togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I question the point of most of that. Sending text/email/money is going to have the same problem that calling does, I think; it'll be a highly situational thing that you can only do at specific points in the story, and would have been better done by a menu choice same as all other story choices.
I think you're right - in most situtations it's obviously easier just to say "Hey Iris, call whoever".

But used sparingly, and appropriately, I think it might be fun.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Wow that looks great! The only thing I might suggest is maybe below the picture and name populate the relationship status like girlfriend or submissive or what ever.
That doesn't feel necessary or appropriate to me. You could add it in the notes I guess.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
togs-games ; a question, more to display purposes, how many Branches and Paths has your game, if you have some time and feel like I'd like you to name them, I found 4 main Paths and well not so sure about the combinations and the girls, on each path, Also how does the MC personality influence the story ?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
togs-games ; a question, more to display purposes, how many Branches and Paths has your game, if you have some time and feel like I'd like you to name them, I found 4 main Paths and well not so sure about the combinations and the girls, on each path, Also how does the MC personality influence the story ?
Wow. I don't know. I'm not sure I'd care to enumerate them or try to rank them, although I'd be curious to hear what you came up with.

A lot of this has been covered before, so I'll keep it brief...

The original main LI is Kari, of course. I try to cover for people who don't find her attractive to some extent, but if someone REALLY hates her, they'd might be better off with another game!

Lois was originally intended to be a fairly minor character, but quickly grew to be a central character, largely because she's easy and fun to write!

Everyone else is to some extent optional, but almost every one of the female characters has a story of their own, to be explored on the side without critically affecting the main storyline. However, many of these have yet to be incorporated.

MC's personality limits his available choices in some situations, but shouldn't rule anything out completely.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Wow. I don't know. I'm not sure I'd care to enumerate them or try to rank them, although I'd be curious to hear what you came up with.
I asked you this to have an "official" confirmation of my impression regarding Posibilitys and replay value, freedom of choice etc.
your answer is more than enogh thank you.
At the moment I'm exploring the "poly" and "Harem" path`s and roughly played, 4 different variants (regarding MC) for each.
Being Kari, the central LI, I asked this, because it came up 1 or 2 pages before talking about the scenes and the dialoges, it seemed to me that some gamer's are not aware of all the variations and the freedom to shape the content to your liking (it is *about average in my opinion)
I left the "vainilla" path's for later on a separate walktrough playtrough.
for me it is like exploring the functions of (sorry for the bad comparsion) swiss army Knife.
It has in my opinion a very high replay factor.
I wouldn't be surprised if you end up in the "promoted game section"
* edit : above was meant sorry english is still a language I'm learning

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
How to fix it?
I'm not sure, but if you go into the guts of Ch62.rpy and ks02.rpy and replace all instances of "limitReduce" with "limitreduce", that should fix it I think. My mod has both versions of the function defined to avoid that problem.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
I'm not sure, but if you go into the guts of Ch62.rpy and ks02.rpy and replace all instances of "limitReduce" with "limitreduce", that should fix it I think. My mod has both versions of the function defined to avoid that problem.
Nice work on that mod. Didn't encounter a single error on an entire run-through. I wish I had been aware of it to begin with.

Reactions: Emelex

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
How to fix it?
That function is a relatively recent addition but it's in my backup copy of build 0907, so maybe it was left out of a modded version?

It's simply a reduction in lust, so you should probably be able to hit "ignore"

If you're technical enough to use emulex's fix, go ahead, but I would suggest changing the name of the function to mixed case ( limitReduce ) rather than changing the call to lowercase.

Otherwise, there'll be a new build later this week, but if you're playing a modded game I can't be sure it'll work for you.

Apr 27, 2023
Good game.

Note to people -- don't use 0.9.5 wt mod listed in the game description, for the 0.9.7! You'll start to get unrecoverable errors (at around end of 0.9.5 content probably). I had to restart the game from scratch. Use the 0.9.7 wt mod listed somewhere here in the discussion.

Reactions: Emelex

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Good game.

Note to people -- don't use 0.9.5 wt mod listed in the game description, for the 0.9.7! You'll start to get unrecoverable errors (at around end of 0.9.5 content probably). I had to restart the game from scratch. Use the 0.9.7 wt mod listed somewhere here in the discussion.
Saves with Jokers wT mod are Incopatible, I had a convo with somone else a few pages before, and Joker is on vacation till end of August, after he will catch up eventually.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

natsume297

Feb 24, 2019
That function is a relatively recent addition but it's in my backup copy of build 0907, so maybe it was left out of a modded version?

If you're technical enough to use emulex's fix, go ahead, but I would suggest changing the name of the function to mixed case ( limitReduce ) rather than changing the call to lowercase.

Otherwise, there'll be a new build later this week, but if you're playing a modded game I can't be sure it'll work for you.
I use mode last version 0.95 I think I download new file without use mode

Reactions: xapican

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
View attachment 2875459

Here's another screenshot from the souped-up phone system.

The buttons work - I was hovering over the phone icon when I did the screen grab.

Depending on what's appropriate, you'll be able to text, phone, email, send money or take notes!

Still subject to some tweaking, but I hope to have it finished for the next release.

Can someone remind me why I thought creating a VN was a good idea?
Man, that looks great! Will there be more than like four calls soon? Also, will dates planned outside of the main story be respected? (I had several evening dates planned with Ashley that ended up just dying out. Also, if you invite her to work for you and never mention anything else, the option to sugar daddy her for 1500 a month still shows up? Also also, if you are paying for that, it was implied in that dialogue that she'd be more available to you because of it, but she still says she can only be available in the evenings)

I believe the entire issue IS the mixed case; it's saying "limitReduce" is not defined.

Last edited:

Clupp

Oct 25, 2021
A new error has been found.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch64.rpy", line 1741, in script
    jump ch99
ScriptError: could not find label 'ch99'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump ch99
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1757, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.9.7
Fri Aug 25 20:16:14 2023

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
A new error has been found.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    jump ch99
This was discussed a few messages back - but it actually doesn't matter, because you've reached the end of that build.

So save the game just before that and you'll be able to continue with the new content when the next release comes out.

That will probably be this weekend for patrons and a short delay before it goes public.

Reactions: Tarakis

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Man, that looks great! Will there be more than like four calls soon? Also, will dates planned outside of the main story be respected? (I had several evening dates planned with Ashley that ended up just dying out. Also, if you invite her to work for you and never mention anything else, the option to sugar daddy her for 1500 a month still shows up? Also also, if you are paying for that, it was implied in that dialogue that she'd be more available to you because of it, but she still says she can only be available in the evenings)
As Master of Puppets said, there are good reasons NOT to use the phone interface much of the time, but I do plan to expand on it. I think a lot of the time it will be a good way for MC to arrange a hookup when his lust is getting high (better than masturbating in the shower, I think).

As discussed previously, the date with Ashley was originally a test thing that I forgot to take out until it was too late. But it took a while for me to get around to doing the appropriate (or inappropriate!) content for the actual date. There are a couple now.

I will check on the incongruity with her status!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
As Master of Puppets said, there are good reasons NOT to use the phone interface much of the time, but I do plan to expand on it. I think a lot of the time it will be a good way for MC to arrange a hookup when his lust is getting high (better than masturbating in the shower, I think).

As discussed previously, the date with Ashley was originally a test thing that I forgot to take out until it was too late. But it took a while for me to get around to doing the appropriate (or inappropriate!) content for the actual date. There are a couple now.

I will check on the incongruity with her status!
Great game, my friend! Love it!:love::love::love::love::love:

One suggestion regarding the phone, if I may... It would be nice if the phone were only available to select when there is at least one person who will answer. Otherwise, it would be my preference to have that option remain inactive. I like your idea to highlight the options that have available content. That also helps but the phone still comes available to choose even if there is no one to answer. I would change that one little thing if it were up to me...

Thank you for a really fun game! Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes