caju

Oct 5, 2017
So I am able to load your save, but it takes me to the morning of Day 8, whereas you had described a problem on Day 25?

Ignore the above - but can you tell me which build you are using?
v0.4.7 Public Win With walkthrough mod

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
v0.4.7 Public Win With walkthrough mod
That explains why your save file is so enormous.

All I can tell you is that a fresh install of the original game works fine, so it would appear that the walkthrough mod is the cause of your problems, and I don't have the time or the inclination to try to sort that out.

Look guys, I've said this over and over. PLAY the game, don't game the game.

While I've heard people say "I'm too busy to keep trying different options" or whatever, I've yet to hear of a specific example of when some important choice wasn't clear enough.

There's no "right" or "wrong" way to play, and there are very few paths that are going to be permanently excluded if you just go with what you feel is right for the way you feel is right for the character you want MC to be. You can be the nice guy or a son-of-a-bitch, at least in terms of his attitude to women. It may be that the most extreme choices will shade things a little down the line, but we're not there yet.

The option to decline "Kinky" content would bypass some of the Mallory content, but that's about what people may or may not consider to be too much for their personal taste.

So I've said all I'm going to say on this, if you choose to ignore my advice, it's on you.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
That explains why your save file is so enormous.
I hear you. It wasnt my intent to stir up a controversy.
I deleted my save on the previous page.
So many developers make choices in games... not obvious, so I generally use walkthrough mods so I dont accidently stumble into a NTR situation or sudden death endgame.
If you say the mod caused the issue, I believe you 100%

Just curious since I have played twice from the beginning, Is there much content beyond the interview or can I wait until a new update before I try again?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I hear you. It wasnt my intent to stir up a controversy ... since I have played twice from the beginning, Is there much content beyond the interview or can I wait until a new update before I try again?
No, sorry if I sound like I'm coming on strong. The walkthrough mod and/or reliance on stats just seems to take the fun out of it as far as I'm concerned, and I think there should be a degree of uncertainty.

I've mentioned this before, but it's kind of like when you're young and you're out with a girl for the first time and you're not sure whether to put the moves on her. In the meantime, she may be wondering why you haven't yet or just hoping that you don't! On the other hand, sometimes things just kind of happen without a conscious decision on either side.

You're on Day 25. Obviously there's the rest of the interviews and the selection process for the reception staff.

Day 26 is the meeting with Randy and the fallout from that.

Then, over the weekend things kind of come to a head with Kari.

Finally, on the following Monday morning (really a preview of the next version, because each version has added a week of game time) you officially start as the CEO, greet the new staff and open the mysterious letter from your uncle, which adds further twists to the tale.

So, it's up to you. I would say maybe wait and start over with the next build because it will also add some tweaks to the existing game, but there's a fair amount you haven't seen in the current version.

I was intending to release another build of this version to tidy up some bugs, but nobody has provided relevant saves, so that may or may not happen.

Version 0.5 is probably going to land in mid-November, I think, so I will let you make your own decision - no mods to help you here, I'm afraid!

Final analysis: it's a work in progress, things are added with each version and there have been numerous instances of me going back and adding content earlier in the timeline, and upgrading some of the earlier graphics. I've tried to avoid anything game-changing, it's mostly been a matter of backfilling to flesh out the storyline, and I'm hoping to lock that down soon. If you have the time, I'd always say start over with each new version, but I'm trying to make it so you're not forced to.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
For something completely different, a couple of people have suggested I should make one of the link graphics people often have in their signature lines. I assume they're animated gifs. If anyone has suggestions for particular images that might be suitable, I'd be happy to hear them (bearing in mind they are limited in size). I'm going to hit the hay, will check back in the morning.

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
I love that the characters have so many different outfits. It would be nice to have the character image reflect what they're wearing, though. Will there be a way to suggest outfits to wear and/or purchase other ones for the characters?

Maybe keeping the second couch makes sense as more people come over. Aria is bound to come over, I'm sure, and maybe even Lois at some point.

An option for Lactomax could be where the MC decides to restart research to remove the addictiveness and ill-effects of taking it. This could lead to offering it to other girls where it takes a couple of weeks for it to work and then another couple for it to wear off. (I can see Lois putting it into the hired girls' drinks, as a prank, to see how long it takes for them to notice, or even Kari taking it after Aria gives it to her for some other reason (after the ill-effects have been removed, though, of course!))

The conversations are amazing. This is the most engaging story that I've seen in a long time. I appreciate the quality in everything that you do here. I'm actually interested in the characters and wanting to know more about them.

With Mallory, maybe have a farm be an option for her to move to. It could be a place for other activities to occur like horseback riding and such for other girls that are invited over - a retreat type place for the employees close to the MC?

Reactions: togs-games

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I love that the characters have so many different outfits. It would be nice to have the character image reflect what they're wearing, though. Will there be a way to suggest outfits to wear and/or purchase other ones for the characters?
It's funny, I only played a couple of other games before I started on "The Roommate", and my two major issues were clothes that looked like they were painted on (especially to the breasts) and the lack of variety in the outfits.

On the other hand, that was also part of the reason for the stiffness of the poses in the early part of the game - I imagined layering clothes onto fixed poses and it took me a while to realize that wasn't going to cut it.

There's a little "contest" on to design a new flight attendant uniform for Tilly - so it would cost you a dollar to participate in that.

But there's also a long-standing offer to VIP ($10/month) members to suggest an outfit, whether it be for Kari or one of the other characters. Obviously it has to be justified in some plausible way - we can't have Lois come to work dressed as Supergirl without good reason, and Hallowe'en is a long way off in game time!* I don't mind if it's simply something you've seen on Daz or Renderosity, or if people send pictures or descriptions. I'm kind of surprised that nobody has taken me up on it so far.

As to Lactomax, there's SO much more to come in that storyline!

I'm glad you're enjoying the chitchat! Lois, especially, is fun and some of the conversations between her and MC almost write themselves. Of course, we'll have opportunities to get to know some of the receptionists (and some others) in due course.

I won't say too much more, for fear of getting into spoiler territory, but I'll be back with more soon.

* Now that I've said that, out here in the real world Hallowe'en is just a few weeks away. Let me see what I can do...

Reactions: Zenae and Vleder

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
It would be nice to have the character image reflect what they're wearing, though.
I forgot to respond to this. It's a lot of work, relatively speaking. I did change Lois from when you very first meet her (her blouse is buttoned up in the side images), and I think it would be appropriate for certain characters.

An example would be the receptionists. Right now they are shown with the uniform polo shirts (which still need to be re-jigged), but it might be appropriate to change the side image to reflect how they are outside of work as their personalities develop and you get to know them better.

But to do new side images for each costume change isn't likely any time soon.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
It's funny, I only played a couple of other games before I started on "The Roommate", and my two major issues were clothes that looked like they were painted on (especially to the breasts) and the lack of variety in the outfits.
On the other hand, that was also part of the reason for the stiffness of the poses in the early part of the game - I imagined layering clothes onto fixed poses and it took me a while to realize that wasn't going to cut it.
That seems to be a major problem and, by looking at your choices, I think you tried to avoid the awkward forms. I understand there's a lot of editing needed (from my experience of modding Skyrim, I spent countless hours changing meshes and painting bone weights, but I stopped some time ago and don't have a clue on how to do it in Daz. Think the process would be similar, but needs a lot of editing so that, for example, a loose shirt doesn't have awkward breast forms, or a tank top that's not streched between the breasts showing cleavage. But some people here get it right!).

There's a little "contest" on to design a new flight attendant uniform for Tilly - so it would cost you a dollar to participate in that.
But there's also a long-standing offer to VIP ($10/month) members to suggest an outfit, whether it be for Kari or one of the other characters. [...] I'm kind of surprised that nobody has taken me up on it so far.
I guess almost everyone has a different tale on how Tilly should present herself. But I'm going to gather my previous thoughts and some other and get back at you. And I didn't forget your challenge. It's just that you've always been ahead in terms of nice outfits and it became a thing on it's own to see how Kari and Lois, particularly, are going to make their next appearances. At least for me.

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018

But there's also a long-standing offer to VIP ($10/month) members to suggest an outfit, whether it be for Kari or one of the other characters. Obviously it has to be justified in some plausible way - we can't have Lois come to work dressed as Supergirl without good reason, and Hallowe'en is a long way off in game time!* I don't mind if it's simply something you've seen on Daz or Renderosity, or if people send pictures or descriptions. I'm kind of surprised that nobody has taken me up on it so far.

As to Lactomax, there's SO much more to come in that storyline!

I'm glad you're enjoying the chitchat! Lois, especially, is fun and some of the conversations between her and MC almost write themselves. Of course, we'll have opportunities to get to know some of the receptionists (and some others) in due course.
Thank you for the amazing response! I have seen the contest, though until I know more about the character, I'm not sure about her fashion sense.

I'll definitely consider a $10 VIP month at some point, once the stories of the newer characters are known. Would an office outfit apply for Lois, the receptionists and the intern? (I don't really know how much work goes into each one, to know if that is realistic or not.)

I'm glad to know that Lactomax has a lot more story to milk. ;)

You appear to be having fun with this, too, so I'm glad for that. It makes it easier to do when you're passionate about what you're creating.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. Your logic behind the side picture makes sense, too. *nod*

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Would an office outfit apply for Lois, the receptionists and the intern?
Just the receptionists and the intern - once the second full time receptionist starts in the sixth week, Lois will go back to having her own outfits. That'll be explained in the next version, which I am currently working on.

Reactions: Jenzi800 and Zenae
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes