• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.02 Public] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
WT+ Banner.png

Overview:
The Roommate v0.11.02 WT+ mod is my custom revision of JokerLeader's v0.11.02 Walkthrough mod for The Roommate v0.11.02 by togs-games. It adds additional scenes, choices, and dialog into the game, as well as giving the players suggestions and information about the choices they will make in the game.

Note: I removed ch20.rpy and ch20.rpyc from my mod in the v0.11.01 update. If you have old copies of them leftover from previous versions of my mod in your /game/ folder, please delete them.

Updated: 4/17/2024
Game/Creator: togs
Modder: Emelex
Mod Version: v0.11.02 WT+
Game Version: v0.11.02
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Disclaimer:
If you encounter a bug after playing the game with this mod installed, then odds are it's because of this mod and not because of the base game itself. So, if you are using this mod, post your bug reports here instead of the main game topic.

Download:

(Due to F95Zone's attachment size limit, I had to host the 30 MB archive on MediaFire.)

Screenshots:

screenshot final.png D56-Shower-11D.png D43-Office-10(UpPhoto)(noise)(Level3)(tta).png

Last edited:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I don't know if it's a game bug or the mod, but I'm hitting the following error a lot, with each occurance creating a traceback file.

Exception: Arguments supplied, but parameter list not present

Hitting ignore works, though I can't tell if it's actually messed up anything at that point.

The related file names and labels mentioned in each traceback.txt log file are different, but the error above is common to all of them.

I am using some other utilities such as URM (which itself seems to have problems within this VN) but I don't believe they're involved.

Has anyone else reported same to you?

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I don't know if it's a game bug or the mod, but I'm hitting the following error a lot, with each occurance creating a traceback file.

Exception: Arguments supplied, but parameter list not present

Hitting ignore works, though I can't tell if it's actually messed up anything at that point.

The related file names and labels mentioned in each traceback.txt log file are different, but the error above is common to all of them.

I am using some other utilities such as URM (which itself seems to have problems within this VN) but I don't believe they're involved.

Has anyone else reported same to you?
This is the first bug report I'm getting on this topic. I changed a few things around in the functions, so it's possible I caused it, but I haven't been getting that error. I had previously been getting an error where a loaded save's variables occasionally wouldn't load properly and I'd have to restart the game to make it work. But it's not something hitting ignore would fix, so it's likely unrelated. The only real way to know for sure if the base game is causing it or not is to [temporarily] uninstall my mod and maybe the other utilities and run the base game to see if the error happens there, too. Without more specifics, that's the only advice I can think to offer.

Alanswarley

Dec 19, 2019
I think it is a bug in Joker's mod, If you used that as a base for this. I have played the game with his mod and I was getting the same errors as Sidewinder. I then tried it without any mods n a fresh install and didn't get any errors at all.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
This is the first bug report I'm getting on this topic. I changed a few things around in the functions, so it's possible I caused it, but I haven't been getting that error. I had previously been getting an error where a loaded save's variables occasionally wouldn't load properly and I'd have to restart the game to make it work. But it's not something hitting ignore would fix, so it's likely unrelated. The only real way to know for sure if the base game is causing it or not is to [temporarily] uninstall my mod and maybe the other utilities and run the base game to see if the error happens there, too. Without more specifics, that's the only advice I can think to offer.
I think Alanswarley is correct, using Joker's mod produces the same error.

I did see what I thought was an odd use of label names by the game dev, though. Most of them used leading periods, like
"label .event-something:"
where I'm more familiar with
"label event-something:"

(But I'm no dev, I have zero idea if that's an issue.)

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I think it is a bug in Joker's mod, If you used that as a base for this. I have played the game with his mod and I was getting the same errors as Sidewinder. I then tried it without any mods n a fresh install and didn't get any errors at all.
I did use JokerLeader's mod as a base for mine, though I heavily modified it. If you'd like, I could investigate the changes he made and see if they negatively impact the game in some way. I might not have time to get to it right away though; it could take a day or two. A full log of the bug would really help, though, especially one with the specific points or days of the game this is happening to. Honestly, I wouldn't know where to begin fixing it until I get one.

Last edited:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Shoot, I've already uninstalled the game (though kept the saves). I did get to the end without issue, I just kept hitting ignore and it progressed. I can give you a save if that would help.

It was later in the game, too, around day 35 I think?

That... probably doesn't help. >.<

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Shoot, I've already uninstalled the game (though kept the saves). I did get to the end without issue, I just kept hitting ignore and it progressed. I can give you a save if that would help.

It was later in the game, too, around day 35 I think?

That... probably doesn't help. >.<
If you do still have the save, you could just reinstall everything and load the save to reproduce the error. But yes, a copy of the save might help as well.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
If I have the time, I'll do that. Here's a couple of saves in any case. If you just play forward from either of them it should happen.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
If I have the time, I'll do that. Here's a couple of saves in any case. If you just play forward from either of them it should happen.
The crazy thing is, I can't even load these saves. Every time I open them in my modded copy of the game, it just immediately goes back to the menu screen. Which other mods did you install; was it just Universal Ren'Py Mod? 'Cause even with the URPM RPA installed, I can't load them.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Those saves were from my playthrough using your mod. They worked when I saved them, dunno what's gone wrong. :(

I used your mod and Joker's mod (separate installs), URM, a textbox mod by BrandyVT (I think), a little util by Shaddy that shows onscreen the filename and line number being executed, and I enable console via Unren.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Those saves were from my playthrough using your mod. They worked when I saved them, dunno what's gone wrong. :(

I used your mod and Joker's mod (separate installs), URM, a textbox mod by BrandyVT (I think), a little util by Shaddy that shows onscreen the filename and line number being executed, and I enable console via Unren.
If you have links to any of those other mods/utilities, or a copy of the logs or bug reports you've been getting from the mod, I believe those would also be helpful in identifying the problem.

and3314

Oct 9, 2022
Well, at at first I thought this game is rather boring. But after playing it a bit more I can say it is excellent. Funny, full of ideas, lots of content. Not to mention the really beautiful ladies.
looking forward to th next update

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Well, at at first I thought this game is rather boring. But after playing it a bit more I can say it is excellent. Funny, full of ideas, lots of content. Not to mention the really beautiful ladies.
looking forward to th next update
I'm surprised you posted that on the topic for my mod for the game instead of the topic for the game itself.

Farbrorluffare

Feb 18, 2022
I get the errors at day 27 as well, I'll attach the saves and traceback log. I also got error messages when starting up the game for the first time after adding the mod. So I'll attach the error log for that as well.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I get the errors at day 27 as well, I'll attach the saves and traceback log. I also got error messages when starting up the game for the first time after adding the mod. So I'll attach the error log for that as well.
The errors.txt might be fixed by deleting the rpy files and just leaving the rpyc files. You can either test that yourself or wait until I have time to. The traceback.txt error is on me; I messed up ch27.rpy and I'll have to fix it. Thanks for the files; I wouldn't have figured it out without them.

EDIT: I've attached a new version of ch27.rpy that should fix the problem until I finish updating the main mod archive with it:
EDIT2: Alright, I added the fix to the main mod archive, but those two saves are still fucked. After installing the fix, they spout out an even worse kind of error, and I have no idea how to fix it. You might have to load earlier saves or just restart the game altogether. But at least the original source of the problem has been dealt with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farbrorluffare

Farbrorluffare

Feb 18, 2022
The errors.txt might be fixed by deleting the rpy files and just leaving the rpyc files. You can either test that yourself or wait until I have time to. The traceback.txt error is on me; I messed up ch27.rpy and I'll have to fix it. Thanks for the files; I wouldn't have figured it out without them.

EDIT: I've attached a new version of ch27.rpy that should fix the problem until I finish updating the main mod archive with it:
EDIT2: Alright, I added the fix to the main mod archive, but those two saves are still fucked. After installing the fix, they spout out an even worse kind of error, and I have no idea how to fix it. You might have to load earlier saves or just restart the game altogether. But at least the original source of the problem has been dealt with.
Thanks for the quick fix! And it even worked on my saves, so I didn't need to restart or load an earlier save

Reactions: Emelex
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes