (you literally never get that menu).

It's fair to say that the other aspect of the personality profile could impact a future confrontation with Randy.

There is also a potential "Sugar Daddy" relationship. That's one thing that's way outside of my experience, so I'm struggling with how to write that. I know there are websites, but how does a character we've already met broach that subject with the MC? Maybe I will have to do a search for sugar daddy stories on literotica or something. Open to ideas...

Jul 20, 2020
I've sat down and got through the current content (note: I used the walkthrough, but ended up going with the +trust options in every case with Kari, a few +lust toward the secretary and barista):

So to address your questions:

The outfit changes are nice, but I don't feel really necessary, when the poses are the same for the same scenes (the hallway scene where she's standing in a neutral pose with hands down before going to bed/shower etc). But Quality over quantity! :)

I like Kari for the most part, she's definitely a slow burn (until the end of the current content at least), a bit cliché on the naïve portion, but overall a sweet heart. There's definitely something going on behind the scenes with her backstory though. I know the Kari/Randy thing may not be what it is, as well as the aria friendship, but it just seems like some bad juju is gonna happen down the road that could really turn the player away from Kari. I just got a weird feeling from her comments, personality and of course the whole randy/aria thing gives weird vibes about her.

I really like Lois, nothing really negative to say about her as there's not *as* much to flesh her out (yet). She's playful with some nice quips, the dad-jokes were pretty great as well.

The other office chick, Marina (I think), eh, I tried to avoid her in the closet and it did the same thing no matter what I chose, not sure why. I tried to steady the ladder, but it defaulted to looking up her skirt. I then tried to step back and ended up fucking her regardless. Maybe a bug?

Regarding bad endings, the over 90 age thing is pretty funny and a nice little easter egg, but bad endings in terms of a breakup/sad ending after going through a long game can really negatively affect the players choice to revisit the game or check out any future projects. it's your project, and I fully support a writer/artist to do what they feel is right for their project, As long as the choices are clear enough to what type of event(s) could happen I don't mind them as it's up to the player at that point.

Overall, I enjoyed what I played and am looking forward to what comes next. Only thing I guess I'd suggest in the beginning (unless I missed something) is an explanation of what each stat does, how it affects the player/characters/story etc.

Reactions: XJezzX

T-N

Aug 22, 2018
so, it goes 1 direction out of your control, no thanks. they need a "this is not a game" section.

• Angry
Reactions: KenneX

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
This is useful. I don't have anything too sinister in mind when it comes to Kari, but I do want to keep her malleable to some extent. Someone mentioned mentoring her, I think that's a real possibility, as would a more forceful approach.

I'm going to check the settings for Marina - the intent was that if you were very aggressive in your profile AND very horny, that would remove the option of backing out. The looking up her skirt anyway is a sign that the MC was lustful, I may need to tweak the threshold values there, or maybe add a little bit of randomness.

The bad endings were a bit of a cop out, but at that point there was only one week in the game, if you didn't want her around, what was the point? Now I'm more inclined to follow those as options - maybe MC likes her but thinks things are moving too fast, who knows?

As I've said, I would prefer the stats stay invisible to the player, but for those of you who are so inclined, here's my basic thinking.

Confidence is the character's self-belief, determination, independence of thought. Kari is more likely to make a joke, for example, as her confidence rises.

Trust is the character's feeling toward MC. Sometimes works with Confidence, sometimes against.

Intimacy is the depth of relationship between character and MC, not necessarily sexual, so friendship too.

Dominance is really in opposition to Confidence, how likely is the character to follow MCs wishes.

Jealousy works against trust, to some extent, and influences character to character interactions. So you'll see, for example, an incident where both Marina and Kari are jealous of the other.

Slutty is different. For Kari, especially, it's supposed to reflect what she thinks other people think of her. Because she's such an innocent she tries to meet people's expectations of her. Perhaps it's similar for Lois also, but to a lesser degree. For other characters, it's pretty much what it says.

Those first six, often in combination, are the main things that determine character choices, etc.

Backstory is just keeping track of how much you've learned about the character. All of them will have some degree of backstory as the game develops. Some of them may not be particularly involved, others will go deeper.

I have some concerns about some of the backstory stuff. For one character in particular it's very dark. If one or two people are interested in discussing that privately (and don't mind the spoiler) it might be useful.

Misc should probably be called flags. It's for me to set markers to trigger something later. Or as we saw before, remember whether she went to bed in PJ's or the babydoll.

There's also notes which is for when I need something more than the numerical values of the misc variable. It really should be flags...

Experience is literally a binary representation of "bases": 1 is a kiss, 2 is groping, 4 is a BJ, and so on.

Demeanour is not used much yet, but it's a intended as a mood marker to show if character is pissed off, happy, etc. Case in point, if you tell Kari you want her to move out at the end of the month, she has time to try to persuade you to change your mind. But, with demeanour implemented, maybe she doesn't make your coffee the next few mornings.

Then there are the player variables, Lust being the most significant, I guess.

Okay, I feel I've given away enough of my secrets for the moment!

Last edited:
Reactions: driverman

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Great game!
Love Lois! Really enjoying her dynamic with the MC. Other than her and Kari, we havent interacted much with the other girls, but i ma enjoying their different personalities.

This got me paranoid and now i am over analyzing everything. Now I see Kari as spy from Pete with the weird circumstances of how you two end up living together. At the same time she appears to be super innocent yet how she outed the MC as the one who gave her the subside the HR was refusing to pay her was clever and the respectable sized dildo doesn't fit with her image either. So, is all an act? Some of your comments make it seem like she is genuinely innocent. I don't know what to make about that night out with Randy... She knows what he is about and then she straight up lies (or at least omits a lot) about being out with Aria.

Wild theory time: Ashley is Mallory's daughter that was given for adoption and her sugar daddy was your great uncle.

Some things to point out.
-As some have said Kari's postures can seem a little stiff (though i love the change of outfits), there is also quite a contrast as how others like Lois seem to have more movement.
-Ashley's note vanishes too quickly to read the first time it appears
After you are appointed as ceo, when having dinner with Kari, after the "wow, she's jealous!" line, she suddenly changes outfits.
Lois: I heard HR want(s) to shut it down.
Lois: Please... Simon. Don't tease me. -- Not my MC name, or not sure if it's a joke i missed

Reactions: mofonistik

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
The earlier graphics were based on this kind of paper doll idea, that I thought was how a ren'py game would work, with outfits, expressions and heads layered. But it wasn't satisfactory, so I've replaced some, and the rest will be updated in time.

Kari's supposed to be very naive, but by no means stupid. She has discussed the Large City Allowance with the MC which is why she guesses he must have paid it.

"Kevin" and "Simon" were used as the player names for some screen grabs before I settled on "Steve" as the default. It was a private joke with a friend of mine as I was developing the first builds. So I think that was just muscle memory (or senility).

As to want/wants I always found that tricky. In this instance, you could replace HR with "They" and that agrees with want.

But I've heard the opposite argued, that in this case HR is a singular entity and should go with wants.

Some of your other questions will be answered in the next full release (0.4). There will be a 0.3.1 uploaded tonight to fix these and a couple of other bugs mentioned earlier.

I've also replaced a couple of graphics (like one where Kari's navel is shown pierced too soon).

One last point - if anyone is doing stuff like the translation again, check with me and I will let you know if a new build is imminent. I felt bad when I saw someone had done an Italian translation, and I was already working on some fixes.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
What puzzles me is the way our new CEO is counting his pocket money as a student, every penny counts !!!!
My god a CEO of such a big company doesn't even know how much he gets, that's not a concern, he just knows that he gets enough to cover all his needs, so the DEV should get rid of that stupid money system in that game.
And more the MC holds the major parts of the company, so his wealth is certainly many tens of millions if not more!
Why should he be worried about paying for a good meal in a restaurant or buying a phone ?
That's ridiculous, the MC behaves like a broke mid class young worker who doesn't even have his own appartment and who can hardly pay his bills.:ROFLMAO:

Ok it's just a simple funny game, but at least make it believable.

And another thing that bugs me, it's how suddently the game takes the control and force you to get blown by the barista or to fuck the girl in the storage room.
Each time i was baffled by those sudden events i had absolutely no chance to accept or refuse. WTF, the game is full of so said choices that change your stats but when i would be important for your logic behavior to make a choice, no, you can fuck yourself!
Are all those stats just some ghost feature that will mostly never be used as in many other games.

But anyway i like that game, it's very simple and funny and i like the girls and the MC can be a nice guy!;)

• Angry
Reactions: Sh4dyW0lf
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes